• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

bjork

Wound up with 11 Picas total from natural stamina, but I didn't feed them yet since he gets another socket when he evolves.

I spent a little bit feeding dupe fodders and whatnot to boost/socket them, and then realized I haven't evolved almost any of the colo characters. I need to really get on that. Also need ot get *a* Whitey Bay from the current FN, she hasn't shown up for me yet.

Also, seeing a zombie strat for a forest makes me finally want to go run them for real. I've still only done the coffin boat one, after all this time.

Majukun

Wound up with 11 Picas total from natural stamina, but I didn't feed them yet since he gets another socket when he evolves.

I spent a little bit feeding dupe fodders and whatnot to boost/socket them, and then realized I haven't evolved almost any of the colo characters. I need to really get on that. Also need ot get *a* Whitey Bay from the current FN, she hasn't shown up for me yet.

Also, seeing a zombie strat for a forest makes me finally want to go run them for real. I've still only done the coffin boat one, after all this time.

I still need a friend fn brook with 5 bind sockets for that...until that (or next event when i can socket story zoro) i'm trying a fujitora team but failing

Hana-Bi

Finished Doffy forest. Didn't know that Machvise will paralyze the same three units for 99 turns every three turns so that was quite the handicap for stage 19... Stage 20, the next almost fail. With the paralyzed unit I only had 3 units who could attack and get the Corazon heal bonus. Problem was that I attacked with only unit with a "good" the others were perfects out of habit. Luckily with the Sun pirate ship + auto heal level 5 I had 200 hp more than 30% of my total hp to survive...

Maxed the ship with only 4 failures. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My JPN ID - Quote

If anyone wants to add me - just running G4/Sabo/FreeLaw right now.

screenshot_2017-05-13e2jj5.png

Need to rank up a bit though...lol.

Finished Doffy forest. Didn't know that Machvise will paralyze the same three units for 99 turns every three turns so that was quite the handicap for stage 19... Stage 20, the next almost fail. With the paralyzed unit I only had 3 units who could attack and get the Corazon heal bonus. Problem was that I attacked with only unit with a "good" the others were perfects out of habit. Luckily with the Sun pirate ship + auto heal level 5 I had 200 hp more than 30% of my total hp to survive...

Maxed the ship with only 4 failures. :)

Grats - guess you have all ships maxed again heh.

MANUELF

Banned
Finally did my first Chaos colloseum against Rebecca, she was very easy, now Im tring against Kinemon but didnt know Ricky silenced two units and he silenced my class booster and orb booster, he killed me :(

bjork

I still need a friend fn brook with 5 bind sockets for that...until that (or next event when i can socket story zoro) i'm trying a fujitora team but failing

The only forest that I know I have the right team for is WB, and I've run it a handful of times and always whiffed due to blowing G3's ability, but I've never truly beaten my head against it. All the forests after that, I ran 1 time each and quit out, so it wouldn't say "new" on the story map.

I don't expect any of them to be easy, unless they can all be done with DEX BB.

cw_sasuke

Thanks and yep, lol. At least we are getting the new Sunny soon too. :)

So what other units do you have on japan? That max skilled G4 is ace. :)

Yeah thanks - just wanted to try out G4 for a bit.
He is a kickass unit but TS Luffy is probably the better Captain overall - especially early on with all the Fee Sprit units, maybe i will "downgrade" him after the 3YAnni Ship is gone. I started this Acc with G4, Usopp and Sabo.

Thats the one i made right befor the Sugo started and i recieved the 50 free Gems...but i will never play/use this one....so if anyone is interested - 5 Legends, not the worst start.

*not visible on the screen TS Brook, TS Usopp,

EMT0

Banned
Hah, my prediction was correct. My second attempt at the Aokiji forest ended similarly to my first on stage 19, where I realized 'Oh, it's a 30% trigger, not a 20% trigger' on Sengoku's nuke. Third attempt, I destroyed Sengoku easy peasy and went on to clear Aokiji with zero trouble. I think I'm going to give Enel's forest a quick run and see how far I get with zero planning with the same team:

w1raBdt.png

EDIT: Went to burn my accumulated stamina, Wapol drops another money bag. Fuck :'(

And.....yup. Enel forest down on the second attempt using the same team. It's too good, lol. Let's find out if I can go 3 for 3 on Jinbe's forest.

Thank you! I did indeed go 3 for 3 on Jinbe's forest after my second attempt, although I replaced 6+ WB for Diamante since his health cut doesn't go through barriers. It was a very, VERY close thing that I only got through by the skin of my teeth. Some of the highlights:

• Gambled on the Revolutionaries stage and decided to not use any delayers. Used Marco after Hack's health cut, and it actually turned out alright as by that point Ivankov and Koala were both dead
  • Failed to KO Brook in one turn on 3D2Y Pt 1, taking damage that nearly cost me dearly on the next stage
  • On 3D2Y Pt 2, I used both Blackbeard specials + Doffy and KO'd Usopp. But Zoro activated his threshold(Sanji didn't for some reason?) and slammed me for 19k damage and 8000 the turn after that as I KO'd Nami. I was at ~6K HP after taking a hit from Sanji too. Sanji's on 2CD, Zoro on 1, either I KO Zoro that turn, then Sanji on the next turn, or I'm done.
  • I KO both Zoro and Sanji on the 1st and 2nd turn through dumb orb luck after stupidly wasting my SW Usopp special on them, although in hindsight, it was a waste that again, almost rekt me
  • On Rayleigh/Jinbe/3D2Y Luffy, I used Diamante's special and Marco's and KO 3D2Y Luffy. Barely kill Rayleigh before he attacks me. I tank 1 hit from Jinbe, then KO him also. SW Usopp is almost back up, so I've seemingly rescued my run from disaster
  • On Jinbe, I slowly grind him down to just over 20% HP. I got lucky af; my Marco special was down, my stallers were both used up, and I survive Jinbe's attack by 7 HP, and only thanks to a RCV orb
  • Next turn I use Diamante's special which lets me stall long enough to Marco's special, stall some more for orbs, then activate double Blackbeard plus Doffy and go for the KO

The lesson here is that if the Aokiji and Enel forests were beaten by good play and a strong understanding of the game, then Jinbe's forest was beaten through dumb luck, miracle RCV orbs, and convenient timings on my specials that were 100% totally planned for. Still though, feels good :) I could likely clear both Hancock and Shanks' forests, but I think 3 boats that I don't have close to enough cola for is enough boat for me for a good long while.

The only forest that I know I have the right team for is WB, and I've run it a handful of times and always whiffed due to blowing G3's ability, but I've never truly beaten my head against it. All the forests after that, I ran 1 time each and quit out, so it wouldn't say "new" on the story map.

I don't expect any of them to be easy, unless they can all be done with DEX BB.

...about that. Blackbeard can tear apart just about every single forest that I've tried with the team I posted, and I brute forced them all, I didn't read guides on anything but the final stage's behavior. I swapped Whitebeard for Diamante on Jimbei's forest due to Jimbei having a barrier making his health cut nowhere near as useful. Whitebeard should also be easy for Blackbeard to beat with the above team. The only forest that I know I gotta change up my composition is for Shanks, where I'd probably want either INTVankov or Mansherry. Probably gonna be Mansherry for the healing.

bjork

...about that. Blackbeard can tear apart just about every single forest that I've tried with the team I posted, and I brute forced them all, I didn't read guides on anything but the final stage's behavior. I swapped Whitebeard for Diamante on Jimbei's forest due to Jimbei having a barrier making his health cut nowhere near as useful. Whitebeard should also be easy for Blackbeard to beat with the above team. The only forest that I know I gotta change up my composition is for Shanks, where I'd probably want either INTVankov or Mansherry. Probably gonna be Mansherry for the healing.

That's one thing I enjoy about BB, is the versatility. I wouldn't have the levels and sockets on Marco/Usopp/WB to run this team, but it's nice to always see a path and have so many potential options. I should have some time to do runs tomorrow when I'm visiting relatives, so maybe I'll get lucky. If not, at least it's 0 stamina and each run helps learn.

cw_sasuke

So JPN just got RR Shanks for free ? Sure why not.

@EMT0
That BB team is really nice.

Hana-Bi

Puh, Doffy team for Le Crap is too stressful for me. Speed farming and then one mistake and it might be over. Sure it's fast as hell, but even with his ship I have y troubles to hit the perfects. Need more time to get better at this...

cw_sasuke

Either him, Towel Nami or Ace

I didnt think it was still active

Was this Random or could you choose which one ? Would have preferred Nami tbh.
Well..cant complain free unit and PSY Slasher are kinda rare.

Hana-Bi

Hmh, that's strange. In all those days I farmed the new WB fn I always had Squard alone on the boss stage. And now I got him three times in a row with fodder units... What the hell?

RedBoot

Bleh, I really need to sit down and go through more forests. The SW Ace team I use should be able to at least clear Aokiji and Enel with where I am now (will need to manage lv5 AH for more), but running forests is bleh. I could make solid use of the Ark Maxim, too.

Usually running out of ships to upgrade gets me to do more forests, but we're about to get the new Sunny. Otherwise all I have left is level 10 of the Big Top, which I have genuinely failed about 30-40 times.

MANUELF

Banned
Was this Random or could you choose which one ? Would have preferred Nami tbh.
Well..cant complain free unit and PSY Slasher are kinda rare.

It was like the free legend email, there was a button for each one

PS: What do you guys think is better? Farming raid Kuma, Mihawk books or Blackbeard books?

EMT0

Banned

PS: What do you guys think is better? Farming raid Kuma, Mihawk books or Blackbeard books?

Mihawk books > Blackbeard books > Raid Kuma

Mihawk's special may just be my favorite special in OPTC. And if it's my favorite, Blackbeard's is my second favorite.

Majukun

the doffy ship it's very strange to use...at first it doesn't seem it gives you that much of an help for the perfects,but then you try to get great on purpose and start getting assist perfects every time..and then you try to tap a little earlier to avoid that and get a good...the great window seems extremely shortened..so it might not be the best ship for content that has G barriers

MANUELF

Banned
Mihawk books > Blackbeard books > Raid Kuma

Mihawk's special may just be my favorite special in OPTC. And if it's my favorite, Blackbeard's is my second favorite.

Thanks, will try to max my Mihawk, he is at 23 right now

Edit: make that 22, is gemming time

ExVicis

No teams to take on the Doffy Forest that I can make at the moment, so I took the time to finally catch up with the story and made it to 3D2Y story content just in time for Sabaody Redux and then I won't have to worry about Story mode except for farming units.

cw_sasuke

Weird...i dont remember having options to choose - well nevermind.
Wish i could farm the evo materials i need for FN Coby right now.

btw. Are these Legend Islands something Beginners should so ? Also do we know the rotation schedule for them ? Would try out the Sabo one if i didnt miss it already.

Edit:

Just saw this

May 14 - May 17 Blackbeard, Crocodile, Log Luffy, Corazon and Kuzan Manuals Islands
May 17 - May 20 Issho, Mihawk, Sabo, Rayleigh and Jinbe Manuals Islands
May 20 - May 23 Sakazuki, Lucci, Sengoku, Whitebeard and Marco Manuals Islands
May 23 - May 26 TS Zoro, Boa Hancock, Bartolomeo, Buggy and Borsalino Manuals Islands

So starting May 17th if i can clear the lower difficulty and they drop there as well.

Hana-Bi

Man those sockets for Squard and Whitey Bay are hell... Squard is 5/5/5/1 for heal/cd/dam red/despair. Not one bind socket so far. Will stop socketing him...

Whitey Bay has 2/1/3/3 for bind/cd/heal/dam red. I changed my despair socket for a cd socket because cd might be better for my slasher teams and I didn't want to get rid of my 3 dam red sockets... And most of the time I only get poison or map damage sockets...

Majukun

Man those sockets for Squard and Whitey Bay are hell... Squard is 5/5/5/1 for heal/cd/dam red/despair. Not one bind socket so far. Will stop socketing him...

Whitey Bay has 2/1/3/3 for bind/cd/heal/dam red. I changed my despair socket for a cd socket because cd might be better for my slasher teams and I didn't want to get rid of my 3 dam red sockets... And most of the time I only get poison or map damage sockets...

i'm keeping those fn whitey bay..it seems to be really good..i mean shuffle only for non-matching orbs and conditional attack booster, wow,that's like 2 tims better of any fortnight character recently

also the decalvan fn are rather good

i'm using the fn squard to socket rr squard though, right now i'm at 4/2/4/2

Hmh, that's strange. In all those days I farmed the new WB fn I always had Squard alone on the boss stage. And now I got him three times in a row with fodder units... What the hell?

Same thing happened to me today. Today he showed up 4 times with fodder. Until now, he's been alone.

Hana-Bi

the doffy ship it's very strange to use...at first it doesn't seem it gives you that much of an help for the perfects,but then you try to get great on purpose and start getting assist perfects every time..and then you try to tap a little earlier to avoid that and get a good...the great window seems extremely shortened..so it might not be the best ship for content that has G barriers

For those barriers I probably run a BB friend / Doffy captain driven team.

My crew would be raid Akainu, Gladius, Shiki and Barto. Only Doffy wouldn't have a guaranteed matching orb for the burst turn. And with BB and Gladius you have some nice hp cutters + massive health + Bartos special to survive one more turn. :)

Majukun

For those barriers I probably run a BB friend / Doffy captain driven team.

