• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

AAK said:
Only Gamestop pre-orders will have the extra customizations (+ CTS). But I'm not sure if my Hori wireless bundle will have it though.....MarkMan?

I didn't mean the cardboard tube samurai, I just meant in general. I was hoping they made new customization items for the console version but it doesn't look like they've made any. Just a few 3ps.

Whatever though. I made Kenshiro-Law. I'm happy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
catfish said:
A reminder to all Eurogaf online 360 players to friend

GT: EuroGafBrawlers

to gain access to a list of likeminded individuals!

ZOMG that's a great idea! I'm doing that right away and others should too!!

So far the list stands at 8. My dream is double digits!

SoulFist

As a Street Fighter player, how well do you think the transition to Tekken 6 would be? I've never really been huge on 3D fighters, and I always felt that they feel clunky. I have played DoA4 though and it wasn't my favorite.

MMaRsu

catfish said:
ZOMG that's a great idea! I'm doing that right away and others should too!!

So far the list stands at 8. My dream is double digits!

Lol quoting yourself.. crazy catfish. But yeah dude I will later tonight but I'm at work right now.

Mattlikewhoa said:
I don't really understand what you're asking, but I've got a BUNCH of Japanese games for my PS3, and the Japanese trophies show up on my account when you look at my gaming info...

That's what I meant. I did not know that Japanese trophies add on or not to your North American account. Thanks!

Tain

We've only got one PS3 controller here, but we've got a USB PS2->USB adapter.

Is there any way I can have the DS3 on one profile and the PS2 controller on another? How would I sign in with the PS2 controller?

sorry i'm new to this ps3 stuff

karasu

SoulFist said:
As a Street Fighter player, how well do you think the transition to Tekken 6 would be? I've never really been huge on 3D fighters, and I always felt that they feel clunky. I have played DoA4 though and it wasn't my favorite.

Like an apple transforming into an orange.

SoulFist said:

If you never really liked 3D fighters, I don't see why this would change your mind. It does feel clunkier than 2D, but once you get used to it, it feels fine. If you invest some time, however, you could end up liking both 2D and 3D fighters.

BTW, I think the DOA series is possibly the worst out of the 3D fighters, so maybe you'll enjoy this better.

crunker99

just got it myself
game comes with a paper sleeve for some reason, hate when they do that.. such a waste:

dmtek.jpg

if anyone wants to rock it on live later my tag is GRDM ill make some room on friends

takes a while to install on the Xbox360, the install is a whopping 6.6 GB

the intro cg is amazing though, and loading times are great

kiryogi

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
Dude, he took one of the slip covers off. Every copy I see(360 and PS3)Has the slip cover. I'm getting my copy in 3hrs, HYPE!

No, I asked him on IRC before I posted about it.

[03:21] <kyoriSigma2> MarkMan: does the limited edition have the slipcover for the game too?
[03:21] <MarkMan> only the 360 one did

Aeris130

SoulFist said:

Yeah, "heavy" movement is definitely one of the things you notice first. It's like every character has a 5-ton weight on their back. On top of this, backdashing can be quite shorter than forward dashing, making it feel like there's a gravitational void pulling the characters closer to eachother (especially annoying if you're trying to play a mid/long-range character).

This is really just something you'll get used to after a while, and once you have, you'll notice what a clusterfuck fights turn into in games where your characters can dash all over the screen freely (for lulz, try Jing Wu Online, Chinese though). Once you get used to it, you never go back, seriously. You will get used to it.

The second thing that really distinguishes 3D (apart from the whole 3D-thingy) is, in my opinion, that spacing/footsies happen a lot earlier (skill-wise) than in 2D. Simply getting as close as possible and start landing hits (mash that jab) doesn't work quite as well for novices, especially since blocking low is a helluva lot more dangerous than in, say SFIV, since a launching mid kills 30% of your HP bar or more. Down-backing the opponent is not an option for anyone, something I really hate about some 2D games.

At first, I got really annoyed at this, thinking "if only I didn't play online, I could surely block all those high/low mixups on reaction". But the solution is usually (online or not) to simply not stand close enough for the opponent to throw out random shit, unless you're in position to attack. And with the near-lack of projectiles, as well as +1 dimension to move in, it's something that comes in hand even if you're not Justing Wong playing Daigo.

Then there's that thing about hitting downed players, re-downing them. Fucking hate that.

kiryogi said:
No, I asked him on IRC before I posted about it.

[03:21] <kyoriSigma2> MarkMan: does the limited edition have the slipcover for the game too?
[03:21] <MarkMan> only the 360 one did

WTF is this shit? =/ (I bought the PS3 limited edition ;_; )

moneyhats confirmed

Dizzy-4U

Guys, I have a question. I have Tekken 5 DR on PS3 and some stages have this blurry ass effect which makes it look horrible. That's not present in 6 right?

Tain

Wait, am I an idiot or can you simply not have two profiles signed in simultaneously at all on the PS3?

Im heading out on a mission to score Tekken 6 early..wish me luck! If I fail I'll post a pic of my hands...nothing else..just my hands

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
crunker99 said:
just got it myself
game comes with a paper sleeve for some reason, hate when they do that.. such a waste:

if anyone wants to rock it on live later my tag is GRDM ill make some room on friends

Wish we could. The online functions are currently non-existent in the game.

LowParry

So I'm getting the impression that Tekken 6 is not meant for 1080p sets on the visual level of things. Best on 720p sets.

Question for you PS3 owners w/ T5DR PSN: Are you gonna keep or delete T5DR once T6 comes out?

In my case, while I do have plenty of storage space(320GB HDD), afaik theres nothing important in T5DR so theres no reason why I should still have it.

The sole reason I bought it was its a placeholder for T6. Now that T6 is "out", out with the old in with the new :D

crunker99

Dizzy-4U said:
Guys, I have a question. I have Tekken 5 DR on PS3 and some stages have this blurry ass effect which makes it look horrible. That's not present in 6 right?

you can turn on or off the motion blur on 360 in options

SarBear said:
How are the loading times on both versions?

the loading on the xbox360 after you install is good to normal, the longest times are in the campaign beat-em-up 3D fighter mode, which I am playing now, which can get up to 15 seconds or 18 seconds, but thats the most yet, usually its half that if not 1/4

crunker99

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Wasnt that always the case though? turning off motion blur gives X360 a res boost and PS3 2x MSAA?

ive had had it both on and off and i don't notice a res difference, and i run my 360 at 1080p over hdmi.. the motion blur def looks better though, overall

ShinobiFist said:
Crappy cellphone pics(But the VSHG still looks sexy) Forgot to post this earlier. PS3 and 360 version on BLAST on the V10 baby!
T6BRPS31-1.jpg
Any dropped inputs with the VSHG?
I swear, that stick fuckin' hated T5DR

scotcheggz

luka said:
We should start a club.

I'm in.
Though I got an email from GAME today saying they dispatched my order. I'm going o camp out on my doorstep tonight and rip the postmans hand off in the morning. If he doesnt have it, he shall pay. Oh yes, he shall pay.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dizzy-4U said:
Come on dood, just grab the game.

Top Bottom