• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty Thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/news.jsp?itemID=topplayer_ratings

There's a spreadsheet available on this page for all the player rankings, of the top 25 teams as chosen by the game:

1. Georgia
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Ohio State
  4. USC
  5. Florida
  6. LSU
  7. Missouri
  8. West Virginia
  9. Wisconsin
  10. Texas
  11. Clemson
  12. Texas Tech
  13. Penn State
  14. Arizona State
  15. Kansas
  16. Auburn
  17. Virginia Tech
  18. Illinois
  19. Tennessee
  20. BYU
  21. South Carolina
  22. Alabama
  23. Oregon
  24. Cincinnati
  25. Wake Forest

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I would be starting the QB with 86 speed and dominate

They don't show it but I bet his arm probably isn't anything great. Looking at those corner stats, his endurance is gonna be shot since he'll be on the field so much :lol

Another potential side effect of going to that too much is your receivers don't get thrown to as often, which turns off WR recruits from wanting to come to your school. Not a good thing since I wanna install a balanced offense.

Next week can't get here soon enough.

GCQuinton

I've been over on OS for a good part of the day reading up on stuff and it looks like you can't move conferences around or make a custom one (aka the Game Informer article's wrong), so everyone's got to stay where they are. I preferred it like that anyway, though.

Conference invites and job offers also aren't a a part of online dynasty, so I'll have to evaluate the latter on a case by case when/if someone wants to switch teams.

We also don't HAVE to have a full 12 members, so if you guys wanna lock this up now so I can get the non-conference schedules done let me know. I also won't let people join during the season, so anyone interested after we start has to wait until the season's over.

armubaba, have you decided on a team?

Striker

Boo to GI's false advertising!

That's fine, I guess.

Question -- is the Independents still thing alive? I would like to be one, but if not, that's cool too. With bobbydigital and Quinton becoming low-tier teams, I'm itchin' to become one too!

I love building teams from scratch and making them my own. Right now, I'm thinking of selecting Ohio Bobcats. Sorry for all the hesitation, my friend. :lol

GCQuinton

Striker said:
Boo to GI's false advertising!

That's fine, I guess.

Question -- is the Independents still thing alive? I would like to be one, but if not, that's cool too. With bobbydigital and Quinton becoming low-tier teams, I'm itchin' to become one too!

I love building teams from scratch and making them my own. Right now, I'm thinking of selecting Ohio Bobcats. Sorry for all the hesitation, my friend. :lol

If you're playing as a team that's a FBS/I-A Independent in real life (Western Kentucky, Notre Dame, Army, Navy) then yeah. The whole schedule's yours to customize since you don't belong to a conference. Aside from the four human games requirement, you'd let me know the other teams (human or non) you wanna play and I'd schedule them.

Serious question here: the way you guys are wording your questions about the independents is leading me to think you don't know what they are. If that's the case, take a peak at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-FBS_independent_schools

Striker

I meant we can't move, say, UCLA to the Independents? No carrying one team to another conference at all, right? At least to me, that's how it sounds like. But I just want to be sure about this.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I meant we can't move, say, UCLA to the Independents? No carrying one team to another conference at all, right? At least to me, that's how it sounds like. But I just want to be sure about this.

Nope, no moving teams around at all.

GCQuinton said:
Nope, no moving teams around at all.

Im still good with my decision on my team and everything ill just now have to play an offline dynasty too. So I'm ready to lock it down when you are Quinton

GCQuinton

I'm gonna give it till Tuesday or Wednesday before I close season one signups off, but in the meantime we can get started on the prelim non-conference schedules.

Instead of what I was going to do (plan all of the schedules myself), I'm gonna go back to what I originally had in mind and let you guys do your own. Here's what we'll do to speed it up a bit:

Everyone will PM me with their:

1. From 1 to 9, highest to lowest in order of preference, a list of the human controlled teams you want to play.

2. How many human controlled games you want to play (minimum 4 games). If you've got another human controlled team in your conference (vumpler/Florida and BirdBomb/Tenn both in the SEC is the only one right now) that counts, too. You can play as many as your schedule allows.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
I'd rather it be someone on here just we could better keep track of everything.
I e-mailed him letting him know there's spots open. He wrote me about a week ago asking if we're still having available spots, but at the time, we did not. Since I have his e-mail and I did send him a FR, I think it would be okay. As long as they can browse, I wouldn't mind it. It sucks that it takes a while for people to get activated through here. :p

EDIT:

Please don't take my post before as a "demand" or anything like that. I think the more/better people we got, the more entertaining the league will be. Once you grant his admission, I told him he can join. He replied back saying he would like to join, since I told him spots became available.

His Gamertag is Thrilledge and wants Colorado.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I e-mailed him letting him know there's spots open. He wrote me about a week ago asking if we're still having available spots, but at the time, we did not. Since I have his e-mail and I did send him a FR, I think it would be okay. As long as they can browse, I wouldn't mind it. It sucks that it takes a while for people to get activated through here. :p

EDIT:

Please don't take my post before as a "demand" or anything like that. I think the more/better people we got, the more entertaining the league will be. Once you grant his admission, I told him he can join. He replied back saying he would like to join, since I told him spots became available.

His Gamertag is Thrilledge and wants Colorado.

Tell him he's in. What time zone is he in?

armubaba

Fuck.

I hate to say this, but it's looking like I won't be able to participate in this year's Dynasty. Sorry if my exit has caused any problems, and good luck to all.

GCQuinton

NCAA kicks off my "gaming season" every year, so I'm definitely excited. I actually deleted the demo a few days ago since I wanted a brief "dead" period before it came out. Can't wait.

TheCrow

bobbydigital said:
My gamestop is doing a midnight release so i'm going to be picking it up tonight, anyone else?

I'll probably pick it up in the afternoon at circuit city. I can't wait for this dynasty to start :D .

TheCrow said:
I'll probably pick it up in the afternoon at circuit city. I can't wait for this dynasty to start :D .

I can't wait to see if it actually works properly, but i hope it does because i think it will be a lot of fun for everyone. Just to say "Ha! That recruit chose my school over your's at the last minute!" will be great. Not that it will actually happen very often at the beginning for me at Kent State.

Striker

I could get mine tonight, but with gas prices being outrageous, I can't drive 30 mins then back for it at midnight. :p

I'll have it tomorrow, though.

cubanb

Banned
bobbydigital said:
whats your secret cuban
I was checking the "where'd you get it" thread on OS and searched for Sacramento. Someone posted that they got it in Sacramento and I pm'ed them. It was some mom and pop shop I never knew existed. They didnt give a shit about street dates:lol . and it was a dollar cheaper.

The game is loads of fun, but I have seen some of the issues such as shitty special teams coverage and very little pass rush.

I can't wait to start the season!

bobbydigital said:
My gamestop is doing a midnight release so i'm going to be picking it up tonight, anyone else?

Got the game last night, played 2 games of an offline dynasty. The game was pretty good not major complaints other than kickoff coverage was not to good(by the computer) Returned to kickoffs in one game LOL. Overall really satisfied with the game play and can't wait till the fix the glitch with the roster editing. The info the teams disappear when you edit the roster is apparently true so I would hold off on downloading any edited rosters.

GCQuinton

I downloaded DT Linder's roster file this morning and haven't had any problems with it at all. I can go ahead and set the dynasty up today, but everyone wants to wait a day or two to get some practice games in let me know.

And anyone who hasn't sent me their games choices list (check my other posts for details), try and get that sent in if you wanna choose your games.

GCQuinton said:
I downloaded DT Linder's roster file this morning and haven't had any problems with it at all. I can go ahead and set the dynasty up today, but everyone wants to wait a day or two to get some practice games in let me know.

And anyone who hasn't sent me their games choices list (check my other posts for details), try and get that sent in if you wanna choose your games.

I say set it up and get invites out and if we can not start the actually games yet

Top Bottom