• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

Oh yeah. I was in the middle of updating the Postseason image when my wife wanted to head out the door, so here it is.

y6JQdEh.png

Bog

Junior Ace
Congratz Cubbies! I'll get you next year.

Thanks, man. But it was really just a matchup to see who gets steamrolled by the Dodgers.

FYI, I'm on vacation this week (actually to Chicago... Go Cubs!), so I'm gonna have to leave the strategies up to Girardi. So don't wait on me for any sims.

Wow, can't believe I made it back to the world series. I get rewarded by having to play the Dodgers. Good series/season TOR.

Puig is hurt again. Don't know how I feel about the signing. He was productive, and probably helped get me to where I'm at, but I don't like the deal going forward. I'd be surprised if he opted out, but maybe he's expecting another huge deal or something. Winning this year was worth whatever future salary problems I have.

Congrats to the Orioles and Dodgers! Let's go O's! #TeamALandAnyonebuttheDodgers.

Puig is hurt again. Don't know how I feel about the signing. He was productive, and probably helped get me to where I'm at, but I don't like the deal going forward.

That's what whoever signs Trout will feel a season from now.

That's what whoever signs Trout will feel a season from now.

Yeah. Plus, there's a certain satisfaction from fielding a competitive team with a lean payroll. Not that you have a choice with a penny pincher of an owner like some of us have, but still, in a minimalist, masochistic sort of way...it's satisfying. :p

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Nov 1, 2020
Notes: 5 games into the World Series and the Dodgers lead 3-2. Next sim will be just a game 6 sim to allow for a game 7 final showdown if it happens.

Rommel

Gratz Doyers. There is no joy in beantown.

On the market:

2B Brandon Drudy
LF Josh Elander
OF Marcell Ozuna

They would all come relatively cheap (think A ball lottery ticket).

brentech

Sim: Apocalypse.
Date: Nov 4, 2020
Notes: The Dodgers done did it to the AL again. Congrats FMT to winning the World Series in your first year of GOBL play. Arbitration begins, make your initial offers so we can move on quickly.
14 day sim tomorrow.

League Site updated
http://gobl.obleague.com/

Welp, guess it was a great season just making the WS. Still don't know how my team has managed to do so well in the playoffs.

Puig exercised his option, unsurprisingly, so hopefully he ages well. The big shocker was Britton voiding his deal. Makes literally no sense since he's not going to pitch at all next year. That's 6.5 Mil I wasn't expecting.

Scouting director retired, this is going to make things pretty interesting. I wanted to replace him, but he seemed good enough and I wasn't ready to have a new guy come in and tell me all my guys were terrible.

Big off season for your AL Champs.

Rommel

My owner was kind and only took 2 million of my profits from this last year but stiffed me 4 mil from my anticipated budget for next year. I wouldn't know what to do with myself with a massive payroll and mega money to spend.

He wants me to see Henderson Alvarez to an extension. Henderson Alvarez wants 11.9/6 for 71.4 million. He is 30. LOL.

My owner congratulated me for a "huge upgrade" at Catcher last year.

Owner is asking me to upgrade the Catcher position this year.

I have acquire a CY Young award winner. Wonder if Kershaw will take a discount to come to the desert.

Maybe he likes sunsets as much as Greinke.

Rommel

My owner congratulated me for a "huge upgrade" at Catcher last year.

Owner is asking me to upgrade the Catcher position this year.

Maybe he likes sunsets as much as Greinke.

My owner insisted I sign Ozuna. Now he wants me to upgrade his position...

Brent, I'm sadly going to relinquish the Royals. Met all my owner goals and had a blast, but I have a move coming up shortly and working wild hours this month.

Rommel

Brent, I'm sadly going to relinquish the Royals. Met all my owner goals and had a blast, but I have a move coming up shortly and working wild hours this month.

Sad to see you go but life happens. Good luck with the move! I might be doing that myself soon, although I could never let anyone mess with my D'Backs ;)

brentech

since I'm late today, I'm going to hold on the planned 14 day sim until tomorrow. Give everyone time to finish arb offers.

brentech

14 day sim has been ran. Tomorrow's sim will take us to the opening of FA I believe. I'll make sure there is nothing between that. I know arbitration will be worked, dont think there is something else.

Conley and Fernandez were #1 and #2 in NL Cy Young voting.

I guess that's the only good thing this year.

Oh shit and NL ROTY Galvi Moscat!

brentech

Sim: 8 days
Date: Nov 26, 2020
Notes: Arbitration is complete. Find out your budget and positions of need - get ready for free agency opening tomorrow.

Rommel

Any interest in Ozuna? Arb hit me a bit hard and I need to move some salary. I'll include a prospect with him for whatever minor league scrub you want to send for him.

Top Bottom