• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I love playing random fuckers online>_<

I was beating someone and the quit screen came up and asked if I would accept the quit...I chose "yes" cause the player I was playing was only using one player and I didnt want to continue playing him.

I checked and my rep was at 100% before we played,I check now and its 90%,10% bad rep and the reason,get this "Communications "Trash Talk".....I dont even have a working mic :| :lol Did I trash talk the fucker with my mind?

f-ing annoying.

DMczaf

Matrix said:

I was beating someone and the quit screen came up and asked if I would accept the quit...I chose "yes" cause the player I was playing was only using one player and I didnt want to continue playing him.

I checked and my rep was at 100% before we played,I check now and its 90%,10% bad rep and the reason,get this "Communications "Trash Talk".....I dont even have a working mic :| :lol Did I trash talk the fucker with my mind?

f-ing annoying.

:lol Thats one reason why I dont play random people in sports games.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:

f-ing annoying.

That's why I hardly play online. The first few days after 360, it was a bunch of pricks on there, now i've played a couple of cool people in a row :eek: Try not to wear yourself thin playing random games now. You'll be crying near the end of this upcoming season. Play something else!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
played this sex for a game at a gamestop and I am hooked... I loved the way it looks... I heard that live looks better than this?? i have to play that to see.. I will have mine on tuesday or weds... like I said before Jazz are mine.. unless CP is in and he wants them...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malleymal said:
played this sex for a game at a gamestop and I am hooked... I loved the way it looks... I heard that live looks better than this?? i have to play that to see.. I will have mine on tuesday or weds... like I said before Jazz are mine.. unless CP is in and he wants them...

Live has the better arenas/crowd/sideline/lighting and some of the faces on certain players look better,but overall I think in 2k6 the player models look a hell of a lot better and animate smoother.When 2k6 goes into replay mode with the sweat dripping all over their bodies...words cant describe.... :eek: ok thats enough :eek:

Overall the animation of the players in 2k6 just put Lives to shame,which makes me prefer 2k6's graphics more than Lives.

Fifty

Fuck it! I'm using the Raptors! For real this time...I'm going down with the ship!!

Bosh and Charlie can do it! The return of Jalen Rose? I think so. Along with Lil' Mo Pete and Mike James this team has serious scoring ability. Watch out folks, cuz you're about to get served, purple dinosaur style.

My only complaints about the way this team plays is Bosh has virtually no mid range game in 2K6, while in real life he's very good at knocking down that shot and can almost go out to the 3 point line and knock them down. Charlie's shooting is also very unrealistic...he can't hit a 3 for the life of him and he's very capable in reality. It's quite a shame.

jobber

Fifty said:
Charlie's shooting is also very unrealistic...he can't hit a 3 for the life of him and he's very capable in reality. It's quite a shame.

I don't think anyone's 3 point rating is below 50.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
My only complaints about the way this team plays is Bosh has virtually no mid range game in 2K6, while in real life he's very good at knocking down that shot and can almost go out to the 3 point line and knock them down. Charlie's shooting is also very unrealistic...he can't hit a 3 for the life of him and he's very capable in reality. It's quite a shame.

Yeah the midrange on some of the big men is pretty bad. Big Z is pretty useless when shooting. And there is this one layup animation that he seems to always miss. Sucks that it seems the be the animation most likely to appear too.

I want everyone to know going into this league that it seems harder to stop a player one on one with this version of the game. Even when in the defensive stance the offensive player seems to be able to just slide off the defender to the hoop. At least it seemed like that when I was playing Kobex over the weekend.
I did notice that the passing game is a bit quicker though. I've had much more success with swinging the ball on offense and getting open shots.

And.... Lebron is even better in this version. :D All bow to the KING!!

Small note: If someone plays with the Sonics I will let Ray shoot whatever he wants. Ray is the real king, you should all know that.

I'm gay for Ray. :)

Fifty

Charlie V's 3 rating is 50 :( Fifty gets stuck with a fifty. Oh well, at least Bosh can hit 3's :lol I may not win a lot of games, but I'm not going to get blown out!

jobber

Z lit me up for 25 on a offline game(double double before the half) and Hughes dropped 30. Z couldn't hit mid range shots but if he post up and does a turn around jumper, it went in. He's also a beast on rebounds. I did shut down Bron with Bowen. LJ scored a amazing 2 points. Spurs won by 4.

I think I'm past the adjustment point which the newcomers are still in, but to say I'm not playing my best basketball is a understatment. My last online game I was up 30 at one point and ended up winning by 9.

i played a franchise game to get some achievement points against the sonics and it was bullshit! their whole fucking team was shooting lights out. i think the difficulty was on all-star though, not hall of fame. anyways i lost 109-104, both teams shot about 60%.

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i played a franchise game to get some achievement points against the sonics and it was bullshit! their whole fucking team was shooting lights out. i think the difficulty was on all-star though, not hall of fame. anyways i lost 109-104, both teams shot about 60%.

You know....you could just do a fantasy draft game on rookie settings and do it that way

edit!!!

I did the triple double and the 50 point one on my franchise on like my 2nd game. I got the triple-double with Manu and the 50 with Bowen.

Fifty

I hope you had it on rookie. Anyway, the achievements are a flat out joke. Just play on rookie with 10 minute qtrs and get them all in one game. If they wanted real achievements they could have ones like "win 10 online games" "win a championship in season mode" I don't mind it too much since I have enough real achievements to get in other games, but I wish they'd spend a few minutes thinking up good ones in the future.

jobber

Fifty said:
Bruce Bowen scoring 50 on HOF? Whatever cheese you used, please don't use it in the league. :lol

Cheese? It was quite easy. I didn't even play it out that way. Lets see if I can lay it out the way it went. I was trying to dump the ball to Duncan, but every time he touched the ball, he got doubled, so I kicked it out to Manu, who swung it to a wide open Bowen behind the arc. Bruce has 15 points at the end of the 1st. I think Bowen hit 7 3s total. It was no cheese. The CPU thought he wasn't much of a threat so they kept leaving him open until he got past the 26 point mark.

Cloudy

Banned
Is there anyone else who has the game but isn't signed in? Bish? Bebpo? I'm trying to figure the divisions out :p

There'll be four 3 team divisions...

PS: If you're not signed in yet post your FINAL team in here...

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
Is there anyone else who has the game but isn't signed in? Bish? Bebpo? I'm trying to figure the divisions out :p

There'll be four 3 team divisions...

PS: If you're not signed in yet post your FINAL team in here...

Seattle.

Fifty

We seem to be at a bit of a standstill now...Is that because everyone is busy and it's the holidays or are we simply waiting for the remaining few? I know Malley will be signed in today, and that'll leave us with 3 to go (to get 12) Bish still hasn't posted here or signed in despite my reminder, so I'm wondering if he's still interested. Anyway, I'm eager to start losing.

Smokey

Is this league full? I had 2k6 on Xbox but sold my system to pick up a 360. I LOVE 2K6 and I've been desperate to find a league. I tried starting one at IGN but people just wouldn't play and that pissed me off so we had to quit that. If it is open please please, let me join I've been dying to join a NBA season and play with reliable players. I just got my 360 on SAT and I should be able to get 2k6 by next Thursday, although I have a feeling it may be too late by then. Oh well I'll give it a shot anyways.

If it matters my GT = TheEnd12

Zep

Banned
I got my system today and its warming up at the moment. I gotta head up to GameCrazy and get my 2k6 for $40. I'll log in later tonight.

jobber

DSC00955.jpg

welp I'm ready...are you?

edit: I was doing that on HoF settings and 6 minute quarters vs. the Hornets :)

Matrix

jobber said:
DSC00955.jpg

welp I'm ready...are you?

edit: I was doing that on HoF settings and 6 minute quarters vs. the Hornets :)

I wouldnt be proud of that,it makes the computer ai look sad :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I will shut TP down , Now I just need to decide what team I will use to do that...... hmm...

Pistons... Nuggets.... or Wolves...

fellas lets get this show on the road!

malley if you aren't going to use the jazz i think CP will play in the league.

plus you and the zeppster will sign in so that will give us 10 total (plus CP if he plays = 11), now we need at least one more.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
fellas lets get this show on the road!

malley if you aren't going to use the jazz i think CP will play in the league.

plus you and the zeppster will sign in so that will give us 10 total (plus CP if he plays = 11), now we need at least one more.

Damn if i had money to buy this id be in like Sin. Im no where as good in BBall games as i am in Madden, but i think playing a league would still be fun. Maybe i get a surprise during christmas and end up with this. If i do, count me in. But thats a longshot

pffft you aren't as good as this as you are in madden... i guess that means you suck nuts at this game cause i stomped you in madden time and again buddy!!

i kid... i kid!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pffft you aren't as good as this as you are in madden... i guess that means you suck nuts at this game cause i stomped you in madden time and again buddy!!

SF_PHI.0512_DH.jpg

All day long baby!

SF_PHI.0258_DH.jpg

one of the players in those pictures will never play in an eagles uniform again, and the other will never perform at a probowl level in an eagles uniform again. see if you can guess which is which!!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
one of the players in those pictures will never play in an eagles uniform again, and the other will never perform at a probowl level in an eagles uniform again. see if you can guess which is which!!

Considering who made the Pro-Bowl In The NFL This year, McNabb would have been the 2nd QB behind Hasslebeck. And that was with an injury. Next year when he is healthy, he is a shoe in for QB. Reggie Brown will be the #2WR, with a free agent coming in to be the first WR. With the BWestbrook/Ryan Moats combination in the backfield and the emerging presence of LJ Smtih, Eagles Will be back as NFC Champs Next Year, You can take that to the bank. And dont worry, as Eagles will most likely be playing the 9ers in San Fran next season so you can see the ownage 2 years in a row

So where will the 9ers be? Dead last in the NFC West Again

TO Who?

Actually TO is still my boy, wherever he ends up next year.

(This concludes the NFL invasion of the NBA Thread. Sorry :lol )

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I first put this game in and was thinking... ok this is a bit better than the xbox version graphic wise... then I played with the settings and wetn from 480 p to 1080 wide screen... this is the best looking video game I have ever seen... it looks like when I watch the nba in HD... I am signing in now.. just trying to pick the right team... In with Pacers

Fifty

Unless you've talked to Bish I don't think he's playing. He hasn't been on XBL (unless he has a new gamertag) and he hasn't responded here

Tabs

I had originally signed up in Konex's other thread as the Magic. I'll still play if you guy need that spot filled. I've been busy with site work, and I'm leaving town today for the holidays. But, I'm still looking forward to this league.

Cloudy

Banned
Go ahead and join, Trav. FMT can increase the league size if anyone else wants in. As long as you'll have time to play your games (4 day intervals and you can play ahead if you want since the sched is flexible) :p

I'll sign into the league when I get home from shopping this afternoon.

I really need some practice. I was playing on Pro and thought I was the shit. Then I put it on Hall of Fame and got raped. Gameplay seems really solid. Hopefully they can get the arenas looking as good as the models for next years version. The moving jerseys are really impressive. Btw, wtf happened to 2K's presentation? It used to be so nice... The menus and everything are freakin ugly now.

Matrix

Is it true if you type in the word Kobe on the cheat screen you get his new sneakers in the game? :lol Have you tried this Konex?

Matrix

When the league is about to start im sure Fmt will want everyone to post their aim names here.Usually we use AIM and this board to set dates to play and to talk about the league.

Fifty

I'd like to use snail mail to communicate with my opponents. If Konex could tell me who I have in week one so I could mail the first letter I'd really appreciate it.

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, I found a nice program to generate the sched. I'll enter it in when FMT generates the default one and gives me admin access :p

I made 3 divisions but if more folks want in before we start, I can edit it easily..

Div1
Bulls
Cavs
Pacers
Magic

Div2
Celtics
Raps
Lakers
Clippers

Div3
Sonics
Jazz
Rockets
Spurs

PS: Fifty, you play Matrix first :D

Matrix

Fifty and I had a classic game lastnight with me beating the Raptors with a lucky 3 at the buzzer with Alston.

I'm so glad this game is improved,Fifty is no cake walk using that team now.Then again I did miss 10 fts....Fuck I will never get better at them :(

I expect a great game with Fifty once the league starts...cant wait :D

Zep

Banned
whos my first opponent? I'm gonna log in the league around 11pm est tonight...got some buisness to handle.

Top Bottom