• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_og4xp3gLqn1r4ar57o1_1280.png

It's that map. Looks like Overwatch has some kind of Illuminati shit going on.

Also

tumblr_og4xquIpID1rw0mueo1_1280.png

Somebody at Blizzard def has a robot fetish.

tumblr_og4xp3gLqn1r4ar57o1_1280.png

It's that map. Looks like Overwatch has some kind of Illuminati shit going on.

It's a map, yes, a relationship map. The icons are various organizations (LumeriCo, Volskaya, Numbani, Talon, Overwatch, Shimada Clan, Helix, Security, and that eye in the middle is that shadow organization that Sombra's backstory talks about).
The mugshots are people associated with these organizations, and relationships to each other.

And now that I look at it, I realize that Omnic that has ties to the shadow organization also has ties to Reinhardt. Is our beloved knight in shining armour maybe not as chivalrous as we thought?

Tovarisc

I wonder how long before Blizz nerfs Mei's ult in order to knock her out of borderline mandatory pick status. At pro level so many team fights are all about who gets Blizzard and/or Graviton down, boring to watch.

ohkay

I wonder how long before Blizz nerfs Mei's ult in order to knock her out of borderline mandatory pick status. At pro level so many team fights are all about who gets Blizzard and/or Graviton down, boring to watch.
PTR:
Mei
Blizzard
Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%

Kuro

Which is nothing. Radius of it, how fast it freezes and how long it lasts is just bananas. Once that sucker is blopped down your team is done for.

That and its awful visibility. I don't know how many times I've been frozen while standing on a platform.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

She's nowhere near the pick rate of zarya. What are you even talking about.

Tovarisc

She's nowhere near the pick rate of zarya. What are you even talking about.

I'm not really fan graviton bomb in Pro games either. So many team fights boil down to which team has graviton and/or blizzard up and which team uses theirs first. Blizzard is just more likely team wipe because it renders whole team 100% defenseless for long time.

Antiwhippy

I'm not really fan graviton bomb in Pro games either. So many team fights boil down to which team has graviton and/or blizzard up and which team uses theirs first. Blizzard is just more likely team wipe because it renders whole team 100% defenseless for long time.

It's also way easier to escape from blizzard.

antitrop

The pros are going to figure out insane things to do with Sombra's teleporter, it seems to have so much versatility.

I love the idea of setting up a little "home base" at a hacked med pack, then going out on a quick 15 second blitz before returning to safety. That seems like the most standard way of using it.

Antiwhippy

I feel like the health pack hack would make her a real good pseudo support on defense.

It pretty much fucks over the flanker Heroes.

Tovarisc

The pros are going to figure out insane things to do with Sombra's teleporter, it seems to have so much versatility.

I love the idea of setting up a little "home base" at a hacked med pack, then going out on a quick 15 second blitz before returning to safety. That seems like the most standard way of using it.

Will be interesting to see pro level aggressive Sombra's.

Those of us who used to play Unreal Tournament and had fun with the translocator there already have ideas on using it in Overwatch.

Sadly no telefragging

Antiwhippy

The second healer capabilities are insane.

75 hp every two seconds
250 every three seconds

Also hack can fuck over a lot of attack pushes. i can see a meta where it's 1 support + Sombra. Especially seeing that emp fucks over lucio so hard. Enyus already tried the same with s76.

Think I just played against PsychoWARD23.

GG bro, I voted for ya.
sorry for the late response I was banned lol. But yeah I don't remember the specifics of the match other than your hooks were nasty.

Anyways my thoughts on today's news

- yay new map, although it's almost a given considering how long sombra took to reveal
- yep, sombra seems OP. At the very least she seems very fun to play as but VERY annoying to play against.
- LOVE that hero stacking is gone from QP, HATE that they didn't just add a new 6v6 qp mode without stacking. IMO there should be three "standard" playlists. The current QP as is, the current comp as is, and then in the middle an unranked playlist that doesn't have stacking and has 2 rounds on attack/defense maps. Seems like it would be a good median option instead of gutting current QP, they definitely have the population for it
- not sure what the new playlists are like exactly since I've been at work all day but 1v1 and 3v3 sound neat at first but I can't imagine they'll be well balanced at all/fun to play even. I'd rather a new mode with bots and stuff akin to TF2 or even a MOBA. Obviously it wouldn't be part of comp but it could still be neat

xaosslug

Skyline doesn't think Sombra's invisibility is gonna be toxic/unhealthy/unfun for the game because she doesn't have a lot of damage (uhh....) xD

Also hack can fuck over a lot of attack pushes. i can see a meta where it's 1 support + Sombra. Especially seeing that emp fucks over lucio so hard. Enyus already tried the same with s76.
I honestly don't know how attacking teams will ever capture the second point when every single health pack around the point is useless for the attackers and 3x more effective for the defenders.

And all Sound Barrier pushes can be instantly countered.

Apathy

PTR:
Mei
Blizzard
Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%

Needs her right click damage reduced, the hitboxes or how fast someone gets frozen at higher than a second.

It's a bit ridiculous that shes being used as an offensive character right now.

let's hope, I'm not looking forward to invisibility being a regular ability

I don't think there's going to be any additional stealth heroes. As many people from Blizzard said, it's hard to make a balanced kit around it without making it frustrating to play against (i.e. instakills ala TF2 Spy).

I don't think there's going to be any additional stealth heroes. As many people from Blizzard said, it's hard to make a balanced kit around it without making it frustrating to play against (i.e. instakills ala TF2 Spy).

Yeah I don't think there will be any more but just having 1 hero have it as a regular ability is making me uneasy.

and yeah I agree that she seems kinda overdesigned, there's so much shit going on with her

that being said ana is great so who knows

Antiwhippy

Seeing how much fun ana is i have Faith.

I don't have faith in them making her balanced out of the gate, but i have faith in them making a fun character.

Kuro

South Korea is gonna win the cup. Russia has no chance I think, as much as I'd love the motherland to take it.

Only art for the legendaries, no models.

This WC was rigged for SK in the first place with them having 3 players that are already on a team together and another 2 that play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom