• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I downloaded DT Linder's roster file this morning and haven't had any problems with it at all. I can go ahead and set the dynasty up today, but everyone wants to wait a day or two to get some practice games in let me know.

And anyone who hasn't sent me their games choices list (check my other posts for details), try and get that sent in if you wanna choose your games.
I'll send you a PM shortly.

BTW, did you guys send Thrilledge a friend request? I saw he bought it today, too. He has registered to GAF, but the activation may prohibit him from posting soon. I'll e-mail him and have him send me his list of people to play. I'm sure he and I will decide to play one another for season 1.

I'll have it tonight once I get home from work. Send out the online dynasty invites!

GCQuinton

Human-Played Game Matchups For Season One:

California Golden Bears:

Illinois
Duke
Colorado
Michigan

Kent State Golden Flashes:

Duke
Rutgers
Auburn
Illinois

Kansas Jayhawks:

Colorado
Texas
Florida
Rutgers
Michigan

Illinois Fighting Iliini:

California
Kent State
Florida
Auburn

Duke Blue Devils:

California
Kent State
Colorado
Auburn

Tennessee Volunteers:

Florida
Auburn
Texas
Rutgers
Michigan

Rutgers Scarlet Knights:

Kent State
Florida
Tennessee
Kansas

Colorado Buffaloes:

Texas
Kansas
Duke
California
Colorado

Auburn Tigers:

Tennessee
Colorado
Texas
Duke
Illinois

Florida Gators:

Tennessee
Kansas
Rutgers
Texas
Illinois

Texas Longhorns:

Colorado
Kansas
Tennessee
Florida
Auburn

Michigan Wolverines:

Tennessee
Kansas
Colorado
Illinois

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Good work.

Now we need to get down and dirty with these sliders. There are things that definitely need to be worked with.

GCQuinton

If everyone signs in and does their preseason stuff, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get started playing games in the next few days.

daw840

Where will the invite show up?

In the dashboard or in the game?

edit: If anyone wants to scrim, send me an invite.

GT = Qbert420

edit #2: Nevermind on the above questions, I found the invite :D

Striker

The invite is in-game, correct? I got the game and finally got home from work.

:D

Question, Mr. Commish!

Rutgers Scarlet Knights:

Kent State
Illinois
Duke
Colorado
Florida

Colorado Buffaloes:

Texas
Kansas
Duke
Auburn
Florida
So do we play?

GCQuinton

Striker said:
The invite is in-game, correct? I got the game and finally got home from work.

:D

Question, Mr. Commish!

So do we play?

I knew I was gonna miss something. When I put the schedules into the game tomorrow I'll let you know.

Striker

Hey, Thrilledge got his account activated quickly! Thanks admins ;)

The online set-up is slick. Really like it. Too bad I can't edit my players on my own. Hopefully in the off-season I can change their positions and what not. I don't mind my team's roster. Teel, Underwood, and Britt look real good.

Florida though... yeah, good luck with that. :(

HoTHiTTeR

cubanb said:
I was checking the "where'd you get it" thread on OS and searched for Sacramento. Someone posted that they got it in Sacramento and I pm'ed them. It was some mom and pop shop I never knew existed. They didnt give a shit about street dates:lol . and it was a dollar cheaper.

The game is loads of fun, but I have seen some of the issues such as shitty special teams coverage and very little pass rush.

I can't wait to start the season!

Hmm, i might know this same shop... lol :D What's the gamertag of person hosting the perfect rosters?

GCQuinton

One spot's open, but signups for season one are closed since I'm done with the schedules. If someone wants to join before we start, then I'll look at it and see. I can't guarantee how many human games they'll play, though.

Also, after putting the schedules into the game, a few things had to be changed. The first of which is me going back to my original plan to do everyone's schedules because this took a while. Check the post for the revised list. Everyone has the maximum amount of human games they can play. For cubanb, Cal only has three open non-conference spots, so those were all I could fill. Everyone else has 4-5 (five if someone else is in your conference/conference division) human opponents.

Righty10

If you wouldn't mind I would join if you still have an open spot. My Gamertag is Doubleb22.

I'd want to play as U of Michigan, so I can suck.

My Gamertag is Doubleb22.

GCQuinton

I just thought of this listening to vump and Bird in the lobby (had no idea we'd be able to do that, but it's cool :lol ), but I may have to put in some house rules on redshirting.

One of two types of players typically get redshirted: incoming freshman and, every now and then, an incoming JUCO transfer. I don't know if I can monitor this or not, but try to be realistic with that.

Waiting on dammitmattt and pheeniks to sign in and do their stuff, but otherwise we're good to go.

RightyB, you need to get an EA account and link it to your GamerTag. After that, I can add you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You are going to need to talk to DammittMattt over Live or something, I talked to him and he's banned for 3 months, and you can't see the online forum if you are banned.

Striker

We can chat all together in that Dynasty Headquarters place? I notice it says "Online 1/11" and shows who hasn't "ready" advanced.

Ando with Florida will wreck everybody. :(

vumpler

Striker said:
We can chat all together in that Dynasty Headquarters place? I notice it says "Online 1/11" and shows who hasn't "ready" advanced.

Ando with Florida will wreck everybody. :(
Yeah I've played him twice :( He's quite good with them.

vumpler

GCQuinton said:
Righty10 will be added on as Michigan soon as the dynasty servers go back up, so we're at a full 12 members.
Nice! Good work so far GCQuinton.

GCQuinton

Anybody know what's up with pheeniks? I've PM'ed and sent him messages over Live and haven't heard back. He's the only person left to accept the invite.

daw840

GCQuinton said:
Anybody know what's up with pheeniks? I've PM'ed and sent him messages over Live and haven't heard back. He's the only person left to accept the invite.

I sent a friend request to everyone in the league and he is the only one not to accept. Maybe he forgot to pay his internet bill:lol :lol

Striker

daw840 said:
I sent a friend request to everyone in the league and he is the only one not to accept. Maybe he forgot to pay his internet bill:lol :lol
I checked his tag and it said he was last on NBA2K8 (?) an hour ago.

Maybe he logged on Xbox.com, but still.

ok I'm sorry about that. I haven't been checking this thread much cause the league hasn't started

and I do get your xbox messages but sometimes when i'm playing i can't see them...but i've only gotten 1 pm from you

anyways my xbox subscription died, so i need to be a new one. but i'm still alive!

vumpler

pheeniks said:
ok I'm sorry about that. I haven't been checking this thread much cause the league hasn't started

and I do get your xbox messages but sometimes when i'm playing i can't see them...but i've only gotten 1 pm from you

anyways my xbox subscription died, so i need to be a new one. but i'm still alive!
Can you do this as fast as possible? You're the only one holding us up.

GCQuinton

pheeniks, I never got responses to either of them, which is why I didn't write again. Not to be as blunt as vumpler :lol , but try and get that done.

When do you expect to have a Live Gold subscription? If you weren't the only one left we I could try and hold this off a bit longer, but if it's not going to be for a while I can move you to the waiting list.

GCQuinton said:
pheeniks, I never got responses to either of them, which is why I didn't write again. Not to be as blunt as vumpler :lol , but try and get that done.

When do you expect to have a Live Gold subscription? If you weren't the only one left we I could try and hold this off a bit longer, but if it's not going to be for a while I can move you to the waiting list.

well I have a busy day but I won't be able to hit the store till evening time. go ahead and put me on the waitlist, I hate to hold you guys up. sorry about all the mess.

and I could've sworn I got one PM from you regarding the league, but I came here and responded in the thread instead of a pm back. i'll hit you back directly next time

and yeah the reason i was a bit slower is cause i got home late last night and i got it via gamefly. so i went to check the invitation...bam, no subscription :(

GCQuinton

pheeniks said:
well I have a busy day but I won't be able to hit the store till evening time. go ahead and put me on the waitlist, I hate to hold you guys up. sorry about all the mess.

and I could've sworn I got one PM from you regarding the league, but I came here and responded in the thread instead of a pm back. i'll hit you back directly next time

I was talking about the message I sent you over Live a few days ago. If you're getting it today, we can just wait. That's no big deal there. I don't wanna seem like I''m rushing you at all, it's just I'm trying to keep the pace everyone else has so far going with as few hurdles as possible.

GCQuinton said:
I was talking about the message I sent you over Live a few days ago. If you're getting it today, we can just wait. That's no big deal there. I don't wanna seem like I''m rushing you at all, it's just I'm trying to keep the pace everyone else has so far going with as few hurdles as possible.

yeah I understand, it's not the right way to start the year. i'll get it taken care of asap

GCQuinton

cubanb said:
It says everyone's done with preseason tasks, does that mean we are ready to roll?

Yeah, we're ready to go. The dynasty's officially been started.

Week 1 Games:

Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. Auburn (dammitmattt)
Colorado (Thrilledge) vs. Colorado State (CPU)
Florida (BirdBomb) vs. Texas (pheeniks)
Michigan (Doubleb22) vs. Tennessee (vumpler)
Kansas (daw840) vs. FIU (CPU)

Week 1 Byes: Duke (GCQuinton), Rutgers (Striker), Kent State (bobbydigital), Cal (cubanb)

For the folks playing CPU games, you're obviously on your own time but try to get them played ASAP. People who don't have games this week, remember to get your recruiting done.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Yeah, we're ready to go. The dynasty's officially been started.

Week 1 Games:

Illinois (KamikazePIPBoy) vs. Auburn (dammitmattt)
Colorado (Thrilledge) vs. Colorado State (CPU)
Florida (BirdBomb) vs. Texas (pheeniks)
Michigan (Doubleb22) vs. Tennessee (vumpler)
Kansas (daw840) vs. FIU (CPU)

Week 1 Byes: Duke (GCQuinton), Rutgers (Striker), Kent State (bobbydigital), Cal (cubanb)

For the folks playing CPU games, you're obviously on your own time but try to get them played ASAP. People who don't have games this week, remember to get your recruiting done.

Damn bye weeks!

daw840

Alright, I won my first game!!

42-7!!!

At the end of the second quarter the CPU tried a bomb that ended up in a 92 yd pick-6!!:lol

Thrilledge

Neo Member
I just finished what was awarded an ESPN Classic.

It was a tough game after our starting QB went down for 2 weeks with broken ribs in the first half. But we came back to take the lead on the last drive of the game. This game had me sweating.

daw840

Thrilledge said:
I just finished what was awarded an ESPN Classic.

It was a tough game after our starting QB went down for 2 weeks with broken ribs in the first half. But we came back to take the lead on the last drive of the game. This game had me sweating.

An ESPN Classic?

Top Bottom