• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors |OT| Gomu Gomu no Musou

I do NOT want to cheer on higher game prices, but for this game, I think it makes business sense to shoot for $50 and not $40.

Bamco know this game won't break records in the western world; at the same time, they recognize that the niche fanbase will REALLY want to buy it, even if it's at an unreasonable price.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I do NOT want to cheer on higher game prices, but for this game, I think it makes business sense to shoot for $50 and not $40.

Bamco know this game won't break records in the western world; at the same time, they recognize that the niche fanbase will REALLY want to buy it, even if it's at an unreasonable price.

Funny as hell if it sells very well in the US

I hope there will be a demo

Wapol can bite me as far as bosses are concered. If this was Ken's Rage grab and throw I might get somewhere but this is taking too long to grab things before he gets me.

Tell me about it I lost maybe 5 times before I beat him =_=.

These guys are right, I just beat him and when it comes down to it Wapol doesn't piss around, handed me my first three deaths.
I also barely remember any of the arc this bit was based on, I don't think i've ever viewed it out of its oh so wonderful 4kids interpretation many years ago nor did I go back and read it when I started following the manga.

Anyway as for the game itself, I picked it up on a sudden impulse even though I'm lukewarm on musou games and while I enjoy One Piece I never considered myself a big fan or anything, even so this game is enjoyable enough so I expect it will certainly please most of the people here when they get their hands on it.
In all seriousness I came across this thread, saw playable Jinbei in the opening post and was like "okay, i'll look into this".
The adventure/action stages are okay so far but a bit too many quick time event styled "platforming" to fill out the actual stage length that can get a bit tiresome, that said I appreciate the effort to add variety and mix things up from simply wailing on enemies which I might add is mighty satisfying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PSN is getting all my money this week.

One Piece, Tokyo Jungle, AND Hell Yeah. Wish they would discount One Piece for PSN+ as well, but they won't.

Gonna wait a bit on DoA5. Still messing around with Tekken Tag 2. Little Kings Story would be a must, if I had a Vita. :B

Thankfully, the rest of the year won't be too nuts for me, so maybe I can save up a grab a Vita. Ragnarok comes out in a couple of weeks and that's one of those titles that just might push my hand in getting one.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fuck, I'm somewhat low on funds so I may not be able to get this day one. Hopefully next week.

BatDan

Almost none of the audience want dubs, though.

I do...
Just common courtesy to include a dub. Plus, Funimation does a really good job.
Sadly, a lot of people STILL think 4Kids does the dub. Even though Funi has been behind it for FIVE YEARS now.

SykoTech

I would have liked a dub too. Would have made it easier to get my family into.

Oh well. Maybe next game, now that Funimation has really got the ball rolling with the dub.

LaneDS

You could always check out zavvi.com . Some people have had good experiences with them but I hit the crap service lotto. I ordered Xenoblade from them and it only took 2 months to arrive! -_-

Hm, might try that. Or I might be totally impatient and go the PSN route tomorrow. Thanks either way!

BatDan

As kassatsu stated in the PS Store update thread, this game will be 50 dollars. Go, go, Namco!

Sounds like I'll be getting it later rather than now. Hopefully it will be enough to show Namco that people want One Piece games in NA.

Imagine if 4Kids still had the One Piece license for English dubs. Personally fine with it just being in Japanese. That's how I tend to play my Naruto and Bleach games too.

why-would-you-post-something-like-that.jpg

BatDan

Imagine if 4Kids still had the One Piece license for English dubs. Personally fine with it just being in Japanese. That's how I tend to play my Naruto and Bleach games too.

Ugh, never again. I vastly prefer having Krillin-Usopp over Puberty-Clown-Usopp (that's what Jason Griffith sounded like to me when doing that voice).

One complaint I've about Funi's dub is how they "sound too much like other characters". Well, that's just how voice actors work, they can sometimes reuse voices.
This complaint can be applied to the Japanese version as well (Mayumi Tanaka uses her Krillin voice for Luffy, Ikue Ohtani is just Pikachu if he said more than his name, and Kazyua Nakai does the exact same voice for Date Masamune). It's like complaining that Jake from Adventure Time sounds too much like Bender from Futurama.

I'm still amazed by how accurate the dialogue, music, and...well everything is about that. Dude must've worked for 4kids or something.

But yeah, I'd watch too. While it was a terrible rendition of the actual show, it was pretty hilarious when looked at as a parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBy0Fb0WYI

How something can be so bad and good at the same time amazes me. It basically ruined OP for America, but I still go out of my way to watch it sometimes due to how much the stupid puns and edits make me laugh. Here's one: Zoro's Chicken Ways.

Top Bottom