• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors |OT| Gomu Gomu no Musou

YGRkm.png

AiZb4.jpg

qgC8I.png

This follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a young boy who accidentally eats the Gum-Gum Fruit and organizes a diverse crew of pirates called the Straw Hats to search for the titular treasure. On his journey, Luffy makes several new friends, and battles a wide variety of villains.

BANlG.png

Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Developer: Tecmo Koei and Omega Force
Platform: PS3
Genre: Action/ Hack and Slash/ Beat 'em Up/ Musou
Release Dates:
JP: March 01, 2012
EU: September 21, 2012
USA: September 25, 2012
Formats: Retail Release in JP and EU. PSN only in USA.
Ratings:
CERO: B
PEGI: 12
Price:
USA: 50 dollars!

25hCr.png

3 Modes:
Main Log, Adventure Log and Challenge Log
  • Main Log: Story Mode that follows the original story. Mostly told through Luffy's perspective. Features both Adventure Stages which are more platforming and Warriors Stages that are more Musou-like.
  • Adventure Log: Story mode for the other playable characters.
  • Challenge Log: Fight against endless amounts of enemies including bosses. Rankings are posted online.
Multiplayer: Both offline split-screen co-op and online co-op available.
DLC: Upcoming Downloadable Content featuring new stages and new costumes for characters.

zzIHT.png

ligPM.png

1FSGz.png

Launch Trailer
Luffy Against Pacifista
Zoro And Mihawk
Set Sail For Adventure!

1KEHb.png

Famitsu - 36/40
More to follow.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hell yeah. Been looking forward to this for a long time.

Any US player that's importing from UK should stop, getting the PSN version would likely bring more One Piece games over since they've skipped over SO MANY. It would also mean getting a hard copy of it in the US.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in. Not a big fan of Musou games, but I'm very excited about playing a decent One Piece game. Until what arc does this go through?

Akito

I couldn't decide between the standard version and the CE so both were shipped to me today D:
28 quids for for game only or 90 for the CE, decision decision.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
It covers all the major arcs expect Skypedia and Thriller Bark up to basically the pre-time skip.

Strange, one of the gameplay videos show stuff from just before
Fishman Island
. It would be great to play the with all the straw hats
post time skip

Strange, one of the gameplay videos show stuff from just before Fishman Island. It would be great to play the with all the straw hats after
the 2-year time skip

Oh, I believe there are some stuff in that part, like the Tutorial and probably some character's stories or whatever.

SykoTech

vGYFU.gif

Great |OT|. Even got the title I liked the most too.

Please don't be $60 though. I won't have enough for both this and Jet Set Radio HD if so. :(

LaneDS

I live in the U.S. and would like to import a Euro copy, so does anyone have any recommended retailers for that sort of thing?

I'm importing the Collector's Edition from France, will put some photo of it when I receive it, if someone has uploaded their own pics I won't bother. What's a good image server that requires no account and isn't banned by Neogaf XD?
Edit: I'll leave it be lol.

LiK

what EU online stores have the CE? having a hard time googling it.

edit: nm, just a ship toy. don't really care for it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow really? This a joke or are you serious.

Considering it took 13 years to get to the second half of the Grand Line, and how it's speculated that
a great war will break out once One Piece is found
and in the manga they're currently
on the first island of the New World
, it's going to be a looooooooong time before it finishes up. 10 years? I suspect MUCH longer.

remz

Nami's tits look weird. Everyone else looks fantastic. I'm not the biggest Musou fan but I love One Piece. Definitely picking this up.

dellingr

I received it yesterday and have played it quite a bit. I was expecting it to play like a typical Musou game but I have been pleasantly surprised but how unique each level is with things like platforming and mini missions etc. I'm really enjoying how it's just pure fun.

One thing that bugs me though is that many of the bosses are ridiculously challenging regardless of which difficulty you play on though. Then again, maybe I just suck at this game.

Tizoc

^Nah only
Crocodile and Wapol
gave me trouble, but I beat them in the end. The game isn't that hard on Normal.

how deep is the combat? Or do you just mash square and triangle at dudes that just hang around?

There are various combo attacks each character has and unlocks, it's just fun to unleash the many attacks you've seen in the anime and manga upon hapless pirates or Marine soldiers.
There are some irritating enemies though.

So far my main gripes are QTEs, the R2 command and the camera. The latter isn't a big problem though but at least QTEs could've been done without.

I MUST buy this game, but I have no time now. Hopefully this won't become a rare game. I'm a huge One Piece fan -- I own all the books -- and can't wait to play this.

Here are a bunch of more reviews, by the way: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/one-piece-pirate-warriors/critic-reviews. Average review scores, but I don't mind, Unlimited Cruise was amazing and it got average review scores. These games are all about fan service.

It covers all the major arcs expect Skypedia and Thriller Bark up to basically the pre-time skip.

No Thriller Bark? That's a shame, as it's one of my favourite parts, but oh well.

pants

Pre-ordered this a while back for today, but due to retailer shenanigans I will have it later next week :/

I MUST buy this game, but I have no time now. Hopefully this won't become a rare game. I'm a huge One Piece fan -- I own all the books -- and can't wait to play this.

Here are a bunch of more reviews, by the way: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/one-piece-pirate-warriors/critic-reviews. Average review scores, but I don't mind, Unlimited Cruise was amazing and it got average review scores. These games are all about fan service.

No Thriller Bark? That's a shame, as it's one of my favourite parts, but oh well.

You do realize the game will be on PSN correct?

You do realize the game will be on PSN correct?

Yeah, I know, but I'd rather get the retail version (Europe is getting it retail, in case you didn't know). I'm a collector you see, and I also prefer having a game on disc rather than PSN. Also, I've had a lot of bad experiences with the PS Store.

Yeah, I know, but I'd rather get the retail version (Europe is getting it retail, in case you didn't know). I'm a collector you see, and I also prefer having a game on disc rather than PSN. Also, I've had a lot of bad experiences with the PS Store.

I did and I normally would, but at this point I want to support the US release so that we see more US OP games. While the PS3 is region free 3DS/WiiU/etc are not and I don't want to get hosed on more OP titles.

Reknoc

I didn't realise this was out today, wont be able to get it until next week or so T-T

I did import it and it's... a rather interesting game for a warriors game.

I would really expect $50 on psn if I were you guys. If you think its going to be any cheaper, you may find yourself disappointed.

Top Bottom