• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors |OT| Gomu Gomu no Musou

Nif

Really sucks that NA doesn't get a retail version, especially after seeing that Sunny collector's edition.

Really sucks that NA doesn't get a retail version, especially after seeing that Sunny collector's edition.

I think it's a really weak special edition. All you get is the game and a ship replica, the later of which you should be able to find in America. The Japanese got an art book and a soundtrack CD amongst some other goodies if I remember correctly.

Game is really fun. It's great to play a good One Piece game for a change. Any One Piece fan should pick this game up. It's a blast.

Only real issue I have with the game is the sound. It's quite low and not the proper sound effects or music (at least so far). Also the characters chat when you're in the middle of battle, so you can't read what they are saying at the same time.

But it's so enjoyable pulling off cool combos from the show and seeing Luffy's special moves for real.

I dont know, at most I see it for 39.99, its not even durbbed, so how could they justify 49.99.

Well, everyone is basing the 50 dollar price off Koei's last PSN only title, Warriors Orochi 3 which was also 50 dollars and undubbed.

I would rather see it for 40 since it does seem to have less content than WO3, but 50 would be ok if it becomes the standard for the future Musou games.

Tizoc

Well almost done with Luffy's Log, anyone know of an easier way to unlock Coins?
Gonna try online tonight with a friend.
The game (or rather Luffy's Log) sort of feels short with how they omitted various arcs =/ (It's still a fun game though)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's no manga chapter next week, so this will fill my need for One Piece.

If there's a sequel, hopefully it includes Skypiea and Thriller Bark. As well as adding Fishman Island and
Punk Hazard

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
There's no manga chapter next week, so this will fill my need for One Piece.

If there's a sequel, hopefully it includes Skypiea and Thriller Bark. As well as adding Fishman Island and
Punk Hazard
Has
Punk Hazard
been better than Fishman Island? I stopped reading because Fishman got so boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doesn't select do Zoro's bandanna too? that's how the Basara games always handled that stuff.

I want playable villains for the sequel. and Toriko

Ban Puncher

Had the opportunity to get the collectors edition but it cost three times as much as the game on it's own. The Thousand Sunny models are available elsewhere and would be cheaper to buy that and the game separately than the CE itself.

Game is hella fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guarantee you they're working on a sequel to this game though. Mostly because they didn't do near as much DLC for this than something like Warriors Orochi 3 or DW 7

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Really looking forward to this game, but I'm also really behind on the anime. By the time it comes out next week, I'll only be able to play through the CP9 story, to avoid spoilers.

Conan-san

Wapol can bite me as far as bosses are concered. If this was Ken's Rage grab and throw I might get somewhere but this is taking too long to grab things before he gets me.

Tizoc

Wapol can bite me as far as bosses are concered. If this was Ken's Rage grab and throw I might get somewhere but this is taking too long to grab things before he gets me.

Tell me about it I lost maybe 5 times before I beat him =_=.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Yes. But Fishman Island gets good too. I don't find One Piece boring though so...
One Piece can drag when Oda keeps hitting you over the head with a theme. For Fishman Island it was
the discrimination of fish people. They also talked over and over again about the queen's death.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Tell me about it I lost maybe 5 times before I beat him =_=.

Wapol is actually difficult? Now that's just weird.
It does sound like this game is better than Ken's Rage so that's good.

One Piece can drag when Oda keeps hitting you over the head with a theme. For Fishman Island it was
the discrimination of fish people. They also talked over and over again about the queen's death.

Let's be fair here,
she was a queen. The death of a royal figure is kind of important. Like how Princess Diana died and news stories about that went on for years and years and years.

I will say, Oda didn't even try to be subtle about the discrimination and racism themes. Like seeing the New Fishman Pirates as KKK members.

The wait until Tuesday is really busting me up. I wish I could go to bed tonight, wake up and it be Tuesday evening. :B I'm guessing we won't know the price until it's up for purchase.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The wait until Tuesday is really busting me up. I wish I could go to bed tonight, wake up and it be Tuesday evening. :B I'm guessing we won't know the price until it's up for purchase.

HAhaah psn on an evening. Yeah right. They only got it right last week because of Borderlands.

HAhaah psn on an evening. Yeah right. They only got it right last week because of Borderlands.

Heh. I remember when WO3 was released on PSN and it was only available through the search function at the time. Had to wait several hours for it to download. I finally said screw it and went to bed. Got up the next day before work to get in some levels and when I turned on the tv I was faced with a network error. Slowest day of work ever.

Astral

So this is pretty much Dynasty Warriors: One Piece right? Meaning it's fun for a couple of hours but then gets repetitive as hell? I'm not bashing anyone who likes these games, it's just how I feel about them.

Reknoc

So this is pretty much Dynasty Warriors: One Piece right? Meaning it's fun for a couple of hours but then gets repetitive as hell? I'm not bashing anyone who likes these games, it's just how I feel about them.

For the main story its not quite a musou game, though there are some levels that are that style it's largely like a sort of platformer, only with a lot of QTE platforms.

In many ways it's like an evolution of Ken's Rage to use the musou engine to make a more "structured" beat'emup-like like.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I watched the trailers and noticed that all of the voices are in Japanese. Are there any English voices at all?

What are the chances this game is $39.99+ on PSN? 40 seems a bit much, I always pictured this game sitting nicely at $29. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

What are the chances this game is $39.99+ on PSN? 40 seems a bit much, I always pictured this game sitting nicely at $29. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Sadly, I'm leaning towards $50, as Warriors Orochi 3 was $50 at release. I would honestly be
happily
surprised if it launched at $40 or below.

LaneDS

Figure asking again can't hurt:

If I'm in the U.S. and want to buy the European version online, what are some sites I should be looking at? I'd like to have a physical copy I can mail to a buddy once I finish it.

Figure asking again can't hurt:

If I'm in the U.S. and want to buy the European version online, what are some sites I should be looking at? I'd like to have a physical copy I can mail to a buddy once I finish it.

You could always check out zavvi.com . Some people have had good experiences with them but I hit the crap service lotto. I ordered Xenoblade from them and it only took 2 months to arrive! -_-

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would it be under 50? Its a full retail title. they'll do 50 rather than 60 for digital. font know why it would be different

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
as most people an tell, I love me some One Piece.

Still disappointed its not a physical release in the states tbh.

Will still play it though

Sqorgar

Banned
You could always check out zavvi.com . Some people have had good experiences with them but I hit the crap service lotto. I ordered Xenoblade from them and it only took 2 months to arrive! -_-
Why did it take 2 months? Was it the shipping or did they just sit on the order for that long? I just ordered One Piece from there and it has shipped. Just wondering if I have two months to go before I get it.

Jubern

Yup. If you think not having voices in your language for once means its not worth the full price, then think about how that has been a everyday reality for any non-English or Japanese speaker, for years and years (with exceptions like CoD I guess)...

MrBeggar

have fun grinding the last couple of coins... for the 100%

It was the only thing that kept me from loving this game more.

Why did it take 2 months? Was it the shipping or did they just sit on the order for that long? I just ordered One Piece from there and it has shipped. Just wondering if I have two months to go before I get it.

They sat on the order a little over a month, then took about a month to arrive. I've heard if you get the shipping upgrade you're generally always golden.

Dartastic

If this game is a reasonable price, I will likely be yelling/singing this tomorrow while downloading/installing the game.

ARE DAKENO UME WO, KAKE ATSUMEEEEEE SAGASHI MONO WA SAGASHI NI YUKU NO SAAAAAA! POKETO NO COIN, SORETO YOU WANNA BE MY FRIENDDDD... WE ARE, WE ARE ON THE CRUUUUUUUUUUISE.. WE ARE!

...I don't even speak any Japanese. I've just seen that theme song a million times. AND I STILL LOVE IT.

Top Bottom