• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Season 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

There's more than enough if they adapt ONE's manga and ignore Murata's boring-as-hell-filler.

I really, really hate this attitude especially from reading reddit /onepunchman. It's like everyone is suddenly an elite ONE reader only. Jesus Christ both are working on the Manga version.

Moaradin

I really, really hate this attitude especially from reading reddit /onepunchman. It's like everyone is suddenly an elite ONE reader only. Jesus Christ both are working on the Manga version.

It's still boring regardless of who wrote the Murata stuff.

janoDX

https://twitter.com/hiloko_m/status/780043757395640320

Guess who's ready for another round?

CtNFqNVUEAIpU-c.jpg

L00P

Huh?

One Punch man is Madhouse. Mop-Psycho is Bones. How can one studio distract another studios work?

Also, ''superior''?

Lol

While I reallly like OPM, there were parts that was better animated in the freaking online manga version, even if they were just key frames

Not saying Mob Psycho's superior to OPM or anything, I just think the Mob adaptation is not getting the credit it deserves

Wanderer5

I should probably get around watching the first season sometime lol, having enjoyed the manga. I been blown away by Mob Psycho 100 through, and sure hope that gets a 2nd season.

It's still boring regardless of who wrote the Murata stuff.
Yea~h, I disagree. The tourney arc and specifically Metal Bat's extensive side arc have been fantastic. So much so I legit think MB would do great in his own spin off manga. It isn't even fair to call any of this filler; ONE still writes it. It's merely an extension of the story from his original version.

ZoddGutts

Got bored by the Murata version of OPM that I've bailed on it. Can't even seem to remember much of what happened this past year.

Crocodile

I'm surprised that a new season was announced so soon but I'm super game :)

Also everybody can fuck off with "hurrr durrr filler" whining! The Murata extensions (which have surely been approved by ONE) have been great stuff. Y'all are only salty because of the inconsistent release schedule. If this was a normal weekly/monthly manga you wouldn't be crying about pacing (well most of you anyway).

Moaradin

Also everybody can fuck off with "hurrr durrr filler" whining! The Murata extensions (which have surely been approved by ONE) have been great stuff. Y'all are only salty because of the inconsistent release schedule. If this was a normal weekly/monthly manga you wouldn't be crying about pacing (well most of you anyway).

The release schedule definitely doesn't help but the main problem is the new stuff simply isn't interesting. We've been on this boring tournament for months now and it doesn't add anything to the arc which is why it feels like filler. And I'm not against expanding the arc. The earlier stuff with Metal Bat was great and it actually contributed to the arc in a neat way.

The pacing is just off. It's really hurting the Garou arc because it's really losing focus. OPM started off as a parody of shonens but now it almost feels like the same kind of show it used to make fun of.

Zaru

But pacing issues disappear for most serializations when you consume them in bulk. Doesn't change that it's released with a wait between the chapters (even longer waits between the volume releases) which inevitably tests the fans' patience.
Regular hype and speculation can make up a significant portion of why a series gets popular and forms a lasting, committed community. The current content combined with the irregular, spread-out release schedule has put a huge damper on people's enthusiasm.

Breads

Banned
While I reallly like OPM, there were parts that was better animated in the freaking online manga version, even if they were just key frames

Not saying Mob Psycho's superior to OPM or anything, I just think the Mob adaptation is not getting the credit it deserves

I'll say it though.

I think both series are amazing and helped rekindle my hobby of watching anime weekly. If tasked whict picking one series over another I would choose Mob Psycho 100 as I do indeed feel it is the superior series. I like the animation and writing more in Mob.

Pharaun

Yea~h, I disagree. The tourney arc and specifically Metal Bat's extensive side arc have been fantastic. So much so I legit think MB would do great in his own spin off manga. It isn't even fair to call any of this filler; ONE still writes it. It's merely an extension of the story from his original version.

Metal Bat already has his own series, it's called Yu Yu Hakusho.

I'm only half joking

Crocodile

The release schedule definitely doesn't help but the main problem is the new stuff simply isn't interesting. We've been on this boring tournament for months now and it doesn't add anything to the arc which is why it feels like filler. And I'm not against expanding the arc. The earlier stuff with Metal Bat was great and it actually contributed to the arc in a neat way.

The pacing is just off. It's really hurting the Garou arc because it's really losing focus. OPM started off as a parody of shonens but now it almost feels like the same kind of show it used to make fun of.

But pacing issues disappear for most serializations when you consume them in bulk. Doesn't change that it's released with a wait between the chapters (even longer waits between the volume releases) which inevitably tests the fans' patience.
Regular hype and speculation can make up a significant portion of why a series gets popular and forms a lasting, committed community. The current content combined with the irregular, spread-out release schedule has put a huge damper on people's enthusiasm.

For what its worth, the tourney arc looks like its will end within a chapter or two. I dunno, I feel like they are setting up plotlines that will pay off in the future. I have nitpicks but I can't really say I've been disappointed by what I've read and the most recent chapter was great. I guess I'm just patient?

Moaradin

For what its worth, the tourney arc looks like its will end within a chapter or two. I dunno, I feel like they are setting up plotlines that will pay off in the future. I have nitpicks but I can't really say I've been disappointed by what I've read and the most recent chapter was great. I guess I'm just patient?

I peaked at the most recent chapter and it seems like they're going back to the MA stuff and there's interesting changes there. I'm not really keeping up to date on the manga anymore though. Just reading it whenever WSJ has the chapters.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So this seems like they are going to adapt up to the current webcomic arc and maybe a bit more which makes sense if its another 12 episodes. Then that saves the stuff that comes after that most people would have originally thought would be in season 2 for a theoretical third season.

Mupod

I'm not up to date with the manga or webcomic but I would lose my shit if the whole Garou arc gets animated.

i-Lo

I have only kept up with Anime adaptation and as such in just a yes or no can anyone tell me (from the webcomic series):

1. Whether there is further delving into why Bofoi (metal knight) may be Genos' enemy?

2. Whether the A class rank 1 blue haired model is capable of being in S class?

I have only kept up with Anime adaptation and as such in just a yes or no can anyone tell me (from the webcomic series):

1. Whether there is further delving into why Bofoi (metal knight) may be Genos' enemy?

2. Whether the A class rank 1 blue haired model is capable of being in S class?

1. not really

2. yes, he's s class himself but stays at rank 1 as a filter

HStallion

I'm not up to date with the manga or webcomic but I would lose my shit if the whole Garou arc gets animated.

That whole arc is longer than everything that happened in season 1 and then some and now with Murata adding a lot of stuff to his adaptation I can see them saving a lot of that stuff for a third season down the road when he's further ahead.

HStallion

Even Tatsumaki herself admits Blast is levels above her. Blast will only show up when there's a God level threat I bet.

Well yeah that and [webcomic spoilers]
he looks just like Saitama did when he had hair and even sports an incredibly similar hero costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom