• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

I was smacking my friend 16-0 and on the ensuing extra point, he was being a poor sport and kept encroaching over and over. After maybe 4-5 times (not exactly sure), the game kicked him and gave me the win...!!!!

Edgeward

Oh, it's nice to see there are safeguards like that. lol

*sigh* I guess I won't be able to complete week 2. I'll try and see if Raiders guy is on but if not, sorry y'all.

Edgeward

Man, I don't even know how you made some of those plays, it was driving me nuts. The 60+ Zach Miller play almost made me rage with how shitty I was on D. And the dropped ints were ridiculous. Luckily, Hali got the int that proved to be the crucial moment in the 28-21 win with a 55+ yard return for a TD.

Good game, sir.

Edit: Oh yea, forgot I had the other int. Whew, that was another close one.

Yeah, that INT I threw in your endzone, and then the other one where I got hit as I threw that turned into a pick 6 were killers. I blow a TD, it's always going to kill me later. So little room for error with the Raiders. Good play calling on your part, though, for sure.

That wideout screen you got 40+ yards out of also really hurt me. I think it was on third down on your own 12. Don't know how Cassel got a couple of those threw my defenders, though. Didn't even get a deflection off of one of them that looked like it went right through my guy. Would have liked to have had a couple of those.

Great game, though, and a lot of fun! Keep the games coming!

Edgeward

The screen was on a 2nd and 17 after a sack. The other one you're talking about, that was a mistake. I didn't even mean to hit the TE on that play and when I saw the two guys near him I went "oh fuck, that's an int!"

Boy, was I glad none of them didn't even touch it and it went straight to my TE. :D

It seems like no one who had a long play had the breakout speed to get in the endzone except Tamba Hali. wtf :lol

SMOKE

Banned
johnny_park said:
The iPhone app is out now.

So I guess us BB users are screwed then?!

Anyways fellas, I will be back and available monday noon pst. so if anyone has any game(s) with me then hit me up:D

mbmonk

Classic_GS, I haven't heard from you to confirm the game time tonight ( 7pm your time, 10pm mine). Is that good?

mbmonk

Classis_GS, I am going to wait another 5 minutes and then I am gone. Maybe sometime tomorrow. The ball is in your court to setup the time for tomorrow.

Nightz

So the deadline is tonight and only 2 games have been played...

I know that some of you guys are trying hard to schedule your games, I appreciate it. What about the rest? If you guys could post a status, it would be great.

Cigol

Classic_Gs said:
I saw your message, and you stated you were available that night. I wasn't and didn't hear from you again. So....
You didn't reply to tell me you were or were not available either before or after the fact. I'm not a mind reader and since the last communication was from me (with a question no less) I'd expect a reply before I create another message. Don't forget I'd already gone through the hassle of having to play the colts' imposter and having stayed up in the hopes of catching you. The onus was on you to contact me, not the other way around.

SMOKE

Banned
Yo fellas I am back ad ready to get down to business:D

Do I need and invite to get back in or do I just search for the league and enter from there?

Nightz

SMOKE said:
Yo fellas I am back ad ready to get down to business:D

Do I need and invite to get back in or do I just search for the league and enter from there?
Pretty sure you can just search for it. If not, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

I thought we had until tonight to play week 2 games. I was out of town all weekend and didn't even get back until last night.

Also, who's playing the titans in week 3? Let's schedule us a time to play.

thomasbk

Azwethinkweiz said:
I thought we had until tonight to play week 2 games. I was out of town all weekend and didn't even get back until last night.

Also, who's playing the titans in week 3? Let's schedule us a time to play.

Nop...
You have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to play one game
and Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to play the other.

lawbob is out of the franchise and no one else has the Giants right?

SMOKE

Banned
Nightz said:
Pretty sure you can just search for it. If not, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Searched and and said I was banned, looks like you're gonna have to send me that good ole invite my madden buddy:D

But anyways time to take over my division.

Nightz

thomasbk said:
So how many games were actually played in week 2?
I believe it was a whopping 5.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah I should clear that up. Jtrizzy has always posted it as Monday 2 am EST and Thursday 2 am EST. I would just say Wednesday night and Sunday night to avoid confusion.

SMOKE said:
Searched and and said I was banned, looks like you're gonna have to send me that good ole invite my madden buddy
Invite sent.

mbmonk

Week 3 it is. Maybe I can actually get a game this week. I need to get the bad taste of that loss to Nightz out of my mouth :)

MR. Blonde I PM'ed you about our game. :)

Just sent "thegloomypickle" a message about our game.

What happens if I don't hear back, though? Do I just play the computer say tomorrow night if he hasn't responded? What are the guidelines for that since so many people don't seem to be taking it that seriously?

thanks, gg. those fumbles were killer, and quite stupid (LT doesn't fumble twice in the same game, Sproles isn't one to cough up the ball either).

thomasbk

I think the OP should be updated with the teams/users.
I thought I played against the CPU cause lawbob had dropped out, but I went in to play the game and saw that Kintaco had the Giants...

Im sending a PM to Kintaco now to see if we can play tomorrow night.
.. but if you're around Gregor, you can help us out updating the OP if its possible!

mbmonk

Mr. Blonde said:
thanks, gg. those fumbles were killer, and quite stupid (LT doesn't fumble twice in the same game, Sproles isn't one to cough up the ball either).

It was one of those games where the computer already decided that I was going to win. The 2 fumbles AND the kickoff return for a TD. It seemed a little cheesey to me. I kept waiting for the game to start giving you some breaks in return. Have my guy fumble once or twice, but it never happened.

Aight, my opponent isn't responding to my PMs over GAF or PSN. How does this work? I don't want the game to be simulated and him get the win. Seems a little unfair, especially when I've been keeping up from week to week with real opponents. Does he get kicked for the week so I can play the computer? I think that's what Jtrizzy originally said.

Nightz

CartridgeBlower said:
Aight, my opponent isn't responding to my PMs over GAF or PSN. How does this work? I don't want the game to be simulated and him get the win. Seems a little unfair, especially when I've been keeping up from week to week with real opponents. Does he get kicked for the week so I can play the computer? I think that's what Jtrizzy originally said.
I don't think he's even played a game yet, nor has he posted in this thread since the league started. I'll boot him. If he still wants to play, he can re-join.

Edgeward

Dammit, Jtrizzy getting banned has made it hard to contact him. I pm'd him yesterday only to find out he hasn't been on for 43 hours so far, so he hasn't even checked it yet.

Nightz said:
I don't think he's even played a game yet, nor has he posted in this thread since the league started. I'll boot him. If he still wants to play, he can re-join.

Yeah, that's the feeling I was getting. If I hop on right now will I just play the CPU? Haven't done this before when another player has bailed.

Nightz

CartridgeBlower said:
Yeah, that's the feeling I was getting. If I hop on right now will I just play the CPU? Haven't done this before when another player has bailed.
Yup, you'll play the CPU.

Edgeward

Is there a way to delay the advancement of week 4 to tomorrow night? Jtrizzy got back to me and told me he can play but tomorrow at 7 pst.

Nightz

Well I fell asleep last night and didn't have a chance to advance the league lol. So I guess we can wait until you guys finish your game.

SMOKE

Banned
Has anyone heard from SHURS?

I PM'd him and I am now contacting him thru PSN but havent heard anything yet, but if he does show up on anyones friends list, can you guys tell him an ass whooping is wating for courtesy of Pwillis and friends.:D

Thanks you.

thomasbk

So what time are we going into week 4?
Im going to be away all weekend, so i need to get my week 4 game tonight.

As long as we advance by midnight eastern, I have no problem.

Not to be an ass but we really need to stick to a strict deadline. If they didn't play their game too bad. It's not fair to the rest of us who are getting are games in on time.

Kintaco

johnny_park said:
Not to be an ass but we really need to stick to a strict deadline. If they didn't play their game too bad. It's not fair to the rest of us who are getting are games in on time.
I agree, I was forced to skip a game because me and my opponent had scheduling issues, there shouldn't be special exceptions for anyone.

Nightz

Even commissioners are human, my friends. I was dead tired yesterday and fell asleep so I couldn't advance the league. I have some errands to run after work and I won't be home until past 7 PST, so they'll have a chance to get their game in. I agree that it's not fair for everyone, so we'll try to keep the exceptions to a minimum.

The league will advance tonight around 8 pm PST.

Top Bottom