• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

AAK

Awesome. ON, Canada here. So I'm also with the EST. AAK0924 is my PSN feel free to add me. RelentlessRolento is in Florida and despite being quite the far distance from me we still managed to get 4 bar connections. I suppose I'll attribute it to his superior internet ;) But that guy is too popular, took forever to become his friend :p

Sayah

Cool. I'll add you next time I get on. I have a pretty good connection so hopefully matches should go smoothly. I had put in around 250+ hours into the game and unlocked a lot of different rages and had more than enough money. Unfortunately, all my data got deleted so all my customizations and rages are gone. :/ Although, thankfully, the ranks are still the same when I play ranked matches.

mr_boo

I'm hoping there's a Lei user here...I would consider myself still a somewhat new Tekken player so my notation may be off (bear with me).

1. With d1+2, 3 currently I follow up with d4, 4 and I go straight to drunken stance. Is there anything more consistently damaging then this?

2. Same applies to d3+4, 3. I rely on d4, 4 as the follow up - I know that df1+2 connects but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to hit on a consistent basis.

Any suggestions anyone?

Doomshine

mr_boo said:
I'm hoping there's a Lei user here...I would consider myself still a somewhat new Tekken player so my notation may be off (bear with me).

1. With d1+2, 3 currently I follow up with d4, 4 and I go straight to drunken stance. Is there anything more consistently damaging then this?

2. Same applies to d3+4, 3. I rely on d4, 4 as the follow up - I know that df1+2 connects but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to hit on a consistent basis.

Any suggestions anyone?
I'm not a Lei player so I might be confusing the positions, but I checked on Tekken Zaibatsu and for 1. it seems these are your options:

-d+4
-WS 3(if opponent is close when hit)
-3~4 (first kick will hit)
-b+4 (hits grounded)

and 2:

-if KNDs is CH, d/f+1 can pickup into almost standard juggle
-if KNDs is CH or not, d/f+1+2, b! ff+3,4
-df1+2 B! f,f+3~b BT d+1 BT 3
-df1+2 B! WS+2, f,f+3,4 (the timing for this is pretty tight after WS+2)
-d/f+1+2, TGR 3~f W! 1+2
-df1+2 B! ~u (crouch cancel) fn1, fn2 fn2 ff3,4

As always, the character forums on Tekken Zaibatsu are your friends for this kind of stuff.

mr_boo

AAK said:
Anything and everything Lei related go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGLLeikrG4

Sorry man, I'm a Lei scrub.
Thanks, I caught that already. My issue wasn't fully addressed in that Lei Tutorial - nonetheless lots of good stuff in there.

Doomshine said:
I'm not a Lei player so I might be confusing the positions, but I checked on Tekken Zaibatsu and for 1. it seems these are your options:

-d+4
-WS 3(if opponent is close when hit)
-3~4 (first kick will hit)
-b+4 (hits grounded)

and 2:

-if KNDs is CH, d/f+1 can pickup into almost standard juggle
-if KNDs is CH or not, d/f+1+2, b! ff+3,4
-df1+2 B! f,f+3~b BT d+1 BT 3
-df1+2 B! WS+2, f,f+3,4 (the timing for this is pretty tight after WS+2)
-d/f+1+2, TGR 3~f W! 1+2
-df1+2 B! ~u (crouch cancel) fn1, fn2 fn2 ff3,4

As always, the character forums on Tekken Zaibatsu are your friends for this kind of stuff.
Thanks for the tips - I'll definitely try those out when I get home. I know about Tekken Zaibatsu - I was too lazy to create an account and figured I try my luck here. Regarding the df1+2 followup to d3+4, 3 - I guess I'll just have to practice it more cause it seems like df1+2 is the way to go.

Sayah

Sorry I had to leave early. Something had come up for me. But those were great matches. Devil Jin and Armor King are your best characters imo.
I don't know much with anyone else besides Nina.

You mean going face down and doing the wake up low kick?

You can juggle of that if it lifts them in the air, I follow it up with crouching df+2,1,4 into phoenix stance.

AAK

Sayah said:
Sorry I had to leave early. Something had come up for me. But those were great matches. Devil Jin and Armor King are your best characters imo.
I don't know much with anyone else besides Nina.

Your Nina is fearsome! Love that mindgame you use with the poison mist. I've never played anyone that utilized it like you did and it decimated me! I thought your Heihachi was also pretty beastly. that last match with him at the wall where you first did d+3,d+3, and then mixed up between d+4 or death fist. Another great 50/50 I've never encountered!

But yeah, I spend the majority of my time playing Armor King and Hwoarang(still combating his learning curve). I just got lucky in those DJin matches, I'm actually don't know how to play him properly :p. Just now it hit me that I never used his d/b+2 low pokes ever and just spammed the hell sweeps.

Look forward to playing you again :)

EDIT: And here's the results for the week's episode:

Original Mathces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqTtSe58kQ&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxj0bSimSE&feature=channel_video_title

Winner's Match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1zwWTPjw4&feature=channel_video_title

Loser's Match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdHO136Kc-4&feature=channel_video_title

Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bHQWxHWvwE

Sayah said:
Cool. I'll add you next time I get on. I have a pretty good connection so hopefully matches should go smoothly. I had put in around 250+ hours into the game and unlocked a lot of different rages and had more than enough money. Unfortunately, all my data got deleted so all my customizations and rages are gone. :/ Although, thankfully, the ranks are still the same when I play ranked matches.

was going to post this earlier but found out a super easy way to load up on fight money that pretty much nowhere on the webs really posted correctly...

in Scenario Mode:

- Equip your character (and Alisa if possible) with the largest "+XXX% Fight Money" items you have and whatever other buffers you need/want

- Play Mokujin Stage (difficulty dosn't matter)

- Play stage normally up until you get to the where the door opens; you can fly through this normally or if you want to speed through it quicker (and get to some aliens sooner) hit your opponents into bound state as soon as possible to fall through ground; the next step is key to getting a ton of money!

- You will eventually come to one of the floors where three fat Zaibatsu guards drop down and fight. Make sure you bound one of them to break the floor!. If you do not, very low chance the golden Mokujins will appear, but if you do bound one of them into breaking the floor you will 100% get golden Mokujins. (tip: to make it easier one of the Mokujins in the floor before the three fat Zaibatsu guards drops a vile that will allow you to launch any enemy with any attack, making them easier to bound; also, low attacks are the easiest way to hit the fat Zaibatsu guards)

- You will know you did it right if you start fighting golden Mokujins. Golden Mokujins always drop huge wads of cash. Even if you don't beat Mokujin in the end you are guaranteed at least 2 Million Fight Money, and if lucky or good on scoring, near 3 Million.

- Rinse and repeat for easy money.

hope that helps you get all the stuff you need.

with that said, I still don't know how the fuck to unlock rages :(

I just moved and can play whenever now ^_^ hit me up for fights

Rage colours are a bit tedious to get to be honest.

You have to get the roulette chance and hit "Lucky," after that get 3 treasure chests to line up and bam you got a rage colour.

There is a trick that makes this a bit easier however. Play a new character in ghost mode for 9 matches and then leave to save. Go back in and Pick the character again and go into a match and it will always be roulette chance (10th match is always a roulette). If you get the chests to line up goody. If it doesn't match up quickly press HOME and quit the game through the XMB. Go back into the game and hit up the character's 10th match again until you get it.

Flying Wonkey said:
Rage colours are a bit tedious to get to be honest.

You have to get the roulette chance and hit "Lucky," after that get 3 treasure chests to line up and bam you got a rage colour.

There is a trick that makes this a bit easier however. Play a new character in ghost mode for 9 matches and then leave to save. Go back in and Pick the character again and go into a match and it will always be roulette chance (10th match is always a roulette). If you get the chests to line up goody. If it doesn't match up quickly press HOME and quit the game through the XMB. Go back into the game and hit up the character's 10th match again until you get it.

thx I'll give i a go... I knew it was roulette but didn't know best way to try and get it.

Sayah

AAK said:
Your Nina is fearsome! Love that mindgame you use with the poison mist. I've never played anyone that utilized it like you did and it decimated me! I thought your Heihachi was also pretty beastly. that last match with him at the wall where you first did d+3,d+3, and then mixed up between d+4 or death fist. Another great 50/50 I've never encountered!

But yeah, I spend the majority of my time playing Armor King and Hwoarang(still combating his learning curve). I just got lucky in those DJin matches, I'm actually don't know how to play him properly :p. Just now it hit me that I never used his d/b+2 low pokes ever and just spammed the hell sweeps.

Look forward to playing you again :)

EDIT: And here's the results for the week's episode:

Original Mathces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqTtSe58kQ&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxj0bSimSE&feature=channel_video_title

Winner's Match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1zwWTPjw4&feature=channel_video_title

Loser's Match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdHO136Kc-4&feature=channel_video_title

Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bHQWxHWvwE

The Poison/Evil Mist is actually one of Nina's most overlooked moves. It seems like it's impossible to do when you see it on the command list but it's actually not that hard to do at all. You just do a semicircle starting from back to forward and the hold down and back along with triangle and X. It's a great move because it's unblockable once it hits and leads to some great potential juggling, haha.

Also, the only two matches I didn't play were the ones in which you faced Heihachi. That was my brother. :p

You landed great combos with Devil Jin. He had me pretty impressed. I also didn't know Armor King had a Poison Mist as well. Nice when you pulled that off.
Great matches anyway. Looking forward to more.

Sayah

Many people apparently also do not know this but I would hope all of you use the L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons. You can go to controller options and set commands to those buttons. That way you don't have to (for example) press Triangle and Square together and instead you can set those two buttons to one of the back triggers. Makes combos a whole lot easier to do once you're adjusted to the setup.

Sayah

I had around 6-7 rages unlocked but I lost all my data. WAS RAGING b/c it was hundreds of hours of gameplay. All my customizations went with it too.

Sayah said:
Many people apparently also do not know this but I would hope all of you use the L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons. You can go to controller options and set commands to those buttons. That way you don't have to (for example) press Triangle and Square together and instead you can set those two buttons to one of the back triggers. Makes combos a whole lot easier to do once you're adjusted to the setup.

I prefer hitting triangle+square, but stuff like square+circle and triangle+X I map to the shoulder buttons.

Doomshine

mr_boo said:
I know about Tekken Zaibatsu - I was too lazy to create an account and figured I try my luck here..
I don't have an account either, you don't need one just to read. All character forums should have a sticky thread for combos.
Sayah said:
I don't use the shoulder buttons at all, I just buffer the commands. Say I need to hit 1+2 with Wang after I've carried them to the wall with b+2,1,1+2, I just keep holding 1 and input 2 when I get to the wall. For Bryan's taunt at the wall I hold 1+4 and hit 3, let go of 3, 4 and keep holding 1 so I can do 1+2, 2. (I suck at doing f+2,1,4.)

I don't think it's wrong to map to stuff to shoulder buttons, I just prefer doing it this way.

mr_boo

Flying Wonkey said:
You mean going face down and doing the wake up low kick?

You can juggle of that if it lifts them in the air, I follow it up with crouching df+2,1,4 into phoenix stance.
Nope - not referring to the wake up low kick, I've got that one covered just like you suggested. I'm more so talking about his ground stance (d1+2 and d3+4) sweeps (3). Yesterday, I had a few online successes with d3+4, 3, df1+2 into TGR 3. Not the most damaging but with the way I spam the df1+2, I usually end up TGR anyways.

Doomshine said:
I don't have an account either, you don't need one just to read. All character forums should have a sticky thread for combos.
Fair enough.

AAK

Sayah said:

I Don't want to get too conditioned to using them... TTT2 is on the horizon and you're gonna need to allocate one of them for the tag function ;)

Besides, I started to play on stick last year and I've gotten relatively used to it by now.

AAK said:
I Don't want to get too conditioned to using them... TTT2 is on the horizon and you're gonna need to allocate one of them for the tag function ;)

Besides, I started to play on stick last year and I've gotten relatively used to it by now.

I've only got a T5 stick with a pelican adaptor, but been playing pad for years... I want to transition over badly but I have no reason why I havent yet... might be a good time to do so.

AAK

Since it's EVO weekend MarkMan might post up some more juicy deals for them TE sticks? We'll all be on the lookout ;)

But I personally like the Hori sticks more. :p

And if I remember correctly, before T5:DR, button mapping used to be banned in tournament. The logic was that since you only had to press one button for 1+2 you got an unfair advantage over your opponent since you could breakt the 1+2 grabs easier than the people that practiced and could only play at the arcades..... but times have changed and arcades don't exist anymore!

Shoulder buttons boo....

.... I only had them on beause I needed to mash them when I was doing some of King's long throw sequence THATS ALL.

Anyways I really have to get used to the TAG button. Tekken Hybrid will be perfect to do it with TTT1 and 2 demo so urgh it needs to get here faster, the wait till November is killing me.

Oh and is anyone else getting a back to Sony exclusivity here from Murray? I'm not sure how to take it If the Xbox 360 guys miss out on the fun.

http://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/96599196102164480

Doomshine

I'm not ruling out that TTT2: Prologue and even TTT HD might be exclusive to PS3, since the package is on bluray with the movie, but I would be surprised if TTT2 itself was a PS3 exclusive.

EDIT: I was writing under the assumption that you meant TTT2, apologies if you meant Hybrid all along.

... Well its just the thought that If Prologue is only on the PS3, then I at least expect it to be on par with the arcade version in visual quality. There shouldn't be a major hit to resolution like in 6. :V

AAK

I wouldnt expect it. TTT2 arcade runs on more powerful hardware than T6. But I dont care, as long as there are no frame drops and such, Ill take whatever i can.

As for parity, we can only hope :(

AAK said:
I wouldnt expect it. TTT2 arcade runs on more powerful hardware than T6. But I dont care, as long as there are no frame drops and such, Ill take whatever i can.

As for parity, we can only hope :(
Ah, I assumed it was a System 357 game. Specwise I guess current home consoles can't compete. Interested to see how Prologue runs. It'll be a definite litmus test.

AAK

Yeah, its using Namco arcade system 369. I begged Castel at TZ.com to ask Harada about console performance at EVO. He never got back to me, but lets see what happens.

Time to flood his inbox? :p

And bleh I forgot that revision. Well If I'm going by history iirc; system 246 (PS2 based) to 256 (Ps2 slim based) Then I'm guessing 369 got more RAM, lower eletrical use and security updates (Homebrew fear?). Guess I'll have to wait for when TTT2 arcade and Hybrid releases to get passed speculation though.

zlatko

Banned
Figured I'd try fishing in here, but I'm looking to buy a used copy of the game. Offering $7.00 PayPal gift for a 360 version. It's around 8 dollars on Amazon used, but I'd like to give a Gaffer the money instead. ;)

Doomshine

^Easily the highlight of Evo for me, I could not stop laughing. They should try to get Kayo to commentate for finals as well. I know she's out of AE and T6, but she's till going to be there for day 3 as well, right?

Sayah

I love Tekken but the EVO finals were the most boring thing imaginable. It's just mad OCD sidestepping and non-stop Bob. Seriously, my most hated character in the game. Him and Baek need to die. There's 40 characters in the game and all we see is Bob's ruling the tournament. Where's all the skilled players at?

AAK

It might have been boring for the average person to behold, but seeing all the mind games at work and the skills in spacing, execution, was top notch. It is just a coincidence that the players who spend the most time in US on this game use Bob.

Sayah

AAK said:
It might have been boring for the average person to behold, but seeing all the mind games at work and the skills in spacing, execution, was top notch. It is just a coincidence that the players who spend the most time in US on this game use Bob.

I think style matters a lot in fighters and Tekken is one of the most (if not the most) stylish fighter out there. Considering that, the finals were pretty meh being ridden with the same characters and lacking any sort of variety. Then again, I didn't watch earlier brackets so I may have missed out on a lot. I was just waiting for the finals since I was expecting best for last but that really wasn't the case.

Sayah

Also, I do believe Harada asked the crowd for the "console" release of TTT2. Everyone booo'ed when he said early next year and everyone cheered when he said "this" year. Not sure if that's confirmation but I want my hands on TTT2 ASAP. Game looks incredible and seems to have the best stages and song themes in Tekken's history. Generally, the console versions get a few new characters and some extra modes (usually Tekken Force-esque modes) but I would be fine getting the arcade version as it is. As long they don't abuse the game later with DLC (something which Tekken stands out for not having done), I'll be fine.

On another unrelated note, Anna is confirmed to NOT make an appearance in SFXT. "What an utter disappointment." Was looking forward to making teams composed of Anna and Poison and Anna and Nina.

AAK

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I also missed the Saturday stream and unfortunately it won't be archived or uploaded anywhere because they plan to release all the footage in a DVD.

But still, when I see players such as them master the intricacies and movement of the game to such an extent and play completely safe with utmost caution, I was floored by what I saw. Specifically if you watched Crow vs KOR, every sidestep, every backdash cancel, every punisher was carried out to near perfection. I was not disappointed. All of those players have been using those respective characters since they started playing Tekken 6 and they all deserved to be in the top 8 despite the constant character choice.

And these are as many vids as I could come accross:

Tekken 6 qualifiers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDdXpz6QxwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIiFWQEO6IY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz6rVU4Ud2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyFR_DXKOI4

Tekken 6 Top 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFPh05Rvy8A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92JdTm7Cfv0

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 5v5 exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRbl4vkegBc

EDIT: As for the chant at the end for releasing it this year, it was definitely for arcades and definitely something done to motivate the team back home IMO.

Jesus hell incredible play from the folks in Top 8. Seems like they own the top roost again. >.>

And no combo breakers, i'm glad. The Tag Crash is an addition I'd welcome. :)

Doomshine

Unfortunately the top players in the US happen to play mostly the same characters, but it was still great to watch.

If all your Tekken spectating experience is US tournaments it's easy to think that it's a boring game with no hype that is all about the same characters. We need like a Tekken Crash thread or something lol, that show has hype, character variety and top notch play.

Just started using stick... I'm not as bad as I was expecting but I gotta learn to be comfy with movement on my stick... though I'm using a T5 stick.

Any tips on my transition from pad to stick? Still 50/50 on if I'll switch my Tekken play to stick or stay pad, but I want to get use to stick so I can use it on Capcom fighters.

AAK

I'll be honest, I didn't have a very smooth transition... and I still have some difficulty doing a lot of commands that were easier on pad, but how I learned was by simple practice.

I took characters with really simple notations like Lili and just practiced moves again and again until I got comfortable with it. I choce Lili because her moveset was pretty much limited to d/b+4, d/f+3, d/f+3+4, d+3, etc. It just took me long to get comfortable with inputting commands on the stick especially for inputting d/b when you are on the left side of the screen. Was always conflicted on whether to push that way with my thumb (which was more accurate but my reactions with it were really slow that is needed for crouch dashing characters that I play) or pull with all 4 fingers which was fast and easy and didn't put a lot of stress on one phalange, but man I'm still so inaccurate with it. So yeah man, just practice :)

And what a tournament season we're having. I know a lot of people were very dissatisfied with the character diversity @ EVO, but the MasterCup 5v5 tournament in Japan (biggest Tekken tournament in Japan) is about to finish and the semi finals are uploaded :eek:

Semi final one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcfYf8N-1FU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHsR5-VQB8c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QJFLU1OkBI

Semi Final two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABct2pJY8Cw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFgflWgmgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI-qXVcjg3g

Damn those asian nations are beastly

Top Bottom