• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG!! I'm in line waiting for halo 2!!! It's insane!!!

MrparisSM

Banned
There are over 300 people waiting in line at this ONE EB games!!! I've taken some pics on my phone to post when I get home. :) I'm number 326 and its still 30 minutes til! A guy next to me says he's got a modded xbox and been playing it for 3 weeks, but that he has to get it for multiplayer! He says the game is off da chain!

In case u were wondering I'm typing this on my Sidekick II.

I'm so pumped right now!

thom

MrparisSM said:
There are over 300 people waiting in line at this ONE EB games!!! I've taken some pics on my phone to post when I get home. :) I'm number 326 and its still 30 minutes til! A guy next to me says he's got a modded xbox and been playing it for 3 weeks, but that he has to get it for multiplayer! He says the game is off da chain!

I'm so pumped right now!

off da chain..haha.

*cancels halo 2 preorder

element

what store?

I'm going to the local store just a mile ago from Bungie's offices. I'm taking photos.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
MrparisSM said:

I'm so pumped right now!
*Scrutinizes post for spoilers...* Halo 2 has multiplayer? Thanks for spoiling the surprise for me, MrParis.

Seth C

The Wal-Mart here "lost" their Halo2 boxes for about 30 minutes. Barely made it back before the end of my lunch, but I have Halo 2 LE!

MrparisSM said:
There are over 300 people waiting in line at this ONE EB games!!! I've taken some pics on my phone to post when I get home. :)
are there any hot girls??? Take pics from their asses...its the job the mobile phone cameras were created for!!11

thom

It's 10 pm now.

At my local gamecrazy a Halo tourny is starting right now...tempted to go but I've never played halo against people and don't want to get my ass kick too hard.

Tempted to go just to get out and breathe in some of this Halo ambiance.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I got off from KB Toys at 10:30, by that time there is no way inside the mall. There were a total of 12 people waiting at the Austin, TX Gamestop. I expected to see a lot more...I have no idea why it was such a small turnout.

I was actually locked in when I tried to leave. My manager and I had to go back to the store and call security to let us out. This girl that worked at Gamestop was also trying to get out to dump some empty boxes...take a guess what game use to be in those boxes. :lol

Rhindle

Project Midway said:
are there any hot girls??? Take pics from their asses...its the job the mobile phone cameras were created for!!11
ahahhaa ... more likely none of the 300 people in that line has ever spoken to a "hot girl"

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Cuz and I got our copies. Not gonna play it till tomorrow. Gonna set the 5.1 system up first and play that bitch co-op, baaaaby!

demi

My EB did it so horribly.

There was about 100 people here, and we all had to stand out in the freezing cold as they brought in groups of 10, me being 86. You had to have this paper also, which they neglected to tell me about at all, but there was somebody handing them out so that went smoothly.

It took around an hour's wait but my LE is in possession! Wee!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think I feel just as bad for the mods that have to lock all these Halo 2 topics as I did for the EB guys at the mall tonight. :)

Guess it could have been worse; I got to wait inside the mall instead of out in the cold.

element

there are only like 50 people at the EB by my house. I expected more. I'll to later in the night to see what it is like.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Sometimes there's perks for working in retail.

Store had an employee's only LAN party tonight. Big screen hi-defs all around and open registers for any employee who wanted to purchase the game.

I don't consider myself a huge fan of the original Halo, but I have to tip my hat to Bungie, the multiplayer is incredible.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just swung by my store. all of 3 dudes chilling out front. eb glendora ca, teh suck.

i'll make sure to get pics when i head back out in 40 minutes or so

Even if I was excited for Halo 2 (I have nothing against the game, just not a big FPS fan) you couldn't pay me enough money to be in a line with other idiots who somehow think it's cool to get a game 12:14 in the morning.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
FortNinety said:
Even if I was excited for Halo 2 (I have nothing against the game, just not a big FPS fan) you couldn't pay me enough money to be in a line with other idiots who somehow think it's cool to get a game 12:14 in the morning.

Uhhh...some of us are beyond eager to play the game we've been waiting for for the past 2 years. and picking it up at midnight is not only a way of getting it sooner, but also the only way to get it all week -- since many of us work during the day.

Kon Tiki

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Uhhh...some of us are beyond eager to play the game we've been waiting for for the past 2 years. and picking it up at midnight is not only a way of getting it sooner, but also the only way to get it all week -- since many of us work during the day.

I am sure there is some Eb open to 9pm. Unless you work 9am -9pm, then you suck.

rastex

Banned
Just called my local EB and they *still* have a lineup of about 30-50 people. Guy said they'll be open until 3AM (another 40 mins) so I should head over now if I want a copy. I'm in no rush though, I have such a ridiculous amount work to do so it can wait a couple of days. Good to see it's selling well though ;)

MrparisSM

Banned
Just getting home. Man, what an experience!! It was so cool being with all those fellow fans. Everybody was so pumped. All races and nationalities came out, even a few females! :lol The EBgames did a raffle and gave out 3 games as we wait in line. And then when the last 10 seconds hit we all started counting down at the top of our lungs til 12 o' clock hit! I met all kinds of cool peeps and got their gamer tags to add to my friends list. Videogaming has come such a long way, before I would have never been caught dead doing something like this. A lot of people that were in line with me was telling me their Halo stories. One guy never played games before, but his roommate was always playing Halo and got him hooked on it. And now he's a huge videogame fan and even bigger fan of Halo. There was no one out dressed like Master Cheif or anything, a few people had on Halo shirts and that's all. It was over 300 at this store ALONE. And I'm in small ass Birmingham, AL. It's was quite a site. :) I can't imagine what bigger cities would be like! Also keep in mind that there was a GameStop in the same exact mall and they easily had 200+ waiting in line to receive the game! The bestbuy I work at was getting calls ALL day long asking if we would be open at 12, some co-workers were actually getting very frustrated because every other time the phone rung it was about Halo 2. :lol We're not doing the midnight madness thing, but we're going to open up early tomorrow. I took some pictures for all to see of midnight madness though on my phone. Please forgive the crappy pictures, my phone doesn't take good quality shots. But here you go, I'm gonna boot up Halo 2 and get some game time in before bed! To all that can appreciate my experience and have one of their own to post feel free to comment. All the haters and smack talkers can just fuck off though. I'm in heaven right now. :D

EB games:

HaloEB4.jpg

HaloEB3.jpg

HaloEB2.jpg

HaloEB1.jpg

lexi

Banned
MrparisSM said:
And then when the last 10 seconds hit we all started counting down at the top of our lungs til 12 o' clock hit!

I am picturing this event in my head and all I can see is comedy gold.

Vark

There was only 40 people at my local EB, took 30 minutes, came home played it, bored with it, Half Life 2 here I come :p

My friends and I went to go pick up our pre-order at a local EB games only to find that it was insanely crowded and we'd all rather just sleep. We did, however, roll down the window and ask if they knew if Metriod Prime 2 was in yet, haha

explodet

Lyte Edge said:
I think I feel just as bad for the mods that have to lock all these Halo 2 topics as I did for the EB guys at the mall tonight. :)
They're all too busy playing Halo 2 to do that.

So let's take over the joint while their guard is down and everyone's playing.
Palace coup! What do you say?

MrparisSM said:
And then when the last 10 seconds hit we all started counting down at the top of our lungs til 12 o' clock hit!
:lol :lol :lol :lol

And I'm in small ass Birmingham, AL.
Well no fucking wonder there were so many people at that location. What the fuck else is there to do in AL?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Bristow

Banned
aaaaa0 said:
bungie just showed up at the redmond ebx!

Oh shi dude. Tell em I said they fuckin rock and that Halo 2 is the greatest game of all time. I jizzed on my copy and it doesn't work anymore, but I'm gonna buy 5 more copies cause it's so badass!

Bristow said:
Oh shi dude. Tell em I said they fuckin rock and that Halo 2 is the greatest game of all time. I jizzed on my copy and it doesn't work anymore, but I'm gonna buy 5 more copies cause it's so badass!
Wear a condom

Berto2K

AlphaSnake said:

Ah so the truth comes out that this is the only game worth buying over the last few years on Xbox. :p

Subitai

Bristow said:
What's in your avatar?

Pachinko

The limited edition with its tin case is awesome, too bady its 130 am and I've gotta work at 7 am tommorow. I took a single picture but don't feel like posting it right now. I will say that despite having 2 EB's locally the one in the mall had 200 or maybe even 250 people show up.

john tv

Thanks for posting this. It's really cool to see this kind of excitement out there. :)

Two more days for Japan!

Top Bottom