• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami and Viewtiful Joe 2 TGS trailers (direct feed)

Elios83

In VJ1 PS2 they put the sweet mode which brings the difficulty to normal levels so I think there will be a similar diffulty level in VJ2 too.

Vlad

Deepthroat said:
Nice!

I hope VJ2 is a little easier then VJ1 though, so you actually can beat the game :)

<shrug>, personally I found the difficulty in the original to be just right. It was nice to be playing through a game and not blowing through stuff on the first try.

It was also a nice change of pace to see bosses that were actually hard. Nowadays, bosses in games are just bigger enemies at the end of a level that aren't that much harder than the normal enemies. In VJ, you knew you had a fight on your hand when you got to a boss that you hadn't seen before, which is how it should be.

The game's hardly impossible either way. Every enemy in the game has a very distinct pattern that makes them easy to take out once you know how they attack.

adelgary said:
Okami looks better than Wind Waker (technically and artistically), and that's saying A LOT.

yes / no. It is more artistically adventurous (But how that will impact on its US sales will have to be seen; that is if this title crosses the atlantic). I really like the trailer/vid I got off IGN; sure this is the same so I won't bother but yes; it has rocked up my MUST BUY list.

surprisingly, nonplussed about VJ2. not at all keen

olimario said:
I wouldn't say technically. The game doesn't look very demanding.

Heh, when I wrote that post I thought "olimario's gonna have a fit over the better art comment", anyway I think Okami looks much more detailed than WW and seems to run faster/smoother. What was so "demanding" in WW that isn't in Okami? I don't think the open ocean counts as a big technical feat since everything in the background was majorily simplified and the water was perfectly flat 90% of the time, the data-streaming rocked but that doesn't belong in the looks department.

The running sections in Okami looks really fast and smooth.

adelgary said:
Heh, when I wrote that post I thought "olimario's gonna have a fit over the better art comment", anyway I think Okami looks much more detailed than WW and seems to run faster/smoother. What was so "demanding" in WW that isn't in Okami? I don't think the open ocean counts as a big technical feat since everything in the background was majorily simplified and the water was perfectly flat 90% of the time, the data-streaming rocked but that doesn't belong in the looks department.

all I can say is wait til you get a hands on when you compare. I know you're excited but it shits me when a vid (direct feed or not) is used to compare issues like framerates.

and I wanted to say of course Okami moves faster - he's a dog/god.

THIS GAME LOOKS REALLY REALLY FUN. The harassing villagers / carrying them bits are funny

olimario

Banned
adelgary said:

It does look really smooth, you're right, but it doesn't have a lot of the effects that wind waker did. Wind Waker has some truly amazing lighting and shadowing and generally seems more high poly than Okami
Just my take, but I do think Wind Waker is more demanding technically.
Artistically you're right, this looks much better.

olimario

Banned
adelgary said:
I can't believe I'm hearing this from you out of all people. I thought you were hopeless :p

I don't understand why this is any suprise. I've found a couple titles have better art than Nintendo titles. Ico and Okami being the ones that pop out most in my mind.

After examing the video again, I'm taking back my comments about this looking better than Wind Waker technically, at least not from this video... I forgot about WW's awesome use of effects and lighting, Zelda also seems to have a higher polycount... But Okami as a whole looks more pleasing to me, thanks to the beautiful art direction... It's not easy for me to say that believe me, since I always regarded WW to be one of the best looking games this generation.

Okami looks really good! Thanks for the links

Just finished watching the trailer and it looks great, nice music too!

I hope Capcom brings this to NA!

BTW I liked the part where the dog was barking in front of that dudes house at night and the dude comes out and punches him in the face! LOL

Koshiro

Clover honestly have my heart in their hands right now, I really hope they somehow don't go under after this, as they are one of the few rays of light in the games industry right now. I heart Clover.

Screenboy

Deepthroat said:
Nice!

I hope VJ2 is a little easier then VJ1 though, so you actually can beat the game :)

You're starting to sound like a newschool-casual gamer!

I welcome the hard-ness.

I wish alot of new games had the child/adult difficulty (ZELDA).

-SB

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I keep watching that first Okami trailer over and over, and that ending gives me goosebumps every time. Second trailer makes it looks even more beautiful. The game is just f'n gorgeous. As for VJ2, if it's half as fun as the first one, it'll be mine.

Sagitario

Any plans to bring Okami over here?

I will buy VJ2 next year... too many games to buy this holiday and not enough money and time...

Top Bottom