• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

Leflus

Played it for an hour or so before I went to bed last night. It gave me a great first impression. :) Could easily become one of my favourite current-gen games.

Played it for an hour or so before I went to bed last night. It gave me a great first impression. :) Could easily become one of my favourite current-gen games.

It just gets better.

I wanna see this game on an OLED. Time to take my XB1 to bestbuy and hook it up to theirs to do a 'test' of it as if I'm gonna buy it. I bet it would look /drool worthy (it already does on my 9-year old plasma).

Carm

Apologies if this was asked and answered already. Will the soundtrack be available on Steam at all? I see it on Amazon, seems odd not to put it up on Steam too.

He squeaks :) SensationaI. He doesn't do it much, or at all during gameplay it seems (probably a good thing) but he does. I like how they put an ethereal tinge to it as well, it just shows you much thought they put in to the smaller details.

and it's not just the squeak, the animations are absolutely brilliant. I love him, I want to feed him fruit and lightly stroke his belly.

I've only played about an hour so far but this is magic, i was utterly transfixed within moments. You can tell immediately that this was made with all the love, care, thought and passion in the world.

Well done all involved, you're brilliantly talented people. I already know i'll be replaying this, which is something i hardly ever do.

He squeaks :) SensationaI. He doesn't do it much, or at all during gameplay it seems (probably a good thing) but he does. I like how they put an ethereal tinge to it as well, it just shows you much thought they put in to the smaller details.

and it's not just the squeak, the animations are absolutely brilliant. I love him, I want to feed him fruit and lightly stroke his belly.

I've only played about an hour so far but this is magic, i was utterly transfixed within moments. You can tell immediately that this was made with all the love, care, thought and passion in the world.

Well done all involved, you're brilliantly talented people. I already know i'll be replaying this, which is something i hardly ever do.

And some people still deny that games can reach the level of art.

This game is a work of art.

Is there a no hud option?

Alas, I do nae think so wee one, at least on XB1. It's a shame, but at least the achievement tiles can be used as backgrounds, or you can pull pics off the web.

Dunno about the PC version though.

There isn't very much of a HUD though tbh, just the health/spirit meter at the bottom.

Ok I'm feeling rather strongly about this so I need to ask if I should do it here or a separate thread.

I want to give away three copies of this game. I'll wait to see winners before purchasing XB1 codes or Steam codes.

1. Honor system. Please don't participate if A) you can afford it and/or B) you already have it.

2. Winners will be picked first of next week and announced in the thread.

3. Please do not sell the code. If you don't want it, give it to someone who does (or don't participate, lol). Honor system.

4. This will be a joint TrueAchievements/GAF giveaway, so if someone from TA wins their gamertag will be posted in the winners list here.

So should I do this here or create a new thread? I know GAF has giveaway rules. Mods???

Ok I'm feeling rather strongly about this so I need to ask if I should do it here or a separate thread.

I want to give away three copies of this game. I'll wait to see winners before purchasing XB1 codes or Steam codes.

1. Honor system. Please don't participate if A) you can afford it and/or B) you already have it.

2. Winners will be picked first of next week and announced in the thread.

So should I do this here or create a new thread? I know GAF has giveaway rules. Mods???

I believe you should create a new thread

Made it through Misty Woods, good time to take a break. Hell of a difficulty spike there as well. Not sure I'll bother with a no death run after experiencing that.

Feindflug

Downloaded the Xbone version last night, nice to see all the positive impressions. Balancing the beauty of Ori with the brutality of Hotline Miami 2 sounds really cool. :p

Theorry

Weird that the game all the time disappears from the store. If you click the tile on the dashboard it says the content is not there and on store.xbox.com the game is also gone again.

Lichter

The album is like 30+ tracks for $9. Buying that one track for $1.30 isn't nearly as good.... but if you insist...

I don't think it's just one track as I've listened to them all. It seems like the trailer music is an amalgamation of several, namely The spirit Tree and Restoring the Light/Facing the Dark.

It seems like it's *mostly* from Restoring the Light/Facing the Dark... maybe it's just a different mix of it.

But there are several great tracks on it, well worth $9.

I found out that the title has "tree" in the title, thanks anyways ; I'm gonna reconsider buying the album then. :)

Hynad

Banned
Downloaded the game the very moment it went online. Had been waiting for it for a while now.

And damn is it good! Gameplay is perfect, visuals are amazing, everything oozes style and the atmosphere is phenomenal. It's the 2D metroidvania game I've been waiting for since the golden age of that game type (Super Metroid and SOTN).

It is that good.

Moon studio, you can be proud! Everyone loves it!

Anyway, that's enough praise for now. Going back to the game.

Talk to you later!

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Listened to the soundtrack on the way to work today. The feeling in those tracks are amazing. I can almost tell what the game is going to be like based off of them alone. Can't wait to dig in after work.

Broman1978

REALLY loving this game! Beautiful in every way and really fun! But also hard!
I´ve been dying 20-30 times when the water rises in the tree lol =(

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Woke up around 7AM and immediately started downloading it on my XBO. And man, I was not disappointed. That intro.. is probably the best I've experienced in a 2D game. And then I couldn't put it down for 3 hours straight, so, SO good.

.. But those crashes, 3 times during these 3 hours. :(

wouwie

I've got the game downloaded and installed (did it last night at 1 in the morning). A couple of hours work left and then i can finally try the game :) I've been looking forward to this one for such a long time now.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Woke up around 7AM and immediately started downloading it on my XBO. And man, I was not disappointed. That intro.. is probably the best I've experienced in a 2D game. And then I couldn't put it down for 3 hours straight, so, SO good.

.. But those crashes, 3 times during these 3 hours. :(

Aw shit really? Anyone know if the crashes are just on XB1?

Hey guys,

I'm in a state of exhaustion right now - I crashed yesterday after following this thread without even noticing it and now it's 4am and I just finished reading all the comments.

It's SOOOOO good to know that you guys are enjoying Ori! We've worked so hard and seeing that we can put a smile in your faces is soooooo amazing.

Thank you all so much for your heartfelt support!

Regarding the people who reported issues / crashes: We've done such intensive Playtesting before shipping... I guess you can never be 100% 'ready'. We're obviously looking into every issue you guys mentioned and we might just add a few more bits and bops here and there ;)

Top Bottom