• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
i was so fuckng ready to put time into learning sombra all weekend

why is blizzard this way
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

eek5

another thing with the hacking ability is that we'll probably continue to see mercy stay on the sidelines of the game because it absolutely wrecks her ability to escape flankers with her guardian angel, but this also gives more of a reason for blizzard to give mercy an ability that lets her purge or purify herself (or teammates) that cant be disabled by other heroes.
I actually think a hiding mercy is a dead mercy. Sombra can use her tp/invis to flank pretty well, find mercy then just delete her with a hack/kill. She'll have no way to escape. Hopefully they make the cues for you getting hacked really obvious. In the blizzcon build it looks like you just see HACKED after the fact lol

Sombra's kit is so versatile that I think a really skilled player can break the game as-is but we'll see once it hits PTR.

After watching some "normal" players play as Sombra, I'm starting to think she's not as OP as she sounds on paper.

Like...she definitely needs a little tweaking/nerfing, and I definitely think pros are going to destroy with her and make some pretty awesome wombo combos, but I think the average player in Overwatch is gonna be mediocre to okay with her. I think there's gonna be a lot of people who think they're good with her like Genji/Hanzo/etc. but I don't think she's gonna be a game-changer just by existing. At least in the regular, average game.

ramyeon

Is there any gameplay of Sombra in normal non stacked matches? Am watching the start of the stylosa video but it's all Sombra stacking so far. Would love to see how she plays in a proper team comp.

Satch

Banned
lol D:

I wonder what Zarya's role will be like against Sombra in this.

if i had to guess, she probably can purge the hacked debuff from teammates with her ally-bubble

she's probably going to be public enemy number 1 for sombra though and spend most of the game being hacked lol

McCree and Soldier ults can't lock-on to Sombra while she's invisible.

Nice, nothing wrong with this IMO, invisibility serves as a defense mechanism in those situations, like other abilities in the game.

The more I think about Sombra, the more convinced I am that they should cut some of her abilities, to make her more balanced compared to the other heroes. The wallhack ability and hacking med-packs should just go (specially the first), she seems to be already good enough with the invisibility/teleport. They could instead reduce the cooldown on the hacking.

Too soon to judge, I know. But still...

Overwatch...I made an apple pie instead but might play. I want all these nerfs and Sombras now.

Let's go.

sam777

Is it pretty much a certainty that there will be a Christmas event? As I am trying to power level my way to 100 in time for the event.

Tovarisc

Is it pretty much a certainty that there will be a Christmas event? As I am trying to power level my way to 100 in time for the event.

Knowing Blizz there is Christmas event, but being level 100 before event won't do you any good. Next patch will make all post-100 levels require 20k XP / level.

Sorral

Doesn't hack have same range as Mercy's staff?

I don't know about that. I honestly don't play Mercy much to make a good comparison; however, it looked long enough that you can hack Dva from a safe distance around the corner kind of.

Anne hacked the med-kit right outside Gibraltar while on the lower level (same level as the payload) through the edge too.

xaosslug

Sombra seems like the new Zen, her "hack" ability = discord. Peeps are just gonna have to (try to) retreat until it dissipates. xD

Sullichin

I am just getting back into this game (I stopped shortly before the Halloween event). Man I fucking love this game, it's good to be back. I'm excited to catch up on anything I've missed.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I mained Lucio before, and I heard he was nerfed a little. I saw patch notes that said his speed boost was nerfed from 100% boost to 70%. Is there anything else? He's still awesome. I feel like I'm not getting as much +healing passive points, but I'm also rusty so not playing as efficiently as before. It's probably just that.

2. I'm using a new monitor that's 1440p and I'd like to play at my native res. I have a 970 and things drop below 60 when shit gets hairy, like when everyone on both teams is furiously attacking to prevent or enable overtime. What's the biggest culprit for settings here? I turned down AA and still seeing drops.

So is all there a place where i can find all the announcements so far?

Overwatch announcements:
Sombra and her legendary skins
New Map Oasis, Control/KOTH, coming in December
Quick Play will have Single Hero Limit
Weekly Brawls will be replaced by Arcade mode
Oni skin for Genji for playing HotS with friends during that game's event
Overwatch League for esports

Arcade mode:
1v1 and 3v3 skirmish modes on new map Ecopoint Antarctica
QP + Hero Stacking one mode
Mystery Heroes is a mode
All Brawls, will have various themed Brawls from past Weekly Brawls and new ones on rotation
You get 1 lootbox as reward for winning once in each specific mode for the first time
3 weekly lootboxes as reward for winning a few games

antitrop

2. I'm using a new monitor that's 1440p and I'd like to play at my native res. I have a 970 and things drop below 60 when shit gets hairy, like when everyone on both teams is furiously attacking to prevent or enable overtime. What's the biggest culprit for settings here? I turned down AA and still seeing drops.
Local Fog Detail
Dynamic Reflections
Shadow Detail
Refraction Quality

Certainly.
For instance, I've been thinking about what character would fit the map of Ilios, and my first thought was a grizzled sailor/pirate (cause Greece and boats go well together), but I've come to the conclusion that the best fit for Ilios would be an Indiana Jones/Lara Croft type archeologist/treasure hunter. Perhaps using a whip to restrain enemies and such.

The upcoming map already makes me crave scientist characters, and there's very many things you can do with. There's the mad evil scientist, there's the regal, scholarly professor, or the eccentric tinkerer.

Some other archetypes - kooky elderly lady (you know, the auntie inviting you over for tea and knitting you socks for christmas :p); or the Duke Nukem/Serious Sam kinda guy - badass dude built like a brick and wielding a massive gun. Benevolent/assisting AI type (Athena!). Special agent/spy kind of guy ala James Bond.

And there's a lot of villain concepts that haven't been explored yet, either. Religious extremist, evil AI/Omnic who wants to destroy all of the fleshbags, Bond-villain corporate/criminal kingpin (preferably with en eyepatch), and so on.

Bro, that pirate hero/villain sounds pretty great. Also Indiana Jones type guy would be fun ad hell I'm sure.

Tweet up Blizz with a thought out kit and make this happen for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom