• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

9gyc5h.jpg

Alright, let's get this thing movin'....

Schedules:

Season One Human-Played Matchups

Season Two Human-Played Matchups
Season Three Human-Played Matchups
Season Four Human-Played Matchups
Season Five Human-Played Matchups

Current Week: Season Five, Off-Season

Past National Champions:

30j3335.jpg

Heisman Trophy Winners:

25sn0qp.jpg

Basic Rules:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.
2. Get your games in on time. If you know you're not going to be around for a game (or two, or ten) let me know and I'll put your team on autopilot (CPU-controlled) until you return.
3. Vets have priority in joining. If you're new and are serious about joining up, simply leave your name and gamertag in the thread and I'll add it to the waiting list.

Other Rules:

1. Games will be played at the All-American difficulty (with modified sliders) with six minute quarters.
2. In those games against the CPU where you're flat out dominating, you will be required to mass sub your second offensive and defensive teams into the game once you're leading by 35 points.
2a. To expand on this more, once you reach the 50 point mark, run the clock out on offense pre-snap and run clock killing plays until the game's over (no matter what quarter you're in). For games that still go past 60 and 70 points, I'll get in touch with the team owner first and issue a warning. If it happens again, the game (and any that follow breaking the rule) get thrown out and simmed for what basically amounts to excessively padding stats.
3. In weeks where there is more than one all-human matchup, there will be a 4 day window to play your games. In weeks where it's one or less, it'll be a 3 day window.
4. While I encourage everyone to post in the thread, a good portion of the members of this dynasty don't. For that reason, be sure to contact your opponents via PM or Xbox Live messaging in the situations where they don't.
5. All members will required to play at least four human controlled opponents in a season.
6.Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it anymore. It doesn't take that long to do, and was a slight hangup for a few of us during season one. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the Ready to Advance notice so we can move on.

Rules regarding coaching changes:

"From here on out, we will be using a point system for current users (and former for those who want to come back) for changing jobs since Online Dynasty doesn't offer the ability to. This is being used well by a number of other dynasties in other communities, and is a fair way to give both small and big-time schools a chance for advancement if they earn it.

For now, this will only be limited to people who want to change schools. If you guys wanna add an expanded version of this where you can get fired too, just let me know"

Regular Season Points:

(Wins x 2) - (Losses x 2) Eg. a record of (10-3) = 14 points
5 points for winning your conference
5 points for coach of the year award
5 points for going to a BCS bowl game
3 points for winning a bowl game (BCS or not)
1 point for beating a top 25 team
2 points for beating a user
-2 points for losing to a user

Here are the "prices" of moving to a new school. You "spend" the points you have accumulated and keep what is leftover.

Based on star caliber, losses, and ranking.

2 ** = 20 pts
3 *** = 30 points
4 **** = 50 points
5 ***** = 80 points
6 ****** = 120 points

Penalties for moving to schools with good records:

Loss > 3 = No penalty
Loss = 3 = 10 points

Loss = 2 = 20 points
Loss = 1 = 40 points
Loss = 0 = 80 points
Nat'l Champs = 120 Points

Penalty for going to a school in the Top 25

Top 10 school = 15 points
Top 11-25 School = 5 points

List of Players: (FIVE SLOTS OPEN!)

GAF Name - GamerTag - Team - Time Zone

GCQuinton - Wsv771 - Navy Midshipmen - EST
dammitmattt - dammitmattt - Auburn Tigers* - CST
TheCrow - KamikazePIPBoy - Illinois Fighting Illini - CST
Andowsky - Andowsky - North Texas Mean Green*
bluemax - BlueMaxMB - USC Trojans
BigAT - BigAT4 - Syracuse Orangemen
Birdman02 - Birdman1702 - Oregon Ducks

Season 5 Waiting List (for now this will be based upon your actual participation in the thread or a vet vouching for you):

*Currently banned (Contact directly through XBL to schedule your games)

BirdBomb

Banned
ill take florida please and ill go independent. what does that mean exactly, no conference? could i then play more than 4 human players?

the poll and title game sound cool. what if the top 2 gaffers meet in the title bowl game though in the actual dynasty? i guess it could be skipped that season then. what if 3 guys finish undefeated? would we go by the games version of the top 2 or the 'coaches" poll of the 12 players? this should be pretty cool. too bad it looks like they dropped the ball so hard on madden leagues.

TheCrow

I just hope I make it in because I have been waiting for the dynasty for a while. No more vets, please :D .

Striker

I'll select RUTGERS as my final choice.

I think I'll also choose to be an Independent. Does this mean me and Bird will be matched up all the time, or if we choose to be? I am confused by that. :p

Cannot wait!

GCQuinton

For you guys requesting to play as independents, how long do you expect to stick with this dynasty? I don't wanna have someone leave after season one or two and be stuck with a team like Florida as an independent because it just looks off to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-FBS_independent_schools

And an independent team in the game is just what an independent team is in real life, a team without a conference (Western Kentucky, Notre Dame, Army, and Navy). Provided we can move teams around however we want, I'll just swap teams into those slots.

Since you don't have a conference alignment, you're free to schedule all 12 games however you want, human or non. I imagine it'd get a bit dull scheduling the same teams every season though. We'll have to wait until the game comes out so I can see exactly how that's gonna work, though.

And there's no way in hell I'm scheduling a ton of power teams in year one with Duke, so don't expect me to play you BirdBomb (oops Striker, my mistake) :lol

About the Splorgenborg GAF Bowl, if the two members play in the national title game we can go about that a few ways: 1. Have teams 3 and 4 play and just crown them as champ for that particular game or 2. Not play it that year like you said.

If a number of teams go undefeated, then yeah all of the polls (GAF poll included) in addition to the ol' "strength of schedule" will be taken into account.

Striker

I plan on staying in this Dynasty as you ladies do! I loved NCAA last year and this year sounds so much alike. I'm definitely keeping it through Madden.

EDIT:

Aww, c'mon :lol

First off, I'm not that great, and secondly, I'm Rutgers. I lost Ray Rice!

GCQuinton

bdoughty said:
So does that mean I have to pass the ball 50 times and run only 5 times? It is Texas Tech. :D

Yes, yes it does :lol

Seriously though, just use good judgment and play as realistic as possible with whatever system you run.

Striker

What did BirdBomb do to get banned? :lol

Have we gotten confirmation from the vets above they are for certain going to participate and be active?

I vote to keep Florida in the damn SEC. Why the hell would you take any team out of their conference?!?!?

Also, my name has three Ts, and there's a severe lack of Lonestar in this thread!!! Thanks for running this, GCQuinton. Make sure you put the Gamertags in the OP. Mine is the same as my user name.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Yes, yes it does :lol

Seriously though, just use good judgment and play as realistic as possible with whatever system you run.
The great thing about playing NCAA vs madden is almost anything goes for strategy on NCAA because there are option teams, spread teams, you can pick and choose. Many of these would be viewed as cheese on madden, but with NCAA it is legit. I just love that sometimes systems can beat talent.

I also think Florida should stay in the SEC. I cannot imagine them not being there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I'm in the PS3 one DMatt. I still haven't decided if I want to rent the 360 one or not. By the time I do, it'll be asshatty to come in and "kick someone" out. But I could be available when someone eventually drops, or a following season or something...maybe.

PS3 DAWWWWG

BTW, don't know if you went to see Thunder on the Mountain...it was meh.

Lonestar said:
Well, I'm in the PS3 one DMatt. I still haven't decided if I want to rent the 360 one or not. By the time I do, it'll be asshatty to come in and "kick someone" out. But I could be available when someone eventually drops, or a following season or something...maybe.

PS3 DAWWWWG

BTW, don't know if you went to see Thunder on the Mountain...it was meh.

You bastards are making me spend $240 on football games this year (unless Gamefly can ship me one in a timely manner).

I was actually in Baton Rouge, and their fireworks destroyed Thunder on the Mountain, which used to be good enough for me!

GCQuinton

dammitmattt said:
I vote to keep Florida in the damn SEC. Why the hell would you take any team out of their conference?!?!?

Also, my name has three Ts, and there's a severe lack of Lonestar in this thread!!! Thanks for running this, GCQuinton. Make sure you put the Gamertags in the OP. Mine is the same as my user name.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. On top of just looking weird, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting/anticipating a certain amount of dropoff over the course of this either, so I'd personally prefer to keep all the conferences as they are so everyone else doesn't have to live with it afterwards.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
From Bird: let people in the ncaa thread know i will have the game day 1 and my live name will be birdsiht if anyone needs to contact me, bans up august 5th. thx

daw840

I am Qbert420, since the roster in the thread title says ???

Can't wait, I will probably play this until you guys stop playing!

Striker

daw840 said:
I am Qbert420, since the roster in the thread title says ???

Can't wait, I will probably play this until you guys stop playing!
<3

I need to clean my FL off so I can add some of you turds.

My tag is Striker029, so if you get a request from me, accept it! And add me ASAP, if I don't soon enough!

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Has anyone seen this guys site yet. http://www.pastapadre.com/

Apparently he has screens and already has the rosters completed in his EA Locker so I would try to download the rosters from him and see if they are legit.

There's a thread on this in the main thread and yeah, they're legit. We should have rosters on day one now, so it'll definitely speed up things.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
Do we have a deadline when final team choices need to be made? I'm assuming sometime after the player list is finalized?

ASAP so we can start arranging the year one schedules.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
GCQuinton said:
ASAP so we can start arranging the year one schedules.
Set the deadline for Friday. We need to get this rolling immediately. If we sit back and procrastinate it will push back the start of the league. I know I'm not the only one, I would like the first season to be done by the time madden hits.

GCQuinton

vumpler said:
Set the deadline for Friday. We need to get this rolling immediately. If we sit back and procrastinate it will push back the start of the league. I know I'm not the only one, I would like the first season to be done by the time madden hits.

Trust me, it probably won't take nearly that long to get one season done. Keep in mind we'll be playing CPU games too (and less games overall as compared to Madden), so I'm assuming that should speed up the process a bit as you'll be playing those on your own time.

I'm going to start contacting some people on the waiting list/vets who haven't posted to see if they're still on board. Once I do that, we can start the scheduling process. Depending on how fast everyone gets the game, we might be able to start by that Friday-Saturday.

bobbydigital said:
GCQuinton are you really using Duke? If so change my team to Kent State and then we might have a close matchup.

Yeah, I am. When I said I intend to play this for a while I wasn't joking :lol . I'm basically starting from scratch, but I'll be able to run whatever system I want and recruit the type of players for it off the bat, as opposed to trying to make something fit. It'll be a few seasons, but I think I can do something with them and give 'em my own spin. You sure you want Kent State, though? Don't change your plans because of me.

GCQuinton said:
Yeah, I am. When I said I intend to play this for a while I wasn't joking :lol . I'm basically starting from scratch, but I'll be able to run whatever system I want and recruit the type of players for it off the bat, as opposed to trying to make something fit. It'll be a few seasons, but I think I can do something with them. You sure you want Kent State, though? Don't change your plans because of me.

Oh i'm not changing to them solely because of you, on the other board I was asking around to see if anyone was going to use a lower ranked team because i wanted to use Kent State. I use them every year and love their playbook so since i see there are some other people using teams in the 70s and low 80s i would prefer the challenge.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
If I get in I will definitely be Illinois.
Just so its clear I am KamikazePIPBoy.

I've gone ahead and added you to the list. As soon as I get confirmation from my PMs to pheeniks and Eric WK, we're full.

GCQuinton said:
I've gone ahead and added you to the list. As soon as I get confirmation from my PMs to pheeniks and Eric WK, we're full.

I IMed Eric WK earlier today to get on and check the new board so he should be getting back to you shortly.

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:

Nice, now I won't have to worry about a vet coming in and crushing my dreams :D. That will happen during the dynasty.

In response to the GAF bowl game, isn't there going to be a problem doing this after season 1 when everyone does there recruiting and rosters change. At the end of season 2 the team you played with and the default rosters to play and exhibition game will be completely different. Unless you can play exhibitions within the dynasty that do not count against the season records.

Just a thought if I'm missing something let me know

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
In response to the GAF bowl game, isn't there going to be a problem doing this after season 1 when everyone does there recruiting and rosters change. At the end of season 2 the team you played with and the default rosters to play and exhibition game will be completely different. Unless you can play exhibitions within the dynasty that do not count against the season records.

Just a thought if I'm missing something let me know

Good catch, I hadn't even thought of that. In that case, we won't be able to do a bowl game but can still crown a mythological champion based on the other stuff.

Striker

The roster stuff is still completely the same as an offline dynasty, right? So we can edit players' numbers, name, etc.? The name part sounds indifferent, since you have the roster sharing now.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
The roster stuff is still completely the same as an offline dynasty, right? So we can edit players' numbers, name, etc.? The name part sounds indifferent, since you have the roster sharing now.

Not sure about that one yet as the main file for everyone will be mine. We'll see next week. bdoughty had to drop earlier today, so we still need one more member to get to a full 12.

Also, how would you guys feel about me just doing everyone's schedules to move things along faster? With a full league, we should be able to have some sort of rotation so we all aren't playing the same people every season.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Not sure about that one yet as the main file for everyone will be mine. We'll see next week. bdoughty had to drop earlier today, so we still need one more member to get to a full 12.

Also, how would you guys feel about me just doing everyone's schedules to move things along faster? With a full league, we should be able to have some sort of rotation so we all aren't playing the same people every season.

If it helps move things along quicker I am all for it.

Just so everyone knows, this will be my first NCAA football game that I have ever played. I assume it is just like Madden regarding the controls, plays, and gameplay. However, I don't really know anything about the other parts of this "dynasty mode" as I have never done this. This being said, my first season I may get walked all over, but hopefully will be more of a contender in the subsequent seasons if I can figure out a good strategy. Is there anything real important that I will need to know before I start manipulating rosters, drafting, recruiting, etc?

Striker

GCQuinton said:

I like that.

Do we need two more independents?

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I like that.

Do we need two more independents?

If nobody wants to, they can stay as they are. Remember, that's something else we'll have to wait till next week to see if we can do, too. dammittmatt said it earlier, but I'd personally prefer to keep everyone where they are because of the unpredictability of people coming/leaving (not to mention it's already happening).

Striker

All I want is for the people who say they're going to play, be active, and stay committed. None of the run of the mill bullshit.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:

Sounds good to me.

GCQuinton said:

I say ok for the first season or two and then we can take another look at making our own schedules after we get a feel on how everything is going to work.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I say ok for the first season or two and then we can take another look at making our own schedules after we get a feel on how everything is going to work.

We've still got about a week to decide, so anyone else who hasn't voiced their opinion let me know. Since the commish is the only one that can customize non-conference schedules anyway, I figured it'd be best for the first season.

To expand on what I had in mind, since we'd have 12 teams I'd essentially be treating the non-conference schedule as the GAF conference and scheduling the human games like that. You guys would tell me how many human controlled games you wanna play that season (minimum 4, the max is 5) and I'd generate a non-conference schedule for each team like that.

I am just really confused right now. I kind of follow college football so I don't know super-specific things.

Just tell me who to play and I'll do it :lol

daw840

pheeniks said:
I am just really confused right now. I kind of follow college football so I don't know super-specific things.

Just tell me who to play and I'll do it :lol

This....

Top Bottom