• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One thing I can never figure out in Disgaea

madara

Like when your in item world and suddenly it seem like all hours of your hard work has gone down the drain because of the layout. How do you reach some places to kill enemies without skipping the floor? Like right now for example after 2hours suddenly I am in floor that would take 24 spaces at an angle to throw someone to enemy. There is no warp tiles or anything tiles for that matter. My casters could not possible reach them. Boggle. this I never figured out and always just skipped floor. Is there class or special remedies this bad luck?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
madara said:
Like when your in item world and suddenly it seem like all hours of your hard work has gone down the drain because of the layout. How do you reach some places to kill enemies without skipping the floor? Like right now for example after 2hours suddenly I am in floor that would take 24 spaces at an angle to throw someone to enemy. There is no warp tiles or anything tiles for that matter. My casters could not possible reach them. Boggle. this I never figured out and always just skipped floor. Is there class or special remedies this bad luck?

Well, there is one possible way I know of. Use the character that can change the function of a tile (Scouts?). After one or more tries, I think it's possible to change the neccessary tiles into warp tiles.

*shrug* You don't have to complete the levels, it doesn't affect your item growth. You still get 10 levels worth of weapon enhancement. Only thing it does (AFAIK) is give your characters exp and bonus items (so make sure to complete the level if you've done some geo panel combos). What's important is defeating the teachers and the item generals at the last level.

Prospero

I think I've only ever had one level in Item World that was absolutely unsolvable (and it was because
I didn't have Gordon yet, who has a larger throw range than everyone else but thieves
). In that case, or whenever I just couldn't be bothered with a level, I'd use Mr. Gency's Exit, and then come back into the newly randomized level. After a while you'll have more Gencys than you'll know what to do with, so it's no big loss.

Those areas are impossible to reach, until you get the hyperdrive, which will let you warp to any spot on the map. I forgot what you need to do to get it though.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm assuming the topic starter knows this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. The item world is completely randomized, hence the occasionally impossible-to-reach areas.

Top Bottom