• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Piecake

I really hope they do a One Piece abridged version like DBZ once its all done. I really felt like the pacing went to shit around the Enies Lobby arc and it really hurt my enjoyment of the show. Havent really watched it closely since. Still liking the manga though (though flashbacks can suck it)

Flashback is almost over (anime) and the manga just got out of one too. Im really excited to see the progress each character made after the time skip.

Anth0ny

Gonaria said:
I really hope they do a One Piece abridged version like DBZ once its all done. I really felt like the pacing went to shit around the Enies Lobby arc and it really hurt my enjoyment of the show. Havent really watched it closely since. Still liking the manga though (though flashbacks can suck it)

One Piece Kai is pretty much inevitable. I mean, DBZ is 291 episodes. One Piece is 500 so far, and it's reached DBZ's level of popularity (arguably surpassed it).

Watching Enies Lobby forward with proper pacing will be awesome. Can't wait til 2025.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I haven't watched the anime in a few weeks. This flashback never really got my attention. The manga's current pace hasn't exactly been stellar either. Maybe I'm just growing out of this? :<

Anth0ny said:
One Piece Kai is pretty much inevitable. I mean, DBZ is 291 episodes. One Piece is 500 so far, and it's reached DBZ's level of popularity (arguably surpassed it).

Watching Enies Lobby forward with proper pacing will be awesome. Can't wait til 2025.

But when would they even do a One Piece modified version if the anime is still going? Cant really focus on both simultaneously.

Dedication Through Light said:
But when would they even do a One Piece modified version if the anime is still going? Cant really focus on both simultaneously.

I'd rather them do that then make filler episodes. Upgrade them to HD and have the animation look like Water 7 throughout the series and I would be one happy camper.

Anth0ny

Ah, I still need to catch up. Three episodes behind.

Same. This flashback has been drawn out like crazy in the anime, fucking boring as hell. Manga version was perfect... 13 chapters I think.

Maron

Anth0ny said:
Same. This flashback has been drawn out like crazy in the anime, fucking boring as hell. Manga version was perfect... 13 chapters I think.

For many people they have the exact opposite feelings regarding the anime's take on Luffy's childhood. :p

upandaway

I love how they're handling the flashback. The Dragon scene was awesome.

Just learn to accept the pacing or don't even bother to watch it, because it'll only be painful.

Wow I cant believe I put off watching 500-502. All three episodes were pretty intense once that random filler stuff was over. Emotional too and I finally got to see Dragon in the anime! Cool voice! I like how we got so much time with Sabo, really made him a compelling character that the manga couldnt deliver in his short time.

upandaway

Wow I cant believe I put off watching 500-502. All three episodes were pretty intense once that random filler stuff was over. Emotional too and I finally got to see Dragon in the anime! Cool voice! I like how we got so much time with Sabo, really made him a compelling character that the manga couldnt deliver in his short time.
You didn't watch Dragon's first appearance in the anime?
Go ahead and watch the Loguetown finale now, then, I really liked it in the anime.

upandaway said:
You didn't watch Dragon's first appearance in the anime?
Go ahead and watch the Loguetown finale now, then, I really liked it in the anime.

I only started One Piece anime at middle of Impel Down. Ive been buying on discs and just finished Arlong Park, I cant remember chronology, but I guess Loguetown is very soon. Hm, I wonder what his dub voice is.

---
Ep 503: Dadan was amazing, new level of respect for her! This arc has taught me that I would never want to live in One Piece's world of social injustice. Those comments in 502 about the people should have chose to be born nobles, and this one with commoners was just anger inducing, and at the cost of a kid. It even brought me to tears.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Really good episode this week. One of the best in the arc by far. Glad we're ending the Sabo Arc strong in the anime.

Should be back to present day by the end of the next episode.

zlatko

Banned
So are we supposed to believe Sabo died? I still feel like now Luffy will run into him later on in the show, and he'll be working with Dragon or something to fuck some Celestial Dragons up.

zlatko said:
So are we supposed to believe Sabo died? I still feel like now Luffy will run into him later on in the show, and he'll be working with Dragon or something to fuck some Celestial Dragons up.

Unless I see a dead body, then I never believe that any character in major anime series are dead.

Steroyd

zlatko said:

Pell.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
MetatronM said:
Really good episode this week. One of the best in the arc by far. Glad we're ending the Sabo Arc strong in the anime.

Should be back to present day by the end of the next episode.

So by 505 do you think we'll hit the
time jump?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A Human Becoming said:
So by 505 do you think we'll hit the
time jump?
There's still 8 chapters of manga content left before that. Some of which I'm pretty certain Toei will try to pad out a bit.

515 or so is much more likely for that.

Uchip

Banned
man
I really want to see the anime after the flashback arc
It just doesnt interest me after already having read it (unless they made it really good)

zlatko

Banned
So yeah after this episode we learn that obviously Sabo isn't dead, because Dragon brought him to his crew, which is exactly what I thought was going to go down.

The flashback/filler stuff didn't bug me at all. I enjoyed all but probably one of the episodes, and when compared to other animes that try to do padding, it was light years ahead in being great to watch. I mean every single episode of Naruto Shippuden as of late has been nothing but 8 minutes of new content, and 22 minutes of flash back to the same shit you have seen 20394820 times already, and it'll even do the same flash back sequences in the same fucking episode. My brain wants to implode watching that show sometimes.

Excited as hell now for where the series for OP goes, because Luff is as big as you can get after everything that's happened, and when the crew does get back together, I wonder if they can get into their old shenanigans as easily anymore.

was I the only one relived to see the 7 years later on the screen? I liked how they linked the past up to luffy ending up with just that barrel. Theres also the fact that he mentions Sabo the last time and never again (but he never really mentioned ace).

Uchip

Banned
zlatko said:
So yeah after this episode we learn that obviously Sabo isn't dead, because Dragon brought him to his crew, which is exactly what I thought was going to go down.

The flashback/filler stuff didn't bug me at all. I enjoyed all but probably one of the episodes, and when compared to other animes that try to do padding, it was light years ahead in being great to watch. I mean every single episode of Naruto Shippuden as of late has been nothing but 8 minutes of new content, and 22 minutes of flash back to the same shit you have seen 20394820 times already, and it'll even do the same flash back sequences in the same fucking episode. My brain wants to implode watching that show sometimes.

Excited as hell now for where the series for OP goes, because Luff is as big as you can get after everything that's happened, and when the crew does get back together, I wonder if they can get into their old shenanigans as easily anymore.

interesting considering that anime only run for 20 minutes (minus the intro/outro) :p

Anteater

Maybe I'm really late to this but is there a reason why Heart Pirates and Bellamy seems to use a similar logo for the pirate crew?

Heart Pirate's logo:
lhRZB.png

Bellamy Pirates
tFcO1.png

I've been curious because a smilar logo appears when they first shown White Beard (upside down):

hzrYn.jpg

Dadan always gets me so emotional. The tears. Im just so glad were done with Luffy looked so weak and helpless, definitely is just plain unlikeable in this state.

But those are the subbed voices of the crew?! It sounds so awkward to me, Im so used to their dubbed, voices, wow, especially Zoro and Sanji.

Top Bottom