• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

ohkay

After playing some sombra, I think she could use a cancel for her translocator without using it, so you don't have to wait out the duration/needlessly use it to put it on cooldown

NeoRaider

After playing some sombra, I think she could use a cancel for her translocator without using it, so you don't have to wait out the duration/needlessly use it to put it on cooldown

I said this day 1 when she was released. That cooldown is just stupid.

Kenai

I would like this.

I am having trouble remembering, what changed for her on the PTR? I know it wasn't much but I heard it was something...

A very easy win on Nepal tonight took me to 2984 SR. 3 match win streak, even a stacked MMR for us would push me into the 3000s. I prayed to the MM gods for anything but Oasis and they delivered. Dorado, which isn't a bad map...but we got stomped 1-3...went for another game to try and claw back some SR and it was Gibraltar where we got a Widowmaker who refused to change and openly mentioned tanking their MMR on purpose.

So, yeah. Another day where I end it with less SR than I started (2938 SR) :/

Blues1990

RIP PHARMERCY

edit: also -

I think hanzo needs a hug...

Man, I'm unsure if I should laugh at Hanzo's response, or feel bad for the two of them. :(

As for Mercy and Genji, I'm down with that relationship, as it was heavily hinted at in past voice interactions and the recent Christmas comic. Bummer that Mei and McCree isn't a thing just yet, but I still hope for the day that becomes a thing.

tumblr_o9gnljcl5j1rjrid9o1_1280.jpg

KiraFA37

A very easy win on Nepal tonight took me to 2984 SR. 3 match win streak, even a stacked MMR for us would push me into the 3000s. I prayed to the MM gods for anything but Oasis and they delivered. Dorado, which isn't a bad map...but we got stomped 1-3...went for another game to try and claw back some SR and it was Gibraltar where we got a Widowmaker who refused to change and openly mentioned tanking their MMR on purpose.

Yea that bloody widow was annoying as fuck, if it wasn't for her we would have won that. For context, the widow refuses to switch in the face of a triple tank comp. It got very close in the end due to use also going triple tank and thus having more sustain but I felt forced to go Zenyetta to compensate the missing damage that the widow couldn't deliver.

Also you haven't enjoyed the drop yet of going below 2500 after gaining a high of 2900 . Have to thank you though, thanks to our 2 games yesterday I started a nice climb out of that into the 2750s after I played some more solo queue. Can now start looking forward to diamond again.

One day you'll break through. Still haven't broken through 2800 but after last night I am determined to get there this week, then try to hit 3K next week. Hitting Diamond before my birthday would feel SO GOOD.

What time do y'all play? I'd be down to queue and I have a character in every class I can play decently.

Also I had a Widow on Ilios that wouldn't let Pharah breathe so much as try to harass. It was amazing. As Lucio I'd call her out and a few seconds later "Widow Down" would be heard on the mic.

Yea that bloody widow was annoying as fuck, if it wasn't for her we would have won that. For context, the widow refuses to switch in the face of a triple tank comp. It got very close in the end due to use also going triple tank and thus having more sustain but I felt forced to go Zenyetta to compensate the missing damage that the widow couldn't deliver.

Also you haven't enjoyed the drop yet of going below 2500 after gaining a high of 2900 . Have to thank you though, thanks to our 2 games yesterday I started a nice climb out of that into the 2750s after I played some more solo queue. Can now start looking forward to diamond again.

Yeah. The fact they didn't absolutely steamroll us was kinda impressive considering our lack of DPS. Tbh as annoyed as I am, out of placements I got 24XX (I was Plat last season) so getting 29XX is still very impressive. It's just that Diamond is so close and we have like 2 months of Season 3 left that I'd be annoyed if I didn't get there.

One day you'll break through. Still haven't broken through 2800 but after last night I am determined to get there this week, then try to hit 3K next week. Hitting Diamond before my birthday would feel SO GOOD.

What time do y'all play? I'd be down to queue and I have a character in every class I can play decently.

Also I had a Widow on Ilios that wouldn't let Pharah breathe so much as try to harass. It was amazing. As Lucio I'd call her out and a few seconds later "Widow Down" would be heard on the mic.

Yeah, it's luck of the draw if you get a troll like that but the rest of our team was pretty good, no complaints. I wasn't that experienced with unscoped Ana before doing Comp so learning "on the job" has been intense, but fun. Not sure I'll play her as much post-Nerf but whatever. Good luck with your climb :)

I tend to play...anytime from 6pm GMT onwards...but it varies. If I'm online and not busy and someone messaged me I'd probably be good to play a few anyway.

Yeah, that widow was frustrating. Sorry you couldn't make it to diamond. I'm down to 2374 now :'-(

How can you rate Numbani so low?

Something about that map... While others have too few areas to attack from, that one has way too many. You can have a great defense set up on top, and one Tracer touching point can make everyone completely break ranks, Zarya can't even have a good black hole in that phase because everyone is so spread out.

Street face is just super unfun.

The end is fine, but nothing to write home about.

I've written before that it's by far my least favorite of the 'good' maps. Just personal preference.

mileS

I have a question for people that play the PS4 version. I know sensitivity is personal preference but I'm looking for some opinions. I just started playing last week. I found the default aiming settings to be fantastic for the most part but after putting 20 hours in the game I'm starting to have second thoughts. Characters like Lúcio seem like they would really benefit from a faster sensitivity. If I want to get good at wall running I need to settle on something faster.

I've been having good luck with 40 horizontal and vertical. I changed both of them to the same value thinking it would be a smoother experience but I don't know anymore. The more I play the more I think having vertical set really low (to allow for fine tuning body and headshots) A lot of people seem to suggest having different aiming settings for each character but I don't think I can handle that right now. It's throwing my muscle memory off. What do most of you run your settings at?

Chance

I have a question for people that play the PS4 version. I know sensitivity is personal preference but I'm looking for some opinions. I just started playing last week. I found the default aiming settings to be fantastic for the most part but after putting 20 hours in the game I'm starting to have second thoughts. Characters like Lúcio seem like they would really benefit from a faster sensitivity. If I want to get good at wall running I need to settle on something faster.

I've been having good luck with 40 horizontal and vertical. I changed both of them to the same value thinking it would be a smoother experience but I don't know anymore. The more I play the more I think having vertical set really low (to allow for fine tuning body and headshots) A lot of people seem to suggest having different aiming settings for each character but I don't think I can handle that right now. It's throwing my muscle memory off. What do most of you run your settings at?

I went to 80 and 80 on all characters after I got good with Tracer. I wish I could handle it being 100x100, but any higher and I start missing my headshots.

Man, I'm unsure if I should laugh at Hanzo's response, or feel bad for the two of them. :(

As for Mercy and Genji, I'm down with that relationship, as it was heavily hinted at in past voice interactions and the recent Christmas comic. Bummer that Mei and McCree isn't a thing just yet, but I still hope for the day that becomes a thing.

Man if you thought people were freaking out at this Mercy & Genji romance, just wait until they confirm "thicc Mei" isn't a thing.

Blues1990

So what is the new OT?
Overwatch |OT8| Jeff Kaplan, why have you forsaken me?
Man if you thought people were freaking out at this Mercy & Genji romance, just wait until they confirm "thicc Mei" isn't a thing.
Mei is a lot like Diglett. You just don't know what's underground. In this case, her jacket. :p

I personally hope she is, as both her & Zarya would provide the greatest contrast with the female heroes. (Mei is the smallest female character, height-wise, while Zarya is the tallest female & is super buff.)

Kenai

.2 second faster hacking. Thats it. It'll help but she'll still be hot garbage.

That's pretty much exactly what i wanted buff-wise, even if I think she will still be weak yea. I wuld be all for a damage boost, but there are a few QoL things I'd really like to make her snappier to play like the cancel trans locator and faster hacking out of stealth. The delay between any actions and coming out of stealth is super annoying to me.

LiK

Stealth transition should be instant. It doesn't even match how it worked in the animated short. It's kinda useless right now.

Stealth transition should be instant. It doesn't even match how it worked in the animated short. It's kinda useless right now.
Yup, it can't be used defensively at all, if a sombra stealths when she's in view 9 times out of 10 she'll got knocked out of it.

Kaelan

I feel like Widowmaker needs a buff. Hanzo is better than her in everyway. Her freaking hook has too long of a cooldown, you can almost barely kill squishes with her assault rifle. Her cooldown needs to be shorter for her hook. It's ridiculous how her poison can hurt herself.

They should make his regular weapon a mini turret that sits on his back in addition to the large one and have the hammer out all the time.

Get on it blizzard, I'm never aiming again.

For true "never aiming again", his hammer would have to auto track targets and your turret when close enough

Symmetra is so fucking broken, what the hell. Her range and damage are complete horseshit.

Totally. Just got 30 kills in a match with her and I didn't even feel like I was doing that great of a job, lol. No support should be getting that many kills, much less melting multiple tanks on the front line.

Yup, it can't be used defensively at all, if a sombra stealths when she's in view 9 times out of 10 she'll got knocked out of it.

It'd be awesome if projections spread out on activation. The confusion would actually make her terrible damage acceptable.

Just got back into the game. Hooked a Lucio after be blew me off a ledge.

The ledge saved him. I couldn't pull him down guys.

I couldn't pull him down.

I couldn't pull him down. ;_;

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Totally. Just got 30 kills in a match with her and I didn't even feel like I was doing that great of a job, lol. No support should be getting that many kills, much less melting multiple tanks on the front line.

You are playing against some pretty bad tanks then.

Also depending on turret placement it's real easy to get elims as sym. Keep in mind that even a tickle gives you the elim.

The amount of damage her gun does compared to the lack of aiming required is so bonkers.

Magnus

My luckiest crate yet, from last week. But Winston was a dupe. :( Can't believe they only give you 200c for legendary dupes...

15972713_10104861496613892_679027224644031003_o.jpg

Sane_Man

After tilting so far down the ranks by healing every game. Me and my friend are just insta-locking me as Soldier and him as Ana and we're steamrolling most games now. Boost my ult and it breaks through most defences, even if my team mates aren't doing much.

antitrop

I played a game of Mystery Heroes and the win didn't count towards the loot box rewards.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, I have everything I want and 11k coins.

rulerk1

every comp match I had today has been cancelled because someone on the other team left in the beginning

The last match I had two people left when we up 2 and one person left on the enemies side. Wtf is going on today

Top Bottom