• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

AAK said:
In other news, I was realized the throw break animations on Bob's side throws are unique! Mind-blown! 500 hours of time spent into this game and I'm still figuring out so many things. I also just found out that Heihachi's headbutt causes B! at another gather at a friend's place, I can't see myself putting this game down!

Didn't know that about bob 0_0 but also forgot about the headbutt B!

I use to use it but stopped playing Heihachi... need to get back into it.

Happy that with less than two weeks into moving to my new place, through SRK I've found a group of guys to play fighters with. Its primarily 2D fighter players but they're all wanting to get better at Tekken so all is good ^_^ I'm going in a few hours over to check things out.

AAK

RelentlessRolento said:
Didn't know that about bob 0_0 but also forgot about the headbutt B!

I use to use it but stopped playing Heihachi... need to get back into it.

Happy that with less than two weeks into moving to my new place, through SRK I've found a group of guys to play fighters with. Its primarily 2D fighter players but they're all wanting to get better at Tekken so all is good ^_^ I'm going in a few hours over to check things out.

EXACTLY my case! Well, actually I found one guy at tekkencanada.com and then he relayed me to SRK where the entire community is. It's only 3 of us in the entire Ottawa region dedicated to Tekken, and around 15-20 that play 2D fighters, but our influence is growing! And they unanimously dislike AE and MvC3 and enjoy playing 3Strike and MvC2 a lot more.

But ah well, Doomshine is right... waaaay too much Tekken media right now to catch up on. Currently loving the 20 v 20 MASTERCUP exhibition currently being uploaded!

And sorry Sayah, you were online but a friend and I were having some offline sessions :)

lol I missed out on getting together to fight some guys today... woke up way too tired due to being up till 6am last night. I'll for sure be going to the next meetup though >_<

Sayah

AAK said:
EXACTLY my case! Well, actually I found one guy at tekkencanada.com and then he relayed me to SRK where the entire community is. It's only 3 of us in the entire Ottawa region dedicated to Tekken, and around 15-20 that play 2D fighters, but our influence is growing! And they unanimously dislike AE and MvC3 and enjoy playing 3Strike and MvC2 a lot more.

But ah well, Doomshine is right... waaaay too much Tekken media right now to catch up on. Currently loving the 20 v 20 MASTERCUP exhibition currently being uploaded!

And sorry Sayah, you were online but a friend and I were having some offline sessions :)

No problem at all. I had someone else wanting to play MvC3 with me later on anyway so it's cool.

Sayah

Also happy that Tekken is one of the very few fighters (or maybe the only?) that has avoided DLC characters, stages, and costumes. I payed $30 for Tekken 6 and it was definitely bang for my buck. I'll hope Namco keeps this trend alive. I'll be pissed if I ever have to pay for extra characters or customization options.

Sayah said:
Also happy that Tekken is one of the very few fighters (or maybe the only?) that has avoided DLC characters, stages, and costumes. I payed $30 for Tekken 6 and it was definitely bang for my buck. I'll hope Namco keeps this trend alive. I'll be pissed if I ever have to pay for extra characters or customization options.
Pity is still was not exempt from exclusive preorder costumes though D:

Sayah

_dementia said:
Pity is still was not exempt from exclusive preorder costumes though D:
I didn't have a PS3 when it launched. Otherwise, I would have bought it launch day. Didn't know there were special pre-order costumes. I'm fine with that actually. The biggest fans are gonna buy it day one anyway. Seeing the amazing Dark Souls pre-order bonus Namco has announced at regular price, I'll actually hope Tag 2 also provides great incentive to pre-order (although I'll have it day one regardless). As long as there's no Super or Ultimate versions announced a few months later or DLC packaged on disc and charged later.

I also want the ability to gift your friends costumes and customizations using the Tekken fight money.

Sayah

Oh, just checked it. It was just an extra samurai costume for Yoshi so not missing out on much, haha. I wouldn't count pre-order bonus costume the same as charged DLC costume.

AAK

Sayah said:

Harada said he was originally against DLC and extra add ons for console because it gives unfair incentives to not go to the arcade anymore....

But at comic-con, he said that he can't avoid it anymore and that it's very likely you'll see DLC for consoles for TTT2 that they can patch in via the online network for the arcades simultaneously.

Yeah, it is a shame. Never touched the costume packs for SSF4 or Blazblue. Although I did end up buying Valkenhyn and Makoto for Blazblue & Sayuri/Harley for Hard Corps just to support Arc System Works for still fighting to keep 2D sprites alive... even though I'm contributing to the problem :(

Sayah

AAK said:
Harada said he was originally against DLC and extra add ons for console because it gives unfair incentives to not go to the arcade anymore....

But at comic-con, he said that he can't avoid it anymore and that it's very likely you'll see DLC for consoles for TTT2 that they can patch in via the online network for the arcades simultaneously.

Yeah, it is a shame. Never touched the costume packs for SSF4 or Blazblue. Although I did end up buying Valkenhyn and Makoto for Blazblue & Sayuri/Harley for Hard Corps just to support Arc System Works for still fighting to keep 2D sprites alive... even though I'm contributing to the problem :(
:/
If there ever is DLC for Tag 2, it better be well worth it or I'll rage. I'm not against DLC but too many companies abuse it and purposefully leave out content in the original to charge it later as DLC.

And I'll also be contributing to the problem by buying Ultimate MvC3. :(

I usually wait for deals on DLC. I got the SFIV complete first costume pack when it went on discount... waiting for the next pack to drop.

I'll support DLC if it dosnt have effect over gameplay usually like custom costumes and etc. Any way I can expand my Tekken game without changing it for everyone else is a good thing.

Doomshine

I'm definitely considering Wang/Jinpachi for team old bastards right now. Bryan and Dragunov are already a lock for team psycho soldiers. Then I'm thinking Miguel/Armor King for team brawlers and Raven/Zafina for team low tier.

Not sure yet how to team up Jin, Feng and Jack. I guess Jack kind of covers Feng's weaknesses, but I'm going for more than that :]

Anyway, I'm going to need to learn one more character to complete the teams.

alstein

One question for folks who played- is stepping more punishable now, that was one of my big issues with T6, I felt like people were doing SS cancels and BDC way too safely.

as for the DLC, I don't think DLC is too bad if it has value. Costume DLC and Character DLC is fine. When it gets bad is Capcom-style costume packs where it's 1 char you like and 4 you can't stand, and nickel and diming for stuff like announcer voices.

Calcaneus

As long as they keep the same amount of crazy costumes and items in the main game, then I don't mind them coming out with extra dlc.

alstein said:
One question for folks who played- is stepping more punishable now, that was one of my big issues with T6, I felt like people were doing SS cancels and BDC way too safely

Interesting because a lot of players were complaining at how uneffective SS was being how slow it was and all the tracking moves available in T6. Well The Tekken team said for TTT2 each character has been looked at for individual stepping speeding and adjusted accordingly. Like Alisa's backdash has been slowed a fair bit while other got a faster one (Raven, Julia and Hwoarang I believe?)

And some characters gained new tracking moves (DVJ's f+1+2) while several other lost tracking (Lars' db+2,1)

Aka you have to get a feel for it by playing the game (shucks) but most folks at location tests have ovarall mentioned that Side stepping is now more effective like in DR.

AAK

Kaz/Law tag throw made my day!

@alstein

I think you're a little mistaken. T6 was the game where BDC'ing and SSing to avoid moves become notoriously harder to compared to T5DR and TTT, reverting (slightly) back to how it was in T4. People that could safely sidestep you had to practice and gain SOLID knowledge of the frame data to be able to do it. The rule of thumb for SS-ing an opponent is that if the move you landed is at the maximum -4 frame advantage on block/hit, you can usually sidestep the opponent's retaliating move as long as you do it in the right direction. It used to be significantly more leniant in T5:DR and TTT where it was a massive turtle-fest! If you want a much more detailed analysis of sidestepping/backdashing in T6, check out these threads:

Sidestepping
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=117929

Backdashing:
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=117982

It's a lot of text, but the manner in which noodalls did everything is brilliant!

EDIT: And according to Aris, Backdashing was buffed for the majority of the cast but nerfed for others like Alisa (for good reason :p)

Sayah

Xiayou and Nina will be my main team. Both are great in terms of trickery. Xiayou's got amazing rolling techniques and Nina's got really great and agile sidestepping. I also noticed that Xiayou's f,f,1+2,1+2 can now be used to bound in TTT2 which is great for unlocking extra combo potential with her. The only problem is that I only have Nina mastered. Ling will take a long time to learn all her tweaks and tricks. Gonna start doing all I can with her in Tekken 6 so my killer team is ready by the time TTT2 arrives. I'm also really hoping that the fourth unrevealed character for TTT2 Prologue will be Nina (who obviously would be the tag partner with Kazuya). That will be perfect as I'll then have Xiayou and Nina to practice with.

AAK

I still am so conflicted on who I want to main this time around. I like to switch things around for new games and I'm a huge fan of flashy characters.

Definitely going to try and Rep a Hwoarang/Zafina team. Zafina looks like good assist character with some of her strings, and Hwoarang is so satisfying to play as.

They also added so much new stuff to Julia so I'm really eager to try her out... so probably another ream I'm willing to try out is Julia/Armor King.

But I can say with 90% accuracy that everything will change when I finally get my hands on the full game (which looks so far away) :(

EDIT: Speaking of far away:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/09/tekken-producer-on-the-art-of-creating-a-tekken-fighter/

Since Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue is part of Tekken Hybrid fans are not going to have to wait too long for the full version, right?

People often misunderstand the situation. [Laughs.] They think because the arcade board is on PS3 hardware you can bring it to consoles right away. Even though the architecture is based on the hardware, the processing power and resolution are different. The arcade version is just the basic game. You don’t have all of the options, customization, and menus built for the game. All of that takes quite more time than people may imagine.

While in some countries arcades aren’t active, there are some areas in the world where arcades are very popular. If we release a console version right afterwards that would downplay that area. It’s not that we’re waiting on purpose, we do need extra time to build features into the console version.

(sigh) Oh well... But T6 can definitely last me another 15 months :)

Sayah

Armor King and Jaycee sounds like a really great team. Although, yes, things may also end up changing for me once the game ships. Very interesting interview there, though. Probably explains why Tekken 6 took forever. One thing I don't understand, though, is that previous Tekken titles did not take very long at all to ship worldwide. Tekken 5 (which was jam packed with content) released in arcades in December 2004 and on consoles in February 2005. In any case, I'd much rather have something like "Devil Within" (which was enjoyable) on consoles as opposed to something like Scenario Campaign.

zlatko

Banned
*sigh* I've been trying to find a cheap 360 copy of this game, but I can't find anyone who wants to sell it for $10.00 shipped.

I hate being broke. Also, I see all the info for TTT2 keeps being placed here. Is there no official TTT2 thread of hype similar to the UMvC3 one?

AAK

I made a comprehensive location test mega thread... but it was only the usual 4 posters after a while... and the OP got too big and for some reason got completely wiped during one of the edits. Was pretty sad since it took me nearly 4 hours to compile all the info and images and I had no backups :(

I suppose I can make an official Tekken-neogaf-thread once Hybrid comes out that we can continuously update that with info in the gaming discussion to build hype.

And Sayah definitely has a point regarding T5's console release. But Harada was right about how when T5 console was released, nearly every arcade operator was enraged @ Namco for releasing it so soon and having everyone get more value with the console version. So I assume it has more to do with retaining a good relationship b/w arcades & Namco rather than all the console specific content.

Sayah

You should definitely make a TTT2 hype thread and update it with gameplay videos whenever they are available. Tekken here might not be as big as SF but I'll help support the thread. :)

zlatko

Banned
Sayah said:
You should definitely make a TTT2 hype thread and update it with gameplay videos whenever they are available. Tekken here might not be as big as SF but I'll help support the thread. :)

Same. To add to this more people are getting hyped for TTT2 than say SFxT for next year. I think more people would definitely jump aboard the TTT2 hype train with a thread in gaming constantly giving them goodness.

I know after Evo/Comic-Con my level of hype is KoF13 > TTT2 > Skull Girls > SF3OE > SFxT > UMvC3

Sayah

zlatko said:
Same. To add to this more people are getting hyped for TTT2 than say SFxT for next year. I think more people would definitely jump aboard the TTT2 hype train with a thread in gaming constantly giving them goodness.

I know after Evo/Comic-Con my level of hype is KoF13 > TTT2 > Skull Girls > SF3OE > SFxT > UMvC3
I haven't played KoF that much. How is it as far as depth and variety go? Also, what types of combos can be pulled off?
I'll be getting TTT2, SFXT, UMVC3, and SF3OE for sure. Not sure about Skull Girls yet.

zlatko

Banned
Sayah said:
I haven't played KoF that much. How is it as far as depth and variety go? Also, what types of combos can be pulled off?
I'll be getting TTT2, SFXT, UMVC3, and SF3OE for sure. Not sure about Skull Girls yet.

Sent you a PM about KoF13 stuff to not derail this thread. :)

AAK

Sayah said:

Will do :)

But yeah, I'm gonna wait until after TGS being the last major convention before the arcade release for some juicy info before making one....

But I'm honestly thinking I should just wait for Tekken Hybrid's release and make an official thread for that game and have that as the TTT2 hype thread.

zlatko

Banned
AAK said:
Will do :)

But yeah, I'm gonna wait until after TGS being the last major convention before the arcade release for some juicy info before making one....