My crew would be raid Akainu, Gladius, Shiki and Barto. Only Doffy wouldn't have a guaranteed matching orb for the burst turn. And with BB and Gladius you have some nice hp cutters + massive health + Bartos special to survive one more turn. :)

sadly,i'm nowhere near as lucky as you in terms of pull,i don't have barto or akainu...my driven team is usally 2x fuji,raid doffy,raid shiki,lao g, and whatever driven unit i need for the job

Hana-Bi

sadly,i'm nowhere near as lucky as you in terms of pull,i don't have barto or akainu...my driven team is usally 2x fuji,raid doffy,raid shiki,lao g, and whatever driven unit i need for the job

I mean raid Akainu, but you can use another driven striker for your Doffy/BB team like colo Kid, Diamante...

cw_sasuke

JPN Anni Sugo ending today. Had a Sanji Acc rerolled because i wanted to try his new action skills out this Friday. Logged in today to get the free Shanks on it. Saw that i had 11 stones on it - farmed 4 more quick and did pulls for fun and hoping for Akainu.

Legend Zoro....regular Zoro...Blackbeard. Damn. So thats 3 Legends pulled with a total of 8 single pulls + Free Whitebeard.

Madness - Pretty much have to play this one now.

Anyone know when issues password expire ? Have a bunch for the JPN version and wanna share them before they expire.

Hana-Bi

JPN Anni Sugo ending today. Had a Sanji Acc rerolled because i wanted to try his new action skills out this Friday. Logged in today to get the free Shanks on it. Saw that i had 11 stones on it - farmed 4 more quick and did pulls for fun and hoping for Akainu.

Legend Zoro....regular Zoro...Blackbeard. Damn. So thats 3 Legends pulled with a total of 8 single pulls + Free Whitebeard.

Madness - Pretty much have to play this one now.

Anyone know when issues password expire ? Have a bunch for the JPN version and wanna share them before they expire.

Nice. :) Made 4 pulls on my japan account didn't get a legend and got even a silver poster... :( But I got Elizabello, Koala (nice for TS Luffy) and Elizabeth (alos nice for my free spirit team). So all in all quite good. :)

cw_sasuke

Nice. :) Made 4 pulls on my japan account didn't get a legend and got even a silver poster... :( But I got Elizabello, Koala (nice for TS Luffy) and Elizabeth (alos nice for my free spirit team). So all in all quite good. :)

Thats very nice - especially Koala.
Also did 4 on my G4 - 3 of them were bad...but the last one was the next QCK Rayleight - so thats pretty cool. Was a bit sad to realize that he isnt a Figher anymore...well cant have it all heh.

If i have some time this evening ill try to farm enough for one more pull...after this Sugo ill probably spend everything on increasing the box.

MANUELF

Banned
Got sidetracked on my legend Mihawk special maxing by Blackbeard book islands, he is at 20 CD now while Mihawk is at 21 CD and I have 9 hours of 3x skillup ahead, should be fun to see if I can max both

cw_sasuke

When FN Smoker wants to lock your Captain and Sanji be like...not today.

Got sidetracked on my legend Mihawk special maxing by Blackbeard book islands, he is at 20 CD now while Mihawk is at 21 CD and I have 9 hours of 3x skillup ahead, should be fun to see if I can max both

How rare are the book drops supposed to be ? Tried 15 stamina twice for BB but didnt get any books.

PS. Whats your ID ? Could use some more JPN version friends if you have some free spots.

Wadiwasi

Banned
was about 50 gems shy of having a free G4 Luffy but I ended up having some strong teams come out of what I pulled.

Got Ray, Barto, and Borsalino as my legend pulls, grabbed Inthawk as the free. Because of the other units I pulled, I can make some really strong teams. Overall pretty happy. Now have I have to work on maxing and socketing those characters after the max special ship leaves lol

My slasher team bursts over 6 mil to QCK, 4+ to PSY and INT, 3+ to DEX, and 2.8 mil to STR.

Have a PSY team that is also putting up those numbers....now I have to get everyone leveled and maxed

MANUELF

Banned
How rare are the book drops supposed to be ? Tried 15 stamina twice for BB but didnt get any books.

PS. Whats your ID ? Could use some more JPN version friends if you have some free spots.

My ID is 132,978,467 I have maxed Cavendish, Legend Doflamingo, SW Ace and Legend Blackbeard

The books are faily common in 20 stamina, more common than some of the RR books on there

cw_sasuke

2 more pulls - Story Usopp and 5* Ideao...okay think thats all i have for this JPN Sugo. Now to expand my box.

I pulled Burgess, Koala and Ideo...the game is trying to tell me something lol.
My ID is 132,978,467 I have maxed Cavendish, Legend Doflamingo, SW Ace and Legend Blackbeard

The books are faily common in 20 stamina, more common than some of the RR books on there

Thanks, send you an invite.

Guess i will give 20stam a try...dont think i can clear it but who knows. Need to check how much exp that stage provides as well.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
On another japan account I had before the tutorial (But before the gem pricing error), I did the tutorial and had about 70 gems to use for pulls afterwards.

Issho + two legend buggies.

hmmmm....

hmmm.............

MiTYH

Spending my day doing Colo Wyper. Why? I... don't know. Feeling bored with the other content and feel like an easy max of a unit, I guess. Plus, some universal socket tomes are dropping, and I need my corazon to get some sockets so I can tackle these forests. Not having bind lvl 2 killed a doffy run for me

CC islands was good to me today. Got Sengoku to +200. Just need his FN to come (like 3/4 months I think) to have him maxed on sockets. Second one of my units at +200, after INTHawk. Working on Shanks now, he's at 143 so it's progress

EDIT: Actually, took a look and my Legend Lucci (second legend after INThawk) is +200. Also fully socketed but 5 away from max skill. Shows how much I use him...

Hana-Bi

Wanted to farm some Colo units today. Especially Killer, but his cooldown is quite good for a striker dream team, so maybe I won't farm him that much and will farm him with double stamina later for sockets...

Today I got Barto to +200. He's now my 6th quad maxed legend. :)

Majukun

tomorrow comes the new story island..
seem like the gimmick of this one is that there's a ton of barriers of all kinds throughout the chapters..so i suggest ypou to bring some friend backbeard if you don't have one yourselves

also, in his stage demalo black (fake luffy) despairs for 5 turns, but also hits for about 3k..you can either bring someone to cancel the despair or just tank

sentomaru is the other particular stage...2 mln hp, 20 hit barrier, under 50% rises the defense a lot,under 20% it hits for 30k..again a blackbeard is advised

i think i'll go with

friend: blackbeard
capt: diamante (striker)
gladius (shooter)
lao g (fighter)
doflamingo (slasher)
shiki (slasher)

it can burst around 1,8 mln damage, so considering BB hp cut and a vit of attacks prior to the burst i should be able to dispose of it.

ExVicis

So I decided to go all out some more on Japan and I got 4 more legends. A dupe Zoro, Buggy, Hody Jones and the goddamn Rule of the Day Inuarashi, wasn't sure if he was on a pity timer like 4th Gear but all the same glad to have him. Need to start reading up on how to use this guy but I hear he's really good.

mileS

Huge congrats to all who completed the Doffy forest!

Another great day for CC for me. I would have never thought my Blackbeard would be maxed this quickly. 1 hp cc from +200 :)

RedBoot

32+10 Killer copies for the week. I might end there since that will be enough to get him well into usable range, since running him is a pain and I can use all of week 3 on Drake. This stage kind of made me hate Kid. Can't believe how easy Killer himself is in comparison.

Speaking of colos, we're a few days off from learning, but I'm really curious as to what the next batch will be. The movie characters are unlikely, so the next batch from there would be Moria, Foxy, and Porche. Foxy's stage has Kimono Mr. 3 in it, so they'll have to deal with that somehow.

RedBoot

update is up on the play store

we have the new title screen from Japan's anniversary, megaton!

And the extra Strawhat voices on the title screen, too!

Reminder of what we're getting after the maintenance:

-30 free box space + 100 more buyable
-5+ Base Sanji
-New Story Island
-Buster Call
-FP Sugo
-The new gem pack is available as well, I think?

It's no Chopperman missions, but there's some stuff.

Kyou

And the extra Strawhat voices on the title screen, too!

Reminder of what we're getting after the maintenance:

-30 free box space + 100 more buyable
-5+ Base Sanji
-New Story Island
-Buster Call
-FP Sugo
-The new gem pack is available as well, I think?

It's no Chopperman missions, but there's some stuff.
I'm hoping for some secret additions too

I've convinced myself there has to be a reason we only have one day of skill up this time instead of two spread out

edit: Though they've never had unannounced improvements in version updates right? I'd bet there's app store policies against that.

People are all in a tizzy over the lack of Chopperman missions and a universal skill rate up but no one is asking the real question: When is the friend game coming back???

Also, it look's like Fujitora's gimmick is blasting away your captain for 3 turns. 6* Sanji can avoid it or you can use G-5 Smoker to take the bullet for you going into the boss fight.

MANUELF

Banned
Managed to beat 60 stamina Fujitora with a 2x Fujitora, Legend Doflamingo, Legend Blackbeard, Caribou and fortnight Tashigi in Smoker body

Top Bottom