• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

She doesn't have an instakill/backstab mechanic.

but at close range she can kill most of the characters in the game w/ a full clip... let's not even get started with how she can easily escape if things get sticky, or how her ult silences everyone within her range... xD

Chance

I have ripped the boop heard 'round the world into a small but high-quality GIF. Go forth and meme.

Edit: curse you, Imgur!

Edit: there we go:

sombra%2Bboop.gif

Torb's ptr buff isn't gonna be enough to rescue him from f tier. Sombra will be able to make his main attraction useless jut by using one of her regular abilities.

TheExodu5

Banned
Started playing this game a lot for the past few weeks. Doing my placements now.

My biggest gripe with the game is Reinhardt. I don't think I've ever seen a winning team without Reinhardt. Just seems so essential.

Started playing this game a lot for the past few weeks. Doing my placements now.

My biggest gripe with the game is Reinhardt. I don't think I've ever seen a winning team without Reinhardt. Just seems so essential.

Certain maps are almost impossible without a Reinhardt. But a bad Reinhardt can be even worse for your team if they never push and just fart around.

And I've definitely won games where my team didn't have a Rein and the other team did. So it's not impossible.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Gosh, as someone who plays Winston quite a bit on King of the Hill, Sombra is gonna be an absolute godsend to have on your team on those maps. Denying health pack access to the enemy team will allow Winston to control key spots like the outside balcony on Lijang Control Center, and the increased respawn rate means he'll be able to jump back there for health every single time his jump comes off of cooldown. It's gonna be nuts.

darklin0

Banned
Gosh, as someone who plays Winston quite a bit on King of the Hill, Sombra is gonna be an absolute godsend to have on your team on those maps. Denying health pack access to the enemy team will allow Winston to control key spots like the outside balcony on Lijang Control Center, and the increased respawn rate means he'll be able to jump back there for health every single time his jump comes off of cooldown. It's gonna be nuts.
I agree. Sombra and Winston will work like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

Chance

Sombra seems amazing. I can't wait to play her in game

Sombra seems terrifying. Meet the new Ana.

One gets the sense that, in a year, the original twenty-one heroes will never see serious play, having been replaced by a gaggle of new kids who all have ridiculous kits that work in all kinds of crazy ways.

A kid on a hovering wheelchair will float over to McCree and say "I shoot homing discs that target supports before DPS or tanks, prevent enemies from using their ults, shield my entire team from any damage for fifteen seconds, and can teleport though walls while doing area-of-effect damage all around me!"

McCree will say "I can shoot things real purdy."

"Oh. Oh that... sounds super-fun, man."

"I can also throw out a flashbang for a half-second crowd control!"

"Suuuper fun... oop, did you hear Doomfist calling? I gotta' go!"

"I didn't hear nothin'."

"Super fun though!"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

The reverse can be said for Winston facing off against an enemy Sombra.

Also, Winston jumps in > Sombra hacks him > Winston can't jump out > ggs.

I feel like Sombra might be a suitable replacement for Tracer on Koth maps. Even if she doesn't do as much damage, she provides so much utility for the team.

The reverse can be said for Winston facing off against an enemy Sombra.

Also, Winston jumps in > Sombra hacks him > Winston can't jump out > ggs.

It should be basically impossible for Sombra to hack Winston unless Winston is blind. The second she takes damage she's interrupted out of her channeling, and Winston doesn't even need to aim.

Antiwhippy

It should be basically impossible for Sombra to hack Winston unless Winston is blind. The second she takes damage she's interrupted out of her channeling, and Winston doesn't even need to aim.

Her range seems longer than Winston's Tesla.

Though that would make her more vulnerable against characters like mei actually. The range of her ice gun is deceptively long.

And while she hacks him, he is gonna detect and walk up to her and start electrocuting her. I seriously doubt Sombra is going to be any sort of counter to Winston, quite the opposite.
Again, "while she hacks him" is a very short time. And you don't know your being hacked until it's already been done.

This is not a one v one situation. Winston will be in the thick of things and then suddenly won't be able to escape.

Antiwhippy

At least Winston has his bubble to hide from hacks. Dva is now extra fucked again. :(

Dva and roadhog are fucked in that they are the only tanks that can't protect themselves from statuses, but at least roadhog had the dps.

eek5

At least Winston has his bubble to hide from hacks. Dva is now extra fucked again. :(

Dva and roadhog are fucked in that they are the only tanks that can't protect themselves from statuses, but at least roadhog had the dps.

at least shes becoming extra healty and speedy

Also regarding lore stuff, i thought the los muertos were anti omnic?

Only the goons we saw in the 76 short were for sure. Plus, things might've changed over time as well. Or Los Muertos are fractured. We don't know exactly. I'm sure there's an explanation for that Omnic Los Muertos member and them, down the line, beating up that Omnic in the short.

xaosslug

lol, it's cute that you think anyone is safe from Sombra's hacks. All she had to do is go invisible and get behind their shields and they're done.

gonna be a shitshow. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom