• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

At what date do you genereally surprise with a little present? Like a rose or something creative?
This is the first time i date in this way.

She actually described our time together last night as a second date.

Btw, as I said, she went with me home again and said she don't wanna leave me alone at places. Could she be felling we are bro/sis? Cause she feels she is a sister when I'm wearing my cap, so I won't wear that again and she don't want to feel like a sister. But again, she's kissing me and saying she misses me and wanna hold my hand all the time etc.

I'm just not comfortable going to disco. I don't have ANY moves whatsoever and is afraid if I start dancing like a girl. And what if she thinks I'm gay? I mean, I didn't "finish" our first night when we slept together and I kissed her gay friend mouth to mouth but they thought it was funny. I added her friends to my facebook and they wanted my number as well. I guess I'm doing something right..

Just an update, got two replies today! It could be coincidence but I'm chalking it up to Gaf-magic. One I think may not go anywhere as I think I talked about myself too much in my follow-up, but we'll see, and it's a start at least.

shuri

Banned
At what date do you genereally surprise with a little present? Like a rose or something creative?

Btw, as I said, she went with me home again and said she don't wanna leave me alone at places. Could she be felling we are bro/sis? Cause she feels she is a sister when I'm wearing my cap, so I won't wear that again and she don't want to feel like a sister. But again, she's kissing me and saying she misses me and wanna hold my hand all the time etc.
It's time to initiate the reproductive sequence on her.

Pachimari

It's time to initiate the reproductive sequence on her.
But we did that at the first date. Maybe I should invite her over here again after disco tomorrow? Just so that we get some quiet time were I should tell her about my feelings? Or maybe all that is too early.

But I would really like to leave a rose or something like that at her place so it's there as a surprise when she gets home. Could I do that now?

Futureman

Trying to figure out the match question thing...

says this one girl matches 7% on religion questions with me. I check it out to see the questions we both answered... and there are only 5 but we answered EXACTLY the same on those 5 questions.

how does that correlate to 7% match on religion questions??

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Trying to figure out the match question thing...

says this one girl matches 7% on religion questions with me. I check it out to see the questions we both answered... and there are only 5 but we answered EXACTLY the same on those 5 questions.

how does that correlate to 7% match on religion questions??

Not all answers are public.

I'm just not comfortable going to disco. I don't have ANY moves whatsoever and is afraid if I start dancing like a girl. And what if she thinks I'm gay? I mean, I didn't "finish" our first night when we slept together and I kissed her gay friend mouth to mouth but they thought it was funny. I added her friends to my facebook and they wanted my number as well. I guess I'm doing something right..

I think she really likes you and you don't have anything to worry about. That said, there's nothing wrong with bringing her home and having some non-drunk and sloppy sex.
I would wait a bit to talk about your feelings, but that's completely your call.

Futureman

so I messaged this chick last week. It was short, and I mentioned "maybe we should hang out."

I didn't log back in until 3 days after she messaged me back, but I saw it and sent another message. It was a little longer and at the end I was like "Yea we should probably hang out. Sometime this weekend?"

It's been 3 days now and no response. Knowing this site, she probably received 200 messages in-between the time she responded and I responded again. She's rather pretty. So yea. Just ignore her, or try once more with a "Hey, still interested??"

I'm thinking maybe a real short message that has something to do with her profile and/or pics.

Pachimari

But let's say maybe after date 4, could I then leave her a letter and a rose at her doorstep that she'll see when coming home? Or is that just creepy after just four dates?

Edit: saw you edited your post, I guess I'll wait with the feelings talk. And I won't surprise her with a rose yet.

I can feel I'm really exhausted and hadn't slept for two days until I got five hours sleep earlier today. I'm also afraid of the disco, as I'm already tone-deaf. :/

so I messaged this chick last week. It was short, and I mentioned "maybe we should hang out."

I didn't log back in until 3 days after she messaged me back, but I saw it and sent another message. It was a little longer and at the end I was like "Yea we should probably hang out. Sometime this weekend?"

It's been 3 days now and no response. Knowing this site, she probably received 200 messages in-between the time she responded and I responded again. She's rather pretty. So yea. Just ignore her, or try once more with a "Hey, still interested??"

I'm thinking maybe a real short message that has something to do with her profile and/or pics.

That's a shitty situation cause you really don't know if she's burned out by deleting stupid horny messages and you don't wanna come across as desperate

I dunno bro. It sucks. But my two cents is if she's genuinely interested in you, she'll remember. I've messaged a girl and had her message back, then on my reply she said nothing, so I figured her first message back was a courtesy one. I've done the same to people as well (well, only once)

Futureman

wait I mixed what I said up a bit.

when she responded, it was HER that said "We should probably hang out" in response to my "Maybe we should hang out sometime" in my first message.

to get REAL detailed, haha, I sent the first message Friday morning last week at 1am. She responded on Friday night at 7 PM. Then I didn't log back in and respond until Monday at 6PMish.

Just gonna shoot a real short message tomorrow I guess.

Ferrio

Banned
wait I mixed what I said up a bit.

when she responded, it was HER that said "We should probably hang out" in response to my "Maybe we should hang out sometime" in my first message.

to get REAL detailed, haha, I sent the first message Friday morning last week at 1am. She responded on Friday night at 7 PM. Then I didn't log back in and respond until Monday at 6PMish.

Just gonna shoot a real short message tomorrow I guess.

Don't be half assed when asking about meeting up. State atleast a date/time of day, and maybe place and see if it works for her.

Futureman

Don't be half assed when asking about meeting up. State atleast a date/time, and maybe place and see if it works for her.

hmm yea.

Maybe since it's the weekend now, I'll throw a super specific plan her way. If she doesn't want to, whatever. It's kind of hard to gauge what she would want to do because her profile is a little bare and it says she "rarely" drinks. I dunno.

but to be fair, it was my very first contact with her when I said "Maybe we should hang out."

But let's say maybe after date 4, could I then leave her a letter and a rose at her doorstep that she'll see when coming home? Or is that just creepy after just four dates?

Edit: saw you edited your post, I guess I'll wait with the feelings talk. And I won't surprise her with a rose yet.

I can feel I'm really exhausted and hadn't slept for two days until I got five hours sleep earlier today. I'm also afraid of the disco, as I'm already tone-deaf. :/

You shouldn't be afraid of the disco, you already danced and singed at a karaoke bar in front of her and her friends, and that went fine! At the club everybody will be doing his own thing, you don't have to worry about looking stupid or uncoordinated. I'm also mildly socially anxious, and discos are really low on the scale of what agitates me.

If her experience is anything like mine, she probably had that same exchange 50 times. If you guys talked about anything that might make you stand out, mention it. If not, well, you won't lose anything for asking, but don't hold your breath.

RedAssedApe

Banned
You shouldn't be afraid of the disco, you already danced and singed at a karaoke bar in front of her and her friends, and that went fine! At the club everybody will be doing his own thing, you don't have to worry about looking stupid or uncoordinated. I'm also mildly socially anxious, and discos are really low on the scale of what agitates me.

This. It would be different if you were actually going there to pick up on girls. In your particular case she's already impressed with you enough to invite you to go. Most people will probably be inebriated anyways. Just go, have a few drinks and have fun.

Futureman

If her experience is anything like mine, she probably had that same exchange 50 times. If you guys talked about anything that might make you stand out, mention it. If not, well, you won't lose anything for asking, but don't hold your breath.

well in my experience, if they don't want to hang out, they don't respond flat out.

anyways, my profile... i guess you are a chick... so maybe tips? anything stick out bad? http://www.okcupid.com/profile/marvalbert

Futureman

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL.

That chick JUST messaged me. Haha.

I guess since I took 3 days to respond, she figured she would as well. Hehe.

Pachimari

Hmm, I just said no to going to the cinema with her friends, cause I already payed for tickets for me and my friend at the same place, same movie and just 1.5 hours after their showing, so it would be impossible - I think they understand. Anyway, I asked her if she wanna come on over to my place tonight.

Edit: She just said no cause I'll be drunk. So I got to behave at disco tonight.. seriously I'm doomed tonight no matter what blah.

Should I follow this guys disco rules? YouTube. Or maybe this guy?

I'm going to be a wreck. I'm going to bring my earplugs if my ears starts hurting from the loud music.

And I don't think I'm gonna live blog tonight, embarrassed. But it probably depends if I can control my drinking.

If you aren't afraid of making her laugh and looking like a fool, you can follow the first video. Haha. The second video is better, I guess. I've never been to a disco as clubbing is the more popular thing here. If anything, just follow your girl's (or her friends') lead. Not sure how bad of a dancer you are, but most guys are anyways so you have to different routes: look like a fool and maker her laugh, or, just casually moving with the music. If you've seen the movie Hitch you may know what I'm talking about.

Pachimari

I saw Hitch a while ago but don't remember it that well. I guess I'll look at the second clip, but I just can't learn it when I got few hours left. I'll go buy a nice shirt for tonight and then I'll go to the cinema with a friend before disco.

nbraun80

I never realized disco's were still popular. ha But yeah just do what shindoku said, be loose and follow her lead or copy the people around you. If it's like a club people are going to be too drunk to care what some other guy is doing.

Also, remember don't get too tipsy this time. ha A few drinks for some liquid courage is fine, but don't overdo it. You'll do fine. :)

People who only have that they are there "for new friends"....does that necessarily mean they aren't on for dating? I feel like it's unwritten that they are cause alot of people specify "here for friends only"

got another long message. she and I havent done any actual flirting i think, just kind of been getting to know each other and just talking about a lot of different things. i think i may ask her out so we don't run outta shit to talk about by the time that happens lol

Pachimari

Alright I'll just copy the people, but then I got to look at the guys. Maybe I'll drink 2 large glasses of beer and then just soda, hopefully I can behave. I told her I will behave.

nbraun80

People who only have that they are there "for new friends"....does that necessarily mean they aren't on for dating? I feel like it's unwritten that they are cause alot of people specify "here for friends only"

got another long message. she and I havent done any actual flirting i think, just kind of been getting to know each other and just talking about a lot of different things. i think i may ask her out so we don't run outta shit to talk about by the time that happens lol
I'd say if they don't say somewhere that they 'aren't looking for anything right now' then you could message them and see what their kinda open to.

haha Yeah it's probably a good idea to see if she'd like to do something sometime soon so you do have something to talk about on that first date. Have you seen a picture of her yet? Cause didn't you say earlier that she didn't have one cause she was embarrassed.

Also, dolphin's fan brofist. :)

Anastacio said:
Alright I'll just copy the people, but then I got to look at the guys. Maybe I'll drink 2 large glasses of beer and then just soda, hopefully I can behave. I told her I will behave.
ha well you don't have to stare at the other guys, just before you hit the dance floor observe what's going on out there. And good idea with the soda, BEHAVE TONIGHT. ha :)

Pachimari

Yea. I'm really not feeling good about this but I'm gonna go through with it.

I'm already exhausted cause so many things have happened this week.

I just don't like not to be drunk cause then I really don't know what to talk about. I'll get drunk but behave.

Zomba13

Yeah, don't drink too much. You need to behave. Probably just have like 1 or 2 beers an no more alcohol. It's pretty easy to be "I can handle one more, it'll help me loosen up a little more" after each drink and then end up really really drunk.

Pachimari

But I don't know what to talk with people about anymore. Im getting totally blanked out.

I'm gonna drink one bottle of beer before going to the cinema. But I'll behave and reject beer from her friends.

You're right, it's easy to think I can handle one more and then getting drunk. It just feels like she have high expectations but I wanna go there to have fun on my own terms.

I'd say if they don't say somewhere that they 'aren't looking for anything right now' then you could message them and see what their kinda open to.

haha Yeah it's probably a good idea to see if she'd like to do something sometime soon so you do have something to talk about on that first date. Have you seen a picture of her yet? Cause didn't you say earlier that she didn't have one cause she was embarrassed.

Also, dolphin's fan brofist. :)

ha well you don't have to stare at the other guys, just before you hit the dance floor observe what's going on out there. And good idea with the soda, BEHAVE TONIGHT. ha :)

t100397_brofist.jpg

But seriously I hated the pick.

Anyways, yeah I saw a picture, in her initial message to me she said "I can send you a picture if you'd like, I just want to stay anonymous on here because I know some people and it would be kind of embarrassing"

I read her profile and she seems to be pretty similar to me, at least when it comes to the kind of shit we get into and think about. So I figured fuck it, why not and I asked and she sent one. She seems pretty into what I do for a living (violin) and asks me about that a lot. I knew this damn degree was gonna pay off!

Raskett

I'm gonna drink one bottle of beer before going to the cinema. But I'll behave and reject beer from her friends.

Ever heard of the water trick? Its easy. For each drink you have, head to the bar and neck a pint of water (preferably 2).

It works wonders when heading out on big drinking sessions with work colleagues, I don't see why this won't help in your case.

Bottom line - you can drink, but don't get too drunk.

Pachimari

Yea, I'm gonna get water as well.

4 hours left woot. It'll end in disaster but whatever, I'm gonna try have fun. She will probably have like ten friends I haven't met yet. The new guy and all that.

Darklord

Banned
I always hate when you come across a profile, they seem cute, fun, interesting and then one thing utterly ruins it. Like just how I saw one, seemed all good, then noticed in her questions she's like a full on bible goer. "Do you think being gay is a sin? Yes.". Man, one of...those! Another one seemed great but wanted kids very soon. Another said she liked all kinds of music except hates one of the main genres I love. Another refused to date anyone but a born again Christian.

It's always little of the profile but ruins any chance of it working out.

Hylian7

I had an interesting experience this morning involving OKCupid, and it wasn't even involving dating either. It was just the technical part of it. I opened a tab to OKC and suddenly I was not logged in like usual. I tried to log in....no dice! I have my password saved in LastPass, so I know I didn't forget it, but I went ahead and tried the "Forget Password" thing anyway. It sent the email, I clicked the link, it said the LINK EXPIRED. Tried two more times, with the same results. Finally I just put up a support ticket, and literally two seconds later I got an email back from it saying that my password was "weak" which is why it locked me out of my account (bullshit, I had a strong password, and even verified that by this site). The email gave me a link that let me log in with my old password, but "just this once" to change my password. I finally got in, changed the password.

I'm still curious what the fuck actually happened, because I know my password was a strong one. I was Googling around for OKC security breaches but didn't find anything interesting. Anyone else had something like this happen to them?

nbraun80

t100397_brofist.jpg

But seriously I hated the pick.

Anyways, yeah I saw a picture, in her initial message to me she said "I can send you a picture if you'd like, I just want to stay anonymous on here because I know some people and it would be kind of embarrassing"

I read her profile and she seems to be pretty similar to me, at least when it comes to the kind of shit we get into and think about. So I figured fuck it, why not and I asked and she sent one. She seems pretty into what I do for a living (violin) and asks me about that a lot. I knew this damn degree was gonna pay off!

haha...that and the marshall departure and I'd say we're in for another rough season. ha

haha nice to see the degree is paying off, and glad it's going pretty well so far.

Sarye

I had an interesting experience this morning involving OKCupid, and it wasn't even involving dating either. It was just the technical part of it. I opened a tab to OKC and suddenly I was not logged in like usual. I tried to log in....no dice! I have my password saved in LastPass, so I know I didn't forget it, but I went ahead and tried the "Forget Password" thing anyway. It sent the email, I clicked the link, it said the LINK EXPIRED. Tried two more times, with the same results. Finally I just put up a support ticket, and literally two seconds later I got an email back from it saying that my password was "weak" which is why it locked me out of my account (bullshit, I had a strong password, and even verified that by this site). The email gave me a link that let me log in with my old password, but "just this once" to change my password. I finally got in, changed the password.

I'm still curious what the fuck actually happened, because I know my password was a strong one. I was Googling around for OKC security breaches but didn't find anything interesting. Anyone else had something like this happen to them?

what was the password so that that I can verify it? J/K but okcupid (and other dating websites) are pretty terrible in terms of their security. I would not use a main password with them as they seem to store the passwords as plain text. At best, they use a two way encryption which is also a no no.

That wasn't interesting.

Hylian7

what was the password so that that I can verify it? J/K but okcupid (and other dating websites) are pretty terrible in terms of their security. I would not use a main password with them as they seem to store the passwords as plain text. At best, they use a two way encryption which is also a no no.

I never use the same password twice myself, so that definitely wasn't an issue. I should warn my friends I know are on the site then.

In your self summary you mention impeccable English is one of your favourite things. You then proceed to make a list that doesn't begin with a colon but is composed of a bunch of sentence fragments.

... I'd drop the impeccable English bit.

If you're going to nitpick my English, why not point out the sentence I started with a conjunction?

Conversational English is a little more flexible.

Hylian7

So has anyone ever put "will not pay for dinner" on their profile?

I wouldn't. Generally I just pay for dinner if I really like the person, usually they were prepared to pay for their own (taking out a card and everything), and are pleasantly surprised when I offer to pay for it.

If they try to make you pay for it and you never said it was on you, just don't. I think having to many of those "I won't do this, I won't do that, I won't do that" in your profile might be a turn-off. Granted you can have some of them, but don't sound mean about it, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom