• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
New event is awesome - having Halloween stages come back is great for people who need to Socket their Strawhats. Also WB books.
Skillup being more or less regular events every 2 weeks is great as well - saving up units for months was just the worst. Will try to skill up Kizaru for my Ace team.

FP Story pulls...hope i finally get Enel, Wapol and my 2nd Croc. Stopped farming story units ages ago - so thats more or less the only way i could get them.

I ranted about how good Leo is months ago. I don't even have him. From the stats to the special he is a beast. I will save whatever books I get during this Fortnight. One day... maybe (plz)

As far as CC farming, I feel like it's really worth the time investment. Especially now.

Yeah - he is great..just dont understand why he is rarely brought up even though he is such a good sub for many teams.

I did the 40stamina CC stage for the clearing stone and yeah this is much better for people who farm +CC. The reason i dont care much is because i have issues with max leveling/skilling and socketing my best units...+CC is just another luxury i cant afford most of the times. Legend Doffy is the only unit i +200 so far.

MiTYH

Just woke up to WOW problems in the JPN version. Seems like they got it fixed quickly but damn. 11th day of the month is not OPTC's day (depending on your POV). Still want to get my 3 multis in for that but guess we're all in a waiting pattern

Global's new event though? Looks amazing. 1/2 story FP pull, super Sanji (evo mat for free), tons of raid bosses, including Sabo and Aokiji, Ray exp island (aka a gem), free RR pull a day, and most of all Halloween island! I don't need the legen books but my HW Zoro is one away from Max and I just want him done. Plus, good sockets too. And we should get x2drop/stamina with this, which is just all kinds of awesome.

I was planning on doing some coloseium stuff today but... 40stam CC island is calling to me again...

bjork

I did the 40stamina CC stage for the clearing stone and yeah this is much better for people who farm +CC. The reason i dont care much is because i have issues with max leveling/skilling and socketing my best units...+CC is just another luxury i cant afford most of the times. Legend Doffy is the only unit i +200 so far.

Same here. I don't think I have a single +200, farming CC is a path I don't want to go down.

bjork

Or you can play Japan, I already have a +200 Fujitora, Cavendish, working on a Legend Doflamingo and a max RCV Boa

I know you love OPTC Japan, I get it from every post you make.

I don't want to play Japan or I would, but even if I did, I still wouldn't play enough to grind CCs. I don't want it that much.

cw_sasuke

When does the Japan Sugo start ? Wanted to give it a shot later.
Same here. I don't think I have a single +200, farming CC is a path I don't want to go down.

Yup - i never really encountered content where i think it would have made a big difference... skill up + sockets and high charchter lvls are enough to focus on.

And i know my luck...after finishing a unit i probably would pull some super Legen like TS Luffy right after and be pissed that i spent my +CC on worse unit earlier - it just never ends.

+RCV on Enel or +ATK/HP on a Top Tier lead is possible though...even for me and i never farmed them.

bjork

Yup - i never really encountered content where i think it would have made a big difference... skill up + sockets and high charchter lvls are enough to focus on.

And i know my luck...after finishing a unit i probably would pull some super Legen like TS Luffy right after and be pissed that i spent my +CC on worse unit earlier - it just never ends.

+RCV on Enel or +ATK/HP on a Top Tier lead is possible though...even for me and i never farmed them.

Yeah, I just take them as I get them, aside from a few runs of le crap when it turned up in past months. I think I've only put them onto legends and GPU, since I use GPU fairly often, but there's no real rush for +200 on anyone.

MiTYH

Idk, I like my +200 INTHawk. It took a while but I'd say it's worth it, at least for legends that you rely upon a lot. Then I've got Corazon with +100 RCV, as does 3D2Y Sanji and Enel. I get those more than anything, sadly....

Currently working on Sengoku who, after today, is at +155 (Atk70, HP85). That little bit of health/atk can make the difference sometimes. Plus it's really cool to see a +200, feels good to have

bjork

Idk, I like my +200 INTHawk. It took a while but I'd say it's worth it, at least for legends that you rely upon a lot. Then I've got Corazon with +100 RCV, as does 3D2Y Sanji and Enel. I get those more than anything, sadly....

Currently working on Sengoku who, after today, is at +155 (Atk70, HP85). That little bit of health/atk can make the difference sometimes. Plus it's really cool to see a +200, feels good to have

Oh, I don't doubt that it helps. I have 100 RCV on Boa and Enel, 100 HP on Lucci, etc, but it's all just been whatever had happened to drop. But I also generally don't farm like you guys too, so there's that.

Like this last colo, people were like "I have 60 killers" or whatever. I ran each once and was done. I think the last time I really farmed hard was... Tesoro, maybe? I still think the game's great and would recommend it to people, but I've curbed my daily playtime immensely and feel better for it.

MiTYH

JPN is back up. From reddit user koalasan_z:

- 50 gems compensation applies to those that have installed the app before maintenance started. Both iOS and Android users will get it.
- Gems will be distributed on a later time.
- 3 gems compensation for emergency maintenance (available now)
- Sugo will be postponed to a later time. Announcement will still come on extension period.
- Buy 7 gems and get 3 turtles 480 yen package has been discontinued.
- Anniversary Sunny has been extended until 24 May 11:59
- Legend book farming quest (The one that is running today) has been extended until 15 May 11:59.
- Sugo preview quest has been extended until 13 May 11:59
- Unlockable FN's have been extended until 26 May 11:59. +1 added to the number of times the FN's can be unlocked.

And it looks like Sugo will be pushed to (edit) tomorrow

mileS

I get what you guys are saying about the CC farming but I dunno. For as big of a power upgrade as it is, it really isn't that hard to farm over time. I mean take my TS Luffy for example. He came out near Feb 24th. He's already at 200cc. Mind you that was with Easter eggs but still. I have missed out on at least 40cc from avoiding/putting off colo as well. Technically could have maxed him earlier. It's not like a raid or farming colo/fortnights over and over. It's just like a turtle time. You have 30min to farm and then you are done until the next Le Crap day. Only difference is now you can do 20+40stam in the same day which would take close to an hour if you want to do it all. You can avoid that and just do 40stam and still come out on top. I may get hardcore about farming certain raids or fortnights randomly but I am not hardcore about farming CC. Still got 200 for Luffy in 2 months compared to the year and a half it took to get Sengoku to +167. It's a way different game than it used to be long story short lol.

bjork

I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not a thing I'm willing to invest the time into. I don't do turtle times any more either, because I care way less about trying to keep up. Might be because, as you say, it's way different.

Now I just play for fun until I have had my fill, which is sped up by the 2x stamina for FNs. I enjoy the fact that this feature exists, but if I'm thankful that I can spend less time playing, is that a good thing?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
New event is awesome - having Halloween stages come back is great for people who need to Socket their Strawhats. Also WB books.
Skillup being more or less regular events every 2 weeks is great as well - saving up units for months was just the worst. Will try to skill up Kizaru for my Ace team.

FP Story pulls...hope i finally get Enel, Wapol and my 2nd Croc. Stopped farming story units ages ago - so thats more or less the only way i could get them.

Yeah - he is great..just dont understand why he is rarely brought up even though he is such a good sub for many teams.

Biggest issue with leo is his typing. If he was Str, dex, or int, he'd probably be used more in the meta. A lot more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Leo is great. I use him all the time, so much so that I used books on him to give him some socket love.

bobohoro

Was travelling in Italy and had a pretty fun time with snails.
Had 4 meats and 5 gems for my daily snails two days ago.
Of course I didn't get any skill-ups from all those runs, but it was pretty fun regardless.

New event looks nice. Need loads of SH sockets.

cw_sasuke

If i download the JPN version tomorrow for the Sugo...how many stones fo i get from rerolling ? I wonder if should just do 1-2 pulls per reroll dpeending on how many gems you get or if i should try to farm 50 stones for one multi...buts thats only an option if there is a way to farm them somehow fast. Anything special going on over there or would it be just clearing the Story Islands as fast as possible ?

Dont have much time tomorrow...so my goal was to pull one Top Tier Legend and choose a fitting free one.
Biggest issue with leo is his typing. If he was Str, dex, or int, he'd probably be used more in the meta. A lot more.

Hehe true...still like him alot. He is Top Tier on my Enel and 3D2Y Luffy teams.

MANUELF

Banned
If i download the JPN version tomorrow for the Sugo...how many stones fo i get from rerolling ? I wonder if should just do 1-2 pulls per reroll dpeending on how many gems you get or if i should try to farm 50 stones for one multi...buts thats only an option if there is a way to farm them somehow fast. Anything special going on over there or would it be just clearing the Story Islands as fast as possible ?

Dont have much time tomorrow...so my goal was to pull one Top Tier Legend and choose a fitting free one.
Dont have the number at hand but sadly is way less than enough for a multi, if you had started your account yesterday that would be another story

ExVicis

Hehe true...still like him alot. He is Top Tier on my Enel and 3D2Y Luffy teams.

Aw man you should have downloaded it yesterday. could have gotten a free 50 gems.

I think thought you get maybe... 15 stones?

Also the 3rd Anniversary ship gives everyone Turn 1 Specials if you get a team you can use to clear story fast. You missed the opportunity to get fast levels with the EXP version of the ship though.

cw_sasuke

Dont have the number at hand but sadly is way less than enough for a multi, if you had started your account yesterday that would be another story

Thats fine too...i was only expecting to get like 1-2 pulls per reroll anyway. But sometimes they have events where you have like + stones or so and can pull more often...so guess ill do it the traditional way a couple of times.

Anyway for fast rerolls in JPN version ?
Aw man you should have downloaded it yesterday. could have gotten a free 50 gems.

I think thought you get maybe... 15 stones?

Also the 3rd Anniversary ship gives everyone Turn 1 Specials if you get a team you can use to clear story fast. You missed the opportunity to get fast levels with the EXP version of the ship though.

Well 15 stones wouldnt be too bad....thats 3 pulls. If i can get a good Legend + Free Legend that should be enough to start playing.

My target are these combos - TS Luffy + Free Sabo, Legend Zoro + Inthawk, Akainu + Whitebeard ...well and the new Legend Sani + whoever would be best for him from the free batch lol.

Edit:

Also the already downgraded the ship ? Kinda thought the Anni starts today/tomorrow with the Sugo. Probably should have started earlier indeed. Especially since i plan to farm some Pica tomorrow on GLB.

Majukun

Thats fine too...i was only expecting to get like 1-2 pulls per reroll anyway. But sometimes they have events where you have like + stones or so and can pull more often...so guess ill do it the traditional way a couple of times.

Well 15 stones wouldnt be too bad....thats 3 pulls. If i can get a good Legend + Free Legend that should be enough to start playing.

My target are these combos - TS Luffy + Free Sabo, Legend Zoro + Inthawk, Akainu + Whitebeard ...well and the new Legend Sani + whoever would be best for him from the free batch lol.

Edit:

Also the already downgraded the ship ? Kinda thought the Anni starts today/tomorrow with the Sugo. Probably should have started earlier indeed. Especially since i plan to farm some Pica tomorrow on GLB.

the ship didn't downgrade,it just changed efect,it transformed into the 2nd anni ship that charges all your specials from turn 1

ExVicis

Edit:

Yeah the ship is just downgraded, I liked the first effect but I was constantly double the amount of Stamina I usually have which was weird to get used to. The turn 1 specials is still really good though.

Personally I have about 100 gems (150 when I get the maintenance gems) so I should have enough for the guaranteed Legend. I'm hoping to do the same thing myself and get something to compliment the free Legend I'm still holding onto. I'm really pulling for Akainu and Whitebard.

EMT0

Banned
16 HPCC to finish Legend Blackbeard's HP CC, 2 ATKCC to finish Cavendish's ATK CC, and 31 RCVCC to finish Corazon's RCV CC. And to top it all off, I finished the Sun Pirates' ship. Next on the list to max, Aokiji's bike.

40 stamina CC is dope :^)

EMT0

Banned
It's pretty cool to have my Jinbe almost near Maxed out on CCs. Dude's basically almost done. I can only run the 40 stam Restaurant maybe three times with the character I currently have. though.

I'm rather fortunate that I maxed INTHawk recently. He makes for quick runs and lets me get ~6-7 runs in per half hour. Although I'm still running the 20 stamina with double SW Shanks.
Once I'm done with the above three I think I'm gonna get Blackbeard to +200 on ATK CC, get Marco to 50 HP CC, then start feeding my own Jinbe HP CC. RCV CC is probably going to go to 3D2Y Sanji next.

Bless Meat Up, for letting me pull this all off gem-free

MANUELF

Banned
What would be better? Do 2 multipulls on the third sugo day or use 1 on the first day and 1 on the third day? I will have 120 gems after the 50 gems giveaway
I have Boa, Fujitora, Doflamingo, Ace, Cavendish and Blackbeard as legends

RedBoot

Killer farming going okay. I've gotten skilled enough against Kid that I win fairly often now, though I'm still susceptible to unusually bad orb luck. Running this team and a similarly unreliable one against Colo Ace has just showed me how even orb boost max can leave you with no matching orb on two characters for 5-6 turns in a row. :/

Got 7 Killers last night before the end of skill up, which resulted in 0 skill ups because this is OPTC. Got 8 more today plus 4 books. Is anyone else seeing better book drop rates on Killer? I'm sure it's just RNG, but...

Global Pica raid tonight, first time! What's everyone using? I found a Sengoku team that seems safe, and a SW Shanks one which I should be able to do. Undecided but probably starting with Sengoku

Sengoku team is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFsXz195aDc

Is Alvida just there for safety in case you can't burst Pica fast enough? I feel like I'd rather put Lola there to possibly bring down the shield faster (plus better sockets and another orb boost).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Damn, the 30 minutes expired RIGHT before I started my 6th run of the 40 stamina CC island.

I've been using this team:

Legend Marco / Legend Marco

Legend Doffy / Legend Sabo

Tesoro / Raid Boa

.... wait, why am I not using Inthawk instead of Tesoro?

I think I'll be running this team for Pica:

mhLpF3F.png

I don't have SW Shanks so I think this is my next best option for speed farming and ease of use. The only downside would be that I can only use Borsalino's special every 3 turns, which would change his CA multiplier to 3x from 2x. That being said, I don't actually think I'll need to do that to kill the INT cannon enemies thanks to PSY advantage and orbs from Shank's CA. The upside is that Borsalino/Shanks outdamages Shanks/Shanks and his special will destroy Pica's hit barrier.

RedBoot

I am either not looking forward to hearing Pica over the next ~40 runs of his stage, or I am totally looking forward to hearing Pica over the next ~40 runs of his stage.

MANUELF

Banned
Maxed Cavendish, TS Robin and some other units and I lowered my SW Ace to 20 turns but Im tired now, will end SW Ace tomorrow then is Blackbeard time

RedBoot

This isn't a raid; this is an outright slaughter.

Seriously. 3 turns or 6 if you bring Usopp, and he doesn't do anything but change his type. A rainbow team with any reasonable amount of damage output can handle it easily.

This is what happens when we get a 40 stamina raid several months late. Is this how it'll be with Nightmare Luffy too when we get him (in six months)?

ExVicis

Seriously. 3 turns or 6 if you bring Usopp, and he doesn't do anything but change his type. A rainbow team with any reasonable amount of damage output can handle it easily.

This is what happens when we get a 40 stamina raid several months late. Is this how it'll be with Nightmare Luffy too when we get him (in six months)?

Rainbow team or just any PSY or INT team. I'm running Jinbe with Robin and some Orb Boost and he's crumbling like paper.

mileS

I have no use for Pica right now. Will do it for the free gem. All I use for captains are Sengoku, TS Luffy, and Blackbeard. Can't fit him in anywhere there.

Did a trap pull. 3d2y Luffy. Will never use him but hey it's new. Don't be a sucker and save your gems people.

Kyou

I'm weak for Akainu

Got my first dupe legend with another Rayleigh. It hurts but is also nice to finally have happen

cw_sasuke

Did a 10 pull hoping for Akainu or Kizaru....well no Legend, alot of dupes...but well at least i got. Gladius, new for me wanted him for a long time.

So anyone knows how many hours from now JPN resets or the Sugo starts ?

Majukun

Did a 10 pull hoping for Akainu or Kizaru....well no Legend, alot of dupes...but well at least i got. Gladius, new for me wanted him for a long time.

So anyone knows how many hours from now JPN resets or the Sugo starts ?

as of this post,in 52 minutes

ExVicis

Wow, goddamn that Japan Sugo. I got every TS Strawhat Gold possible and then Legend Zoro, Law and Sabo. Guess I have to make my free Legend Mihawk now.

This completely sated my Sugo pull thirst. Should be good to ignore global for a while.

bobohoro

Did 3 pulls, left happy:
Baby-5 DUPE
Haruta NEW
Luffy Gear 2 DUPE

Now I can drop Baccarat and start running Double Haruta teams for easier FNs. Still at 92 gems, so even with massive farming I should easily have a multi for the next 2 to 3 new sugo batches. Might just get another 50 box space, although with the frequent skill-up events it really doesn't feel necessary right now.

NM Luffy coming after Tesoro means everyone will have a team capable of obliterating him. Poor Luffy won't stand a chance.

MiTYH

Global: Did 4 single pulls:
- Log Usopp (new)
- Evolved pell (dupe)
- Base Sanji (dupe)
- Speed Jill (new)

Not terrible, but not the best. *shrug* QCK up is true. And Pica raiding is going well. Should have saved a pull or two and just gone hog-wild on this since I like Pica for my teams, but... ah well. We'll see if meat-up is kind to me

Japan, did four multis since I wanted G4. Didn't get it but got:
- 1st-2nd multi: No legends, but 2 Shiryu which'll help things along!
- 3rd multi: Borsalino, and Zoro (guaranteed)
- 4th Multi: Ray

So that brings my legend count to: Log Luffy, Barto, Ace, BlackBeard, Zoro, Doffy, Law, Borsalino, Jimbe, Ray.

Undecided who I want to claim for my free legend. Torn between Whitebeard and Sabo, though leaning towards the former.

bobohoro

Already up to 13 Pica thanks to meat-ups. Actually failed the raid twice with SW Shanks/TS Franky, switched to double Leg Lucci. Even though it takes a bit longer since I have to stall for Sanji special, it's pretty safe thanks to Rocket Man. When I see an Akainu FC I switch to my TS Sanji team which obliterates everything as usual.

Top Bottom