• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

MarkMan said:
I was out all day.

:(

This is YOUR FIGHT!

---

This is MarkMan's FIGHT!

4037042702_e32bfdfa4c_b.jpg
Damn, now I want to upgrade back to the limited edition.......

Dayumn Markman xD

I'm still on the fence about buying it, I can get it for €48 so that's pretty nice, I just don't know how playable it'll be on a 360 pad. That, and I don't know anyone who will play it so online better be reasonable.

Oh, and this stream: http://nl.justin.tv/escapingjail3 is online right now.

GasProblem said:
Dayumn Markman xD

I'm still on the fence about buying it, I can get it for €48 so that's pretty nice, I just don't know how playable it'll be on a 360 pad. That, and I don't know anyone who will play it so online better be reasonable.
Xconverter360.jpg

From SDTEKKEN-

Compatible with PS2 gamepads and arcade sticks (Switch 1)
Compatible with PS2 racing wheels (Switch 2)
Switch seamlessly between gamepad or racing wheels
Perfect button layout/placement for arcade sticks and racing wheels
Vibration support 4 Channel LED Display
Stand alone Xbox 360 guide button
Compatible with PC (requires Microsoft PC driver), vibration is also supported.

NOTE:
You will need a wired Xbox 360 controller to register/sync PS2 controller to the Xbox 360 console.

More info on ordering the product- http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/xconverter-360/

BTW, no lag.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Interesting that some new games still use the old ps3 logo. I definitely like the old boxart setup better.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Tekken 6 (with GAME Exclusive Preorder Bonus) is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

Incoming! Hopefully the postal strikes won't screw this up too much. : /

kiryogi

Banned
What the lame, ps3 limited edition doesn't have the shiny slipcover?! At least that's what markman says and that picture indicates as well D: D:

I am thinking of getting the Japanese version of this game (maybe Asian version...), does anyone know if net play is region locked or not? Also, will Japanese trophies carry over for North American accounts?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
kiryogi said:
What the lame, ps3 limited edition doesn't have the shiny slipcover?! At least that's what markman says and that picture indicates as well D: D:
wait...wat? Thats stupid. And there are three ps3 slipcovers in that pic, and not one of them is the limited edition?? I assumed that one on the bottom was empty...That means MarkMan bought four fucking copies for ps3?? HOLY SHITE.

MMaRsu

Leshita said:
I am thinking of getting the Japanese version of this game (maybe Asian version...), does anyone know if net play is region locked or not? Also, will Japanese trophies carry over for North American accounts?

Lol I hope netplay isn't region locked because that would fucking suck as I ordered the NTSC-J version lol.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the netplay region locking thing you can good as consider not an issue if the game will play. There's NO WAY a game would tell the xbox that it's 'in japan' based on disc an not IP.

If it plays, the network stuff won't be locked out.

EDIT:

Europlayers, check out my post 1 page back
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18165580&postcount=289

shortversion is send a 360 friend request to GafEuroBrawlers gamertag to be added to theEuropean Gaf Tekken6/SFIV list and hopefully get some nice games with quick connections once this launches.

kiryogi said:
Dude, he took one of the slip covers off. Every copy I see(360 and PS3)Has the slip cover. I'm getting my copy in 3hrs, HYPE!

So amazon gave me some bullshit about why I cant get release day delivery. You ordered before the option was available.

WELL FUCKING CHANGE IT NOW THAT THE OPTION IS AVAILABLE.

OSHAN

I'll have to hit up the stores after work and see if any are selling early. I would love to play this over the weekend.

scotcheggz

Heads up for UK people, I pre-ordered this from GAME and I got an email this morning saying my debit card was authorised and my order was geting ready to ship. If I log into my account, status says "Released for packing", but the tekken 6 page still says 7 days to go.

GAME breaking street dates?? I never seen that before, but YES, YES, YEESSSSS!!

MMaRsu

wmat said:
:lol

Did you ever try playing a fighter in a somewhat involved way with that piece of shit controller?

SCIV was good, didn't have much of a problem with SFIV either.. MvC2 worked like a charm as well :p.

But I'm not so tourney about it like some of you guys :p.

YuriLowell said:
Shitty DPAD.

I know, fuck the DPAD. I just play with the analog :lol

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
MMaRsu said:
SCIV was good, didn't have much of a problem with SFIV either.. MvC2 worked like a charm as well :p.

..and you can pull off moves consistently? Hats off to you then. I just can't.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
MMaRsu said:

:|

:|:|:|:|:|

MvC2 worked so well because the inputs registered as easy as single button presses, heck weren't the supers single button presses?

MMaRsu

wmat said:
..and you can pull off moves consistently? Hats off to you then. I just can't.

Yeah don't really have any problems with the analog at all. Sure sometimes it's off but w/e mostly because I don't execute the move well enough.

Jinfash said:
:|

:|:|:|:|:|

MvC2 worked so well because the inputs registered as easy as single button presses, heck weren't the supers single button presses?

I could honestly play SFIV pretty well.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
And you never ever thought that you weren't capable of executing the moves too well because of the controller?

MMaRsu

Jinfash said:
And you never ever thought that you weren't capable of executing the moves too well because of the controller?

Who cares, it's just a game :p. If I lose a match it isn't the end of the world :p.
But sure maybe, but what am I to do about it? I won't buy a stick, and I won't buy a Ps3 till next year :p.

RichardAM said:
Incoming! Hopefully the postal strikes won't screw this up too much. : /

Yup, got that email from GAME earlier too :) Choose next day delivery aswell, so could have this by Tuesday, unless it ships tomorrow and is here on Monday :O

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
A reminder to all Eurogaf online 360 players to friend

GT: EuroGafBrawlers

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
MMaRsu said:
Who cares, it's just a game :p. If I lose a match it isn't the end of the world :p
I don't think that type of argument works here. You cared enough about buying the game, ergo you should care about playing it right.

... You should play Lair when you buy a PS3 next year, you'll love it.

MMaRsu

Jinfash said:
I don't think that type of argument works here. You cared enough about buying the game, ergo you should care about playing it right.

... You should play Lair when you buy a PS3 next year, you'll love it.

Anyway, sure, but I really am not going to buy a stick. They are too expensive and won't get enough use out of me. I wouldn't have bought the game at 60 euro's either, but at 35 I just couldn't resist. I'm more of a casual tekken player I guess.

Hate on me all you want though for that :p.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
MMaRsu said:
I could honestly play SFIV pretty well.

Ok, fair enough. I was just confused by how needed someone to explain the incompetency of the 360's controller when it comes to fighters in general. The community has been very vocal about it.

MMaRsu said:
Anyway, sure, but I really am not going to buy a stick. They are too expensive and won't get enough use out of me. I wouldn't have bought the game at 60 euro's either, but at 35 I just couldn't resist. I'm more of a casual tekken player I guess.

That's understandable, and if you were content with how SFIV played with the regular controller you'll have no problems in enjoying Tekken.

TwIsTeD

MMaRsu said:

besides the terrible dpad the biggest thing for me is how I have always held a ps pad while playing tekken, the curve in the 360 controller makes it feel funny, I'm getting it on both systems, but stick is the only way I'll play on 360

Skilletor

MMaRsu said:

But...you said the 360 controller was just fine. Then you went on to say so what if you miss moves sometimes because of the controller. When it's not user error that makes you miss moves, it's a good sign that the controller you're using isn't fine.

Fucking paycheck didn't come through... Fuck.

Well waiting 4 years isn't genna stop me. Either I sell my wii or or overdraft. Lol

totally worth the overdraft though honestly lol

Going t6 hunting today

LeMaximilian said:
Totally agree on the visuals. On 360 here, and SCIV is tremendously better looking. This looks like a small step above PS3 DR, it's kind of faded looking. Even with motion blur off, and increase the resolution, it just smooths out some edges, but never has that crisp look SF4 and SC4 have.
small step above a ps2 game isn't good

MMaRsu

Jinfash said:
Ok, fair enough. I was just confused by how needed someone to explain the incompetency of the 360's controller when it comes to fighters in general. The community has been very vocal about it.

That's understandable, and if you were content with how SFIV played with the regular controller you'll have no problems in enjoying Tekken.

Oh I know, the DPAD is a complete piece of shit. Aside from that I adopted to the analog stick allright.

Not sure if I should pick up the limited edition of this. I never found Tekken enjoyable specially after 3. But that slip cover is DAMN sexy.

Leshita said:
Also, will Japanese trophies carry over for North American accounts?

I don't really understand what you're asking, but I've got a BUNCH of Japanese games for my PS3, and the Japanese trophies show up on my account when you look at my gaming info...

So like, outside of the 3p costumes, did Namco add any new customization items for the console version? All I've seen for purchase are the same arcade items. Hopefully beating SC will garner me some new console items.

I'm also finding SC's cutscenes incredibly lengthy and boring but I refuse to skip them. =/

AAK

Space A Cobra said:
So like, outside of the 3p costumes, did Namco add any new customization items for the console version? All I've seen for purchase are the same arcade items. Hopefully beating SC will garner me some new console items.

I'm also finding SC's cutscenes incredibly lengthy and boring but I refuse to skip them. =/

Only Gamestop pre-orders will have the extra customizations (+ CTS). But I'm not sure if my Hori wireless bundle will have it though.....MarkMan?

Top Bottom