• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience.
This pacing is normal for One Piece. Most people just don't know it because they marathoned the series through Alabasta, Skypiea and W7/EL.

I imagine forum posts back then going "Luffy's never going to fight Crocodile" or "Luffy's never going to fight Eneru" or "When is Luffy vs Lucci going to end" Oh wait, that last one actually happened.

Disgusting. I hate how people demand instant gratification now. What happened to build-up?

There's nothing wrong with people feeling bored about some chapters. Yes buildup can be nice. But when you get buildup after buildup after buildup you start to want things to speed up a bit.

I enjoyed that last panel with Rebecca and Diamante.
It's also good that they're bringing Sugar back since her devil fruit power is among the most dangerous we've seen in this chapter. I assume she'll have a rematch with Usopp most likely. Robin and Bartolomeo vs. Gladius should also be a good match to see just how powerful Robin has gotten. Overall this was a great chapter and Kanjuro continues to make me laugh.

robox

the post-timeskip redesigns that felt really radical at the time now seems to have settled into being familiar and feel consistent with pre-timeskip design. franky is still the most changed with his new body, but with his old hair, he's recognizably franky. sanji and zoro got new facial features but kept their familiar hairstyles. robin and nami sport different hairstyles but those change from arc to arc anyway. costumes have evolved though, and that's in line with general character design as the series goes along.

Kain

Patience.
This pacing is normal for One Piece. Most people just don't know it because they marathoned the series through Alabasta, Skypiea and W7/EL.

I imagine forum posts back then going "Luffy's never going to fight Crocodile" or "Luffy's never going to fight Eneru" or "When is Luffy vs Lucci going to end" Oh wait, that last one actually happened.

I don't know man, I see a fight, but not the fight. I'm thinking Kyros+Law+King Riku vs Doffy and Luffy fighting someone else because he just doesn't have a personal stake here.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the post-timeskip redesigns that felt really radical at the time now seems to have settled into being familiar and feel consistent with pre-timeskip design. franky is still the most changed with his new body, but with his old hair, he's recognizably franky. sanji and zoro got new facial features but kept their familiar hairstyles. robin and nami sport different hairstyles but those change from arc to arc anyway. costumes have evolved though, and that's in line with general character design as the series goes along.

I love how ridiculously over the top Franky is now.

I want to see Luffy turned into a toy

a badass mecha-Luffy toy form with robo-lasers and rocket fists and Bender-esque extendomatic arms, a form which does not impair him in the slightest

dude's the last fucking character in this series to let being turned into a toy of all things slow him down

plus it'd be a very One Piece thing to do, to have the toy power utterly backfire on a childlike character

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
17 Years of Serialization!

yiwV3UA.jpg

chopper so cute :)
Nami has clothes near her... that's at least a step in the right direction.

Also, trailer for Grand Battle X is up.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
man this was a great chapter. Barto and Robin vs Gladius should be a great fight.

I hope thats going to be the theme this whole arc of multiple good guys teaming up to take on stronger bad guys.

pretty good chapter, but im seriously dying to know what's going on with sanji's group and the big mom pirates. Also is there a break next week for One Piece?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
pretty good chapter, but im seriously dying to know what's going on with sanji's group and the big mom pirates. Also is there a break next week for One Piece?

Everything's on break next week. This was a double issue of Jump, meaning it's off next week.

I like Bleach, its consistently better then Naruto fwiw One Piece is the best though

Another great chapter this week, looks like we'll finally be getting some battles

cntr

Banned
I laughed when reading the beginning of this chapter because someone had complained that "Why didn't Violet use her powers to find Mansherry?".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

a badass mecha-Luffy toy form with robo-lasers and rocket fists and Bender-esque extendomatic arms, a form which does not impair him in the slightest

dude's the last fucking character in this series to let being turned into a toy of all things slow him down

plus it'd be a very One Piece thing to do, to have the toy power utterly backfire on a childlike character

He'd never want to change back, it would be the greatest thing ever.

Zeppu

He'd never want to change back, it would be the greatest thing ever.

I can imagine him protecting Sugar so he won't revert back. It'll suck that we won't have Chopper to watch his amazed reaction though.

I miss Chopper, Brook and Sanji :(

Patience.

Disgusting. I hate how people demand instant gratification now. What happened to build-up?

No patience. Basically people are getting old faster and getting bored quicker, and don't want to wait

I like Bleach, its consistently better then Naruto fwiw One Piece is the best though

Another great chapter this week, looks like we'll finally be getting some battles

Dude i can't believe what he did to
Hitsugaya
, Kubo has balls...

OT:

I'm really expecting Luffy to become a toy now, tbh. Sugar's revenge and all that...

Hitsugaya
, Kubo has balls...

OT:

I'm really expecting Luffy to become a toy now, tbh. Sugar's revenge and all that...

Yep, Kubo kills off his most popular character and brings him back evil, meanwhile Kishi continues to revive dead people in a way that would make Toriyama blush

Astral

Hitsugaya
, Kubo has balls...

OT:

I don't think
Hitsugaya is dead. He was on the verge of death but he was made into a zombie because he's already a Shinigami anyway. He'll be back.

Anyway, Toy Luffy would be FUCKING AWESOME!. Do it Oda.

GG-Duo

Reminds me of how vegeta+goku was turned into the world's strongest piece of chocolate

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Volume 75 cover

8AWE8Z4.jpg

one_piece_volume_75_cover_by_sniraharon-d7unptv.png

Dat Koala
Kyros in color. Nice.

This one doesn't feel as cluttered as the others.

Dugna

Not going to lie though, the guy who's currently getting his but handed to him by Zoro shouldn't really be on a cover....

Dugna

It's Pica
And if you're going to complain about that, complain about all the other villains that got cover exposure http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Chapters_and_Volumes

My complaint wasn't that he's a villain it's more that's so far he's unimportant to anything in the story so far, he just used a flipping bridge for Luffy and others to go up to Flamingo. I even looked over every cover you linked and when any of those Villains were on the cover they were important and actually did something in said Volume.

jercruz

I just want Usopp to fight Sugar in an actual fight...

TBH I wish Sugar would die and her power lost. She's too OP and her power is just too absolute. Sure, Oda-sensei trolled her with Usopp and would probably do it again (maybe with Luffy, who would love his transformation) but her power is just too evil.

demidar

Nah they should keep in absolute powers because that's something that can't be beaten by brute force. Makes things more interesting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Where did you find that?

Someone's been coloring the One Piece chapters, I can't give a link here due to the nature of the website but you really gotta seek them out. Keep in mind not every chapter is done, there are a lot of gaps.

^^^^
Yup

Wow, that's really good for digital coluoring.
Where did you find that?
Some Scanner who is colouring everything from chapter 1-present chapters

the archive is a little wonky though since he/she has some chapters missing from the chronological order
of course he/she does intend to recolour the whole entire thing in the end and I believe so far they have 400-500+ chapters done

this person knows how to colour better then the ones the Jump coloured series that Viz publishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom