• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

HowZatOZ

Banned
Got in last night and got so addicted I forgot to go to bed. I'm sticking to Kryios because of the oceanic playerbase, and my friends are all sticking to it but the queues are definitely a problem. More AFK tweaking and increasing server capacity should help.

Melchior

This game is pretty great I'm liking it so far. I'm only struggling between choosing Primeval or Spellslinger but I've decided to just chill with Primeval until I hit 50 then decide. Queue times are a pain but I just queue early in the day and come back a few hours later and play.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got in last night and got so addicted I forgot to go to bed. I'm sticking to Kryios because of the oceanic playerbase, and my friends are all sticking to it but the queues are definitely a problem. More AFK tweaking and increasing server capacity should help.

the number of people I see afk'ing is so irritating.

If you go through the queues though there is a pretty cool game behind it. I had a lot of fun today playing in a war zone, open pvp. It was glorious, an entire raid just going around fighting the other faction. We spared no one.

Smiley90

after all this waiting I'm now stuck at Nr. 72 (!) in the queue. I wonder if my internet disconnected for like a split second and the game just decided not to tell me that something is wrong.

Fuck that if I have to re-queue.

Smiley90

So yeah I crashed out of queue twice. Once at 72, once at like 1xxx. The only thing that makes me feel better right now is this guy:

MFLiCxi.jpg

No Queue on the new servers at 2:00 in the morning so I think I'm gonna roll a character on Ezi if anyone else wants to join me :)
Edit: Haranya faction

So I ran into an AFK rider on Mirage Island just riding around in circles doing nothing other than taking up a spot in the game someone else could be using. After running around and doing a few things and coming back to see if Trion had "Aggressively Kicked" them, I saw they were still there, having a good ol time.

So I decided to get a bit creative and take matters into my own hands...

After about 10 minutes, I managed to do this to the AFK rider:

Not sure if this would actually do anything as they were still riding in circles (just in stuck in place now), I figured I would just wait a few minutes to see what happens. To my surprise, less than 5 mins later, POOF!

MUAHAHAHAHA perfect way to end my day :)

edit: Not 100% sure if I actually caused them to get booted or not, but I hope so lol

Prodigal

Banned
For some reason I'm not getting any emails to let me log into the game. Ever since I started trying it keeps saying I'm logging in from a new location and they need to authenticate by sending me an email. It's been days and I've gotten nothing.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've been so hyped for this game and now I can finally get the time to play I learn there are crazy queue issues. Dand son are you guys even Trion?

Well, when I do get on I'll be playing Eanna EU if anyone wants to hit me up. I'll be Cindres on there unless it turns out the character name is taken.

HowZatOZ

Banned
For some reason I'm not getting any emails to let me log into the game. Ever since I started trying it keeps saying I'm logging in from a new location and they need to authenticate by sending me an email. It's been days and I've gotten nothing.

Check your junk mail, can sometimes end up there.

Also, this game is absolutely gorgeous.

bjaelke

For some reason it only sends the mail if you request the authentication code from the login screen and NOT from the designated/popup window. At least that worked for me.
Is there going to be any maintenance for EU today?

Don't want to wait like in a 2 h queue and then it down for maintenance.

They just finished maintenance on the EU servers 2 hours ago.

Godan

Is there going to be any maintenance for EU today?

Don't want to wait like in a 2 h queue and then it down for maintenance.

Won

Playing the game much more than I want to thanks to queues. :/

Currently saving up for the small tractor. No idea yet if it's of any use for me, but it's a goddamn tractor!

Tash

So they took the EU servers down to fix the Patron status. Only, they didn't.

So for 150USD I got a shitty headstart (with serves down for most of the time which probably resulted in about 2 days of gaming time instead of 4. Not to mention my Patron status wasn't enabled so I had a separate queue which was slower and resulted in accounts with Patron status being able to rush and land grab while some of us were stuck in the queues for hours.

I only got the Founders items on the last day of the headstart instead of the first, as promised.

I got the Patron status for release but now, since the 18th, due to a bug on the EU servers I belong to a big group of players who had their patron status removed again. That means, losing out on additional labor gain and thus being severrily hindered from crafting/gathering. Missing out on 5 loyalty tokens/day
Longer queue since Patrons have priority queuing which led me not being able to log in for two consecutive days (was in yesterday just to check but my Patron was still gone).
I can't place any additional farms down nor can I pay the taxes for my house and the little garden.
Missing out on 10% exp bonus while playing.

They took the EU servers down for Maintenance early this morning with like 5 minute warning to "fix" the Patron status but like I mentioned, they didn't.

I managed to get back in and now got kicked where allegedly you should be put back in immediately. Only, I am now at spot 2442 in the queue..

So, for anyone considering paying for the game on an EU server. Don't, seriously. The queues are in average AT Least 2 hours even during the day and during evenings I waited as much as 5 hours.

The game is a good sandbox and really beautiful but if you consider it, you might want to wait a bit until all this crap has died down.

Azzurri

It still amazes me that server technology still sucks for mmos. I remember Star Wars galaxies being worse than this

Tash

It still amazes me that server technology still sucks for mmos. I remember Star Wars galaxies being worse than this

Server technology issues and hardware failures are to be expected imo.
This is just really bad planing combined with facepalm-coding imo.

they had 4 servers planned for EU for the headstart/release with 2 servers as backup "IF" needed later...that was total miss planing. How this can happen is beyond me. Especially with the servers for headstart ONLY being open for people who bought the packages so they knew exactly how many they would have.

Now the latest facepalm is the fact that they "fixed" it so that Patrons have now finally priority queues (which they supposedly didn't have before). And they did this fix today whilel not being able to fix the patron status bug that has been going on for almost 4 days now. Resulting in paying customers now being also in non priority queues that are now even longer then my 5 hours I waited the other day.

I am aware I sound like a spoilt brat with all the "I paid blabla" entitlement but seriously, I've experienced almost every single MMO launch since UO and I've never complained about any of them (and some were abyssal to say the least..) - this takes the cake.

Won

The patron issues are pretty inexcusable. That shouldn't happen, especially in a game like this, in which it actually kinda matters.

On the server side thing, while I can't imagine it being worse, I don't think others would have done much better. Trion was kinda destined to fail here. The nature of the game, the business model and the western "next big thing" hype cycle is just a horrible mix.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone on Enla Firran side and have or belong to a decent guild? I've got a level 26 Firran Primeval I've been playing and wouldn't mind a little more of a social experience as I've just been soloing up to this point.

*Edit - Well after waiting two hours to get in this morning, I managed to upgrade my glider to the ultimate version, craft up some Tigerspine Jam which I had been growing stuff over the course of the last day or so to make. Took my pack and hit the carriage station. After waiting for about ten minutes for the carriage it was almost there...

Then Bam, system hardlocks and I have to manually reset. Then Glyph won't let me boot the game. Five tries later it finally loads and there I am sitting in a 3k queue. Fuck it. Game is not worth this much frustration and time. Really wanted to check out some of the end game activities and I was quite enjoying the skill system. Meh.

TheYanger

The patron issues are pretty inexcusable. That shouldn't happen, especially in a game like this, in which it actually kinda matters.

On the server side thing, while I can't imagine it being worse, I don't think others would have done much better. Trion was kinda destined to fail here. The nature of the game, the business model and the western "next big thing" hype cycle is just a horrible mix.

Literally every other company out there has done much better.

TheYanger

If the game wasn't so good everyone would be long gone by now.

I'm not even sure it's that, I doubt many of the people out there have gotten to play it enough to know much beyond the beginning areas - the people who are online have a huge onus to STAY online, so they're playing tons.

timkunedo

Almost done with my thatched farmhouse. Then i can finally play the game for real. lol
The mats it takes to make that are crazy. I probably leveled up 5-6 levels by strictly mining.

Queues in this game are outrageous. It's pretty fun, probably the best F2P mmo I've played. The skills system is straightforward and building a unique class is cool. You get a horse/boat/glider pretty quick. Quests are kill shit/collect shit, but the early bird turn ins/extra progress rewards are awesome. Combat is fun and active, I really like it. There's some confusing stuff, like why do I have a lute? The building/farming stuff is some heavy shit to wade through, but I'm sure it's much simpler than it seems. The economy system is crazy. I just want to play it more!

Smiley90

Queues in this game are outrageous. It's pretty fun, probably the best F2P mmo I've played. The skills system is straightforward and building a unique class is cool. You get a horse/boat/glider pretty quick. Quests are kill shit/collect shit, but the early bird turn ins/extra progress rewards are awesome. Combat is fun and active, I really like it. There's some confusing stuff, like why do I have a lute? The building/farming stuff is some heavy shit to wade through, but I'm sure it's much simpler than it seems. The economy system is crazy. I just want to play it more!

Lute is like a free fastened out-of-combat heal. The mana-equivalent you have to craft (flutes)

Somnia

So I know squat about this game, I'm an old school mmo junkie, have been playing since Beta 4 of Ultima Online. I'm a huge PVP guy and want an old school open world pvp like Ultima and a bunch of my friends are loving this game. I really want to try it, but don't want to pay till I know I enjoy it, but good god at the 3300 person queue on the server they are all on =(

Maybe I'll join in a couple weeks when queue times have gone down, but I hope people are still playing then.

Slacker

Logged in around 3 PM this afternoon. Still 781 ahead of me, aka around 3 hours. I may actually get to play for a few minutes tonight yet! I'm thinking of buying The Sims 4 to play while I'm waiting so I can double-down on my disappointment. (Patron on Kyrios)

bjaelke

CoLaN

(downsized screenshots)

One of the most frightening experiences that i ever had in a MMO: a 15 minutes trip across the sea, alone in a rowboat, doing a trade run at the mercy of the enemy and giant jellyfishes (i made it)
arch_2m1jg6.png

Gliders are fun
arch_1miksa.png

Ashodin

Whoooooo I had so much fun playing tonight. Leveled my character up but damn now I gotta switch factions for my fiancee lol

Godan

Looks like am done for the day. Questing get kicked out try and log back in and go into a 3k queue.

No thanks.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Servers are coming down apparently. Everyone get ready to get back in before the queue!

EDIT: Servers are back up, no queue, GO GO GO

Down again it seems.

Just saw an Admin message and it looks like they're looking into the repeated disconnects. Hope I don't get rolled back, just got a cool rare chest and legs from some mobs. That don't happen often lol.

DrBo42

Horrible queues, constant disconnecting. Worst launch I've been part of. Can't even create a character on the same server as my friends due to lock.

Top Bottom