• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

mkenyon

Banned
Whelp, the Pirate's Life For Me.

You know what's better than farming mats for trade packs and fishing? Stealing them so you don't have to.

Earned about 350g last night without having to spend a dime. Two fishing boats, a Juke, and two clippers destroyed as well.

Vyrance

Finally got a 24x24 spot and starting to build, yay. This whole time I kept spending so much time searching around Sanddeep and other coastal areas for any open spots, but then decided to stroll into White Arden and discovered so much open space. More out of the way, but doesn't matter to me

mkenyon

Banned
Finally got a 24x24 spot and starting to build, yay. This whole time I kept spending so much time searching around Sanddeep and other coastal areas for any open spots, but then decided to stroll into White Arden and discovered so much open space. More out of the way, but doesn't matter to me
Nice!

I'll have to check on this myself.

Whelp, the Pirate's Life For Me.

You know what's better than farming mats for trade packs and fishing? Stealing them so you don't have to.

Earned about 350g last night without having to spend a dime. Two fishing boats, a Juke, and two clippers destroyed as well.

It's pretty stupid that pkers risk absolutely nothing in this game tbh, there is no labor or gold or any other resource at stake for them. I'm going to build a second clipper (adventurer) just so I can cannon down their clippers after failed gank attempts on the sea.
I killed one today while fishing and what does he lose? his pride and 5mins of his time.
If he killed me he'd ve gotten 100g worth of marlins and wasted 20g worth of bait for me as well as 600+labor and half an hour of my time over a 30second fight

full loot pk would make this 10x better

But eh, I've made 600g today so w/e, I'm just writing down names on my server and will terrorise them with the gear I buy from all this gold in 2 weeks when auroria is up.

mkenyon

Banned
By making PvP one of the most low-risk things in the game, they most certainly place a greater emphasis on it, which means more players participate in it.

You also roll the dice a lot more when you're pirating compared to actually farming/fishing something you are intending to get, which is much more gold-efficient.

Some people are trying to control the worker pot market for the last few days on my server, labor pots only listed at 20g...
Idk how they are not going bankrupt doing it, I see them getting undercut, then those get bought up and immediately put back on at the higher price, but the difference is smaller than the AH fee they're getting..

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Some people are trying to control the worker pot market for the last few days on my server, labor pots only listed at 20g...
Idk how they are not going bankrupt doing it, I see them getting undercut, then those get bought up and immediately put back on at the higher price, but the difference is smaller than the AH fee they're getting..

Holy shit, on my server they were going for about 6G and the last couple of days have been as high as 12 and I thought that was crazy expensive. They were at 8 last night.

So, I've heard good things about this, and I'd love to give it a shot, but for the life of me I cannot get this thing to work. I've been working with customer support, but maybe you guys know something that could help.

When I try and boot the game, it throws up an FAQ page (in Korean) in my browser, and then... nothing. No error message, loading screen, black screen, whatever. It just puts up the page and that's that. So far I've:

-Shut down my nonessential startup processes/services
-Updated Hackshield
-Allowed Hackshield through my firewall manually
-Allowed ArcheAge through my firewall manually
-Disabled proxies
-Turned off my firewall (temporarily)
-And something weird involving IIS that didn't really seem possible.

Any thoughts?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So, I've heard good things about this, and I'd love to give it a shot, but for the life of me I cannot get this thing to work. I've been working with customer support, but maybe you guys know something that could help.

When I try and boot the game, it throws up an FAQ page (in Korean) in my browser, and then... nothing. No error message, loading screen, black screen, whatever. It just puts up the page and that's that. So far I've:

-Updated Hackshield
-Disabled proxies

Any thoughts?

Just to be sure, you're running it from the Glyph client, correct?

It's really annoying...
I wonder if I can make a char on a diff server and somehow buy a few pots there to use or something :\

Though I wouldn't know how to make the gold on an alt on a diff server

Piecake

Interested in trying this out. What is the server that most of the gaffers are on? I know the OP said that that was up in the air, but wondering if a GAF guild and server has been established since the last OP update.

Any tips as well?

