• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan13ts

that "are you ready to become princess" last chapter has me worried.

Agreed. I actually had hope for her at first since her introduction showed her "fighting" in a unique way, but that went all out the window the more of her was shown and she became even more useless than every other woman in OP, and that's saying a lot.

I'd be super disappointed if she joined over someone awesome like Bart.

smurfx

get some go again
violet might join law. law is the planner and luffy the muscle. he would make much better use of her abilities than luffy would. besides bonney has the next female strawhat slot wrapped up already.

people who I want to join the straw hats from this arc in order of how much I would enjoy it

Secret #1. Sabo
1. Bartolomeo
2. Cavendish (this will never happen)
3. Bellamy
4. I don't care at this point

Kornflayx

If someone joins the Straw Hats it's normally because they have an ability that is beneficial to their cause. Viola could be with her all-seeing ability, but I don't want to look at every panel trying to differentiate between Robin and Viola. If another female joins, they would need to have a unique design not to clash with other characters too much.

I have Kid's P.O.P coming in this month, don't become fodder damnit! I predict Kid is going to pull out his gamma knife/G4 and push Kaido back....hopefully.

Qurupeke

Bonney for next Strawhat. She apparently doesn't have a crew anymore, she has already shown a liking to the SHs, she has an interesting ability, she could easily have a dream and a sad backstory and she has that glutton quirk.

Chariot

Fuck ratio, seriously they need useful or funny characters.
Rebecca or Violet or nothing of both.

Bonney would be fine but they didn't even meet yet.
I would be all for Oda creating more cool female characters, but he isn't doing a good job for a while now.

Bonney for next Strawhat. She apparently doesn't have a crew anymore, she has already shown a liking to the SHs, she has an interesting ability, she could easily have a dream and a sad backstory and she has that glutton quirk.
Nami is gonna cry if she has to pay fors Luffy AND Bonny at restaurants.

Or Oda switches back to Straw Hats and we don't see them again for the next 2,5 years, trololol

I expect this. Oda is going to show the Kid/Hawkins/Apoo alliance story in the background like Ace. We are going to get tidbits of their story at the end of most arcs. And the consequences of the storm they cause will play out toward the end of the manga.

It'll be like this for all the members of the worst generation. Each are likely to play a major role leading up to the upcoming war.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Why is everyone on the Internet obsessed with Bonney!!! It's never made any sense to me whatsoever. These tiny-ass scenes with her once upon a time and suddenly she's on all these Next Straw Hat lists. Shit, might as well put Urouge on there, he's got just as much of a chance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why is everyone on the Internet obsessed with Bonney!!! It's never made any sense to me whatsoever. These tiny-ass scenes with her once upon a time and suddenly she's on all these Next Straw Hat lists. Shit, might as well put Urouge on there, he's got just as much of a chance.

Something something waifus

Kater

Banned
I still don't get the obession with Bonney, her design and clothes are not that great. :s

And we barely know anything about her but I guess those straight weeb fans of her just create headcanons so that they can fall in love with her more.

those straight weeb fans

image.php

Bonney is great because she has a strong attitude in that she is quick to act and talk strongly. This is not that usual for a female character in One Piece. She is also emotionally honest and funny.

But anyway out of the people in this arc who Luffy was close to probably the only two that qualify for instant invite status are Rebecca and Bellamy. Rebecca doesn't seem likely and honestly I would be happier if Bellamy left the manga and never returned.

Next I would expect to find out whose ship was going to take them to the next island and how many people would want to tag along. I also want to see a meeting between Law and Sengoku.

Veelk

Banned
I don't think there's any female character oda has made that I particularly want to see more of, including Nami. Robin, maybe, since she seems to be the only one interested in advancing the story and figuring out what the void century is. Anyone else us basically just being judged by how much they entertain the reader, sexually or otherwise.

...yeah, I'm going through each arc mentally trying to find one that would help the narrative, but I can't think of anyone. The only interesting ones wouldn't join, like big mom. Otherwise, any major character with their own agency and narrative arc seems to be a dude.

Edit: maybe tashigi, I guess. She's one of the few that actually develops as a character.

Chariot

Now I need a side story were Luffy and Bonnie get lost together in the woods and re-enacted the story of Hansel and Gretel eating away a whole village of sweet witch houses.

RomanceDawn

Bonney certainly has a colorful past and is integrated heavily with the bigger picture I'm sure. Unlike Violet and Rebecca her design doesn't clash with Robin or Nami, that alone beyond any story reason should tell you why they won't be joining. However a big knock against her is her ability. It would be even harder to write full on fights with her than it is for Robin. It's just too good.

When the next crew mate shows up, beyond Jinbe, we'll know. You look at each of the Straw Hats design and you can see just how carefully Oda goes about designing them. When the next member shows up we will just know. When everything is all said and done I do think we'll get another female but I don't think we've seen her yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rebecca, Nami, Robin all have similar stories going on if you think about it. Hell Rebecca is like a days of future past of Vivi; ten years later in Alabasta if Crocodile's plan had gone through and she might be in a similar place.

Also while Rebecca was made to look pretty weak during the second half of this arc it's not like she isn't an interesting fighter. She's got the best observation Haki we've seen since Enel. The no kill gimmick is fun,

Kornflayx

OP re-read fun fact: In chapter 279 Nami calls Luffy "God Eneru's only natural enemy" and in Chapter 764 Corazon says that "The D's are the gods natural enemies"

It's interesting what you find, when you read the story from the beginning

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
OP re-read fun fact: In chapter 279 Nami calls Luffy "God Eneru's only natural enemy" and in Chapter 764 Corazon says that "The D's are the gods natural enemies"

It's interesting what you find, when you read the story from the beginning
image.php

That may be a coincidence, but a cool one nonetheless.

Bonney would be a cool Straw Hat, but she is a little bit OP. Rebecca would be another useless sword user like Brooke was pre-timeskip. Viola seems too serious to be a Straw Hat. I don't think anyone will join this arc. Although I can bet a Straw Hat alliance of sorts will happen, a la Whitebeard and his divisions.

People asking for Bonney are crazy. There is no way that an heavy eater will be accepted by Luffy.

They are the perfect match. Luffy eats the meat and Bonney eats everything else.

People knock Rebecca but she really is a prodigy if you think about it. Her biggest problem is that she ran into people that were too early for her to stand up against like Diamante and Doffy but Luffy would do the same. If Luffy wants to fight an admiral before time skip we see it as him going all out but if Rebecca stands up to Doffy we see it as her being a silly girl.

Bravoexo

The Strawhat Pirates, Fleet.

Sunny Go has Luffy, Nami and Chopper
2nd Ship has Zorro, Robin and Brooke
3rd Ship has Ussop, Sanji and Franky
4th Ship has Jinbei and rest of the Sun Pirates
5th Ship hopefully will be Law and the Hearts Pirates

But then again, Gol. D. Roger only had one ship, so I guess we might only see Sichibukai-level crew add ons.

Taborcarn

I could see a new cover story featuring Bart. The straw hats sneak out without him noticing, and he goes on crazy adventures trying to locate them again.

Rebecca, Nami, Robin all have similar stories going on if you think about it. Hell Rebecca is like a days of future past of Vivi; ten years later in Alabasta if Crocodile's plan had gone through and she might be in a similar place.

Also while Rebecca was made to look pretty weak during the second half of this arc it's not like she isn't an interesting fighter. She's got the best observation Haki we've seen since Enel. The no kill gimmick is fun,

Everyone on this show has a "no kill gimmick", except for Akainu.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I believe he meant "no attacking".
Her whole thing is dodging and avoiding attacks with her Haki.
Kyros never taught her to actually fight.

Had to search the wiki to find out who this Bonney character was. Why would she join the SH?

A lot of the recent chapters are about what the characters called the worst generation are doing. They are all teaming up and picking sides. Bonney is one of the worst generation along with Luffy and Law. After reading the news about Doffy she was proud to be linked to them. This is really current because on this page was the frame before the introduction of Kaidou in terms of timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom