• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay Ubisoft. We need to talk

MMaRsu

This guy gets it all right in one concise video. Perfectly worded and professional in his assesment. You know you fucked up when a guy in a suit has to tell you what's going on.

Bonus episode

How I wish a guy like this actually was listened to

Last edited:

Trilobit

You know you fucked up when a guy in a suit has to tell you what's going on.

too-happy-to-take-tea-spit.gif

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
eeeeeeh...this sounds like jumping on Ubisoft's fuck up to push his own agenda. Which - whatever, but it doesn't explain how Ubisoft got here. He's also talking about how bad the finished product of AC:Shadows is when we have barely seen anything about the game itself.

Ubisoft is clearly capable of making/selling good video games. Unfortunately they also make a whole bunch of boring ass games. My guess is this is the first time Ubisoft has put this game through any kind of big publicity/marketing push in Japan and they horribly miscalculated because they thought their own shit didn't stink. They also didn't want their game compared against Ghost of Yotei for the rest of the year.

Unfortunately for them, the best time to release this game was last week.

Trilobit

I looked up the MAX:

fKKeykO.png

As someone who has been out of the Ubiloop, what happened after 2021 that made it fall off like that? My guess is that covid had a delayed effect on their output, but they haven't been able to bring it up even since it ended.

Edit: It must hurt for those who bought in at 80 and expected it to bounce up soon after it fell.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Claims to be a pro character designer.

This guy is behind Sungrand Studios, an entitiy that splurged out a bunch of godawful throwaway 3DS games no one on this board has ever heard of.

78c1edc26a86dbd7aab66d1b0ef18482_original.png

There's also this failed kickstarter.

This guy is an amateur games programmer, not a pro character designer.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Seems like it. Here's the video where he tries to 'fix' Concord characters. I've timestamped the part where he shows his own character designs from one of the games in your post

ultrazilla

This guy gets it all right in one concise video. Perfectly worded and professional in his assesment. You know you fucked up when a guy in a suit has to tell you what's going on.

Bonus episode

How I wish a guy like this actually was listened to

I presume this is his channel? Instant subscribed.

He absolutely nailed it.

The best way for me to describe companies like "Sweet Baby" is they're "The Thing"

alien-john-carpenter.gif

Pretending they're a friend and crusading for righteous when they're actually a cannibalistic
monster that wants to absorb everything for it's hive mind.

I still want to play it, i like Assasins Creed games gameplay, im part of the problem.
Me as well, like the recent AC games and this looks good as well, but with all the ruckus perhaps Ubi, which i like their games should pay attention more to what fans want, both Shadows and Outlaws has a lot of negative vibes and that a damn shame.

It sucks because Ubisoft creates some of the most compelling game worlds in the industry, but their combat and gameplay loops are so repetitive and dull. They really have the lowest opinion of gamers of any publisher. Simplistic combat, bad writing, and thousands of icons directing players where to go. I don't understand how they didn't learn anything the past decade or so of mediocrity. It's so annoying because they work with some of the biggest budgets

mdkirby

I still want to play it, i like Assasins Creed games gameplay, im part of the problem.
Hey, ditto, and despite the revisionist history and other crap they are pulling, yasuke does actually look pretty cool. My plan is just to wait 12-18months, by which point it’ll be the actual full game with the fixes, expansions etc, and be a fraction of the price…or even free on psn.

Not a chance I’m rewarding them with a day one purchase. There’s been a lot of good games out recently to play through who are more deserving. Shadows of doubt launches tomorrow too, they are way more deserving.

This guy is behind Sungrand Studios, an entitiy that splurged out a bunch of godawful throwaway 3DS games no one on this board has ever heard of.

78c1edc26a86dbd7aab66d1b0ef18482_original.png

There's also this failed kickstarter.

It's so funny that Jerrel goes viral now. I never would have guessed that ever. I donate to his patreon and bought the WiiU Silver Falls. I honestly think he's doing an Andy Kaufman type thing and just riding it out. He has a super dry sense of humor. Power to him, hope he's making some ad revenue.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Crazy. Due to bad Outlaws sales, they are going to miss second quarter (ending Sept) by 25-30%. AC Shadows was initially a Nov launch (now Feb 2025), so that'll affect their next quarter.

But to help prop up sales in the next quarter, they are going Outlaws Steam.

France's Ubisoft postpones 'Assassin's Creed Shadows' release, cuts guidance​

Mathias de Rozario
Updated Wed, September 25, 2024 at 1:37 PM EDT 1 min read

By Mathias de Rozario
(Reuters) -French videogame maker Ubisoft has postponed the release of "Assassin's Creed Shadows" by three months to Feb. 14, 2025 and cut its net bookings guidance.

Ubisoft said in a statement that net bookings are now seen falling from last year, to around 1.95 billion euros for the company's 2024-2025 fiscal year. For the second quarter through end-September, net bookings are expected to be worth around 350 million to 370 million euros, compared with the 500 million euros anticipated previously.

Shares in Ubisoft touched 10-year lows this month after a muted reception to the release of its "Star Wars Outlaws" game.

They closed at 11.42 euros on Wednesday, before Ubisoft released its statement.

Ubisoft had been betting on the two titles after four years of negative cash flows with game cancellations and delays.

"Beyond the first important short-term actions undertaken, the Executive Committee, is launching a review aimed at further improving our execution," CEO Yves Guillemot said in a press release.

The family-owned company said it is now departing from the traditional video game "Season Pass" model which gives access to current and future content, but added that those who preorder "Assassin's Creed Shadows" will be granted the first expansion for free.

"As the growth transformation continues, we may progress on our cost reduction initiative, with headcounts steadily decreasing over the first half," CFO Frederick Duguet said on a call with analysts.

Ubisoft also announced that "Star Wars Outlaws" will be available on the Steam store on Nov. 21.

Last edited:

Danny22

Neo Member
Crazy. Due to bad Outlaws sales, they are going to miss second quarter (ending Sept) by 25-30%. AC Shadows was initially a Nov launch (now Feb 2025), so that'll affect their next quarter.

But to help prop up sales in the next quarter, they are going Outlaws Steam.

France's Ubisoft postpones 'Assassin's Creed Shadows' release, cuts guidance​

Mathias de Rozario
Updated Wed, September 25, 2024 at 1:37 PM EDT 1 min read

By Mathias de Rozario
(Reuters) -French videogame maker Ubisoft has postponed the release of "Assassin's Creed Shadows" by three months to Feb. 14, 2025 and cut its net bookings guidance.

Ubisoft said in a statement that net bookings are now seen falling from last year, to around 1.95 billion euros for the company's 2024-2025 fiscal year. For the second quarter through end-September, net bookings are expected to be worth around 350 million to 370 million euros, compared with the 500 million euros anticipated previously.

Shares in Ubisoft touched 10-year lows this month after a muted reception to the release of its "Star Wars Outlaws" game.

They closed at 11.42 euros on Wednesday, before Ubisoft released its statement.

Ubisoft had been betting on the two titles after four years of negative cash flows with game cancellations and delays.

"Beyond the first important short-term actions undertaken, the Executive Committee, is launching a review aimed at further improving our execution," CEO Yves Guillemot said in a press release.

The family-owned company said it is now departing from the traditional video game "Season Pass" model which gives access to current and future content, but added that those who preorder "Assassin's Creed Shadows" will be granted the first expansion for free.

"As the growth transformation continues, we may progress on our cost reduction initiative, with headcounts steadily decreasing over the first half," CFO Frederick Duguet said on a call with analysts.

Ubisoft also announced that "Star Wars Outlaws" will be available on the Steam store on Nov. 21.
Yeah employees are getting fired, Ubisoft was always overstaffed.

bitbydeath

They haven’t made a good game since South Park - the fractured butthole in 2017.

I get they can’t use the SP license but there’s no reason they can’t create a new IP with that same formula.

Top Bottom