• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

SMOKE

Banned
Well I contacted shurs thru PSN and no reply yet so if he doesnt reply then I will play the CPU I hope. But with my luck I would lose to them today, seems like I cant get my game going smoothly as I would like:lol

Madden has this thing thats been an issue for years when dumb shit goes right for my opponent no matter what. I just cant seem to get any breaks today.

thomasbk

We havent moved to week 4 yet?
I kinda had to play my game tonight but im not sure if johnny_park will be able to, and we havent moved to week 4 anyway...

Ill try to be home tomorrow night for a couple of hours for our game... but i will definetly wont be able to play saturday or sunday.

thomasbk

Maybe I shouldnt have played tonight!
Lost the game and los my QB for 5 weeks :S

Thanks for playing tonight johnny_park! good game!

You played a good game also. When you returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown I thought I was going to be in for a long game. I had to try and keep a 2 score lead because my defense wasn't playing to well.

mbmonk

Nightz, I am not going to get my game in with Greggor this week. I am out of town and Greggor hasn't responded to my messages.

Just so you know :)

SMOKE

Banned
:D Well, I had fun playing the CPU:D

I rather play a human opponent but hey, oh well, im finally in a fucking GAF league after all these years of lurking and waiting:lol

thomasbk

I just played the redskins on week 4, so i dont think you can play against johnny park until the league advances to week 5 after the weekend.

mbmonk

Gregor, I will not be back until Monday night est time. I will contact you on Monday if the league hasn't moved forwad. Sorry.

Kintaco

Damn, my 9 month old got a hold of my PS3 controller and it appears his drool might have gotten into the circuit board as it doesn't charge or light up at all. I'll be out until I can get a replacement controller for a decent price.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He referred to Romo as "homo" in the NFL thread and told him to go chase Ru Paul

thomasbk

I just played my game against jtrizzy ... and i kinda broke the rules on a play :S

He was 4th and goal at my 1 yard line, and i chose an all out blitz on a goal line formation and selected my safety to make him blitz too and jtrizzy hiked the ball before i could switch to a lineman (I know its against the rules to blitz manually with DBs and LBs), so once he hiked i just went with it and tacked his QB before he handed the ball to the RB (or maybe it was play action, but i tackled him instantly).

Once i got the ball I made like a 25 yard punt to make up for it, but I know its not the same to have a 1st and 10 at the 25 yard line than a 4th and 1 at the 1.

So, sorry Jtrizzy, and good game!

Is lawblob still in the league? I thought he dropped out. Says he has the Giants and that's my opponent. Anyone know if he's still around? I'll PM him.

Nightz

CartridgeBlower said:
Is lawblob still in the league? I thought he dropped out. Says he has the Giants and that's my opponent. Anyone know if he's still around? I'll PM him.
Yup, lawblob is out. Kintaco has the Giants. Unfortunately, he's having some controller issues (see a few posts up) and is out for a bit. I'll boot him from the league and you can play the CPU in the meantime.

Kintaco, when you get your controller issue sorted out, let me know and I'll send you an invite back into the league.

Nightz said:
Yup, lawblob is out. Kintaco has the Giants. Unfortunately, he's having some controller issues (see a few posts up) and is out for a bit. I'll boot him from the league and you can play the CPU in the meantime.

Kintaco, when you get your controller issue sorted out, let me know and I'll send you an invite back into the league.

Thanks for keeping things going. I know a lot of people have bailed, but I'm still having fun. Hope the others are, too. It'll be cool when the playoffs come around and everyone is a real opponent again.

Bahhh, please remove the clock acceleratiion...or at least reduce it. I cant utilize smith at all. On one play I threw for a pick 6 because of this. I also get in these situations where I'm jamming on X to hike it and end up throwing it away instead.

witness

Is it possible to get invited into the league during the season? I finally just got this game and I want to play against some non cheesers online.

Nightz

witness said:
Is it possible to get invited into the league during the season? I finally just got this game and I want to play against some non cheesers online.
Yup, we have spots open in the league. I can let you know which teams are open later when I get home from work.

As for the clock acceleration, you'll have to bring up those concerns with Jtrizzy. He's still the commish of the league. I'm just handling things until he gets unbanned.

Nightz

witness, the following teams are open:

Ravens
Jaguars
Texans
Broncos
Packers
Bears
Lions
Saints
Rams

For everyone else, league is advancing tonight.

witness

Alright cool I'll take the Saints, can I get an invite? Or is it non password protected? I would just search for GAF league but i guess the franchise servers are down atm it seems.

Nightz

witness said:
Alright cool I'll take the Saints, can I get an invite? Or is it non password protected? I would just search for GAF league but i guess the franchise servers are down atm it seems.
There's no password so you should be able to join. If you have any problems, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Edgeward

Good game, johnny_park. Really appreciate you being able to get the game done so early. That strong winds messed up quite a few passes today. But, it did help in the 55 yd FG to put me up 3 scores even though I was almost sure it would hit the right upright. :lol

PM'ed Jtrizzy through PSN and he hasn't responded. This was late Friday. Can't get a hold of him through GAF either since he's banned. Anyone know how to get in touch with him so we can schedule our game?

Kinda pissed at Jtrizzy. I was up 7 in the third and he went for it on 4th down in the third quarter on his own side of the field. He ends up getting it, scoring on the drive, and then took the lead on the next possession. I was battling lag the whole game, threw like 6 picks, but had all the momentum at this point. Definitely changed the game.

Funny he writes the rules and then breaks them. Whole reason to play in this league was to avoid this stuff. Real lame.

gregor7777 said:
Rules and League Setup:
League Advance Times: Thursday at 2 am EST and Monday at 2 am EST. First week will have some leeway of course.
  • Skill Level: All-Pro
  • Clock: 9 minute quarters with a 15 second run off. As commish, I reserve the right to change this based how I see things going. Don't bitch if I change it.
  • Injuries/Weather/Fatigue: On. I hate weather and could be talked out of this one.
  • Trades: All trades will be monitored, which means one of three commishes must approve it. If a commish doesn't feel comfortable approving it by himself, the three of us will vote on it.
  • Free Agency/Waivers: Wait till week four, then it is based on team records for the first quarter of the season. That will help keep things competitive for teams with early injuries or for teams just not doing well for whatever reason. Nightz is the FA/Waiver wire Czar.
  • Rocket Catching: Manual WR control is absolutely banned under all circumstances.
  • 4th down: Fake punts are allowed at any time, but no going for it on your own side of the field in the first 3 quarters unless you are down 21+ points in the third. I also reserve the right to adjust this as I see fit.
  • Decline all holding calls on Field Goals and Extra Points. This is a bug in the game(totally pathetic that this got through QA), so do not accept penalties. If you do so accidentally, then just get 2 quick off sides penalties to set the ball back to its proper spot.
  • Nanos: No manual blitzing with LB's or CB's. You can take control of a defensive lineman and rush the QB, that's fine.
  • No-Shows/Unable to play: If your opponent doesn't show, the obvious first thing you want to do is check and see if I'm on PSN. If I'm not, PM me here. From there, I kick the opponent, and you play the CPU on All-Pro. If you are going out of town or know that you will be unable to play for any period of time, contact me ASAP so we can keep this thing rolling along. If I have to go out of town or have something come up, I will transfer control to Nightz or Gregor.

• It's right there in the rules. I saved the replay. But I guess he 'adjusted the rules as he saw fit.'

Whatever. This league was falling apart anyway.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
there shouldnt be 4th down rules. people should know when its ok. honestly it seems like it wasnt that bad by your description. but since he made the rules he killed himself!

CB3 said:
4th down rules are a trap

It's just funny because he was the one who put that rule in and then breaks it the first chance he got. Rule may be kind of limiting, but again, better to make it too strict then too lenient and have everyone going for it on 4th just like normal ranked games.

I kinda thought that was the point...

thomasbk

The main reason the 360 league kills the ps3 one is because it is actually being played!

Not even 5 games were played this week i think!

Edgeward

Is Mr Blonde (SuperEliteCool) still around? I pm'd him on psn sunday night and he hasn't been on since last week it tells me. =\

I don't really know what to do with this. I've had two opponents that have responded. I don't want to play my games against the CPU, so, yeah...

Kinda sucks.

gregor7777 said:
I don't really know what to do with this. I've had two opponents that have responded. I don't want to play my games against the CPU, so, yeah...

Kinda sucks.

I think me and you are net, are you down to play?

I'll PM you this as well.

thomasbk

I hadn't checked the league since last wednesday since I had my bye week... and I just saw that it hasnt advanced since my last game! That sucks!

So is dead or what??

Nightz

Sorry fellas, I got caught up in some stuff and didn't have access to my PS3 for a while. Honestly I'm not sure how much I want to continue with this thing. I was just supposed to take over while Jtrizzy was banned from GAF, but even he left the franchise. Also, there were only 3 games played for week 7, which is very discouraging. I appreciate those who tried to keep this thing alive, but there's just too much inactivity in this league. So with that said, I've decided to opt out of the league. Now to be fair to the guys who still want to continue, I can pass the league ownership to one of you. Just let me know within the next day or so.

Edit: I did advance the week in case any of you wanted to play week 8.

Top Bottom