• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One small step for IGN, one giant leap for videogames journalism

scoobs

wow.... the fact that you don't realize this is an april fool's joke... well nevermind I'll let the rest of gaf torment you for your stupidity.

Evander

"industry expert"
I couldn't get through that drivel, but did he claim that the Wii is failing because third party games are selling?

I never bough Galaxy, and I don't really intend to. I DID buy Wii Play, because it comes with a friggen remote. Somehow that spells doom for Nintendo?

Insaniac

Haunted One said:
So if that's their April Fool's joke, that must mean the Legend of Zelda movie trailer is actually real.

But yeah, Blizzard definitely took it home this year.

oh shit i need to check blizzards!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Insaniac said:
oh shit i need to check blizzards!

Bard class ftw.

BTW OP.....eh, forget it. Unless you were somehow milking this....which would probably actually be worse for you, banwise.

hokahey

It would funny if there weren't so many people saying exactly what the article says. It's hard to read what seems to be popular sentiment at a site well known for it's anti-Nintendo bias as a joke.

The-Switcher said:
This article is ok....

25r15p1.gif

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?

This is
neogafdino.jpg

, dude.

legend166

I still don't get how this is an April Fools joke.

1. It isn't funny at all.

2. It was posted on March 31st.

3. How does Rus Mclaughlin give it away?

I mean, I'm willing to admit that I've been had, but I don't see it.

legend166

Ok, I looked into it more:

This is not an April Fools article. Here's a quote from an article written by Rus McLaughlin back in November:

If this keeps up, sooner or later, the general public will lose interest. That's when the Wii becomes just another fad, and the thing about fads is this: they fade.

So yeah, it's retarded and it's real. And those people that are like "lolol op self owned moron" - you suck.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
curious if the people dismissing the article actually read it..I know its much easier to just dismiss it instead of actually responding to the argument.

Funny because people think its "hate" but its hardly that if you actually read it.

I read the whole thing. Can't say I disagree. The Wii's potential is largely wasted when it comes to the REAL games that everyone here cares about, and I don't see that situation changing anytime soon. Even Spielberg was trying to tell us he had some great design idea and it turned out to be ... a block-tossing mini game. (Not that I think Speilberg knows shit about making games anyway, but I thought it was ironic.)

No way in hell I would spend more than $99 on one. It's a Galaxy player, and that's about it. There, I said it.

MisterHero

RadarScope1 said:
I read the whole thing. Can't say I disagree. The Wii's potential is largely wasted when it comes to the REAL games that everyone here cares about, and I don't see that situation changing anytime soon. Even Spielberg was trying to tell us he had some great design idea and it turned out to be ... a block-tossing mini game. (Not that I think Speilberg knows shit about making games anyway, but I thought it was ironic.)

No way in hell I would spend more than $99 on one. It's a Galaxy player, and that's about it. There, I said it.
there's a reason Donkey Kong succeeded and you failed

medrew

this is the same guy that said before the PS3's launch that the 360 wasn't its competition but rather the Wii was.

now the Wii isn't 360's competition. Maybe next he can shape-shift into a key so I can robs me some houses

LCGeek

formerly sane
Joke or no joke it's a retarded article

I love how he combines various companies to beat nintendo. Doesn't address the fact that more people spend on 360 because I feel software selection is of a much better quality than the other 2.

Ignores that SMG is beating SMS in far much less time and is still selling and will probably continue to, same for TP which really is a gc game with tacked on Wii controls. Overall seems hes completely ignorant of sales or just cherry picking us stats to bolster more of his argument.

The MP3 aiming comment was so dumb I don't see how one couldn't think it's a joke article.

I really hope the article wasn't serious as this would just be a new low out of ign.

Edit

RadarScope1 everyone here hasn't been all that nintendo faithful since the psx. The idea that nintendo should be appeasing the hardcore base after the last two gens is just arrogance and entitlement considering sales both software and hardware. They are software company they only serve those that make it worthwhile and take what they give. MS is far worse when it comes to treatment of customers if they didn't pay for games or buy out devs they would have a ton of hate flying in their direction by console gamers on top of what some groups in the pc factions think.

Top Bottom