• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

AkaBalla

Well it could be because the flex schedule is on. Whow knows. But when the player is highlighted in yellow no ratings points drop. Example i has was Ginobli had a broken finger and was highlighted in yellow with a broken finger out for 9 games. Since we play a 16 week/game season i edited it to 3 games (divided by 3) But before i figured out the flaw he hit 5-7 from 3 with a broken finger. Which is not realistic at all.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
wtf@ the injury rules

This has been going on since 2K5 on Xbox but no one really took the injury thing this serious because all the league games are under online exhibition game rules. That's why you have to setup your playbooks, coach settings, ect. every game.

I rather play teams at full strength so it'll be fair at least. If someone like Bron gets hurt for 40 games on the opening tipoff of the first game, it's a wrap for the Cavs.

Zep

Banned
Yea fuck that injury BS...if the injury is serious enough then they should be forced to sit the game, but over an extended period of time wont be pretty especailly if I lose ray-ray

jobber

I'm ready to get my first game out the way. I'll be waiting in the lobby for the next 30 minutes.. First come first gets served.

AkaBalla

jobber said:
I'm ready to get my first game out the way. I'll be waiting in the lobby for the next 30 minutes.. First come first gets served.

GG Jobber.... Killed me in the first half with the inside.. the 2-3 wasn't working.. Had to make some adjustments... Good luck

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jesus christ the refs calling a foul like that at the end of the game Jobber...ugh.GG anyway,I choked the lead away :(

I also loved the amount of wide open threes I missed,god the rockets suck except for T-mac.Yao is worthless in the paint when the box zone is used and the Spurs are just insane on D inside...you had some blocks that made me feel small.

jobber

Matrix said:
Jesus christ the refs calling a foul like that at the end of the game Jobber...ugh.GG anyway,I choked the lead away :(

I also loved the amount of wide open threes I missed,god the rockets suck except for T-mac.Yao is worthless in the paint when the box zone is used and the Spurs are just insane on D inside...you had some blocks that made me feel small.

You didn't choke away the lead as much as me being stupid. I had my offline camera angle going on the 1st half. I couldn't see the entire court which I guess is why I threw crappy passes.

Once I was able to see the whole court again with the default camera, it was like a breath of fresh air.

Honestly 1/2 way in the 2nd, I felt like throwing the game and letting you waltz away!

GaimeGuy to you too!

i always like how jobber has a convenient excuse as to why he was getting beat or got beat :lol it's never the opponent, but always his apathy towards that game or some other circumstance. from now on im going to call you the 2001 rams, cause no one can beat you, you can only beat yourself :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
You didn't choke away the lead as much as me being stupid. I had my offline camera angle going on the 1st half. I couldn't see the entire court which I guess is why I threw crappy passes.

Once I was able to see the whole court again with the default camera, it was like a breath of fresh air.

Honestly 1/2 way in the 2nd, I felt like throwing the game and letting you waltz away!

GaimeGuy to you too!

I was wondering why you were messing with the camera so much,was like Jobber must be having a spaz attack.

I'm having some issues with my subbing.I think im going to do it manually from now on,wasted too many timeouts trying to get players I wanted back on the court and I wanted to do it without having to pause on you.I didnt want Sura in at all but they kept on throwing him in over alston and they never put in Head.I even set my rosters and shit before we played.They also had Yao out for like the whole 3rd quarter,not that he was doing much but wtf :\ They also took out T-mac at one point and subbed Howard in for him :|

AkaBalla

Well im down to run 1-2 more.. But dont want to face the Spurs, Clips or the Sonics. Ill wait a bit for rematches... Ill be in the lobby till 9:20 est

Fifty

Matrix said:
I was wondering why you were messing with the camera so much,was like Jobber must be having a spaz attack.

I'm having some issues with my subbing.I think im going to do it manually from now on,wasted too many timeouts trying to get players I wanted back on the court and I wanted to do it without having to pause on you.I didnt want Sura in at all but they kept on throwing him in over alston and they never put in Head.I even set my rosters and shit before we played.They also had Yao out for like the whole 3rd quarter,not that he was doing much but wtf :\ They also took out T-mac at one point and subbed Howard in for him :|

I wish you could have intelligent auto subs... like you'd choose the frequency which you wanted to play certain players. Even if Sura is a point higher than Alston, you could set it so Alston gets priority over him.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i always like how jobber has a convenient excuse as to why he was getting beat or got beat :lol it's never the opponent, but always his apathy towards that game or some other circumstance. from now on im going to call you the 2001 rams, cause no one can beat you, you can only beat yourself :D

:lol :lol

Its not like he steam rolled me in the 2nd half either,he got a lucky ass 4 pt play thanks to the refs and that put him right back in the game when I was up 9.I only lost by two and those two pts came courtesy of the payed off refs with them calling a foul on me with 1.3 seconds left and sending Jobber to the line for two freebies.I was out of timeouts so I couldnt inbound where I wanted to and I never got a shot off and the game ended :(

I do admit some of his passes in the first half had me wondering wtf he was doing cause they were like full court passes that always get picked off and I knew he was messing around with the camera,but he did turn the ball over a few times trying to run a pick and roll with Duncan and Parker.

I feel that he should have lost to me that game,but the refs <3 the Jobbster.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I wish you could have intelligent auto subs... like you'd choose the frequency which you wanted to play certain players. Even if Sura is a point higher than Alston, you could set it so Alston gets priority over him.

Yep I agree,god VC make it happen!

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Hey!

I'm no paper champ! All my timing was off til the camera was changed.

I'm use to the sideline cam from playing offline. I guess to see the details on the court. Playing the CPU is fine for it but online it's bad. I guess I had a bad habit for changing it every game. I was about to fold if I went down 15.

Matrix

I didnt even realize the game didnt put Derek Anderson in for me once :lol Im so over auto subs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Stupid Question but, are we playing our games in order or not. Just joined in yesterday so im a bit shakey on the rules.

Fifty

I can't put into my own words how angry at myself I am, so instead I will let someone else:

Heartbreaker, you got the best of me
But I just keep on coming back incessantly
Oh why, did you have to run your game on me
I should have known right from the start
You'd go and break my heart

Matrix

That game was like a heart attack and I ended up surviving it :eek:

Fifty had one too but died on the operating table.

Matrix

jobber said:
wtf is up with all the close games?

Who knows....makes for good basketball.

LIVE OR DIE BY A SHOT!

Matrix

Fifty said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Lost by 1 point to DM 97-96,choked a 14 pt lead away and then T-WACK ATTACK missed a layup at the buzzer!

I'm taking a break from this game for a few days,this is not good for my heath.

jobber

I'm getting that feeling back. Fuck the rules! I'm playing Duncan ball.

AkaBalla

jobber said:
I'm getting that feeling back. Fuck the rules! I'm playing Duncan ball.

What rule is that? Seemed like u were killing the paint in our game. Thats the only place u scored.. :lol

jobber

AkaBalla said:
What rule is that? Seemed like u were killing the paint in our game. Thats the only place u scored.. :lol

O RLY?

True but Horry was scoring all my points. Not Timmy nor anyone else for that matter.

I usually play inside outside ball if I can, but that game I couldn't hit crap til late in the 4th.

Parker is a slasher and if I did that, would that be going crazy with the PG?

Artical 1 of the "rulebook" states:
I'm not telling you how to run your team, however I would prefer not to see things like fast breaking on every missed shot, fast breaking on every play out of bounds, scoring 90% of your points in the paint, running around with your PG in a circle and driving to the paint, and so on.

I don't run around in circles or any of that but I do slash to the lane for either a lay up or kick out. So I pose this question to the 3 headed monsters errr comish, would that break the rules.
Ex, if I set up a pick and roll and I have a lane, can I do that?

AkaBalla

Definitly.. You dont run around in circles to dunk at all so ur not breaking that rule..... But Your first 12 points were all dunks in the post off the half court.. While i was in a 2-3 zone.. I know for a fact when u had 27 points in the game the stats came up and u had 26 points in the paint at that point. Not saying you werent posting people up. I stopped your pick n rolls with my steals. But you had many quick passe's underneath and Horry would just jam it. He was 4-5 at the half and they even showed the replays.. All dunks from Horry.. Which was funny to me. You slashed a bit with Parker also, I know thats his game but you cant score the majority of your points in the paint during your game. Unless i am confused here.. And thats allowed. All the other games so far have been Jumpers so thats what i expected in our game......

Hopefully there wont be any hard feelings about it..... But thats my point of view... I won the game anyhow...

there is no specific # in regards to point percentage in the paint, or you can't do this much paint play, etc. why would someone jack up long range shots if they're missing them all? i don't want that to happen. i will say that if someone is consistently driving to the hole on me, i'm going to do the same to them. if they're going to mix it up, then so will i. no harm no foul ladies :D

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is no specific # in regards to point percentage in the paint, or you can't do this much paint play, etc. why would someone jack up long range shots if they're missing them all? i don't want that to happen. i will say that if someone is consistently driving to the hole on me, i'm going to do the same to them. if they're going to mix it up, then so will i. no harm no foul ladies :D

That's what I wanted to hear!

IT'S GAME TIME WHHHHHHHOOOOOOO

edit: Reason I wasn't getting any jumpers is the Celtics game was his pressing D in the half court plus me trying those retarded Triangle Plays.

don't misunderstand jobber. you shouldn't have 90 points total, and 75 coming in the paint. i'm saying there is no set # (for now) but just play legit. and you know what im talking about

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
why would someone jack up long range shots if they're missing them all?

:lol :lol :lol You havent seen the T'Wolves Play. I must have missed the most wide the fuck open shots ever. And besides Wally No one can shoot a god damn 3

/Rant over

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't misunderstand jobber. you shouldn't have 90 points total, and 75 coming in the paint. i'm saying there is no set # (for now) but just play legit. and you know what im talking about

I know I know. I will slack off and throw up crazy shots if I'm up by 20. The first game vs. Denver I went up 15 in the second and they came back to take the lead. I had to go for the kill :(

Top Bottom