• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

Prodigal

Banned
Arg, it's been 4 days and I still haven't gotten any authentication emails. I can't even download the client yet because Glyph keeps forcing me to enter a code I'm not receiving. I just want to try the game!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Now Naima and the other initial launch server that didn't have a lock yet also have a character creation lock lol

on the bright side, NO QUEUES ATM WOOO

You have got to be kidding me. Had to wait 24 hours for a character to be deleted so I could start my main up on Naima, and now Naima has a character creation lock. Screw this.

Haven't played an MMO for a long time. Last MMO I played was EVE Online. I think I might download this and see what the fuss is about!

inb4queuejokes

cripterion

Isn't Aier new euro server? 2500+ queue on a Sunday @11PM is quite funny, either their server capacity sucks or this game is really popular.

Haven't played an MMO for a long time. Last MMO I played was EVE Online. I think I might download this and see what the fuss is about!

inb4queuejokes

There are 2K+ queues on all the servers I tried atm. It's quite the queue simulator alright!

Topper

Playing on Naima, having alot of fun with this, i've been trying every MMO that has come out for the past couple of years and nothing has stuck, but I can see myself playing this for awhile, love the player driven economy aspect of it. Now I just wish i could put my scarecrow somewhere lol, I ran around for like 2 hours trying to find a spot for it yesterday.

Smiley90

Playing on Naima, having alot of fun with this, i've been trying every MMO that has come out for the past couple of years and nothing has stuck, but I can see myself playing this for awhile, love the player driven economy aspect of it. Now I just wish i could put my scarecrow somewhere lol, I ran around for like 2 hours trying to find a spot for it yesterday.

do you have a small one? I might take off my small one soon and you can get my spot

Isn't Aier new euro server? 2500+ queue on a Sunday @11PM is quite funny, either their server capacity sucks or this game is really popular.

There are 2K+ queues on all the servers I tried atm. It's quite the queue simulator alright!

No, not new. I'm there since day one.

Smiley90

Yea a small one, name is Toppah in game, nuian, would be sweet to get your spot!

k my main's name is Milena, add me? I'll probably craft it sometime tonight, so we'll see if we can coordinate

Frologic

Arg, it's been 4 days and I still haven't gotten any authentication emails. I can't even download the client yet because Glyph keeps forcing me to enter a code I'm not receiving. I just want to try the game!

Try the Rift authentication. Code works for Glyph and it should come instantly.

If you're using Gmail, check the promotion tab. That's where mine were.

ZenVolta

Im surprised with the new restrictions that the queues are still as long as they are.

While Im waiting, anyone wanna post some action shots of their characters? So I can live vicariously through them?

Smiley90

Im surprised with the new restrictions that the queues are still as long as they are.

While Im waiting, anyone wanna post some action shots of their characters? So I can live vicariously through them?

best I can do without without walking, me with mining outfit and with armor :lol

Gz9B5AU.jpg
Qb9RGAv.jpg

Smiley90

Looks really cool. Does the mining outfit give any buffs. If so, what kind?

Each piece gives +50 mining proficiency, the 3-piece set gives +100 and the 5-piece (I don't have the helmet yet, the quest is a pain in the ass) gives another +200.

The higher your mining proficiency, the better the odds for rare drops from mining ore veins is.

so... they make sense :lol

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hmmm, something has happened. I'm now in a queue of 367 on Kryios during the beginning of Oceanic peak hour (especially with school holidays now). Interesting.

Tash

I just love healing. You actually have to work your butt off to heal efficiently.
In order to maximize healing throughput I have to properly cycle skills and make sure the effect is active (in this case have mirror light on my target, Resurgence use Thwart and then use the main heals, making sure they are active and the group members that need it are under the effect of the skills which some of them run out within a few seconds. There is really no "I win-big heal on spam" button and I LOVE it.

Also the fact that on top of who do I heal and with what, you also have the whole "maybe the secondary effect on the enemy is more beneficial" decision to make. Makes this much more involved then just spam direct heals..

Alright, got online no queue (obviously due to time of day)...decided to make a secondary character. Clicked on "Create Character"; time to spend 30 mins creating my toon.

Oh...restricted from making any new characters on my server...

inWnOhIGkdRih.gif

Did anyone actually tried PvP? Is it the "same" as WoW?

And can you start earlier with pvp, and level at the same time?

Also long queues here in eu land, can't play.

Ashodin

Hmmm, something has happened. I'm now in a queue of 367 on Kryios during the beginning of Oceanic peak hour (especially with school holidays now). Interesting.
They flush AFK people now as well as banning people

My queue for Ezi was just ten minutes.

ZiZ

Why hasn't GAF chosen a server yet? the longer you take, the more people will be invested in their own servers.

Korten

Banned
So is Inoch the most popular? I know it's early Monday (as of this post), but it's the only server currently having a queue. Granted it's more bearable (it's like 200 people, not over 3k...)- but I don't get it. Wasn't Inoch added after launch?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how long this is going to take to settle down.

Definitely interested in jumping in at some point, but not if I have to wait in hour or longer queues.

Decided to check this out. Only lvl 11... but I feel I may of gone too cookie cutter with blade+aura+def

Are you an Abolisher? I am. Seems pretty strong in dungeons. My team was getting hit hard by some bosses in SM, one person was level 33 and I was 20. He took way more damage than me. Offensively might not be as good as other choices, but defensively great.

Ferrio

Banned
Are you an Abolisher? I am. Seems pretty strong in dungeons. My team was getting hit hard by some bosses in SM, one person was level 33 and I was 20. He took way more damage than me. Offensively might not be as good as other choices, but defensively great.

I don't know what I am. I'm lvl 10 running around doing early stuff.

Ashodin

Decided to check this out. Only lvl 11... but I feel I may of gone too cookie cutter with blade+aura+def
Yep you cookie cutter Paladin. Wait that's battlerage + vita + defense

I don't like defense because it makes me use shield. 2h all the way!

Smiley90

I'm cookie cutter tank. Just plain out tank. I have... One good damage skill, the rest is all tankiness and cc/trips/stuns. When I pop out my shield (aside from 12 seconds invincibility) it's tankin time.

Abolisher (Battlerage/Defense/Auramancy)

Top Bottom