• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeesEight

If you're going to nitpick my English, why not point out the sentence I started with a conjunction?

Conversational English is a little more flexible.

Just trying to help. I would assume that either people will be turned off by someone that would nitpick English (per above) or they'll be annoyed by your improper grammar. Seems like a lose/lose situation.

Pachimari

On my way there now and they're all waiting on me. I got lost when driving back with my friend, I were on my way to Sweden lol. Anyway, I got to think i'm the best tonight!!

Why not just make the first meeting a drink at a bar/restaurant? I've mostly heard that dinner on first dates is boring/too formal. Let that be the second/third meeting.

I understand that, but I also know girls try to get free food this way so I'm wondering if it keeps out the leechers.

Pachimari

I think I have gotten too much already. I think I'll stop drinking. It's water the rest of the day. I promised her that I will behave and I WILL hahaha

I really like her. OKC is magic.

Edit: I'm starting to have a hard time balancing but my head is clear, I'm gonna show her I can handle this. Hopefully I'll wake up with her on my birthday tomorrow.

No more drinking tonight. I can feel it. NO MORE.

noah111

Still Alive
^Don't let the lack of alcohol in your system restrain yourself from being just as awesomely free spirited as last time (if not maybe a notch or two less :p).

Pachimari

I'm loosing myself. My head is clear after the 3 beers but I can't keep my balance. I have to control this, I'm awesome tonight and totally boss haha

I can handle this.

Zomba13

I'm loosing myself. My head is clear after the 3 beers but I can't keep my balance. I have to control this, I'm awesome tonight and totally boss haha

I can handle this.

No more alcohol. Just water and soda. If you drink any more alcohol you'll mess things up.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Had to add Anastacio to my ignore list. First person ever to be placed on it.

And yes, girls will use people through the websites for free drinks/dinner. Be aware.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I must have missed something, why did you put him on the ignore list?

The thread has become too much about him and his escapades. The first date was enough for me, so every time he liveblogs from each date, it's a bit much.

I think I have gotten too much already. I think I'll stop drinking. It's water the rest of the day. I promised her that I will behave and I WILL hahaha

I really like her. OKC is magic.

Edit: I'm starting to have a hard time balancing but my head is clear, I'm gonna show her I can handle this. Hopefully I'll wake up with her on my birthday tomorrow.

No more drinking tonight. I can feel it. NO MORE.

If you keep drinking, I am coming over to Holland or wherever you are and I'll smack you.

The thread has become too much about him and his escapades. The first date was enough for me, so every time he liveblogs from each date, it's a bit much.

It's funny!

How's my profile guys?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TheConsumerist

I was hard up on names so I chose whatever was on my bookmarks list I saw. We're lucky it didn't have RedTube or something on it.

I'll add photos of me and my double in the midst of battle.

Just trying to help. I would assume that either people will be turned off by someone that would nitpick English (per above) or they'll be annoyed by your improper grammar. Seems like a lose/lose situation.

Fair enough. I think I'll remove that part and let the rest of my profile speak for itself.

9 hours later, no update. I assume it went well?

As for my profile, I get visits but no messages. I think people get the impression that I am genuinely insane instead of darkly whimsical, which is totally what I was shooting for (all the girls I come across seem to be doing that, go figure).

But it's cool. I'm casting a wide net. I actually read everyone's profiles. Man, are there some weirdos out there. Thank God I'm not trying to look for a relationship, I'd go bonkers.

Jeez, some of these profiles bum me out so much.

Zomba13

9 hours later, no update. I assume it went well?

As for my profile, I get visits but no messages. I think people get the impression that I am genuinely insane instead of darkly whimsical, which is totally what I was shooting for (all the girls I come across seem to be doing that, go figure).

But it's cool. I'm casting a wide net. I actually read everyone's profiles. Man, are there some weirdos out there. Thank God I'm not trying to look for a relationship, I'd go bonkers.

Jeez, some of these profiles bum me out so much.

He's already dead :(

Profile doesn't seem bad. Maybe get a pic in. Maybe tone down the Dark whimsy a bit (I enjoyed it though).

Pachimari

I drank more than the first time but I behaved pretty well. Disco were AWESOME and it was my first time!

And I just asked her at the toilet and we are now girlfriend and boyfriend. Wow OKC.

Anyway I'm tired and it's my birthday and I'm about to play volleyball with lots who know their stuff but I don't know how to. =/

Pachimari

By the way,
It turns out my now girlfriend is good friends with my ex-girlfriend and her brothers.

Some crap things happened three years ago were I behaved really bad before I got help, how can I explain all that to my girlfriend? Because I don't want my ex-girlfriend to tell her bad things about me, when all of that were 3 years ago, and I'm a whole other person today.

How do I tackle this situation?

It was even the most awkward situation last night. She told me "come and say hi to my friends" and then it turned out to be those brothers of my ex-gf (which had left the place 2 minutes prior to me arriving), so we weren't happy about it but at least we put it behind us and had a good time.

By the way,
It turns out my now girlfriend is good friends with my ex-girlfriend and her brothers.

Some crap things happened three years ago were I behaved really bad before I got help, how can I explain all that to my girlfriend? Because I don't want my ex-girlfriend to tell her bad things about me, when all of that were 3 years ago, and I'm a whole other person today.

How do I tackle this situation?

It was even the most awkward situation last night. She told me "come and say hi to my friends" and then it turned out to be those brothers of my ex-gf (which had left the place 2 minutes prior to me arriving), so we weren't happy about it but at least we put it behind us and had a good time.

How bad was that behaviour?

Pachimari

Bad so much that I know I should not have behaved like I did. Back then I were paranoid, jealous and a dumb teenager with emotional actions and no thoughts. I just don't know how to tell her and explain I have not been like that for 4 years now. Because my past will surely come up again in this relationship. =/

She is very curious as to what the relation is between me and the brothers and I really wanna lay it all down on the table, but in a way, so that she knows that I know I were an idiot back then and ain't anymore.

Bad so much that I know I should not have behaved like I did. Back then I were paranoid, jealous and a dumb teenager with emotional actions and no thoughts. I just don't know how to tell her and explain I have not been like that for 3 years now. Because my past will surely come up again in this relationship. =/

She is very curious as to what the relation is between me and the brothers and I really wanna lay it all down on the table, but in a way, so that she knows that I know I were an idiot back then and ain't anymore.

Seems like something you could just be honest about.

HeySeuss

Anybody ever get messages from girls that don't sound quite right? I mean the way they talk just sounds a bit off. Almost as though its like a craigslist scammer only the grammar isnt as bad. Maybe its just my paranoia and cynicism though.

Hylian7

Anybody ever get messages from girls that don't sound quite right? I mean the way they talk just sounds a bit off. Almost as though its like a craigslist scammer only the grammar isnt as bad. Maybe its just my paranoia and cynicism though.

Nope, if I get any unsolicited ones, they are just "hey whats up?". I haven't gotten any unsolicited ones that were worth responding to.

However I have seen a profile or two that definitely seems sketchy. As in I would probably end up in a tub of ice with a kidney missing if I did anything with that.

HeySeuss

We exchanged cell numbers and when i checked the area code and next 3 numbers is was a landline 100 miles away where her profile says she is from. Seems sketchy and I'd like to keep my kidneys.

There's a bunch of scam profiles on OKC. Report the message if it seems so.

defel

Okay Ill bite. I the first paragraph you describe yourself as a "socially-awkward well-meaning jackass who is always a day late and a dollar short" and then say that you fully accept your "flaws". You then use the concept of an "evil double" which is kinda interesting but a bit sinister. In the next paragraph under "What I am trying to do with my life" you say that you are "Trying not to die".

Now if I were a potential hottie looking through your profile I would already be depressed. There are too many negative images and negative personality traits spat out in a short space of time. Start talking about this positive aspects of your personality in a positive way.

Be a little more creative and interesting. You can say all sorts of meaningless bullshit as long as it makes the person reading it feel happy. You use phrases such as "dying in my sleep ", "mental illness", "miserable", "I probably have to either shoot myself without dying, or engage him in a battle of wills within my mind". The whole evil twin is a good idea but it would be better if it was more light-hearted. I appreciate that you are going for evil and sinister but you arent going to get anything good from that.

What makes you awesome? What makes you better than anyone else? Why should someone reading your profile take the time to message you?

I cant tell whether Im being trolled ;)

noah111

Still Alive
I'm curious, what do OKC spammers wish to achieve? Is the scam to have sex with you? because tbh I wouldn't imagine anyone stupid enough to give out their credit card info on a dating site without meeting.

Hylian7

I'm curious, what do OKC spammers wish to achieve? Is the scam to have sex with you? because tbh I wouldn't imagine anyone stupid enough to give out their credit card info on a dating site without meeting.

The same reason you get emails saying you inherited a Nigerian prince's fortune.

Info. Some of them try to get people to come to other sites. Some try to get emails for phishing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom