• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
he's most fun on koth. Still fun on others just not so much.

They use your average lifetime accuracy instead of average accuracy for the session. Few stats are bugged like that. Zaryas average energy is bugged the same way.
Edit: thought you said scoped oops.

Overbuff kinda sucks imo, prefer Master Overwatch as it doesn't inflate stats as much.

Jellie

Overbuff kinda sucks imo, prefer Master Overwatch as it doesn't inflate stats as much.

I use both but can't really take either of them at face value. Just look at it to see stuff like how many times I died or how much healing I did.

Meccs

I'm 5-1 with Zarya now after watching Seagulls videos. I also just had my first quadruple kill with her. I hope I didn't jinx it after posting this lol

antitrop

I'm 5-1 with Zarya now after watching Seagulls videos. I also just had my first quadruple kill with her. I hope I didn't jinx it after posting this lol
Nice job.

Check out Lassiz's stream if you want some more sick Zarya play. He's my favorite to watch.

Xzan

I almost want to main Ana for her "Children behave!" Voiceline. Works in so many cases!

Disapproving plus "Children, Behave!" used to be my default combo on Ana. Always made me smile.

My go to for Zarya was the Pumping Iron and "Welcome to the Gun Show" combo but I got bored of it for now.

Xzan

What's the name of that Overwatch stat site that gives you a nickname based on your best character? I remember I got "Iron Hide" since DVa was my best character.

Modchat

Bi8t982.png

Jellie

IGN rated Overwatch their GOTY and here's a video explaining their decision. The salt in the comments is beautiful.

IGN: "Perfectly balanced" "high and quick lethality" "no one character is more overpowered than another individually and even when they get together as a team" "they've never found a combination thats completely overpowered, that completely dominates"
Are they basing it on before Ana was released?

AbaFadi

Banned
IGN: "Perfectly balanced" "high and quick lethality" "no one character is more overpowered than another individually and even when they get together as a team" "they've never found a combination thats completely overpowered, that completely dominates"

I don't think there was any point in time where the game was completely balanced lol. McCree was pretty broken when the game came out, widow could body shot zen for a quick kill, etc.

Jellie

I don't think there was any point in time where the game was completely balanced lol. McCree was pretty broken when the game came out, widow could body shot zen for a quick kill, etc.

Yeah the "perfectly balanced" one hasn'tt happened once. It was more the other quotes I meant regarding pre-ana.
Pre-ana was Zen meta so everything died so "high and quick lethality". Ana is probably the most OP hero throughout the various nerfs/buffs and the current meta is the one with fewest viable options.

Mutombo

Yeah the "perfectly balanced" one hasn'tt happened once. It was more the other quotes I meant regarding pre-ana.
Pre-ana was Zen meta so everything died so "high and quick lethality". Ana is probably the most OP hero throughout the various nerfs/buffs and the current meta is the one with fewest viable options.

But they are the new "gold standard" as said in videos. They started with 21 characters and want to add more, of course some of the things in the meta are going to change. But at my level on ps4, i hardly meet good ana's. You still need good aim, good positioning. It's not easy playing a good ana.

DVA, as she's right now, is easy mode. She's the only character post-buff (i mean, they buffed, her, then they buffed her again?) that is just annoying to play against. But still; you can manage.

Looking at how they balanced it, and keep balancing it, objectively, they're doing a marvelous job. Despite the fact that everybody has complaints.

Skii

Let's be honest, not a single person talking on that video has played competitive lol. They won't pay attention to the "meta" so they really have no idea what's going on outside of QP.

I just think they're like most major gaming outlets in that they suck at mp games for some reason.

I just think they're like most major gaming outlets in that they suck at mp games for some reason.

probably the same reason most people suck at mp games

thats what makes OW winning so many GOTY surprising to me. You have to win a consensus vote, and most people are too bad at these games to agree for its best of the year proclamation.

Make of that what you will about OW's skill floor and ceiling, Kappa

NeoRaider

When i see Ana boosting her friend Widow and Tracer during the whole match while we have Rein, Soldier, Hog in our team...

killyourselves.png

Bubble

Neo Member
Had a terrible day at competitive. 1 win, 1 draw and like 5-6 losses. Lost about 100+ points and are now way off 2500.

Maybe this is a sign for me to take a break from Overwatch for a while. Maybe, just maybe.

caesar

Banned
Im actually so sick of dva in every game at masters. The most obnoxious pos hero.

HELLO ITS ME THE DPS ROLE

CAN U HEAR ME?

???

:(

Playing Rein with randoms sucks so much holy shit...

Had a S76/McCree duo on my team that barely used my shield. I got gold eliminatios with only 20 kills, I don't know what the fuck they were doing during the game. I really hate duos that pick dps and aren't even on team chat.

On another subject, I don't think we should be able to contest the point in Oasis gardens map by being on the high ground. Doesn't seem fair to the team that needs to recap the point.

Blues1990

When i see Ana boosting her friend Widow and Tracer during the whole match while we have Rein, Soldier, Hog in our team...

killyourselves.png

To be fair, a Nano Boosted Tracer is nightmare incarnate. I had a game where we had an excellent Tracer on our team, who was putting in work. I took a chance with the Tracer with a coordinated Nano Boost, and he/she had obliterated the opposing team with a combination of headshots and dumping the pulse bomb on the Ana/Reinhardt/McCree.

JHall

Im actually so sick of dva in every game at masters. The most obnoxious pos hero.

HELLO ITS ME THE DPS ROLE

CAN U HEAR ME?

???

:(

I like to call DVA the fun police. Oh you have an ult, let me just sit in front of you with a DM up.

Jellie

Playing Rein with randoms sucks so much holy shit...

Had a S76/McCree duo on my team that barely used my shield. I got gold eliminatios with only 20 kills, I don't know what the fuck they were doing during the game. I really hate duos that pick dps and aren't even on team chat.

On another subject, I don't think we should be able to contest the point in Oasis gardens map by being on the high ground. Doesn't seem fair to the team that needs to recap the point.

They said contesting on top is a bug and is patched out on PTR I think.

I like to call DVA the fun police. Oh you have an ult, let me just sit in front of you with a DM up.

Fot the most part people just need to learn when to use their ults. When I see teammates wasting their ults with a D.Va still in her mech in front of them I feel like jumping off a cliff
as Lucio

They said contesting on top is a bug and is patched out on PTR I think.

That makes sense, thx.

frye

Sooolllooo Quueeeuueee

qVqMrxj.png

Is weapon accuracy not tracked correctly on Overbuff? I check periodically throughout the game and it's at 70-80% unscoped.

jHGKYW4.png

I'm not sure why I think this (so it may be wrong) but for some reason I assumed weapon accuracy was sleep dart accuracy

antitrop

I'm not sure why I think this (so it may be wrong) but for some reason I assumed weapon accuracy was sleep dart accuracy
Sleep Dart accuracy would be a more useful stat, but that's not what it is. It only averages total sleep darts hit.

cyborg009

Banned
So i finally put in my razor mouse to play with today. Is having a 1800 dpi setting on the mouse strange? I do keep the in game sensitivity pretty low at 15.69. It's pretty crazy having all these settings after playing with a generic mouse for so long.

Meccs

Nice job.

Check out Lassiz's stream if you want some more sick Zarya play. He's my favorite to watch.
Will do thanks! I'm currently at 10-3 after watching the videos and changing my play style. I'm getting better at lobbing my alt fire too. Shielding someone is kinda difficult when the action gets rough though. I still make a lot of mistakes but I think I have found my favorite hero. Seagulls "Mei" videos are great too. You pick up so much from watching someone good play the game.

MrPanic

So i finally put in my razor mouse to play with today. Is having a 1800 dpi setting on the mouse strange? I do keep the in game sensitivity pretty low at 15.69. It's pretty crazy having all these settings after playing with a generic mouse for so long.
What the... Isn't that crazy high? I thought the average pro OW player plays it with 800dpi and 7 sensitivity in-game. I've been playing with 10 in-game sensitivity but got a new mouse and bigger mouse pad last week and have been trying to adjust to the lower sensitivity, it's been a rough transition.

Blues1990

When it comes to Nano Boosting targets, who are the more underrated Heroes that can clean shop with Ana's dart just as well as Genji or Soldier, but are mostly forgotten in the wake of Dragon Blades and Tactical Visors?

Skii

You're at 1800 DPI with 15.69 sensitivity? How do you aim? lol.That seems really high but if you're used to it, I guess it's fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom