• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Finally broke down and bought this, even though I'm not usually a multi-player guy. So many people who don't like MP shooters have urged me to give it a shot. Downloading now!

Jblanks

I swear I win way more when I play support in comp, and my 2 best heroes are probably Zarya and Roadhog.

Well nvm kind of both Lucio and Zarya are at 68 WP, and Zen at 50%.

antitrop

Quick Play Symmetra strats

VJxHEcF.png

Jblanks

We just lost by like 2 meters because Mei used her ult on the payload and everyone ran away.. and I froze too far.

"Don't go in front of the Reinhardt shield soldier, you'll get picked." Goes in front gets picked, and then Hanzo gets a 4 man ult because our team is in a little room trying to destroy a tele which they fail to do, and me as Lucio... well gg.

3rd draw tonight, third Torn on offense who doesn't even know turret spots.

Kill me now.

Instalocking Soldier as I guess I'm one of the few that hits Pharah.

DOWN

Banned
Honestly I hate the intro video for this game. Winston and the world seem smarter in other media and world building they've done compared to the delivery in the intro

psyfi

Banned
Honestly I hate the intro video for this game. Winston and the world seem smarter in other media and world building they've done compared to the delivery in the intro
I think it's cute, but I don't get why it has to play every time I launch the game.

Eusis

Finally broke down and bought this, even though I'm not usually a multi-player guy. So many people who don't like MP shooters have urged me to give it a shot. Downloading now!
I sometimes get into them for awhile but petter out, and usually the more hardcore ones tend to not get me into them at all. I did see criticism that this was too casual but, uhh, that's probably why I enjoy getting a game in every so often rather than just trying, going "I suck at this" and never bothering again!

Though TF2 was one of those I got more into too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We just lost by like 2 meters because Mei used her ult on the payload and everyone ran away.. and I froze too far.

Had the enemy team do that last night but it was from a DVA ult on the payload.

People know that they can pretty much crouch under the payload to be safe from the explosion right?

Kito

I feel finished with Overwatch but I have no game to move onto... As someone that went straight from Splatoon to Overwatch, it's been 1.5yrs of nonstop shooter fun, and now I don't know what to play. Doom, Titanfall 2, etc aren't of the cartoony aesthetic that I like.

Odrion

Banned
are the PTR changes coming this tuesday?

to teach them to stay on the point? forever i guess
I feel like I'm playing a really good Zen lately, but I can't win fucking anything. I've been watching videos for positioning, targets to focus, etc. And I seem to be doing everything right. I'm calling out everything even if my team is all silent. I'm trying to do this support main thing, but damn it sucks to keep losing.

I know I could be playing better, but it seems like I should be winning at least a little more than I am now. Wonder what I'm doing wrong...

you're not playing a better character, basically

Jblanks

Had the enemy team do that last night but it was from a DVA ult on the payload.

People know that they can pretty much crouch under the payload to be safe from the explosion right?

No kidding.

Lol just played on Nepal, and our Tracer was good but he got picked twice after rushing their side in like 40 seconds, so I said just don't rush and let them come in and he got rattled. I was Zen and he kept bitching about not getting healing, which I said you go LOS all the time so that's probably why, and the tanks by me are a higher priority, and he got pissed again. Eventually I said if you bitch one more time about getting I won't heal you, and then he bitched again (I know what I'm doing playing Zen) so I didn't heal him (I knew we were going to win) and he got picked, and busted out the "I'm going throw the game now bs". Was pretty funny.

IceMarker

I've said it a 1,000 times I'll say it again, 9 wins in Arcade Mode is too fucking much and who ever decided that needs a needle shoved up their ass.

dhlt25

that feeling when you botched the defend on capture map, barely manage to capture on attack and still manage to hold on for a tie lol. This game can get super intense

2 really fun games with Owzers and ND, that Eichenwalde was a bummer though. I went 3-0 solo after, I'm stopping there.

A 4 stack told me to help them win our game on Oasis so their buddy would get master. We won but he ended at 3499 RIP.

Support main was a bit more successful tonight.

Dorado attack. Enemy team are either purposely tanking their MMR or we're gods. Easy push.

Defense will probably be harder but it was a push to 3-0 in like 2 1/2 mins. Ana + Non Mech D.va took down a Sombra and Roadhog and got it to B so...

Yep. We won. Easy defense.
2996 SR...

Baaad push on Gibraltar. Welp. Lol we lost so quick on defense. Had one guy giv eup. they did a Bastion/Rein on the payload combo and some ninja Roadhog. However... the MMR was stacked in their favor, ever so slightly...so I'm only down to 2975 SR... which is probably a single victory from 3000? I'll leave that till later. Gotta train to catch.

Permanently A

Real talk its people like you who make me laugh at people who complain about not being in team chat.

Me and my friend always have a laugh when people start going "join team chat fa******" because jesus christ what makes people think we'd want to join team chat after that?

Sorry, are you saying I handled the situation poorly? I didn't insult them. Not being able to talk to half of my team is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Was I not supposed to try to salvage the situation or what?

It'd be nice to play this game without people constantly moaning about Sym.

Now it's non stop "She's too OP!" from the opposition. Before that it was "She's shit. Change!" from your own team.

Just let me play my favourite character without being whinged at.

Meccs

I think the Arcade Brawl is my new favorite mode. It's providing me with the consistent entertainment QP and Comp are lacking. All games have been pretty close too. I think I like the "all tanks" brawl the best. So much fun!

I feel finished with Overwatch but I have no game to move onto... As someone that went straight from Splatoon to Overwatch, it's been 1.5yrs of nonstop shooter fun, and now I don't know what to play. Doom, Titanfall 2, etc aren't of the cartoony aesthetic that I like.
Try Paladins if you haven't. I actually like it better than OW in many aspects.

Cappa

Banned

You want a cartoony online multiplayer FPS? I dont think there are many.... Team Fortress 2?

Fancolors

Paladins is free and Gigantic just entered an open beta.

MartyStu

Lol. I just tried it, and I barely got it to work. The turrets die if the ball rolls, and you need to drop it to reload.

Still very funny idea.

You can throw it up, reload, and try to catch it.

I really want to know at what levels do people play at to consider Symm OP.

In QP, especially against particularly disorganized teams.

She wrecks people without good aim, while herself not requiring any.

Top Bottom