• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a button that switches between the two in the top right.
020b04f9de369d7f2e6567a799d83007.png

venom473

someone should make a list of all the excuses people come up with to keep playing stupid picks.

"I have gold damage/elims"
"X Hero has a heal/shield/cc/etc"
"I have X hours on this hero"
"Why don't you play X Hero then?"
"I'm a Diamond/Master/Grandmaster smurf"

I keep hearing "I can't play healer" but I'm not sure if that's a legit reason

Overbuff is weird when you switch mid game, and counts draws as losses. But holy shit, I am 0 for like my last 15 as Zen in comp according to Overbuff. That is fucking pathetic.

I'm not even a bad Zen! I promise!

So many stubborn players today, back to back losses. Game could use a shakeup at this point, things like Ana + Tank spam is too punishing on anything that isn't highly consistent and effecient.

Jblanks

There's no such button for me.

Same.

That said I think I'm done with Comp this season, maybe a few more matches sometime. The meta is stale and boring even though tanks are my favourite class, and it can get very frustrating whereas QP and Arcade there's a lot more freedom with choices instead of playing the same 3/4 heroes and always going to the same places and doing the same things. Happy with hitting master in my first comp season though.

Well today was a good day.
Made it back up to season high and then a new season high 3280. Only 20sr from my previous but im finally back up.

I mean, it's the meta for a reason.
I mean I can certainly accept that certain characters and team builds are just going to be positioned to be stronger than others at particular moments in time it's just that what we have currently is a little restrictive and boring compared to anything that came before it in my opinion.

Geneijin

You gotta tweet Overbuff to add your profile.

https://twitter.com/Overbuff/status/806596618346758145
Yup. I see some people here linking their Overbuff profile and its only displaying their QP stats. If there's no toggle for QP and comp stats at the top right, your profile is bugged. If it works, it should be readily available for anybody to see as long as they know your B.net ID. Definitely contact Overbuff's twitter to fix it because I tried email and they never responded to my request there :lol

I need to start finding a team or group of people again. Been stuck at 2500-2900 too long. Where's a good place to start?

I'm also gonna miss all the hate I get for using Roadhog. I haven't tried PTR yet but I'm gonna wait for it to be live before I decide between my main dps/tank.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Kanokare-1233
Yeah, your Overbuff profile is bugged too. You should have an extension ?mode=competitive in the html to view your competitive stats.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Kanokare-1233?mode=competitive

Great KOTH Lucio game. Then on Anubis we get steamrolled first point, but our second point D is great. We hold for 7 minutes. Then our Ana boosts me (Lucio) and we lose the last big fight and the point in overtime. Zarya still had an ult when we lost.

Then our Ana leaves, and when she comes back with 2 minutes left their defense has become impenetrable.

I'm going insane this season. My W/L has always been well over 50% in comp this season it's like 40.

Jellie

Great KOTH Lucio game. Then on Anubis we get steamrolled first point, but our second point D is great. We hold for 7 minutes. Then our Ana boosts me (Lucio) and we lose the last big fight and the point in overtime. Zarya still had an ult when we lost.

Then our Ana leaves, and when she comes back with 2 minutes left their defense has become impenetrable.

I'm going insane this season. My W/L has always been well over 50% in comp this season it's like 40.
Anubis B is great for Lucio. Those pillars allow you to play so aggressively or to stall the enemy team.

We had a Ana on our team who said "Gold elims as support" then switched to Widowmaker... on KOTH lol

Funny thing is that I had gold eliminations too. But, he had to keep those medals I guess. We ended up losing of course.

Jellie

I mean I'm sure you played him sometimes but I remember mainly Zarya and Tracer. I aspire to be you, amazing stats.
I actually don't think I ever did. I got sick of him and decided never to use him again. Solo queing as Lucio does that to you. Tried him on PC but it didn't feel right so never went back to him unless somebody picked Ana, soldier or Rein first.
Those are quick play stats. 70% winrate in quickplay because being a Lucio main meant you would win as nobody played healer cos quickplay.
There are more anime avatars here than usual. What am I missing?

Hanzo/Genji mains?

Moonkid

Mines the little prince drawn by someone Japanese, probably, best of both worlds :D
I'm hoping they add to consoles what your friends are doing under their online card. Makes it easier to know if you can invite to Comp, etc.
That's a thing on PC? Why is that still not a thing on consoles -_-

My aiming with zen is really off compared to other characters...

Yea its tough to get those lead shots sometimes, but when you're having one of those games where you're clicking with it and on fire, just dropping fools with discord as Zen, one of the most fun characters

DevilDog

Mines the little prince drawn by someone Japanese, probably, best of both worlds :DThat's a thing on PC? Why is that still not a thing on consoles -_-

Yeah, even if they are playing another game. Like if they're playing wow, it will even show in which area they are.
As for OW, it has everything, even says when the player is in a match that is ending etc.

Who are you really?

Also hi, and welcome to overwatch.

Actually so many new people in this thread. Antiwhippy, where did he go?

Yeah, even if they are playing another game. Like if they're playing wow, it will even show in which area they are.
As for OW, it has everything, even says when the player is in a match that is ending etc.

Who are you really?

Also hi, and welcome to overwatch.
i'm
okita souji.

Sane_Man

I just had one of the most frustrating but ultimately satisfying games I've ever had. King of the hill, I'm Zarya and the only healer we have is a Zen. We have a rein and then two guys insisted on playing Hanzo and Widowmaker. They were as terrible as you'd expect and the first two rounds we get rolled so hard. Finally someone switches to Mercy and the Widow switches to Reaper and it all clicked. The Hanzo wouldn't switch though and he got carried so hard. We won the next 3 rounds and I got 70% kill participation as Zarya.

Hanzo at the end said I did nothing lol. This was before the card came up showing I had 70% k/p. Shows how little he understands the game.

I've raised from 1200 to 1900 over the last few days after plummeting from 2200 at the start of the season. Feels good. Switching from healing (out of necessity) to character I can carry with has made such a difference.

AbaFadi

Banned
Saw someone with master right now who exclusively played dva this season.

S1: SR 54
S2: 2700 season high

Would like to see his rank when the nerf bomb hits

To be fair, a lot of people who were in high plat/low diamond are in masters now. I can tell who had their rank inflated by watching how they play without having to check their season 1 and 2 rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom