• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
I'll be good for several games after NBA action tonight :)

I'm free to play tonight,I'll hit you up on aim later.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i only see 9 people signed in so far.

konex/fifty, i have given you guys administrative rights.

over yours truly?!?!

the defending champion!?

this will not be forgotten........

*makes a beat by 50 point list*

*checks it twice*

i recall beating you down with the goldenstate warriors in the xbox season. plan to get more of the same

p.s. there can only be a triforce of commissioners, no such thing as a quad-force

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i recall beating you down with the goldenstate warriors in the xbox season. plan to get more of the same

p.s. there can only be a triforce of commissioners, no such thing as a quad-force

you jobbed in the playoffs!

oh wait!

I really need to go for the kill early but then I feel bad about beating people beyond the rules of NBA ball :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cerebral Palsy said:
If Malley really wants to Jazz I guess I could take the Bucks. I would be happy with the Bogut.

Bucks have Redd and Ford,add in the aussie and thats a great team to use.

hgplayer1

ummm i just happened to check this thread for the first time. do you guys need another player? Ill join up but I think I pretty much suck at the game. I only ever play it when my cousin comes over.

Matrix

Id rather HG play than Bob who has bashed the sport of basketball and bball videogames every chance he gets :lol

Then again the bigger the league the better,hopefully you can get in HG.

Matrix

Seems so.

Unless FMT decides to make the league again to get a couple more people in,the league is ready to have the schedule generated by Konex.

Zep

Banned
I was whipping ass with the Sonics last night...

I swear this game is so goddamn smooth, the dunks have been improved a ton...get ready to for the dynamic 3-some of Vlad-Ray-Lewis

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
updated to 14 teams. sign in with whoever you like hg

Bets on if all 14 teams play all their games?

Question: Since this is like the XB season, can I play teams out of order? If so, it's a wrap you the other 13 teams :lol

jobber

it's quite a few people from GAF that have this game but not in this season including Kruza from the XB season and Sto0ge. So if we need a extra scrub team we can ask one of them!

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stooge was in season 1? news to me

why isn't kruza playing? did dsal ever get his 360?

No Sto0ge wasn't in season 1 but he has the game! I haven't seen Kruza post in a while.

that one more needs to be a conference between me, you and fifty (the 3 commishes!). CP's friend is getting the game, he is registered here at GA. do we let him in? obviously if kruza or another long-time forum member wants in they will get the nod, but CP's friend is online all the time as well.

p.s. sorry if bumping it up to 14 screwed up your schedule konex, i forgot to take that into consideration

Cloudy

Banned
Not a problem, my man. It's a schedule generateor and all I have to do is re-enter the conferences and number of teams :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
konichiwa bitches! Grabbed the last spot for myself :) Like i said before my 2K skills arnt up to par with my madden ones but ill do my best. Gonna grab the game tomorrow, but i rented it before so im familiar with the game already.

kevingarnettpoundschest3wf.jpg

alright, but dont disappear for the entire day and not show up on AIM or gaf! i want to get the league started as soon as possible. infact, i will enter the matchups if you upload the schedule or the generator or whatever to me. your choice though

Cloudy

Banned
Working on it right now since I'm off tomorrow. I'm generating the default now but I'll bump when the actual sched is ready...

jobber

o_O

I hope this schedule isn't final. As of now I have 20 away games. San Antonio fans should see their championship team more than 10 times! I can't overcome this problem :(

Fifty

Yeah, I guess Konex should stress that people shouldn't be playing games now with this current schedule. Hopefully he will bump this thread tomorrow and have the real schedule up, but people shouldn't be playing games even though they can now, right?

Cloudy

Banned
What Fifty said. It's a bit tricky with 14 teams so I have to move some stuff around. I will bump when it's done...

FYI, the divisions are:

Div 1:
Milwaukee Bucks
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Boston Celtics
Miami Heat

Div 2:
Washington Wizards
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Clippers
Seattle Sonics

Div3:
Houston Rockets
San Antonio Spurs
Memphis Grizzlies
Denver Nuggets
Minnesota Timberwolves

jobber

Cloudy said:
Remember to set your rotations in "lineup" and also see if you have any trade offers :p

I wouldn't trust the CPU to sub. I was playing a pickup game vs. the Sonics and the CPU sub Horry in for Rasho like a minute in the game plus had Brent at PG, Finley at SG, and Van Exel at SF. WTF. That's the opposite of what I set up for my bench players.

Warning: If that crap happens in a leauge game, I'm adjusting.

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
I wouldn't trust the CPU to sub. I was playing a pickup game vs. the Sonics and the CPU sub Horry in for Rasho like a minute in the game plus had Brent at PG, Finley at SG, and Van Exel at SF. WTF. That's the opposite of what I set up for my bench players.

Warning: If that crap happens in a leauge game, I'm adjusting.

yea, i had to take advantage of that ;) but that was some dumb shit w/ an exel at sf

AkaBalla

I need some aim screen names to play some league games... Ill be off work @ 3 pm est if anyone wants to hit me up. Aim = ronn4180................ I only got Konex and French Mov on my list...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
MY AIM is Mr. Blac.k NJ remove the dots....

also.. how do you set rotations?? are u talking about certain lineups.. like 3 pt line ups and all.. or do u set who subs for who at what situations??

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah you can set all that on the league site. You have to do it online once first though..

PS: I sent out several trade offers...

AkaBalla

I forgot to mention but i already told Konex that when you go into your subs screen during the game and click the r trigger or bumper to switch from starters to bench to 3 point lineup ie. quick subs the game will freeze on both ends. It's happened to me too much lately in other leagues. I would suggest subbing 1 by 1 so this doesnt become an issue.

AkaBalla

Done, Have a few ?'s about the schedule.. I know it must be alot of work but i got 17 away games and 15 home.. Also my conference opponets schedule :

Bucks 5 games
Bulls: 5 games
Cavs: 4 games
Heat: 4 games

(Shouldnt they be even?)

As for other conferences

Wizards: 2 games
Clips: 2 games
Sonics: 3 games
Spurs: 3 games
Nuggets: 2 games
Twolves: 2 games

I dont play the Rockets and Grizzlies and the Lakers (hmm wonder why) (hint? 3-0 so far vs ya... :lol )..

aka we used a schedule generator. my apologies for the little mistakes and so on here and there, but it was incredibly difficult scheduling for a 14 team league.

AkaBalla

Ok fellas im home from work now...... Free to play whenever...

I got some players i'd like to throw on the block as well

SG: Tony Allen 75
SF: Ryan Gomes 73
SF: Justin Reed 64
PF: Brian Scalabrini 73
C: Mark Blount 78
C: Curtis Borchardt 73

Also willing to deal others not listed here for the right price. I'm looking for a Shot blocking Center to replace Blount but will want at least 3 Centers on my roster for depth purposes. So we can upgrade at one position and then Downgrade.. Hit me up if interested

Matrix

If anyone still needs my aim name for this league its "adoubledg"

btw how come on the website it says "No Scheduled Games" for my team? :\

Fifty

There's an important rule/topic of discussion FMT posted on the league page but some people might overlook it

"7. If a player has been injuried during a game and is out for an exteneded period of time you must place him on your reserve list. In order to do this you need to manage your lineups on the 360 by going to the league menu then to League Desk. From there you will see a manage lineups menu. Thats where you will have to sub the injuried player into the reserve role. You can't do it on the website though

There's a problem with injuries where the player injuried doesnt lose any rating points and is able to play at full strength.

Also dont forget to post your injured player so i can edit the game duration. We may also need to keep track of the amount of games left on the injury's. The website is deleting the injuried players for some reason after 1 game. So we will try our best to enforce the necessary time your player is injuried even though the website doesnt have them down as injured. (credit to akaballa for this system) "

This really stinks, I don't know why they can't do this right....but to maintain the sim-ness of the league it's worth doing

Top Bottom