• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

And finally on my 19th Cabbage run I finally get a skull drop!

xSedNHs.jpg

MOTHER FUCKER GODDAMMIT PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

RedBoot

Yeah, Cavendish is arguably easier to Shiryu than Shanks, provided you make it past stage 1. I went with the following, which is actually F2P minus Shiryu: 2x Shiryu, Neo Doffy, Neo Mihawk, Colo Ain, and GPU. If you don't have Shiryu you could probably use Doffy as captain, add in a high ATK STR or INT Slasher, and go with a FC Shiryu (you'd have less shots at Cabbage, of course).

Ain gives you a little more firepower for taking out vital enemies like the Despair Girls, as well as ensuring you can generally take out the Giants (S2) and Lapins (S4) in one turn apiece. You'll end up with 2 or so less turns against Cabbage, but I'll take those odds over the actual stage being harder.

Anyway, that got me a Cavendish copy, so at least the stage is complete. I might "farm" it a bit since I still need a blue skull (and extra skulls are nice), though I think the upcoming Shanks invasions is probably more useful for me.

EMT0

Banned
I farmed 25 Kuma, got invaded 7 times but failed twice, but on the bright side I'm probably never failing Invasion Caendish again. I used the same team I planned on using. Now for Enel....guess it's time to socket PSY Enel?

Kyou

got three invasions in a row and failed them all to dumb mistakes while tweaking my team

last one I attacked the amazon with the shield with usopp not thinking and did one damage to her and got my specials locked for 20 turns

Hana-Bi

Got and beat Cavendish and my first Kuma run. Used this exact team. I actually ran into Cavendish on my second NML run but flubbed it because I ran Binz instead of GPU. Turns out GPU is pretty important for surviving the giant stage. Didn't see him again after that.
I think I need to run this team too. Tried it out with TS Nami instead of GPU but in my first run I couldn't stall enough to get the orb lock away and on my second try I got destroyed on the giant stage...

Damn, another failed attempt... Got despaired on stage 1 because I thought those Punks only despair me on attack but they despaired me after turn 1. :(

Okay, got my copy. :) The team is really easy (if you pay attention to all the attack patterns). Won't farm him though, because my raid Enel is maxed and story Enel only needs one orb socket to max socket him...

MiTYH

Can't do Cavendish and don't need Enel, so I'm cleaning up FNs today and... Damn, Croc has a terrible droprate. I only want one copy for collection right now, ignoring the secret Bon Clay I also want and, he just won't drop. 5-6 runs so far, and not a single Croc copy. I really wanted to get back to Sengoku to finish getting my Legend Goku some sockets, and try to find that secret character, but yeesh, it's taking forever just to get one Croc!

RedBoot

Getting something like a 20% ambush rate for Cavendish, which is not super great. But such is the ambush farming life. :p

Had a run where it took me 17 tries with Shiryu to KO Enel! I wish I could say that was a record, but I'm pretty sure I've had some in the 18-20 range before. Shiryu RNG is weird, I usually get it immediately or I have to wait 10+ tries.

Of course the one time the skull drops, it's a Yellow...

I need that Red Skull for WB so bad ;_;

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-

I'm on my 28th Cabbage copy and have only gotten 1 skull drop and it was a red one. I sold it for 1 berry because I already have 5.

STILL NO YELLOW THOUGH...

EMT0

Banned
10 successful Cabbage runs so far and no skulls. Blegh. I could and probably should farm more since Legend Zoro destroys both Enel and Cabbage but this is getting quite boring. Probably gonna stop running it soon.

I give up.

35 Cabbage copies. 1 red skull and nothing else.

I couldn't even finish the sockets on my PSY Enel even with him already mostly finished. Still missing one point in AH.

RedBoot

No skull drops here either, but at least I got a handful of Cavendish copies (that I will continue to hoard in hopes of the skill up boost).

Honestly, Shanks really seems to have a significantly higher skull drop rate than the other two. I'm really not sure why they'd do that, it's challenging enough to get an ambush to appear, and actually clear it successfully. Is it still like that in JPN too?

mileS

Raid Bellamy coming to Global! Sept. 10-11

Wish it was Magellan instead. Shouldn't complain though. I probably won't touch him much with the colo units out now. That alone will probably burn me out a bit.

I tend to only farm content that's absolutely necessary (Doffy, Enel, etc.) and characters I think are dope (Nightmare Luffy!!!).

So like, gimme Magellan. Dope character

mileS

maxed stainless and shiryu, time for the new fortnight

grats! I was farming books along with you, luck was all over the place.. I only had 12 books saved, went 0/5 for the first bit, then I pulled off a rare 4/5 feed (for global at least) So mine is maxed now as well. Didn't expect that at all. Only other time I've gone 4/5 is SW Shanks.

Senor Pink is also maxed, but that was to be expected when he was already special lvl 5 with 35 books saved.

MiTYH

1/11 on Raid Kuma, never gonna get him maxed. He's my new Enel, apparently. Still, his sockets are almost done.

Max/max'd ColoValentine. Had 3 copies I forgot about, got my last two AH sockets on them, so that was nice.

Nothing else I had saved was really worth it. Having skillups so often (not complaining!) means I don't have much saved to post.

New FN, as if we needed another. Sugar is my priority on it I think, that can definitely be a help if brought to non-Enel teams. Still, ran Sengoku all day yesterday after getting my Croc copy, and not one Sengoku drop. I may just cave and use tomes to Max my legend, but come on, give me something!

Majukun

6/34 on Cavendish. Not exactly whay I was hoping for.

well you are more or less on average, i d' say be thankful for that

did you guys farmed the raids just for cavendish or you really did not have some of those raid maxed?

sometimes i wonder if i sabotaged myself by maxing all those raids...shanks is usable because comes mainly from colosseum stages, but YB it's maybe at lv 4 skill and i don't have a single cavendish

MiTYH

did you guys farmed the raids just for cavendish or you really did not have some of those raid maxed?

sometimes i wonder if i sabotaged myself by maxing all those raids...shanks is usable because comes mainly from colosseum stages, but YB it's maybe at lv 4 skill and i don't have a single cavendish

When in doubt make a second with different sockets

Love it when I get a secret character right away! Still need Bon Clay and the one from Sengoku, but at least I can cross off this new FN off the list

Majukun

When in doubt make a second with different sockets

Love it when I get a secret character right away! Still need Bon Clay and the one from Sengoku, but at least I can cross off this new FN off the list

i pretty much neevr had a reason to make a second version of a character..but also,now that neo raids exist,you have even less reasons to make a second copy of a raid

MiTYH

i pretty much neevr had a reason to make a second version of a character..but also,now that neo raids exist,you have even less reasons to make a second copy of a raid

That's true, but not all have them yet so... *shrug* Other option would be to sell them for minimal Ray points

I'm not sure what to focus on now. In the span of one stamina refill, I got a load of Sengoku copies, and am now missing only 1 Bind socket on my legend. Odds are against me getting that, and since I don't have legend doffy or any other units, I think I'm done with that FN.

The only things I need are:

- Tom: Tom himself, he's a decent Sengoku unit, need 2 more special levels on him
- Bride Nami: Need 1 more special on INTvankov, that's about it
- Afro Luffy: Sockets for Luffy/Usopp units
- Kimono Croc: Specials for croc/mr3, plus the secret unit. Also 4 specials on Thatch
- Don Sai: Sockets for Don Sai, and... Giolla? I apparently max'd sugar before

Guess I'm rolling Croc until the new coliseum tonght

Kumo

Literally nothing for me to farm anymore from the current fn's. Uhh guess I'll farm sockets for TS nami then.

Didn't attempt to get a yellow skull either but judging from others here, I'm guessing it would have been a wasted effort.

Hana-Bi

Quad maxed my striker Law today. :)

Sadly I won't have time to farm the colo stages today/this weekend. Will try to farm Kanjuro for my Law team. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
4/17 on Kuma....yay.

His CD is now at 15 - only one skillup left i think.

1/6 on Raid Enel.
Yeah ill never max him lol.
shiryu x 2
x2 powerful slashers with big hp pool (legends)
psy marco/legend marco
gp usopp

this one should work accoridng to this video

https://youtu.be/XwfuvMJWlj8

it doesn't show kuma but shiryu team just need to be able to reach the boss,an i don't remember something in the kuma raid that can stop you from doing so
Thanks,
sadly i didnt get any invades on my old account while running Shiryu...but i also dont have the high HP slasher subs to reach +80k like the dude in this video.

About Shiryu...what is the optimal way to play him ? As of now, i just try to get to the boss and use both skills...if they dont work out i restart and use other units skills before using Shiryus again....if that also doesnt work ill restart, attack regularly and try again with Shiryu on the next turn....is that the optimal way to play and use his active ?
I'm thinking about Double Shiryu, Shiki, Saga and GPU+Marco. Since the thoughest stage will be the second one on Cavendish, where orbs are sealed and the giants have quite a bit of HP, two class boosters should take care of it. You could also use 3D2Y Zoro if his special level is low enough. Have Saga and GPU ready for stage 4 again and Cav himself shouldn't be a problem.

Both Kuma and Enel should be easy enough with GPU/Marco. Although I'm not yet sure how much thougher the lightning damage would make stalling.

Did you have any luck farming or at least getting one Cavendish copy with 2x Shiryu ?

I only have him on my OG account but im thinking of putting some sockets on him now that i finished Lucci/Doffy and dont have any other Legends to work on.
Quad maxed my striker Law today. :)

Sadly I won't have time to farm the colo stages today/this weekend. Will try to farm Kanjuro for my Law team. :)

Nice - congrats !!!

One skill up per four copies would be considered average. I usually hope for 1 in 5 to temper my expectations but it still sucks any time an invasion feed goes poorly because of the time investment put into it.

I redid my raid Kuma from CD/bind/AH to CD/orbs/AH because I kept missing out on lvl 1 orbs on my Akainu teams unless my FC was using orbs. That went unusually quick so I started a new Kuma without AH for the cerebral team that I don't actually have. The only other raid boss I did another copy was Dex Doffy but he kinda became pointless when I pulled 6* Doffy and now with Neo Doffy.

Majukun

One skill up per four copies would be considered average. I usually hope for 1 in 5 to temper my expectations but it still sucks any time an invasion feed goes poorly becauss of the time investment put into it.

I redid my raid Kuma from CD/bind/AH to CD/orbs/AH because I kept missing out on lvl 1 orbs on my Akainu teams unless my FC was using orbs. That went unusually quick so I started a new Kuma without AH for the cerebral team that I don't actually have. The only other raid boss I did another copy was Dex Doffy but he kinda became pointless when I pulled 6* Doffy and now with Neo Doffy.

the average,at least for me,it's 1 out of 5

bobohoro

Did you have any luck farming or at least getting one Cavendish copy with 2x Shiryu ?

Only really tried Cav once and failed due to not hitting my perfects on stage 3 and getting bad CD on the enemies. But it should be doable pretty safely overall, although typing and CDs can mess you up a bit. Might not be a bad idea to use Doffy ship since you don't have enemies with a Great shield and could use the easier perfects.

Skillmaxed Shiryu and Maynard, so now I have nothing useful to farm in the current FNs. Oh well, will advance the rookie missions a bit further, finish the last story island and concentrate on Colo for now.

RedBoot

I finally used some Shanks copies today since I'm really starting to run into space issues even with all the skill-ups. Went 0/10. So if you ever consider such things, don't do it. :p

I think I'm just going to have to stop hoarding so many RR skill books and just keep "important" ones. I was thinking I could race the game to the skill book stacking update, but there's no guessing when we'll get it and clearing out your non-hoarded stock on a skill up day and looking at ~50 free spots is bad. It's not like I'm really gonna miss Ricky or Burgess skill ups if I ever pull them.

Vaguely considering a multipull tonight, as I can afford it while still being ready for a theoretical G4 sugo. Though I do think the RRs in Zou 2 are better than Zou 1.

EMT0

Banned
I've got to put the breaks on myself and not pull for at least 4-5 batches(barring guaranteed G4). Mostly because it's not worth my while to pull and get all dupes(and another QCK Hancock).

What are you guys gonna run for Kinemon and Kanjuro? I'm probably going to try a Fuji team; I'd use Zoro if I had Borsalino but without him, Shanks seems like he'd be a pain in the ass.

Majukun

I've got to put the breaks on myself and not pull for at least 4-5 batches(barring guaranteed G4). Mostly because it's not worth my while to pull and get all dupes(and another QCK Hancock).

What are you guys gonna run for Kinemon and Kanjuro? I'm probably going to try a Fuji team; I'd use Zoro if I had Borsalino but without him, Shanks seems like he'd be a pain in the ass.

for kinemon i'm going with

fuji x2
doflamingo
shiki
akainu raid
psy marco

no idea for the other 2

RedBoot

I'm planning on farming all three, so I might start with Marguerite and see what kind of teams people find for Kinemon and Kanjuro. I've gone one boss per week before, so it shouldn't be too bad. Although considering how much of an upgrade Kanjuro will be for WB teams I almost want to start with him.

bonkeng

Did 1 multi, as always when i have 50 gems.

1. Crocus dupe
2. Dream Robin dupe
3. Nojiko dupe
4. Dr. Hiriluk new
5. Mansherry dupe
6. Leo dupe
7. V1 Zoro
8. TS Robin new
9. BLACKBEARD
10. 3d2y Robin dupe

+1. Kinemon new

Happy getting my first dex legend. And my 10th legend as a f2p.

RedBoot

I had the worst multi I've ever pulled and possibly ever seen anyone pull. It's so bad I'm not even going to talk about it (but I kept 1 of the 11 units and got 1600 raypoints, so do some mental math there). Not a single boosted unit, and the only new unit was SW Nami. I'm not even mad about it, honestly, because it's kind of amazing. Plus now I have the needed resolve to never pull again until G4 sugo or something similar.

My RNG was bad on skill ups and bad in FE Heroes today, so I should have taken the hint. :p

EMT0

Banned
Did 1 multi, as always when i have 50 gems.

1. Crocus dupe
2. Dream Robin dupe
3. Nojiko dupe
4. Dr. Hiriluk new
5. Mansherry dupe
6. Leo dupe
7. V1 Zoro
8. 3d2y Robin new
9. BLACKBEARD
10. 3d2y Robin dupe

+1. Kinemon new

Happy getting my first dex legend. And my 10th legend as a f2p.

Congrats, welcome to the OPTC-GAF Blackbeard squad. We are surprisingly many.

EDIT: Dat new event tho O_O It's a great time for new players, get one of every major story unit(Croc, Enel, Lucci, Moria, Akainu, RAYLEIGH) for clearing the appropriate stage in Story Mode. Free Robin/Franky/Brook skull, 1/2 Stamina Rookie + Returning FNs, Le Crap returns, and 4 days of double exp on Extra Island. Neptune wept in joy of 50k exp per 60 stamina FN run :DDDDD Excellent timing too since the Viola/Sanji FN should drop and the Donquixote Kids FN returns. Gonna max Law and Don Sai this time around, plus Doc Q, Garp, Onigumo, and TS Sanji sockets? Bandai you're being unusually good to me. Right now I'm favoring Franky's skull, although players without many Legends should def go Robin who's almost as good as Raid Enel at doing Enel shenanigans. Ultimately, I'll prob go with whoever's stage seems to be the most annoying.

EMT0

Banned
Thank you. What's the recommended subs for BB?

Made a mistake on my pull list, actually got TS Robin and not 3d2y lol.

It always varies by the content, but I'll list some of my most used units:

General Purpose:
Raid Doffy
Kizaru
Whitebeard 6+
Raid Sabo
Legend/RR Marco
GPU

DrivenBeard:
Shiki
Colo Smoker
RR Gladius*
Lao G

*Can be swapped for FN Heat alongside using the Dutchman for a conditional attack boost if no RR Gladius for a full F2P variant, once he drops

PowerBeard(P2P):
Hyouzou
Ikaros
3D2Y Sanji*
Random PH Shooter**

*Once QCK Story Hody drops, use him instead unless you NEED the 2x boost/DEX typing
**Story Hody goes here, and turns the Fighter slot into a flex slot for units like Hack, Legend Marco, Dellinger(<----awesome orb manipulator), Limited RR Jinbe, Legend Sanji if you're so inclined, Legend Lucci, etc. since Powerhouse is stacked with Fighter units

PowerBeard(F2P):
Raid Fujitora
Colo Kyros
Story Hody
Colo Chinjao

Full board of orbs, three health cuts, and a class/orb boost, all F2P

DEX Speedrunning:*
Bellamy
Doublefinger
Izo
5+ Zoro

*5+ Zoro's probs a better friend than another Blackbeard when going for that optimal speedrunning

bonkeng

It always varies by the content, but I'll list some of my most used units:

General Purpose:
Raid Doffy
Kizaru
Whitebeard 6+
Raid Sabo
Legend/RR Marco
GPU

DrivenBeard:
Shiki
Colo Smoker
RR Gladius*
Lao G

*Can be swapped for FN Heat alongside using the Dutchman for a conditional attack boost if no RR Gladius for a full F2P variant, once he drops

Oh nice. I can build these 2 teams. Thanks a lot dude.

Hana-Bi

Did two multis. Got Wanda and Momonosuke on my first multi but only dupes on my second multi. And of course I got two red dupes (Barto and Boa) on that multi too. I got way more red dupes now than unique ones...

Oh well, did another multi. Well yeah, worst multi ever. Dupes, 7 silvers, I'm done lol. :)

Top Bottom