But I'm honestly thinking I should just wait for Tekken Hybrid's release and make an official thread for that game and have that as the TTT2 hype thread.

It's up to you, but I recommend a TTT2 thread, and then include the stuff for hybrid within it. Having a hybrid thread for TTT2 hype seems like going about things backwards.

Totally up to you though. :p

Doomshine

I can't make threads, but I will gladly help keep any Tekken-related thread on this board alive :)

A thread for Tekken Crash on GAF would be an interesting experiment, if only to show that Tekken is in fact popular, capable of hype and has character variety.

AAK

dpv1ww.png

And if anyone has anything specific they'd like to have included in this TTT2 megathread, feel free to input all your thoughts and wishes in this thread :)

AAK said:
And if anyone has anything specific they'd like to have included in this TTT2 megathread, feel free to input all your thoughts and wishes in this thread :)

All I ask is a pic of Harada San in the OP

... and maybe a pic at the end with Kayo Police ^_^

Sayah

AAK said:
dpv1ww.png

Excellent.
Is there any confirmation for up to 4 player support in one match just like Tag 1?

Hmmm theres so much you can add into it.

- Netsu and Tag Crash
- Character changes Just find the changes threads at TZ Like so.)
- TTT2 footage from channels (haha Tekkenlive!)
- Captured music
- Cool Misc stuff ie intros, outros, weapon moves, unique throws
- COMBOES The Main man comes to mind.

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
Hmmm theres so much you can add into it.

- Netsu and Tag Crash
- Character changes Just find the changes threads at TZ Like so.)
- TTT2 footage from channels (haha Tekkenlive!)
- Captured music
- Cool Misc stuff ie intros, outros, weapon moves, unique throws
- COMBOES The Main man comes to mind.
^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, all this would be great. The Tekkenpedia page has some great trailers, info, and image as well. And don't forget this image.

tekken-tag-tournament-2-screens-20110218114030515_640w.jpg

Sayah

RelentlessRolento said:
?

Didn't they redo everyone? I'm pretty sure they remodeled all the character faces
I'm not sure. Lili's intro still looked like this in the Evo built as far as I remember. Definitely needs to be fixed since it doesn't look like her at all.

Sayah said:
I'm not sure. Lili's intro still looked like this in the Evo built as far as I remember. Definitely needs to be fixed since it doesn't look like her at all.

Everyone in TTT2 has had their face modified a bit. Lili still looks fine to me, but I understand your complaint.

Bryan's face looks prettier now as well if you didn't notice

Doomshine

All the faces are definitely different, some look a little funky... or it might just be the new corny lines they've been given for the intros. They are approaching Virtua Fighter levels of awfulness with the pre-fight dialogue.

Harada's twitpic is a goldmine if you're looking for awesome pictures.

m4HoG.jpg

Doomshine said:
All the faces are definitely different, some look a little funky... or it might just be the new corny lines they've been given for the intros. They are approaching Virtua Fighter levels of awfulness with the pre-fight dialogue.

I'm honestly glad with TTT2 finally getting most of the languages right. It never felt right to hear Leo speak in T6, but in german he/she sounds great.

GrayFoxPL

RelentlessRolento said:
I'm honestly glad with TTT2 finally getting most of the languages right. It never felt right to hear Leo speak in T6, but in german he/she sounds great.

From what I've heard Leo sounds awful in German. Dunno, maybe it's the sound quality. If you have a clear sample let me know but I miss his English voice. "Lucky me."

From what I've read not only faces got remodeled but the models themselves. More pronounced musculature, veins etc. I think clothes are more or less the same.

Btw Imo face models are getting worse and worse. Better by polygon count, but worse aesthetically. I like faces from T4 and T5 the best, now they look more and more creepy.

GrayFoxPL said:
From what I've heard Leo sounds awful in German. Dunno, maybe it's the sound quality. If you have a clear sample let me know but I miss his English voice. "Lucky me."

From what I've read not only faces got remodeled but the models themselves. More pronounced musculature, veins etc. I think clothes are more or less the same.

Btw Imo face models are getting worse and worse. Better by polygon count, but worse aesthetically. I like faces from T4 and T5 the best, now they look more and more creepy.
I like hearing native talk more than accented English, so that's probably why. Miguel has benefitted the most from this IMHO

I'm with you on the faces. T5 was the last game in Tekken to do a visual evlove... Everyone is wearing the same stuff since then

Top Bottom