Vyrance

-Updated Hackshield
-Disabled proxies

Any thoughts?

So you're having problems after you hit the Play button in Glyph? If so, after you hit Play you sort of have to let it just sit there a bit. For whatever reason it can take a little time for the game to boot up (I mean even a few minutes.)

Vyrance

Interested in trying this out. What is the server that most of the gaffers are on? I know the OP said that that was up in the air, but wondering if a GAF guild and server has been established since the last OP update.

Any tips as well?

I don't believe there is any GAF guild running. Pretty sure we're all pretty much spread out among all the servers. I assume you'll probably find more Gaffers on Kyrios or Ezi maybe? I'm on Calleil personally. It's the newest NA server so has the lowest pop

So you're having problems after you hit the Play button in Glyph? If so, after you hit Play you sort of have to let it just sit there a bit. For whatever reason it can take a little time for the game to boot up (I mean even a few minutes.)

Sorta. It goes like this:

-Hit play button
-Enter admin password
-FAQ page appears
-Nothing

Have you tried running as Administrator maybe, other than that no clue. I never had the FAQ popping up and stuff

Yeah, that's why I had to keep typing in the password, so it'll run with administrator privileges. Gah.

Anyway, maybe KoreaGAF can help? This is the page that keeps coming up. Maybe if I knew what that said.

Teaching people how to sandbox is not easy...
They are so stuck in their themepark ways

Explain to them that a pine farm with a 1000 percent return rate on investement is the shit, explain that there is a risk you lose it or it gets stolen, but that your guild can contest it easily because of the massive size and that due to the massive returns the risk and investement is negligable in comparison.

The word risk makes their mind go blank...

All go plant together at a set time, defend together at growth time, everyone gets their thunderstrucks.
'but what stops guildies from taking my trees or how do we share it?'
Nothing, it's all based on trust.
Minds get blown from that sentence above

When the game mechanics don't coddle them, control them and lead them by the hand people get all lost and confused.

screenshot00230sz21.jpg
Go fishing, get money

Screenshot of another thunderstruck proc at one of the farms we make ^^ (the cloud above one of the trees)

We expanded this farm to 1000 trees a bit after, got about 1500 trees up atm

We will take the thundersstrucks and leave the other trees there and move the farm as it's no longer worth wasting labor on logging.

mkenyon

Banned
is this game one of those clicking mmos? How's the combat?
Us picking off a huge number of people en route to stealing fishing boats and packs:

(don't click if you are language/trigger sensitive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfPLqWXyvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGQM9JgpGU
When the game mechanics don't coddle them, control them and lead them by the hand people get all lost and confused.
Sums up a large portion of Gaming GAF, and gamers in general.

I'm loving this sandbox so much.

mkenyon

Banned
Also forgot a quick update, which is that we acquired a 16x16 and two 8x8s on Thunderstruck Island.

Two evenings, and every bit of that space is filled with trade packs that we didn't make. :p

We reorganized them by continent, going to turn those in during Cinder/Ynstere peace times. Only have to travel half way for either too. Amazing.

This guild haha
I showed them how to put a farm, then they went there for the proc at growth time (while I was sleeping) , there was 8 of them and 3 low lvl greens.

Did they pk the greens? nope:D
So the one of the greens took their thunderstruck

Last night they got their full merchant ship stolen by some scrub guild because they had noone at the wheel

Destroying a fishing raid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8OXUlTg7XU

27-1, final kill count :p

lol you pked empty fishing boats, 90 percent of their raid didn't react when you got attacked and it appears none of you even got any fish from it.
What a futile endeavor for both you and those fishers.

I've pked 100g of fish today (from some guild who messes with our fishing raid and thinks they still get to fish at all themselves now) and I'm just a fisher myself.
You're wasting your and their time tbh, how much gold did you make the day of that video each?
I'm at 600g made today (after counting potions and lure and bait cost) so far today and I'm just one guy in a raid of 25.

No offense mkeynon but you're doing it all wrong

Ashodin

The fiancee is getting turned off at the forced PVP (doesn't bother me, but it makes her feel on edge, which she plays MMOs to relax). So not much longer with this game methinks!

mkenyon

Banned
lol you pked empty fishing boats, 90 percent of their raid didn't react when you got attacked and it appears none of you even got any fish from it.
What a futile endeavor for both you and those fishers.

I've pked 100g of fish today (from some guild who messes with our fishing raid and thinks they still get to fish at all themselves now) and I'm just a fisher myself.
You're wasting your and their time tbh, how much gold did you make the day of that video each?
I'm at 600g made today (after counting potions and lure and bait cost) so far today and I'm just one guy in a raid of 25.

No offense mkeynon but you're doing it all wrong
Whoah whoah whoah whoah.

I do not play this game to acquire wealth. I play this game to ruin people's day.

I succeeded.

We also got 7 fish from that. Our usual tactic is to Seal Team 6 with Dahuta's Bubble, take a filled fishing ship, and quickly speed out. Use a clipper to intercept any followers. Drive said ship to the middle of the ocean, spawn Galleon, destroy fishing ship, receive trade packs. Drop off trade packs on our Thunderstruck Island Property. Repeat.

Keep in mind when they despawn the ships, they lose the cargo, which goes to the bottom. They must think we don't know this, or think it improves their chances of retrieving it.

This one just had more fun PK'ing in it.

Fish arent tradepacks they can't be stored on galleon nor dropped at a farm.
Gathering wealth is required, those who do will have divine/epic delphinad weapons in a week or two and oneshot you.

The people who arent gathering wealth now will quit soon because they will be outgeared by 300 percent.

Not trying to be a dick btw, just saying you'll have problems if you're not spending time getting the gold to gear up (and if you think you'll just craft some delphinad stuff you haven't looked at how low the odds are to craft delphinad let alone a piece you can use:p)

right now hasla weapons put people on somewhat equal footing, soon people will run around with 400+dps 1handers

Won

I for one want to know who is more hardcore. And I say it should be decided with a farm cart race across Halcyona during war time!

In other, more interesting news, Trion was swinging that banhammer pretty hard today. Thousands of bots and people with hacks banned and gold obtained by them traced and removed.

I'm curious if this is gonna help. I'm quite fascinated by the amount of bots skittering around in this game. They even do trade runs!

Boy am I glad I don't care about PVP in this game haha

You don't have much choice but to pvp, no matter what you do.
I fish most of the time and still have to fight constantly because people will mess with your fishing boat or try to attack you on gilda star traderuns.

Unless all you do is craft you will pvp, but if all you do is craft you are done in 10 minutes each day because that is how long it takes to blow through 5k labor crafting gear:p

StudioTan

I for one want to know who is more hardcore. And I say it should be decided with a farm cart race across Halcyona during war time!

In other, more interesting news, Trion was swinging that banhammer pretty hard today. Thousands of bots and people with hacks banned and gold obtained by them traced and removed.

I'm curious if this is gonna help. I'm quite fascinated by the amount of bots skittering around in this game. They even do trade runs!

It was getting pretty bad. I did run on my cart from Arcum to Ynestere and almost every other person I passed had a name like Ggjhsuha

Ashodin

You don't have much choice but to pvp, no matter what you do.
I fish most of the time and still have to fight constantly because people will mess with your fishing boat or try to attack you on gilda star traderuns.

Unless all you do is craft you will pvp, but if all you do is craft you are done in 10 minutes each day because that is how long it takes to blow through 5k labor crafting gear:p

Yeah I pretty much just craft and quest. PVP is only there if I need to keep people away from me doing so.

Won

So, how much gold will it cost me to get my fishing up to the point where I can sport fish?

Technically you can do it right away. I completed my fishing quest chain with 5k in fishing, but I had to bind the fishing buttons to hotkeys, because my clicking was a bit too slow.

So I guess you want to be at 10k to be on the safe side. That shouldn't cost too much.

mkenyon

Banned
Fish arent tradepacks they can't be stored on galleon nor dropped at a farm.
Gathering wealth is required, those who do will have divine/epic delphinad weapons in a week or two and oneshot you.

The people who arent gathering wealth now will quit soon because they will be outgeared by 300 percent.

Not trying to be a dick btw, just saying you'll have problems if you're not spending time getting the gold to gear up (and if you think you'll just craft some delphinad stuff you haven't looked at how low the odds are to craft delphinad let alone a piece you can use:p)

right now hasla weapons put people on somewhat equal footing, soon people will run around with 400+dps 1handers
30 mins of work:

plus you can always buy gold

Armor isn't too important. The stats are so piddly compared to what the actual numbers are. Weapons are definitely important, and I'm glad I'm at 42K Weaponry so far. :p

*edit*

Also just noticed your first sentence. As you can see by this pic, you most definitely can store fish packs on a farm. Right click the item out of your character page, rather than the "Drop Pack" skill. (that's 12 Fry, 2 regular, 1 big - total of 180ish gold in 30 mins, only labor used is turning them in, and also three trade packs which netted us 32ish charcoal)

Didn't know you could drop them from the equipment menu since it only shows release fish on the menu which vanishes it:p

(there is no labor cost to handing in fish btw, so no point putting them on your farm)

ot: the fishing raid continues growing, soon all the server will be assimilated.

And buying gold? Really? Yeah support the bots who are shitting on the game economy and who spam chat all day... lovely

Can anyone do me a massive favor and whisper someone on Archage for me?

I played with this guy on Path of Exile and I can't seem to get ahold of him since he started playing Archage.

If anyone can pretty pretty please whisper him and say "A old guildmember on Path of Exile asked if you can check your PMs on the PoE Website"

Apparently this is his info for Archage:

Name: Cura
Server: Naima

StudioTan

Can anyone do me a massive favor and whisper someone on Archage for me?

I played with this guy on Path of Exile and I can't seem to get ahold of him since he started playing Archage.

If anyone can pretty pretty please whisper him and say "A old guildmember on Path of Exile asked if you can check your PMs on the PoE Website"

Apparently this is his info for Archage:

Name: Cura
Server: Naima

The game is F2P, can't you do that yourself?

Not trying to be a dick, just curious. Don't have a character on that server so I couldn't do it anyway.

mkenyon

Banned
Didn't know you could drop them from the equipment menu since it only shows release fish on the menu which vanishes it:p

(there is no labor cost to handing in fish btw, so no point putting them on your farm)

ot: the fishing raid continues growing, soon all the server will be assimilated.

And buying gold? Really? Yeah support the bots who are shitting on the game economy and who spam chat all day... lovely
The point of dropping them off at the farm is that the farm is on Thunderstruck Island. We can take 4-6 boats from a raid before they disperse with how quickly we get back.

I don't buy gold from sellers. I mean dropping $100 on archeum crates or Apex.

Fishing raid is a complete success.
Every single guild in the faction bar 2 small pk guilds is a part of it now. Our part of the ocean is completely safe to fish in.

The raid still continues to grow by a few people each day, today at peak time we had a full 50 man raid and a second raid with 10 people fishing at the same time.

Amount of fishing boats has grown from 1 to 10, 2 more will be built tomorrow.

The last 'resistant' guild (solid core) attacked us today, their only ally (biggest pvp guild in the faction) was a part of the fishing raid though, so they turned on them and wiped them hard and broke the alliance.
This lead solid core to give in and agree to stop attacking green fishermen. Part of their guild was already wanting to get into fishing (but unable to due to their KOS status with the fishing raid) so they probably saved themselves a lot of drama within their guild by wisening up.

Some screenshots (game on low quality and windowed mode, sorry if it makes your eyes bleed)

Protip that has made it extremely difficult for us to nab boats.

Line up in a circle with everyone pointing inwards. This makes it near impossible to escape with the boat after a quick PBAOE fear.

I'll try it out, but the boats turn terribly slow so it would take a long time to line them up.
We don't get attacked anymore now anyhow , and reds on our server are dumb they don't pose a problem (most I've seen is some galleon with 15 or so which is too few to be any threat to the raid at the pool)

The hardest thing has been to keep any infighting from appearing within the raid every time new (and still clueless) people join , but wrecking those 2 smaller pk guilds and reds when they show up seems to be a good bonding exercise.

Top Bottom