• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I want Shanks to turn up to the tea party/wedding and be like, "I heard there was a party here, where is the food and booze."

tumblr_nl18i9zvS31u32fzmo2_r1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If any strawhat were to die I would be legit depressed
I don't think I'd mind if Chopper died.

Call me heartless, but he's always been the least interesting/most annoying main character by a long shot. Best thing he ever did was go Godzilla in Enies Lobby. He never lived up to it again.

Genryu

Banned
I'm torn on whether or not I want to see Buggy get stronger or if I want him to stay the exact same as he has always been but still somehow become a Yonkou or King of the Pirates.

Probably the latter.

Big One

Banned
I will say One Piece is basically the cornerstone of chill dudes being extreme badasses in shonen anime. Rayleigh is of the same fold. Then on the flipside you got pure badasses like Whitebeard.

Jigolo

I don't think I'd mind if Chopper died.

Call me heartless, but he's always been the least interesting/most annoying main character by a long shot. Best thing he ever did was go Godzilla in Enies Lobby. He never lived up to it again.

He's like the baby of the crew

Best thing he did was go monster point in Sabaody. he earned my respect after that.

that scene with the anime soundtrack was fucking great

EDIT: It's actually one of my favorite scenes in the whole anime. It's just fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0HDMwMEq1Y

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I will say One Piece is basically the cornerstone of chill dudes being extreme badasses in shonen anime. Rayleigh is of the same fold. Then on the flipside you got pure badasses like Whitebeard.

I for one.... Want a movie or something.

One Piece: The Rise of Whitebeard.

I mean... I need to know how this man became a beast

smurfx

get some go again
I'm torn on whether or not I want to see Buggy get stronger or if I want him to stay the exact same as he has always been but still somehow become a Yonkou or King of the Pirates.

Probably the latter.
i want buggy to become a poor man's emperor. he will get a ton of pirates allied with the other emperors once they get defeated. you think buggy might get invited to the tea party? seems like the kinda guy big mom might invite just to get him under control in case he gets more powerful. plus it would be fun to have luffy and buggy interact again.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Guys, I'm losing my sleep ever since I read Oda's explanation for Sanji's eyebrows.

There are some things you just shouldn't know or it will haunt you.

Ray Down

Banned
I don't know what sadder:
-No One Piece this week
-BvS review situation
-My continuing disinterest in Toriko
-Or the fact I expected Bleach to be decent this week.

Ray Down

Banned
lol

out of curiosity, why?

My hope was that it wouldn't just turn into another fight for Ken and Captain Jobber and Nii-san Bishi would actually participate in the fight. But it looks like that hope is getting dimmer.

I don't even hate Ken but this guy had 2 major fights this arc (one of them being one of the worse in the series) and participated in 2 others.

bjork

Bleach had Yoroichi running around basically naked and we finally saw Urahara's bankai. It's like he started trying hard to be popular and get attention.

Probably more like the editors going "look Kubo, you said this was the last arc. But you didn't say it was going to be like 70 years long. We've got to have space for all these new HxH chapters we're getting, so you better do something big to keep your spot."

Ogodei

I may be late on this, but do y'all think that "kill the shogun and open the borders" is some sort of broad allegory to the Meiji Restoration?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I may be late on this, but do y'all think that "kill the shogun and open the borders" is some sort of broad allegory to the Meiji Restoration?

Absolutely. I imagine the Strawhats showing up is going to be a bit like Admiral Perry and the Black Ships.

Meiji Restoration was about getting rid of the shogun in order to close the borders not open them. The movement was called, "revere the emperor, expel the barbarians." They did want to modernise but mostly because they felt they had to be able to stand up to the foreigners.

Shanks might be my favorite anime character. He's so likable, despite being one of the strongest men in the world.

76430.jpg

I hope we learn a lot more about him and his crew, eventually. His scar from Blackbeard should be an epic flashback!

I also like how he's been subtly aging throughout the series.

i like you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom