• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On the Fence: Should I get Fable or Katamari Damacii?

If you're really unsure, go with the cheaper game. You can always get Fable when there's a dead period in the release schedule, and it'll cost less. Plus, it's not going to become rare, and Katamari might.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Katamari Damacy is getting scores better than or just as good as Fable, and Katamari Damacy has $20 USD msrp. I think the choice is painfully clear. :p

And you'll always be able to find Fable in stores, there will be tons of copies around forever. But Katamari Damacy isn't going to be that way. You should buy it now.

thorns

Banned
If you don't buy many games, I think Fable will keep you occupied for much longer than Katamari will.. They're completely different games anyhow so buy what you think you'll enjoy more.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I don't think many stores will be renting Katamari.
Get Katamari now, and then Fable later after a price drop.

Since you obviously have an Xbox and a PS2, you should have more than enough to keep you occupied until a Fable price drop.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Katamari is cheap and obscure, therefore it should be a priority. If you have $70, though, there is no good reason not to get both.

Belfast

Get Katamari. Fuck Fable. OMG, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT. Well, can you roll around a gigantic ball of trash in Fable?! Can you pick up entire islands and clouds and shit?! CAN YOU?!?!?! Sure, in Fable, you can crossdress, but in Katmari, you can pick up COWS.

Your choice is obvious, now go fulfill your civic duty.

Mrbob

You know that rolling into a ball picking up gigantic trash is better than a hacked up promise of a game that once was.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
I cannot believe that so many people want to play a game that has you do nothing but roll around and stick stuff in a ball. Maybe it's great, but my guess is:

Most overrated games of 2004:

1) GTA
2) Katamari Damacii
3) Pandora Tomorrow
4) Ninja Gaiden

I hope that Best Buy gets KD, the clerk totally screwed up and didn’t take the $5 off coupon from me when I got Fable, even though she took $5 off the total, so now I get to use it again since she never scanned it. $15 for absolute quirky goodness will be mine!

918766s001.jpg

WTH? Get Fable!

fable2.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
Screw both, pick up Advance Guardian Heroes. :)

Katamari Damashii >>>>>>> Advance Guardian Heroes

If you really want to play GH, just go grab the Saturn version. The GBA version sucks in comparison...

XBOXgamers just provided solid proof as to why you should get Katamari over Fable by busting out a graphics comparison to sell Fable... ;)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MarkRyan-IGN said:
I cannot believe that so many people want to play a game that has you do nothing but roll around and stick stuff in a ball.
Sometimes the best concepts are the simplest ones.

Mrbob

MarkRyan-IGN said:
And sometimes they're SpongeBob Square Pants equivalents.

And sometimes games are comprised of a bunch of pre release empty promises which never come to fruition.

Matlock

Banned
Get Katamari now. Get Fable later.

The point here is that you can eventually get them both for under the price of the original value of Fable. $20 + $20 = $40 < $50, omg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Mrbob said:
And sometimes games are comprised of a bunch of pre release empty promises which never come to fruition.

...and the few promises that did make it are divided by loading every 20 seconds.

funcojoe

I have put 10 hours into Fable and it's seriously my GOTY year so far. It has the best damn soundtrack ever in a game, graphics are beautiful, the combat is Zela like = very fun. It's the dark mature Zelda I've always wanted.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Mrbob said:
Hey, I'm not upholding Fable (which I haven't played, and have no interest in playing). If I'm going to suggest anything, it's Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner...the best game ever.

But seriously, is there more to Katamari than just rolling around? Are some of us missing something?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
XboxGamers said:
I have no idea how Katamari soundtrack sounds but Fable music is great.
Fable actually does sound really great. But Katamari's soundtrack is something else entirely.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
MarkRyan-IGN said:
Hey, I'm not upholding Fable (which I haven't played, and have no interest in playing). If I'm going to suggest anything, it's Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner...the best game ever.

But seriously, is there more to Katamari than just rolling around? Are some of us missing something?

Finally you start to make sense...

Damn, I still need my own copy of ZOE2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MarkRyan-IGN said:

No.

But seriously, is there more to ZOE 2 than just blowing up big robots? Are some of us just missing something?

(don't get upset, ZOE2 rocks :))

Belfast

Katamari's soundtrack is far better than Fable's, but that's not saying much. Katamari's soundtrack is one of the best VG soundtracks *ever.* Fable's isn't bad, but its par for the course. Its exactly what you'd expect from such a game and we've heard it before, even if it DOES sound good. Katamari uses a wide variety of musical styles, all extremely well-produced, and grin-inducing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I better call Software Etc. to make sure my preorder is going through. They had to make a 'generic' preorder when I went last month because the title wasn't really officially into the system

And Katamari Damacy is only $20. If you have a Fry's, you can get Fable for $35. Why not buy both for nearly the MSRP for one game? If you can that is :p

I don't understand how threads like this can be useful. If it's between a PS2 game and an Xbox game, your answers will obviously be skewed by the people that only own one of the two consoles.

well the cost isn't really the issue. I dont care if I can get both for $50. The problem is time. Plus I almost always buy games right when they come out.

If I wait a few months from now something else will be on my radar. So It's either now or never.

Top Bottom