• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onepunch-Man |OT| only S-Class heroes allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
the footprint was normal sized

the giant fist was symbolic; it represented Saitama's overwhelming strength. Basically it was all in Genos' head/for effect.

ONE has never confirmed this to be the case for Saitama. The canon explanation for his powers is still 100 Push-Ups, 100 Squats and 10 KM running

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

i mean, tbf when Garou was at his peak
he managed to overwhelm every S class hero present, including Tatsumaki, so it seems pretty implausible that anyone else could have stopped him; he probably could wipe out humanity, but it might take a while since he doesn't have energy explosions

I never said otherwise. I was just stating that I was unsure whether it was confirmed or not but it isn't a leap to believe that that will in time become the explanation for Saitama's power.
In that arc, he and Garou were made to appear as mirror images of one another-one wanting to be a hero and the other desiring to become a monster. That was my interpretation at least and they both overcame the boundaries set on them. Whether this is correct or not we shall later see but I wasn't attempting to pass my extrapolation on as fact

We still don't know anything concerning Blast

Mega

Banned
I love how every asshole is like who the hell is this plain nobody while simultaneously being awed that King, Bang, Fubuki, Mumen and Genos gladly hang out with him. His circle of friends becomes more amazing as the story continues.

Tatsumaki though :)

Sealed

Banned
i want tats to be part of the crew

I never said otherwise. I was just stating that I was unsure whether it was confirmed or not but it isn't a leap to believe that that will in time become the explanation for Saitama's power.
In that arc, he and Garon where made to appear as mirror images of one another-one wanting to be a hero and the other desiring to become a monster. That was my interpretation at least and they both overcame the boundaries set on them. Whether this is correct or not we shall later see but I wasn't attempting to pass my extrapolation on as fact

We still don't know anything concerning Blast

i'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not confirmed or unconfirmed as of yet. I do think it's the most plausible thing other than the training regimen, and wouldn't be unhappy if that were the actual explanation either.

i wonder how long one is going to hold Blast out on us though.

Not how I remember it. Anyone got a screencap?

sesZePN.jpg

Allonym

i want tats to be part of the crew

i'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not confirmed or unconfirmed as of yet. I do think it's the most plausible thing other than the training regimen, and wouldn't be unhappy if that were the actual explanation either.

i wonder how long one is going to hold Blast out on us though.

People were speculating that Blast is actually Saitama since no one has actually met Blast.

Sealed

Banned
People were speculating that Blast is actually Saitama since no one has actually met Blast.

not really sure how that would be possible since Blast held #1 S rank before Saitama joined the association, and since
S class didn't exist from the beginning.
I mean I guess it could be possible that Blast is just a placeholder for the guy who saved cleft chin's grandkid, and then it would be Saitama, but i don't really think that's the case.

could be wrong though

Allonym

not really sure how that would be possible since Blast held #1 S rank before Saitama joined the association, and since
S class didn't exist from the beginning.
I mean I guess it could be possible that Blast is just a placeholder for the guy who saved cleft chin's grandkid, and then it would be Saitama, but i don't really think that's the case.

could be wrong though
What you described later is the grounds for that argument but it seems plausible considering none of Blast's exploits are known/documented and Saitama owns all the physical records at the Heroes Association. Saitama killed Crabinite, thereby saving the Ha founder's grandson and maybe it was done in commeration of the first hero?

1upsuper

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times before, but is there any reason to start the web comic from the beginning if I've watched the anime season and read all of the manga? I read the manga from the start after the anime because of side stories, but is the web comic more one to one with the manga, so I don't need to start it from the beginning?

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times before, but is there any reason to start the web comic from the beginning if I've watched the anime season and read all of the manga? I read the manga from the start after the anime because of side stories, but is the web comic more one to one with the manga, so I don't need to start it from the beginning?
No you're good. Anime>Manga from the beginning>Webcomic from where the manga leaves off and nothing will be missed.

I love how every asshole is like who the hell is this plain nobody while simultaneously being awed that King, Bang, Fubuki, Mumen and Genos gladly hang out with him. His circle of friends becomes more amazing as the story continues.

The Saitama Group is going to be such a badass moment in Season 2 if the bonus chapters aren't skipped. I just can't see Tats joining the gang, though. I honestly think she'd ruin the dynamic. Fubuki is best girl anyway.

I like the theory that Blast is a grown up Mob. He's not since ONE doesn't like crossovers, but it checks out other than that. A major recluse that tries his best not to stand out and someone that's about as powerful as Tatsumaki when he was a kid.

The Saitama Group is going to be such a badass moment in Season 2 if the bonus chapters aren't skipped. I just can't see Tats joining the gang, though. I honestly think she'd ruin the dynamic. Fubuki is best girl anyway.

How would she ruin the dynamic? She'd just be a typical tsundere ("it's not like you won or anything, but I'll stick around since Bang is here") bringing groceries and playing video games with King and Saitama.

Though it's already gonna be tough to keep the dynamic with how much his fanclub is growing. There's a few A classes pending as well.

Mega

Banned
All the dialogue between Tatsumaki and Saitama in the last few chapters says it all (finally looked up "tsundere" and that's pretty much it). She's gonna stick around or else the manga is stringing us along with all the recent hints. Besides she brings a different dynamic to the crew. Fubuki is conventionally attractive, popular and has the gang. Tatsumaki is a fearsome beast, the most powerful hero besides Saitama (and maybe Blast).

Re: Blast, I read a theory it's actually no one. It's a forever empty spot for no one to attain and for everyone to strive to reach. That's a pretty cool concept but I still want it to be someone new.

Oh and I thought Sonic would've given up his revenge plans by now and settled down as a quasi-hero with the group. A nice fit as the speedster and ninja.

My favorite dumb Blast theory is that he's actually Shicchi / Sitch, the high-ranking hero association official with the big nose. I guess that Child Emperor bonus chapter could be read in a way that supports that.

Qvoth

My favorite dumb Blast theory is that he's actually Shicchi / Sitch, the high-ranking hero association official with the big nose. I guess that Child Emperor bonus chapter could be read in a way that supports that.

LOL
saw the picture from /a/ few days ago, so obvious it was a fake

I like the theory that Blast is a grown up Mob. He's not since ONE doesn't like crossovers, but it checks out other than that. A major recluse that tries his best not to stand out and someone that's about as powerful as Tatsumaki when he was a kid.

How would she ruin the dynamic? She'd just be a typical tsundere ("it's not like you won or anything, but I'll stick around since Bang is here") bringing groceries and playing video games with King and Saitama.

Though it's already gonna be tough to keep the dynamic with how much his fanclub is growing. There's a few A classes pending as well.
Exactly. That spot is already filled by Fubuki, the superior and more interesting sister by far. I don't mind Tats in her current role but joining the Saitama gang? No thanks! I really don't want to see any more attention given to her than is. Of all the amazing characters ONE has created she is easily the weak link (somewhat thanks to Murata's design of her).

Edit:

New manga chapter raw spoilers

We Metal Bat's sister now

She's totes adorbs.

Man, I really want Murata to get back to the Garou arc but I also love all these side stories and bonus chapters. I'd totally follow a spin off series starring Metal Bat.

Finalow

that sounds fun enough, although foreshadowing such a twist in a random bonus chapter seems pretty weird.

I wouldn't mind Blast being a completely new character, and possibly much stronger than any other S.

that part was hilarious.

Tuck

Decided to start reading the manga - started from the beginning, just to refresh myself. Gonna blow through and start on the ONE webcomic from where the manga leaves off.

No way. The way I see it,
Genos will get beat down by Bofoy's ultimate cyborg and Saitama will save him in the name of friendship... or something.

I'm caught up with the webcomic and
Tatsumaki is definitely going to fall for Saitama and it will be amazing because he won't reciprocate for a looong time, if ever. It'll be just like how he couldn't be bothered to take on disciples or find work or listen to speeches or do anything involving patience really.

Regarding God inside Saitama:
Saitama has no God inside of him. I thought it was heavily implied that a God, or the OPM universe's one God, is the one creating all the monsters like how he gave that homeless guy superpowers. OPM is a regular guy who broke the power limiter God/fate/universe places on each person. My guess is the God level threat will in fact be God itself coming to wipe out all existence after being tainted by an unexpected variable (Saitama). The God level threat definitely isn't Boros, Garou or Bofoy (Bofoy = next big story arc I think). I do like the theory that Saitama is an unexpected wild card that that the universe never saw coming and that Garou and Boros were originally meant fo fight each other.

Anyway I took a many months long break from the webcomic and I'm dismayed at how few chapters have come out since. Geez. :(

So Saitama is Link from Majora's Mask? (i.e. majora had already won but it took a total stranger outside of the universe's logic coming in to throw a major wrench into everything and there was no way to prevent it/see it coming)

The last chapter of the manga was updated. Some pages removed, some panels added. Small spoilers for the new chapter:
HA! Metal Bat was about to defeat Garou and only stopped because of his sister.

METAL BAT AIN'T NO JOBBER, FAM!

Edit: Doesn't this make him the first Hero not to be defeated by Garou in one of his "hunts". Give this man a spin off series already.

"Fuck reasons. It's fighting spirit!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Which chapter is this from? I don't remember it in Murata's manga but the art is way too consistent to be ONE.

What if Mob is tats and fubukis father? now that would be interesting. Though i guess it probably aint going to happen.

Which chapter is this from? I don't remember it in Murata's manga but the art is way too consistent to be ONE.
The last Young Jump special chapter. While this isn't the case here, I've reread the manga several times because Murata has snuck in bonus side stories in earlier arcs or created alternate versions/redraws of entire chapters. It's both really cool and a little maddening.

In typical shounen manga the hero gathers allies by beating them then being nice. In OPM the hero gathers allies by the allies showing up to his apartment themselves.

Tuck

Just reached the point in the manga where the anime ended. One thing I definitely noticed was that the anime was quite faithful, though I think there were a few new scenes added in.

Excited to move onto the stuff not covered by the anime. I haven't enjoyed a manga this much since I read One Piece.

Sealed

Banned
I like the theory that Blast is a grown up Mob. He's not since ONE doesn't like crossovers, but it checks out other than that. A major recluse that tries his best not to stand out and someone that's about as powerful as Tatsumaki when he was a kid

i like this one

i heard the theory about blast being mob, but i didn't think about him being an adult

I love this panel lol, also I think tats will be a more frequent character from now on

but I think my absolute favorite panel in the manga is this one

Well, we can finally put this argument to rest. Murata confirms, Fubuki best girl.

no, Murata doesn't get to decide anything about canon

best girl title is still up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom