• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Season 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that both the OPM and MPO series(manga and anime) are taking off and their popularity is rising amongst western and eastern fans.

I just hope that the creator doesn't burn himself out like the creator of Bleach did. If you need time to craft greatness, make the people wait.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm glad that both the OPM and MPO series(manga and anime) are taking off and their popularity is rising amongst western and eastern fans.

I just hope that the creator doesn't burn himself out like the creator of Bleach did. If you need time to craft greatness, make the people wait.

Well he has more than enough story stuff for another season in MP100 and with what Murata is adding in, nearly 2 seasons for One Punch Man.

Now all we need is a One Punch Man and/or Mob Psycho 100 video game!

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Now all we need is a One Punch Man and/or Mob Psycho 100 video game!

That, or a live action movie(probably Japan making one first), seems like the next logical step. The only way OPM works as a video game is if you don't play as Saitama and he makes appearances instead. Otherwise it would just be classified as the easiest game in the world.

A-V-B

That, or a live action movie(probably Japan making one first), seems like the next logical step. The only way OPM works as a video game is if you don't play as Saitama and he makes appearances instead. Otherwise it would just be classified as the easiest game in the world.

Oh god please no live action saitama, there'd be no ONE faces unless they got really avant garde

Parshias7

OPM game where the difficulty is not in defeating the monsters but managing to make it to the supermarket in time for the special sale.

The classic challenge of making a superman game. They could do it.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god please no live action saitama, there'd be no ONE faces unless they got really avant garde

h94Ij3a.jpg

cGlLUKo.jpg

WraSsgm.jpg

The answer is obviously to play as everyone EXCEPT Saitama for about 95 percent of the game.

Maybe they could give you more control of your punches and power maybe, so the challenge is holding back and using just enough force for a threat. But yea, he could just show up here and there. And there could be a destruction "training" mode where he can just tear apart cities.

There was that idea where you play as Genos in MGR style game (minus the swordplay) and at the final boss, where the game's escalation reaches its peak, Saitama just shows and beats it in one punch.

"oh hey genos"

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

It could work, but it needs a director/producer who can handle high octane action and everyday comedy.

In a perfect world it would be either Mad Max Fury Road's George Miller or Pulp Fiction's Quentin Tarantino(Only because I feel like he is really good at small talk and dialogue between important characters).

I don't know many Japanese directors and producers so I wouldn't be sure who to put on the job. What I do know is that the live action adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin was pretty great.

Edit: My other problem with an OPM game in this current era is that the only high profile developers taking the helm on anime games lately have been Tecmo Koei and Namco Bandai. The former tends to turn everything they get into a musou game. The latter turns everything they get into a fighting game. OPM game should be neither really. I guess maybe a fighting game could work if you had open environments to fight in with all of the heroes fighting each other, like Naruto, but it would be a waste in my opinion.

Evilisk

While I'm definitely excited for this, I just hope this means there isn't extra filler.

It could work, but it needs a director/producer who can handle high octane action and everyday comedy.

I feel like Stephen Chow (the guy who made Kung Fu Hustle) would be great for this, though it'd probably never happen

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Crap. Did we all already know this? I didn't. Ah well, late and good > now and all filler no killer.

". Previous speculations revealed that "One Punch Man" Season 2 will air in October or November but a reported delay was communicated to the fans saying that the Season 2 released date was cancelled and pushed through 2017."

http://www.universityherald.com/art...-one-punch-man-mobile-game-available-soon.htm

This article is very hard to read, I'm guessing the author's first language isn't English? Anyways I'm not sure why anyone thought season two would start airing this month. They announced a new season this month, they aren't going to have it come out the next. Was a foolish thing to think in the first place.

That and they talk about some really silly rumors that I have no clue where they are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom