• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Majukun

Oda's commemoration pic for the 3 year anniversary of optc japan
SPFoWnY.jpg

also seem like he pulled a g4 luffy

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I actually JPN OPTC already installed a couple off weeks ago...so i still did get the 50 stones, farmed some more in addition to the ones i had. 2 Multipulls - did get 4 Legends. Which is great...but they really werent the one i wanted.

So re-rolling a bit...if i get Legend Sanji - what Free Legend would be the best ? I think Whitebeard makes the most sense.

Oda's commemoration pic for the 3 year anniversary of optc japan
also seem like he pulled a g4 luffy

Refuse to believe that Oda has time to play OPTC...lol.
Good to see Sanji in the Spotlight again though.

MANUELF

Banned
Did 2 multis since I dont know patience and got a dupe Cavendish.... Well I at least got the Rocketman and maxed it with 327 orbs and got half new units including Haruta, Senor Pink, Jabra, Hack, red TS Chopper and Van der decken

cw_sasuke

Goddamn...Zoro Legend is so rare - hasnt shown up a single time.

Have a couple Acc to give away if anyone interested. Had to chose the Free Legend on all of them because the Mail doesnt survive a a ID transfer.

1) Doffy x Inurashi x Inthawk
2) Log Luffy x SW Ace x Inthawk
3) TS Luffy x Sabo

PS. Just saw Raid Fujitora....damn Powerhouse teams are getting a nice boost with him.

Just saw Raid Fujitora....damn Powerhouse teams are getting a nice boost with him.

That's pretty huge if it's true. If they'd just give Lucci a 6*+ form, powerhouse teams could be top tier. CP0 Lucci could be pretty cool.

Now shooters are the only class without a class native 2x orb booster. It's like they're trying to kill Ace all over again.

bjork

I had 50 stones saved so I did a multi, got Momonga. That means I have every non-legend RR in the game to date. Now if the story sugo actually goes past CP9, I might get lucky and save myself some runs on story folks as well.

Global Pica raid tonight, first time! What's everyone using? I found a Sengoku team that seems safe, and a SW Shanks one which I should be able to do. Undecided but probably starting with Sengoku

Sengoku team is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFsXz195aDc

I'm just cheesing it.

BB/BB
Legend Mihawk/Rayleigh
GPU/Barto

Hana-Bi

Goddamn...Zoro Legend is so rare - hasnt shown up a single time.

Have a couple Acc to give away if anyone interested. Had to chose the Free Legend on all of them because the Mail doesnt survive a a ID transfer.

3) TS Luffy x Whitebeard x Sabo
4) TS Luffy x Sabo

PS. Just saw Raid Fujitora....damn Powerhouse teams are getting a nice boost with him.

Yeah, Fuji is now a f2p legend Doffy for powerhouse, lol.

If the TS Luffy, WB, Sabo account is still available I'll gladly take it and try the japan version out. :)

So that brings my legend count to: Log Luffy, Barto, Ace, BlackBeard, Zoro, Doffy, Law, Borsalino, Jimbe, Ray.

Undecided who I want to claim for my free legend. Torn between Whitebeard and Sabo, though leaning towards the former.

Why not IntHawk? You'd have an amazing synergy with Zoro, Law, and Borsalino. And he makes a great sub on LL teams. Sabo is great with a TS Luffy friend but I don't think he compliments the rest of your legends as well.

cw_sasuke

Now shooters are the only class without a class native 2x orb booster. It's like they're trying to kill Ace all over again.
lol....guess we will have to wait for Aces 6+ version i could see him being able to fill that spot if they improve his active.
I had 50 stones saved so I did a multi, got Momonga. That means I have every non-legend RR in the game to date. Now if the story sugo actually goes past CP9, I might get lucky and save myself some runs on story folks as well.
o
Thats really impressive.
If the TS Luffy, WB, Sabo account is still available I'll gladly take it and try the japan version out. :)
Sure - check your PM.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Getting about 20 Pica... but no idea why, as I don't think I'd actually ever use.

The thought of starting over... even if they gave me every single legendary in the game... is just too much work.

bjork

Thats really impressive.

Ha. I wish I thought so!

Getting about 20 Pica... but no idea why, as I don't think I'd actually ever use.

The thought of starting over... even if they gave me every single legendary in the game... is just too much work.

Pica is in some teams I've seen around, and his special sounds pretty good. so I'm just gonna go til my stamina is gone and hope for the best.

And I'm with you on starting over. I might consider it if I got a fresh Akainu account, but then I'd need to get rid of this account, so idk.

MiTYH

Why not IntHawk? You'd have an amazing synergy with Zoro, Law, and Borsalino. And he makes a great sub on LL teams. Sabo is great with a TS Luffy friend but I don't think he compliments the rest of your legends as well.

That's a good point. I forgot INTHawk was an option. Guess I'll go with him!

EMT0

Banned
That Raid Fuji is so amazing o____o

The zombie teams with the Kuja ship just plan themselves, and he's a great boon to Powerhouse teams too. Blackbeard gets another toy to play with. Fuji as the Slasher, Story Hody as the Shooter....hot damn, Blackbeard Powerhouse teams, as well as F2P Powerhouse are a real menace. Double Raid Fuji, Story Hody, Colo Marco/Dorry/Broggy/FN Gasparde, Colo Vista, and Colo Paulie would get you two turns of respectable F2P burst, plus the Rocketman and Fuji's HP boost to let you stall for as long as you need.

F2P Powerhouse also has a wealth of HP cutters like Colo Don Chinjao, YWB, Story Magellan, and Pica. Raid Fuji could make for some very reliable teams for clearing content safely by stalling on the boss for your end of turn HP cuts + using Don Chinjao to reduce damage, then unleashing your other HP cutters once it's time to burst.

Plus there's his forest clearing potential with a Legend Marco sub + 3D2Y Sanji as a friend captain. Health cuts over time, good HPT with max autoheal, 3D2Y Sanji, and the Rocketman, tons of HP, a full HP heal off Marco's special, and a 2x orb booster + 2x class booster for the burst. The only shame is that there's no Powerhouse unit that delays for even 2 turns.

EDIT:

>Global releases a new raid I can easily destroy
>Gets 0 meats again during Meat Up

Why does this happen when I actually want to play OPTC for a few hours but don't want to gem. Then I get 4 meats at 2AM when I just wanna go to sleep. Goddamn it game.

ExVicis

I think that one post on the subreddit said it well. It was something like "You think you won't need a character but then every guide and team after that boss suddenly starts using the new character and you regret not having farmed the specials enough"

RedBoot

I think that one post on the subreddit said it well. It was something like "You think you won't need a character but then every guide and team after that boss suddenly starts using the new character and you regret not having farmed the specials enough"

Yeah, already seeing that with Raid Akainu.

In Pica's case, I could see him being used in some colo teams where the boss gives you badly matching orbs. And a 20% health cut comes in handy often. So I think he has potential outside of just Driven/Powerhouse teams.

Hana-Bi

Playing the japan version is crazy with the free Law. Damn, such a nice unit. But I'm really lost with the language barrier. This will take time but I only play with natural stamina on this account so once a day this should be okay. :)

And on global my Whitey Bay sockets are terrible. I think one out of 15 useful sockets so far... At least she appears quite often...

MiTYH

Why does this happen when I actually want to play OPTC for a few hours but don't want to gem. Then I get 4 meats at 2AM when I just wanna go to sleep. Goddamn it game.

Right?? Yesterday I was straight tripping meats, got about 3, and it was glorious.
Today? Not a single one. And I want a good Pica cooldown for faster forest runs (corazon leader but still), and my Legend Lucci Team

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Damn, I only got legend zoro with 3 multipulls in Jpn. Should I start over? Would suck to forfeit all the exp from the 3 year anniversary ship, but..

cw_sasuke

Playing the japan version is crazy with the free Law. Damn, such a nice unit. But I'm really lost with the language barrier. This will take time but I only play with natural stamina on this account so once a day this should be okay. :)

Yeah - that Free Law is an amazing Beginner unit. They really do alot to get new players on board.
Damn, I only got legend zoro with 3 multipulls in Jpn. Should I start over? Would suck to forfeit all the exp from the 3 year anniversary ship, but..

What other Legends do you own ? If you have Zoro and Inthawk you are probably fine. If you wanna star over i can hook you up depending on the starter you need/want.

MANUELF

Banned
That Raid Fuji is so amazing o____o

The zombie teams with the Kuja ship just plan themselves, and he's a great boon to Powerhouse teams too. Blackbeard gets another toy to play with. Fuji as the Slasher, Story Hody as the Shooter....hot damn, Blackbeard Powerhouse teams, as well as F2P Powerhouse are a real menace. Double Raid Fuji, Story Hody, Colo Marco/Dorry/Broggy/FN Gasparde, Colo Vista, and Colo Paulie would get you two turns of respectable F2P burst, plus the Rocketman and Fuji's HP boost to let you stall for as long as you need.

F2P Powerhouse also has a wealth of HP cutters like Colo Don Chinjao, YWB, Story Magellan, and Pica. Raid Fuji could make for some very reliable teams for clearing content safely by stalling on the boss for your end of turn HP cuts + using Don Chinjao to reduce damage, then unleashing your other HP cutters once it's time to burst.

Plus there's his forest clearing potential with a Legend Marco sub + 3D2Y Sanji as a friend captain. Health cuts over time, good HPT with max autoheal, 3D2Y Sanji, and the Rocketman, tons of HP, a full HP heal off Marco's special, and a 2x orb booster + 2x class booster for the burst. The only shame is that there's no Powerhouse unit that delays for even 2 turns.

EDIT:

I will farm him, having Legend Blackbeard, Hyozou, Zeo, Dosun and 3D2Y Sanji it would be a crime not to

If you start over you will only get the free legend and not enough gems for a multi

EMT0

Banned
in the other optc thread that i follow on another forum everyone is emigrating to japan after this anniversary :(

If I hadn't committed so hard during the 2YA I would be asking for that Inuarashi/Legend Doffy account, lol. Global as it stands honestly feels second class as hell, even during decent events like what we have right now. JP OPTC feels like Bandai's trying to give you everything they can possibly get away with without destroying game balance utterly. Over here it feels like trying to extract blood from a stone to get favorable updates that meet what JP does.

cw_sasuke

Eh ...i feel this happens every time there is a JPN Anni - doubt that anyone invested in Global moves over for good. Sure if i just started Global a couple weeks/moths ago its easier to Switch completely.

btw. If you decide to jump in:

3) TS Luffy x Sabo
4) Legend Sanji x Whitebeard x Koala/Burgess
5) Legend Zoro x Inthawk
6) Legend Blackbeard x Whitebeard
7) Akainu x Whitebeard

Hana-Bi

in the other optc thread that i follow on another forum everyone is emigrating to japan after this anniversary :(

I started just for fun a japanese account thanks to cw_sasuke but no way in hell will I switch completely or even main this new account. It's fun to play with new legends (finally TS Luffy and Sabo) and those Chopperman missions are nice too, but after a while the grind will kick in and then you need to farm and level up and skill up and socket up every fn and raid boss again and again. I'll play it casually, only natural stamina, save gems for box space and special sugos and that's it.

Eh ...i feel this happens every time there is a JPN Anni - doubt that anyone invested in Global moves over for good. Sure if i just started Global a couple weeks/moths ago its easier to Switch completely.

btw. If you decide to jump in:

3) TS Luffy x Sabo
4) Legend Sanji x Whitebeard x Koala/Burgess
5) Legend Zoro x Inthawk
6) Legend Blackbeard x Whitebeard

What team did you keep in japan or are you still rerolling? You can add me if you want (you know my ID). :)

ExVicis

Legend Zoro and Inthawk is more than enough. I mean you probably got some good Rares too right?

I feel the same, also the inconvenience of the language barrier makes it very easy for me to not switch also.

Japan OPTC at this point is just there to play whenever I have the itch and global isn't doing it.

mileS

Global 4 lyfe!

I wouldn't get too doom and gloom about comparing us during the JPN anni. I get what you're saying, and honestly I feel the same way at times, but we will catch up. Problem is when we catch up JPN goes ahead with another cool change and it seems like we're always behind. Speaking of that, anyone know in relation to Legend Zoro coming to JPN for the first time, how far ahead of that did JPN get the skill up % change? They would certainly get some bonus pts from me if they stopped delaying that for no fucking reason.

The next Sugo for Time Skip characters + Legend Zoro is going to seem pretty laughable I bet. I mean I'll still get hype for it, and I'll probably have enough for 3 multi's saved... but man it's sad to think you would be guaranteed Zoro or another legend on JPN if you compare.

EMT0

Banned
Global 4 lyfe!

I wouldn't get too doom and gloom about comparing us during the JPN anni. I get what you're saying, and honestly I feel the same way at times, but we will catch up. Problem is when we catch up JPN goes ahead with another cool change and it seems like we're always behind. Speaking of that, anyone know in relation to Legend Zoro coming to JPN for the first time, how far ahead of that did JPN get the skill up % change? They would certainly get some bonus pts from me if they stopped delaying that for no fucking reason.

The next Sugo for Time Skip characters + Legend Zoro is going to seem pretty laughable I bet. I mean I'll still get hype for it, and I'll probably have enough for 3 multi's saved... but man it's sad to think you would be guaranteed Zoro or another legend on JPN if you compare.

We're ahead of where we should be(9 months) in terms of Sugofest batches even after these recent filler Sugos. For once, I'm not the doom and gloom guy lol, Japan didn't get a guaranteed Legend on the third multi until the Shirahoshi Sugofest, which came after Hody. So our Timeskip Pt 2 batch will probably be quite similar to JP's release. Although I've personally decided to commit to not pulling until either the Nekomamushi batch drops or the French Anniversary hits, either or. I went so hard during the 2YA that I have 80% of all RR units :s

cw_sasuke

What team did you keep in japan or are you still rerolling? You can add me if you want (you know my ID). :)

Dont even know at this point. A acc with Sanji + Akainu or Zoro would be rad, but they are quite rare so thats unlikely. But i will add you once im done.

Best ones i had so far are:
1) Shirahoshi, Zoro, Marco, Inthawk ( only one were i pulled 3 Legends)
2) TS Luffy, Kizaru, Sabo

So for now probably the Zoro one since i will never pull him on Global lol.
I feel the same, also the inconvenience of the language barrier makes it very easy for me to not switch also.

Japan OPTC at this point is just there to play whenever I have the itch and global isn't doing it.

Pretty much - its a nice little distraction thats lets us try out new features and characters a bit earlier...but nothing more.

EMT0

Banned
Welp, decided to gem once in order to squeeze a level up in for Pica. 12 dupes isn't bad at all with only one gem put in. One day, Meat Up. One day you'll do me a solid on a day when it counts.

EMT0

Banned
Is there any dream team for Aokiji? he is a rainbow captain so I assume you can use whatever you want

Pretty much, yeah. Striker/Shooter teams tend to be his strongest teams but a common/go-to team for him is something like this for F2P teams:

nI0drD4.png

Colo Gladius gets replaced with the tech unit you need to clear, be it GPU, a health cutter, etc. On Global you'd probably put on Heracles'n for orb manipulation, or SW Ace to lock your orbs if you have him and need to burst on the next turn(say, Coliseum). Zephyr can/should be replaced with Byrnndi World if you have him.

MANUELF

Banned
Im so sad right now, I wanted to buy gems and do my third multi in Japan but OPTC Japan dont like my credit card or my paypal account that I created just to buy the gems, they dont like Mexicans :(

HabeeNo

Phone screen cracked really bad so I'm just logging in for the daily gems for a week or so :(

Damn iPhone 6s +, and their stupid expensive screens :(

Get pooped on Doffy.

The surprising thing is that I decided to use a legendless crew with a friend Corazon and zombied the hell out of it. Level 3 bind and despair might be a bit steep of a requirement for most people but I made it work.

Somehow I maxed it without a single failure. I don't know if I was exceptionally lucky but I was already at max cola and 178 cola is pretty easy to come by nowadays so it's not that big of a deal.

Time to decimate Le Crap 40 stamina.

Kyou

what was your team? Is it doable with any old zombie team or do you have to have Elizabello like most of them

I really want this ship sooner rather than later

what was your team? Is it doable with any old zombie team or do you have to have Elizabello like most of them

I really want this ship sooner rather than later

I based my run around this team except instead of WB I used Hack and instead of Duval, I used SW Usopp. I also used the Rocketman instead of the Sunny.

Kyou

ah, yeah, Elizabello. Sigh, someday.

I think I saw a Jinbei team once that I can manage, I'll have to go look that up

ah, yeah, Elizabello. Sigh, someday.

I think I saw a Jinbei team once that I can manage, I'll have to go look that up

I was going to go that route but my Sabo isn't maxed yet. He does come back on the 19th though. I just wanted to get the ship asap to take advantage of the CC aisle.

Hana-Bi

Get pooped on Doffy.

The surprising thing is that I decided to use a legendless crew with a friend Corazon and zombied the hell out of it. Level 3 bind and despair might be a bit steep of a requirement for most people but I made it work.

Somehow I maxed it without a single failure. I don't know if I was exceptionally lucky but I was already at max cola and 178 cola is pretty easy to come by nowadays so it's not that big of a deal.

Congrats. :) Will probably try out a zombie team too for the first time. I'd run a similar team. Cora/Pell, WB, raid Sabo, Mihawk and Elizabello.

How will your Le Crap 40 stam team look like? Might switch from my Croc team to a Doffy team but maybe there are some crucial subs...

Congrats. :) Will probably try out a zombie team too for the first time. I'd run a similar team. Cora/Pell, WB, raid Sabo, Mihawk and Elizabello.

How will your Le Crap 40 stam team look like? Might switch from my Croc team to a Doffy team but maybe there are some crucial subs...

I think I'm going try this team. Specials guarantee all matching orbs for the burst turn on the last wave and no stalling required. Caesar could probably be subbed out for Enel, story Moria, Fuji, 5*+ Zoro, or G-5 Smoker.

For my Doffy forest run, I initially wanted to run Mihawk but the level 3 socket requirements forced me to choose a different sub. So unless your Pell or Elizabello is socketed, I'd recommend Duval, SW Usopp, or even STR Hack if you invested in him. Having two 30% cutters doesn't really change how you tackle the run.

Hana-Bi

I think I'm going try this team. Specials guarantee all matching orbs for the burst turn on the last wave and no stalling required. Caesar could probably be subbed out for Enel, story Moria, Fuji, 5*+ Zoro, or G-5 Smoker.

For my Doffy forest run, I initially wanted to run Mihawk but the level 3 socket requirements forced me to choose a different sub. So unless your Pell or Elizabello is socketed, I'd recommend Duval, SW Usopp, or even STR Hack if you invested in him. Having two 30% cutters doesn't really change how you tackle the run.

Yeah, I socket my Elizabello (not max but with one despair tome and the one despair I got on Pell) so that a Cora friend with despair sockets will give me level 3. :)

And nice Doffy team for Le Crap. I probably can run this too. :)

cw_sasuke

Learned alot about Gacha during my rerolls on JPN - this was helpful.

Day 2 seems worse than Day 1 with a bunch of silvers per roll, at least from my impression.

Any JPN Players i can can add ? Sending you an invite Hana-Bi.

PS: What would be the fastest way to rank up right ? Wish we had something like those Rayleigh Training Missions right now. Also can you get Story Unit via Friendpulls right now in JPN ?

Get pooped on Doffy.

Oh man thats awesome - congrats.
Need to look into the stage - this ship could revive/boost my OG GLB account so i can run Legend Doffy with Fuji friends.
I based my run around this team except instead of WB I used Hack and instead of Duval, I used SW Usopp. I also used the Rocketman instead of the Sunny.
Hmm..i have Hack and could use Duval if i farm him down the line. Raid Sabo is the only big one im missing. Hope i can get at least one copy when he comes back.

cw_sasuke

Hana-Bi

Okay thats cool didnt know about this.
Will try to get units like Alvida like this as well.

PS. Your FL is full...ill try add you later, i forgot how small the FL is when you start OPTC heh.

Yeah, I should have two more free slots now. Made too many friend requests yesterday lol. :)

Hana-Bi

Get pooped on Doffy.

Lol, just saw the reddit thread. Maxing without failure was extremly lucky. Some guys used over 700 cola to max the ship. Hopefully I don't need that much. :)

Top Bottom