• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPS2 UK Mag #51 review scores

Lakitu

st5fu
Quoted from here.

Reviews
Killzone: 9/10
Burnout 3: 10/10
Colin Mcrae 05 9/10
Dj Decks & FX 7/10
Conflict Vietnam: 7/10
Gradius 5 8/10
Tiger Woods PGA tour 2005 8/10

Previewed:
GTA San Andreas
Prince Of Persia 2
The Getaway 2
NFS:Underground 2
Mercenaries
Rumble Roses
Ratchet and Clank 3

On the Disc:
Ratchet and Clank 3
NFS:Underground 2
Colin Mcrae 05
Conflict: Vietnam
Spyro The dragons tail

Overall its a pretty decent mag, the cover is brilliant the whole mag is Killzone themed (black and orange).
Dissapointed to see Killzone getting 9 and surprised to see Burnout 3 getting a 10.

Next month- Killzone playable demo!!

Hmmmm...

Edit: According to Mr Mike a few of these scores are wrong.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't believe these scores

"Dissapointed to see Killzone getting 9 and surprised to see Burnout 3 getting a 10."

I think he should be happy that it got a 9, but I doubt it deserves such a high score

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
The scores are real - or so I'm lead to believe.

B E N K E said:
Killzone review now? Couple of months early isn't it?

Not really, the finished build was actually submitted to SCEE a while ago. Just very quietly - I think they're hoping that the online beta onnly throws up server issues as opposed to code related ones (otherwise they're fucked). (Remeber, it's the beta itself which pushed the game back from a pre-GTASA launch to a post-SA one.)

Mr Mike

Actually, no, a lot of those scores (although not the details about the mag itself) ARE wrong. Except two of them. Can you guess which?

The Killzone review doesn't include online aspects. They are "reviewing that separately" next issue.

I predicted this would get a 9 in OPSM2. Wow, what foresight.

u_neek

OPSM2 has been hyping Killzone like hell since it was revieled and they're known to be VERY fanboy-ish... Tomb Raider: Angel of Fuckness 8/10...

Solid

So...

10/10 - OPM UK
9/10 - OPS2

Seems to be the long awaited AAA-FPS on PS2. Even though the mags aren't 100% thrustworthy it seems to live up to the hype. Good :)

Mr Mike

u_neek said:
OPSM2 has been hyping Killzone like hell since it was revieled and they're known to be VERY fanboy-ish... Tomb Raider: Angel of Fuckness 8/10...

Hasn't the team working on the mag changed quite a bit since the TR review? I thought there had been a new editor since - I may be wrong, I don't read it regularly.

BTW, they apparently give Gradius V a 7/10 and conflict vietnam 5/10 - again, those scores at the top are quite wrong.

segasonic said:
Killzone sucks ass, just like Shellshock, the other game from Guerilla.

You see, I would have been banned for such comment if I made it in a Halo 2 thread. Even if it's just a joke. But I know you're not joking.

Deg

Banned
Deepthroat said:
So...

10/10 - OPM UK
9/10 - OPS2

Seems to be the long awaited AAA-FPS on PS2. Even though the mags aren't 100% thrustworthy it seems to live up to the hype. Good :)

you're kidding yourself if you are going to rely on magazine scores. :D

cja

Mr Mike said:
Hasn't the team working on the mag changed quite a bit since the TR review? I thought there had been a new editor since - I may be wrong, I don't read it regularly.
A more recent example would be the guy who wrote the XBW review for Driv3r also being responsible for giving MoH:RS 9/10 in this issue:

OPT39.cover.jpg

He even admitted to being embarrassed about it in the infamous gamesradar.com driv3rgate thread (page 8).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
segasonic said:
Killzone sucks ass, just like Shellshock, the other game from Guerilla.

I'm not really anticipating Killzone, but I am looking for impressions of the single player game. What did you think? Have you finished it yet? How does the story progress and is it any good? How is the AI? How about the music?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Quit being a baby, you troll other systems all the time.

I just hope it's good online. I wish their review at least discussed it. Maybe there's nothing to discuss since the review is coming so early.

Top Bottom