• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

GafMaddenFranchise.jpg

WHAT: Madden 2010 on the PRAYSTASHUN TRIPLE
WHEN: TBA, but shortly after release.

Commish: Jtrizzy
Co-Commish(s) – Nightz, gregor7777

Teams:

AFC East
1. Patriots Corran Horn-Corran
2. Dolphins Mbmonk-mbmonk
3. Bills Gregor7777-gregor_7777
4. Jets Union Carbine-UnionCarbine

AFC West
1. Raiders Cartridge Blower-Cartridge Blower
2. Chargers Mr Blonde-SuperEliteCool
3. Chiefs Edgeward-Edgeward34
4. Broncos Gloomfire-Thegloomypickle

AFC North
1. Steelers Dynamic3-Dynamic3
2. Bengals Koruptdata
3. Browns mikey-Clown Prince
4. Ravens GQman2121

AFC South
1. Titans Azwethinkweiz
2. Colts Classic_Gs-gscottforthewin
3. Jaguars Afrikan or Kryptonic
4. Texans Miguel-mmolinajr

NFC East
1. Cowboys Syckx-One Heero
2. Giants lawbob
3. Eagles Jtrizzy-Jtrizzy
4. Redskins Johnny_Park-Johnny_Park

NFC West
1. Seahawks TheyCallMeMoney-WebWarrior925
2. 49ers SMOKE
3. Rams flunkie-flunkie44
4. Cardinals BJScott05-bjscott05

NFC North
1. Lions Captain N-Captain_N
2. Bears dskillzhtown-dskillzhtown
3. Packers OJdaKiller-OJdaKiller
4. Vikings Shurs-Shurs

NFC South
1. Falcons Nightz-N1ghtz
2. Buccaneers Thomasbk
3. Panthers Lion Heart-Assassin47
4. Saints Mittelos-Mittelos

Available Teams (08/23/09 11AM EST):

Jags

Rules and League Setup:
League Advance Times: Thursday at 2 am EST and Monday at 2 am EST. First week will have some leeway of course.
  • Skill Level: All-Pro
  • Clock: 9 minute quarters with a 15 second run off. As commish, I reserve the right to change this based how I see things going. Don't bitch if I change it.
  • Injuries/Weather/Fatigue: On. I hate weather and could be talked out of this one.
  • Trades: All trades will be monitored, which means one of three commishes must approve it. If a commish doesn't feel comfortable approving it by himself, the three of us will vote on it.
  • Free Agency/Waivers: Wait till week four, then it is based on team records for the first quarter of the season. That will help keep things competitive for teams with early injuries or for teams just not doing well for whatever reason. Nightz is the FA/Waiver wire Czar.
  • Rocket Catching: Manual WR control is absolutely banned under all circumstances.
  • 4th down: Fake punts are allowed at any time, but no going for it on your own side of the field in the first 3 quarters unless you are down 21+ points in the third. I also reserve the right to adjust this as I see fit.
  • Decline all holding calls on Field Goals and Extra Points. This is a bug in the game(totally pathetic that this got through QA), so do not accept penalties. If you do so accidentally, then just get 2 quick off sides penalties to set the ball back to its proper spot.
  • Nanos: No manual blitzing with LB's or CB's. You can take control of a defensive lineman and rush the QB, that's fine.
  • No-Shows/Unable to play: If your opponent doesn't show, the obvious first thing you want to do is check and see if I'm on PSN. If I'm not, PM me here. From there, I kick the opponent, and you play the CPU on All-Pro. If you are going out of town or know that you will be unable to play for any period of time, contact me ASAP so we can keep this thing rolling along. If I have to go out of town or have something come up, I will transfer control to Nightz or Gregor.
  • Learn how to fully use the replay creation and export feature, this will help if people have greivances to settle. Be mindful of the fact that I cannot change the result of any game retroactively. If someone is cheesing, I have no problem with posting links to replays here.
Who is the greatest man to ever walk an NFL sideline?

Marv Levy. These are facts:

• He coached Montreal to three CFL Grey Cup appearances and two championships, and won the Annis Stukus Trophy (Coach of the Year) in 1974.
  • He likely has had sexual relations with your wife or significant other, on several occasions.
  • He coached the Chiefs for five seasons with steady improvement each year, but was fired midway through the 1982 season with a 3–6 record. This was not Marv's fault.
  • From 1964 to 1987, Marv Levy held the world record for the Bench Press at 745lbs.
  • From 1988 through 1997, the Bills were first in the AFC in winning percentage and second only to the San Francisco 49ers in the NFL. Levy, the winningest coach in Bills’ history, recorded a 112–70 regular season record and was 11–8 in the playoffs during his eleven seasons with the Bills.
  • He once went over 6 months eating nothing but raw dolphin meat
  • He was named NFL Coach of the Year in 1988 and AFC Coach of the Year in 1988, 1993, and 1995.
  • Super Bowl victories are irrelevant

More league details coming, and thanks again to Jtrizzy for stepping up.

mbmonk

OP is awesome... But what is up with this Marve Levy jerkoff section? :)

My PNS handle is 'mbmonk' all lowercase. I don't know if PSN is case sensitive so 'Mbmonk' might work as well.

Edgeward

Got the game saturday even though I had super free shipping from amazon. Lucky me! Even though I should familiarize the Chiefs playbook, I can't tear myself away from playing the Niners franchise. :lol And now looking forward to avenging my loss to the Rams. >_<

Jtrizzy

Things are going great, thanks to everyone who has signed up. PSN id's are not case sensitive mbmonk.

I'm going to start setting things up over the next few days. A lot of you guys are already on my friends list, but if you aren't keep an eye out for the invite. I'm still waiting for the cable company to send out a technician to my new apartment, as of right now I'm stealing a shit connection. They will be out some time this week as soon as possible according to the lady on the phone, they are backed up as a result of this.

My roommate and I are also waiting on a 52 inch plasma:D but I won't let that get in the way.

Sweeeeet.

Nice job guys. I think everyone should at least add divisional opponents to their friends list, since thats six games. This should be really fun.

Oh and Jimmy Johnson > Perv Levy

thomasbk

I'm still the 32nd team! don't have a preference for any of the remaining ones :p

Will probably get the game at the end of the week.

PSN id: TBKkiller

Jtrizzy

I like the banner, but it'd be even funnier with Vick in an Eagles uniform.

Oh I wanted to ask you guys something. Would a 768k connection work with online gaming? The price difference between that and 1.5 mpbs is double for me, but I have to decide this in the next day or so before the installation guys come out.

SMOKE

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Nice. Very pumped for this. Gonna be a lot of fun!

Silver and Black are taking the AFC West this year, virtually and on the field!

:lol

Better hope and pray I dont get in:D

SMOKE

Banned
Afrikan hasnt been in the threads since he *cough* (took them) *cough* I mean called them after i did.

Let me know whats up trizzy, my PSN is SmokeCapone.

I think I maybe coming down with something:lol

Nightz

Cool, just 1 spot remaining for either the Bucs or Bengals since thomasbk gets the last team. Can't wait to get this thing started!

Jtrizzy

I'm 99% sure Afrikan replied to me when I sent out PM's last night, but I had to delete them as my box was full. I was under the impression that you two were going to play for the niners, but that was going to be the only "challenge" type of situation we were going to allow.

Again, does anyone know if you can do online gaming with a 768k dsl connection? The 1.5mbps is double the price for me. I don't know much about speeds etc, but I don't want to get the cheaper version and have it suck.

Dynamic3

I'm so pumped for this.

Please no communist rules like in the 360 league though. I personally don't try and convert 4th downs but if people wanna go for it every time then let them, that's why we play video games. They will get give up more 6s than gain 1st downs eventually. /rant

Edit: we do need to institute some rules to dissuade people who become unclinchable from dumping their players and to keep these same people playing until wk. 16. eg. no trades after wk. 12 and final rankings determine the team pick order for next years franchise.

Shurs

Dynamic3 said:
I'm so pumped for this.

Please no communist rules like in the 360 league though. I personally don't try and convert 4th downs but if people wanna go for it every time then let them, that's why we play video games. They will get give up more 6s than gain 1st downs eventually. /rant

I thought the "communist" rules are why we play in the GAF league rather than with randoms. I don't want to play against cheesers and asshats who always go for it on 4th down.

Jtrizzy

It's not going to be a communist league, but people shouldn't be going for it on 4th in unrealistic situations...that kind of shit ruins it for me. I'm thinking of something along the lines of no going for it on 4th on your side of the field in the 3 quarters regardless.

Unless you are down 14+ in the 4th quarter, you shouldn't be going for it imo.

Dynamic3

Shurs said:
I thought the "communist" rules are why we play in the GAF league rather than with randoms. I don't want to play against cheesers and asshats who always go for it on 4th down.

The idealogy behind my theory is that this type of behavior may work for a drive or two, but far more often than not it is going to blow up in their face, otherwise NFL teams would be doing it too.

Shurs

Dynamic3 said:
Edit: we do need to institute some rules to dissuade people who become unclinchable from dumping their players and to keep these same people playing until wk. 16. eg. no trades after wk. 12 and final rankings determine the team pick order for next years franchise.

We keep our teams next (franchise) season. Why would anyone dump their talent if they're not going to make the playoffs for the first season? It would ruin their subsequent seasons as well.

Shurs

Dynamic3 said:
The idealogy behind my theory is that this type of behavior may work for a drive or two, but far more often than not it is going to blow up in their face, otherwise NFL teams would be doing it too.

Video games are notorious for glitches. This is why you'll run into people running the same formation over and over again.

SMOKE

Banned
Well if he wants to then we can battle it out:D

I am very good, my pub record is very unsettling:lol

BRING IT ON AFRIKAN!!!!

Dynamic3

Shurs said:
We keep our teams next (franchise) season. Why would anyone dump their talent if they're not going to make the playoffs for the first season? It would ruin their subsequent seasons as well.

Well that would solve it too, I don't see that in the OP though (could have missed it). The only problem with that is how do you account for the disparity in trades/signings in real life versus Madden? Are we going to have to retrade all of the players once M11 hits or do we just start fresh?

Shurs said:
Video games are notorious for glitches. This is why you'll run into people running the same formation over and over again.

Running 4 plays instead of 3 isn't a glitch, it's human choice.

Shurs

Dynamic3 said:
Well that would solve it too, I don't see that in the OP though (could have missed it). The only problem with that is how do you account for the disparity in trades/signings in real life versus Madden? Are we going to have to retrade all of the players once M11 hits or do we just start fresh?

We're playing Franchise Mode, not Season mode. We'll be playing multiple seasons in Madden 10, with rosters carrying over, just like when you play offline franchise.

Dynamic3 said:
Running 4 plays instead of 3 isn't a glitch, it's human choice.

Right. But in real life 10 out of 11 players aren't controlled by AI. I think that most people who play online enough run into people who have found exploits, I'd like to avoid that bullshit here. Do you think the 360 commish just decided to make up arbitrary rules to be a dick?

I don't think some "gentleman's" rules are out of the question. It's not up to you, it's not up to me, I think we, as a league, should talk about it and decide.

Jtrizzy

gregor7777[B said:
WHAT:[/B] Madden 2010 on the PRAYSTASHUN TRIPLE
WHEN: TBA, but shortly after release.

Commish: Jtrizzy
Co-Commish(s) – Nightz, gregor7777

Teams:

AFC East
1. Patriots Corran Horn-Corran code
2. Dolphins Mbmonk-mbmonk
3. Bills Gregor7777-gregor_7777 code
4. Jets Union Carbine-UnionCarbine code

AFC West
1. Raiders Cartridge Blower-Cartridge Blower code
2. Chargers Mr Blonde-SuperEliteCool code
3. Chiefs Edgeward-Edgeward34 code
4. Broncos Gloomfire-Thegloomypickle code

AFC North
1. Steelers Dynamic3-Dynamic3
2. Bengals
3. Browns mikey-Clown Prince
4. Ravens GQman2121 code

AFC South
1. Titans Azwethinkweiz code and PSN
2. Colts Classic_Gs-gscottforthewin code
3. Jaguars Miguel-mmolinajr code
4. Texans Bumblebeetuna sent friend invite to this name but need code activated

NFC East
1. Cowboys Syckx-One Heero code
2. Giants lawbob code
3. Eagles Jtrizzy-Jtrizzy
4. Redskins Johnny_Park-Johnny_Park code

NFC West
1. Seahawks TheyCallMeMoney-WebWarrior925
2. 49ers Afrikan-Afrikan code
3. Rams flunkie-flunkie44 code
4. Cardinals BJScott05-bjscott05 code

NFC North
1. Lions Captain N-Captain_N code
2. Bears dskillzhtown-dskillzhtown code
3. Packers OJdaKiller-OJdaKiller code
4. Vikings Shurs-Shurs

NFC South
1. Falcons Nightz-N1ghtz
2. Buccaneers
3. Panthers Lion Heart-Assasin47 code
4. Saints Mittelos-Mittelos

Available Teams (08/17/09 11PM EST):

Bengals
Bucs

More league details coming, and thanks again to Jtrizzy for stepping up.

Looks like we are now full! Koruptdata gets the bengals and Thomasbk gets the Bucs

Ok here is the latest. I have sent out friend requests to all of you except one or two who I don't have PSN id's for yet. Greggor if you could just update the last few teams that have now been taken for the OP.

The main thing is that most of the league hasn't activated the franchise code on the back of the manual. I can't send out invites till ya'll do that. I sent out friend requests to everyone who hasn't activated, with a reminder to do so. However, if you got an invite to the franchise but are not on my friends list, just shoot me a friend request. If your name says code on the master list above, you need to activate. If not, your invite went through. The password is sports

Hopefully I should be done setting up the league in the next few days, which means that we need to come to an agreement on rules. Gregor, Nightz, and I might want to do a chat on PSN or AOL and from there we will see if you guys have any major objections.

Nightz

I think we got all the spots filled. KoruptData took the Bengals and thomasbk will take the Bucs.

Edit: beaten lol

Afrikan

Jtrizzy said:
I'm 99% sure Afrikan replied to me when I sent out PM's last night, but I had to delete them as my box was full. I was under the impression that you two were going to play for the niners, but that was going to be the only "challenge" type of situation we were going to allow.

Again, does anyone know if you can do online gaming with a 768k dsl connection? The 1.5mbps is double the price for me. I don't know much about speeds etc, but I don't want to get the cheaper version and have it suck.

I'll still play Smoke and whoever for the 49ers...I believe there is like 4 of us out there...we can have a mini tourny for the team.

So it is me, Smoke.....who else?

edit-

SMOKE said:
Afrikan hasnt been in the threads since he *cough* (took them) *cough* I mean called them after i did.

Let me know whats up trizzy, my PSN is SmokeCapone.

I think I maybe coming down with something:lol

cough cough....huh.... you must be coming down with that Alex Smith.

:D

Dynamic3

Shurs said:
We're playing Franchise Mode, not Season mode. We'll be playing multiple seasons in Madden 10, with rosters carrying over, just like when you play offline franchise.

Right. But in real life 10 out of 11 players aren't controlled by AI. I think that most people who play online enough run into people who have found exploits, I'd like to avoid that bullshit here. Do you think the 360 commish just decided to make up arbitrary rules to be a dick?

I don't think some "gentleman's" rules are out of the question. It's not up to you, it's not up to me, I think we, as a league, should talk about it and decide.

Again, you would be using the same plays on a 1st 2nd or 3rd down as you would on a 4th. So if you if you could use an exploit on 4th down, you could use that same exploit on 1st 2nd or 3rd down.

Why do you think the real NFL doesn't have this "gentleman's" rule?

Specific plays are a completely different ballgame, which I agree with you on.

Top Bottom