• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

I've had my game on about 23 seconds and just by the title screen, the music, and the cover art in the library I can tell I'm going to love this game.

It's just giving off that feeling and I can tell this is going to be a fun adventure.

Hey guys,

I'm in a state of exhaustion right now - I crashed yesterday after following this thread without even noticing it and now it's 4am and I just finished reading all the comments.

It's SOOOOO good to know that you guys are enjoying Ori! We've worked so hard and seeing that we can put a smile in your faces is soooooo amazing.

Thank you all so much for your heartfelt support!

Regarding the people who reported issues / crashes: We've done such intensive Playtesting before shipping... I guess you can never be 100% 'ready'. We're obviously looking into every issue you guys mentioned and we might just add a few more bits and bops here and there ;)

There's another problem with the game: It keeps getting dust in my eyes, what's up with that?
:p

rrc1594

Those first 10 minutes

759.gif

Really appreciate the Mario 64 style somersault animation you get by jumping while changing directions. Feels great!

Didn't have any crashes in my 30 or so minutes of playing last night. The game did stutter 2-3 times during the first opening scene with the tree, been running fine since then.

I've not had any crashes during gameplay but it's crashed three different times for me when pressing A on the title screen. It's never crashed twice in a row though so at least it's been a relatively minor annoyance so far.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So far a great experience. Wasn't a fan of the motion blur, but luckily that can be toggled off. Other than an occasional framerate drop, the game if spectacular.

Rewind

I love the movement in this game. I wish more platformers would up the speed and agility of the player character. I also appreciate the difficulty, a lot of platformers can be so easy and boring early on.

Hey guys,

I'm in a state of exhaustion right now - I crashed yesterday after following this thread without even noticing it and now it's 4am and I just finished reading all the comments.

It's SOOOOO good to know that you guys are enjoying Ori! We've worked so hard and seeing that we can put a smile in your faces is soooooo amazing.

Regarding the people who reported issues / crashes: We've done such intensive Playtesting before shipping... I guess you can never be 100% 'ready'. We're obviously looking into every issue you guys mentioned and we might just add a few more bits and bops here and there ;)

The issues are minor. In 3 hours I never experienced any of the bugs, just a few framerate dips, and most people I've talked to had the same experience. But your dedication to fixing even minor problems promptly speaks volumes. Of course, those volumes were already spoken by the quality of this game!

FinFan

Has anyone had issues getting their code from Amazon?

I just got off the phone with Amazon. I had the code pre-orderd and now there's no code in my game library and the product is unavailable. Rep on the phone had no idea why it was unavailable so I cancelled the order. Lame.

I just got off the phone with Amazon. I had the code pre-orderd and now there's no code in my game library and the product is unavailable. Rep on the phone had no idea why it was unavailable so I cancelled the order. Lame.

I just emailed customer service. Gonna cancel too if I have to. very annoying!!

This is one of those games...it's a culmination of everything that can be wonderful about video games. The world, story telling, art, mechanics, all come together to form something more than the sum of its parts. Pure joy to play.

Please tell me MS will green light a sequel. I want more, and I've not even finished it!

I just finished first 40 mins or so...but had to quit to go to school

I don't normally care for 2D platformers, but had to force myself to put this one down!

This is truely something special!

AJ_Wings

Wasn't really excited for it but I bought it anyway when I saw it up on Steam. What started as a standard 2D Metroidvania with admittedly gorgeous visuals might turn out to be one of my favorite games of the year.

Ended up playing it for 4 hours non-stop. The controls are very tight alongside mechanics like Dash that really makes traversal interesting. Damn good job Moon Studios.

Osahi

Great game, but boy can it be hard, bordering on frustrating even. Especially the dash-move with Y gave me lots of troubles. Just spent the better part of a half an hour getting past
the rushing water in the tree
, just before completing world event 2. I love some challenge, but this almost got the better of me :p

Love all the rest though. The visuals, the music, the level design, puzzels, gameplay. Sublime.

Laieon

I was really into the E3 trailer, but didn't really look into it after that. Now that I see it's a difficult game, it's probably not for me - real shame to because I'm loving the art. :( I just don't like frustrating games at all.

mike4001_

I am normally not into difficult games but I bought it to support the developer.

If it gets to heavy for me .. so be it.

I will definitely play it a couple of hours or just enjoy the music :D

RK9039

Hey guys,

giphy.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Hey guys,

Yeah I've only had the one crash thus far. Happened about 20 minutes ago.

I pressed the "menu" button (formerly back?) as I killed a creature and it seems to just shit itself. Luckily I had recently saved so I just quit out. Aside from that, basically all good.

DrMcNulty

Hey guys,

Beautiful game. Great work. I'm trying to Gamestream this game through my Shield Portable and it doesn't recognize the Shield controller. Is this something you can patch in, or does this need to be done on Nvidia's end?

RyudBoy

I've encountered only 1 crash so far. It was literally the first time I booted up the game. My XB1 is loud as heck when playing though. Really weird.

I can't stop thinking about this game now. I put just over 4 hours into the game last night and had one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. The controls in this game feel so good and the animations look perfect even with the tight controls. This is classic Nintendo quality core gameplay with world class artwork, music, and level design. My friends in party chat were probably confused how I went from laughter to fits of rage back to laughter so quickly. Each new mechanic that is introduced adds another amazing layer of great gameplay and I can't wait to keep moving forward. Well done Moon Studios. Well done.

EDIT: I'm noticing people who are worried about the difficulty. Don't let it worry you. The save system allows you place checkpoints before the most difficult portions of the game and load times aren't even a thing. It has yet to feel frustrating for me besides the
absolutely fucking incredible rising water section
which was actually quite rewarding once I completed it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
after a torturously slow download last night, the game is just sitting, waiting to be played. alas, it will have to wait till after work. these days are the longest =(

Feindflug

I can't stop thinking about this game now. I put just over 4 hours into the game last night and had one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. The controls in this game feel so good and the animations look perfect even with the tight controls. This is classic Nintendo quality core gameplay with world class artwork, music, and level design. My friends in party chat were probably confused how I went from laughter to fits of rage back to laughter so quickly. Each new mechanic that is introduced adds another amazing layer of great gameplay and I can't wait to keep moving forward. Well done Moon Studios. Well done.

EDIT: I'm noticing people who are worried about the difficulty. Don't let it worry you. The save system allows you place checkpoints before the most difficult portions of the game and load times aren't even a thing. It has yet to feel frustrating for me besides the
absolutely fucking incredible rising water section
which was actually quite rewarding once I completed it.

Thanks for the gameplay impressions man, the game sounds really good.

Can't wait to start playing it later today.

I absolutely love this game. Art style, music, gameplay everything is amazing.

I just have one problem. I plugged in my SL6555 SBK controller and everything works except the shoulder buttons.

Of course I tried the drivers and x360ce too, but it just won't work :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My boyfriend has a $50 balance (converted from former Microsoft Points) dating back to the 360. We don't have an Xbox One and don't plan on getting one (went with PS4 this gen), so he figured he'd pick it up for the 360 using that balance money since he doesn't know what else to spend it on.

But apparently it's not out yet. Is a 360 version even confirmed?

Theorry

My boyfriend has a $50 balance (converted from former Microsoft Points) dating back to the 360. We don't have an Xbox One and don't plan on getting one (went with PS4 this gen), so he figured he'd pick it up for the 360 using that balance money since he doesn't know what else to spend it on.

But apparently it's not out yet. Is a 360 version even confirmed?

Yes. But no date.

Top Bottom