• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X El Capitan [OT]

Sch1sm

Any bad bugs show up yet?

I need Office and MS Remote Desktop to work.

Otherwise I use mostly native apps.

I use Office 365 and I haven't had any troubles with it. Only really bad bug I experienced with anything Microsoft is OneNote using my GPU instead of CPU - battery took a large hit on my rMBP mid 2014. Other than that, it's been good.

Office 2011 is fucked, but i'm sure you must use 2016 by now.

Dude.

Just upgrade.

LeleSocho

Banned
Installed the final version on my 15 inches MBP Late 2011 with no problems whatsoever, i'm thinking of installing the 10.11.1 beta...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Now that I have pinned tabs, I'm not sure if I get it. How is pinning a website more useful than just a bookmark? (which also consistently refreshes the page on load)

Eklesp

Now that I have pinned tabs, I'm not sure if I get it. How is pinning a website more useful than just a bookmark? (which also consistently refreshes the page on load)

Confused by this too. Had Gaf on a pin and I think it is just like having an always open tab that doesn't take up as much space, and does not close with Command+W

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Confused by this too. Had Gaf on a pin and I think it is just like having an always open tab that doesn't take up as much space, and does not close with Command+W

I just read that it refreshes occasionally in the background.... Okay I can kinda see the appeal then.

So I can't download El Capitan for some reason. I was downloading it earlier but I paused it with the intention of restarting it but I needed to study so i didn't feel like messing with it currently. Now I turned my MBPr off and back on at a certain point since I don;t like leaving it on if I am not using it. But now it won't let me download El Capitan. It just says its waiting and that it is paused.

So what do? If any knows

jimmypython

Well maybe my mid2012 MBP (with 8GB ram) is too old....Office 2016 is just not functional. Random crashes ALL THE TIME.

BTW I'm actually on 10.11.1 beta

Saudades

So I can't download El Capitan for some reason. I was downloading it earlier but I paused it with the intention of restarting it but I needed to study so i didn't feel like messing with it currently. Now I turned my MBPr off and back on at a certain point since I don;t like leaving it on if I am not using it. But now it won't let me download El Capitan. It just says its waiting and that it is paused.

So what do? If any knows
Yeah I got the same thing. Forgot to press Pause and closed the lid and now it's stuck on Waiting.
Anyone?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Office 2016 crashes all the time on my 2015 13" MacBook Pro w/ Retina, too. The whole thing feels really sluggish, too. It's just not well made.

jimmypython

Office 2016 crashes all the time on my 2015 13" MacBook Pro w/ Retina, too. The whole thing feels really sluggish, too. It's just not well made.

Yep it takes forever to launch and sometimes just crashes. MS has to fix it. I subscribed to Office 365 mainly for the 1TB drive but c'mon...

Geez Apple's implementation of split screen snapping sucks. Unnecessarily cumbersome. Sticking to BetterSnapTool.

I do like how I can resize both windows at once but I dont want to split screen apps in a different desktop from my current one.

HUELEN10

screenshot2015-10-01ab5st0.png
This is the best of Mavericks and Snow leopard in a Yosemite shell; I love this OS.

Split View is SUPER not working for me. It's impossible for me to resize the windows, and if I try to switch the sides then one program freaks out and takes over the whole screen, but the OS still thinks the two sides are represented

Also when I send Mail fullscreen I can't put my cursor at the top to see the menu bar, but it works for other programs

Edit: Actually a restart fixed both these issues. COMPUTERS!

Number45

Man this took forever to download yesterday, so much so that I just kicked off the install and went to bed so I'll finally have a play (outside of the beta at least) when I get home later. Looking forward to wifi improvements.

It's kind of fun to play around with dictation stuff. It still a little bit clunky but seems sort of futuristic to control my computer with my voice

HUELEN10

Can anyone please help me?

Okay, so I open textedit or preview or something like that, and I am greeted with a Window to open a file.

I just want that app open, read to drag stuff to its dock icon or go through its menus, I don't need an annoying window popping up each time I start the app.

What do?

Fliesen

Can anyone please help me?

Okay, so I open textedit or preview or something like that, and I am greeted with a Window to open a file.

I just want that app open, read to drag stuff to its dock icon or go through its menus, I don't need an annoying window popping up each time I start the app.

What do?

well, i think that's just how these apps behave.
You can drag stuff onto their Dock-icons anyways, and IF you want an always-running preview or textedit, you'll just be asked, which document you might want to open, that one time.

HUELEN10

well, i think that's just how these apps behave.
You can drag stuff onto their Dock-icons anyways, and IF you want an always-running preview or textedit, you'll just be asked, which document you might want to open, that one time.
It only started with Yosemite though, and it absolutely kills my workflow at times. No way to disable?

the3ye

Huh, the "Secure Empty Trash" option is gone.
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21751?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
but
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205267
Finder
Available for: Mac OS X v10.6.8 and later
Impact: The "Secure Empty Trash" feature may not securely delete files placed in the Trash
Description: An issue existed in guaranteeing secure deletion of Trash files on some systems, such as those with flash storage. This issue was addressed by removing the "Secure Empty Trash" option.
CVE-ID
CVE-2015-5901 : Apple

Top Bottom